Bosma Murder Trial 03.23.16 - Day 26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did DM purchase the Riverside property? If you check out the Google Streetview from August 2011, there's someone working in the front yard. Kinda looks like DM but also kinda doesn't. What do you think?

Also notable is that there's a pile of bricks on the lawn by the driveway. Didn't we hear about a pile of bricks during the testimony today? There's almost two years between Aug 2011 and May 2013. If these are the same bricks, they would have been sitting there for quite a while.

View attachment 90993

I kinda think it looks like JV

[h=1]Tim Bosma Murder Trial: Videos from Dellen Millard’s roommates | EXHIBIT #112[/h]
[video=youtube;oavEKN_Iw6I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavEKN_Iw6I&list=UUnsj4TU7mOQ-4l2HOaRekgA&index=1[/video]

What are we learning from this video? Are we seeing the area where the black truck will be sitting?

I believe it was the 10th. Somebody smarter will correct me if I'm wrong. :)

It was the 10th that JV sent the text about the water running. Whatever was happening there was likely something that had done on the evening of the 9th or early morning of the 10th. Obviously this is something DM and CN were doing since they were hiding evidence at that time. What were they hiding or cleaning up at Riverside that night/morning? Did they have the truck and trailer at Riverside to do some cleaning before taking it MB's? Since CN's DNA was on a glove with TB's blood on it, the only time she would have had a chance to touch that truck or any other evidence would have been the evening of May 9th before it was left in MB's driveway.

MOO

[h=1]Tim Bosma Murder Trial: Videos from Dellen Millard’s roommates | EXHIBIT #112[/h]
[video=youtube;oavEKN_Iw6I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavEKN_Iw6I&list=UUnsj4TU7mOQ-4l2HOaRekgA&index=1[/video]

Was that Camaro listed as one of the vehicles registered to DM or a Millard company?

But why JV? I only caught the first part of his testimony, but so far he just sounds another poor schmuck who got manipulated by DM. Did defense ask any questions that made it sound like they were implying it was him?

Is "are you nervous right now" supposed to be the code for the ones defense is going to accuse?

I really don't think they are trying to pin this on him..they are just trying to rip apart his credibility..that's what the defense is paid to do. IMO

Which home did DM own in Burlington that was reno'ed? I don't remember this.

I think I can see where Sachak is heading and the scheming and planning by DM to frame V in these text messages between SS and DM. It has the "feeling" DM set V up from the get go. V knew DM was interested in a diesel Dodge So was that part of the planning to show V knew DM wanted this truck (DM deliberately left the Kijiji site open to TB's truck ad knowing V was going to be in the house to see it? Asks him if he saw anything on the computers at Maplegate. V says he saw 'like a black pickup truck similar to this one.) Is DM's defense going to try and claim it was V along with DM for the test drive and V's the one who murdered TB? Was it in DM's preplanning to have MS pull his hoodie over his head so SB and WD couldn't identify MS, later saying it was V on the test drive with him?

Did DM tell his attorney that he gave TB money to purchase his truck, asked V to drive TB's Dodge, return TB home and then drive to the hangar while he fetched the Yukon saying he would meet V back at the hangar? When V showed up this is when DM found out TB was murdered? DM being the fantastic, wonderful employer and friend could no way turn his faithful employee in, therefore he was going to help cover for V. Or DM headed home in the Yukon after the test drive and when he returned to the hangar days later, he found this black Dodge ram with its interior stripped. DM needed time to think about what to do next and was in shock. The day DM was arrested, claims are according to texts, he was on his way to the bank and then to his lawyer to seek legal advice about what he should do because he knew his dedicated employee had committed murder. Is this what Sachak is going to try and imply? If this is the case...total premeditation and planning. Guess we'll have to wait and see what comes out next week. :crazy: MOO.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes Mar 21
Texts from May 9. At 9:49pm DM texts SS: "I can't stop thinking about what that family's going through."

At 10:22pm, DM: "I want to take it back, but I'm a little concerned (at) how that's going to play out."

At 10:26pm SS: "ya that's a tough call man. Have you considered goin to cops? Tell em ya bought this truck but you think it's warm"

Then DM responds: "hypothetically: if this is the same one, I'm in a lot of jeopardy: what truck?"

After police left there was discussion of moving the red pickup from the hangar.

The truck was sometimes at the hangar, Schlatman says. Guys doing work on his properties would sometimes use it for work.

SS says DM said he wanted to have a vehicle outside the hangar in case he hangar was locked down.

SS texted a friend who lived nearby. Asked if he could park it there.

Dell drove the truck, SS followed in his minivan. Dell dropped off the truck behind the house & SS drove them both back to the hangar

Says DM said he was then going to go to the bank and talk to his lawyer.

What are we learning from this video? Are we seeing the area where the black truck will be sitting?

It wasn't completely clear from the tweets what the importance of the video was. Time stamps when at least some people were at the there, corroborates some witness testimony, puts at least four people in the hangar at that time, gives a greater sensory experience of how the hangar was used and adds some poignance when you realize that the plan was already in motion and TB has such a short time to live as measured from these moments we can see.

Was that Camaro listed as one of the vehicles registered to DM or a Millard company?

So much for SS covering his face after leaving courthouse giving testimony. So much for DM ever getting to enjoy all these toys he had. It's the Karma thing don'tcha know. ;) MOO.

[video=youtube;oavEKN_Iw6I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=oavEKN_Iw6I[/video]

It is interesting how all the testimony is from DM's friends/associates so far - I think they will focus on MS later. I think MM will testify that was the phone number she used to keep in touch with MS.

That also makes me think, maybe the witnesses yesterday were primarily called so LE could prove beyond a doubt that it was indeed DM's own phone that was pinging off the locations associated with the Crown's murder scenario, and he had it in his possession constantly - ie no one else could have been moving around with it.

Good point

Pretty sure I have it figured out now ... the driveway work was being done on the Maplegate house ..... and the garden hose left "on" at the riverside rental unit.

Not sure but I thing "leaving the water on" was in reference to leaving the tap on inside the house as the workers left for the day .... the hose could very well have its own tap at the other end of it (outside)

The confusion started here ....

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
May 10 texts. Javier to Millard 5:52 pm "Should I keep water running?" To do with new hoses from Home Depot running all day. Unclear where..

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
At 5:52pm V texts M asking "should I keep water running." Says M had asked him to keep the water on for a hose in the driveway. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
This was at the Riverside home. #Bosma

EDIT Let me correct that

Seeing photo of garden hoses at Riverside backyard. Ran water for 10 hours, following Millard's instructions. Mar 23, 2016

Exhibit 642-3. A swab from a garden hose seized from Riverside Drive in Toronto. #Bosma Mar 22, 2016

It was the 10th that JV sent the text about the water running. Whatever was happening there was likely something that had done on the evening of the 9th or early morning of the 10th. Obviously this is something DM and CN were doing since they were hiding evidence at that time. What were they hiding or cleaning up at Riverside that night/morning? Did they have the truck and trailer at Riverside to do some cleaning before taking it MB's? Since CN's DNA was on a glove with TB's blood on it, the only time she would have had a chance to touch that truck or any other evidence would have been the evening of May 9th before it was left in MB's driveway.

MOO

I suppose it is possible as well that CN picked up gloves that already had Tim's blood on them just to use them for moving things she didn't want fingerprints on. I can't remember if her DNA was inside or outside or both. I wonder how much she was involved in the cleaning of things. By the 9th/10th any blood would have dried and it's hard to imagine that hosing down at that point would have had much of an impact. Of course that could be why the luminol tests were effective. Also, completely stereotypical here, but I think if a woman would have been tasked with cleaning perhaps it would have been, well, clean. There was visible to the naked eye blood all over the cab. Fail.

I think DM's defense likes to control the pace and tenor of this trial and uses every opportunity to do so. Just before another long break, they say they need another 2 hours of cross-examining JV. IMO, the cross next week will take a lot less time and I suspect they're just trying to psych JV out over the next week to hopefully have him ultra nervous and feeling vulnerable when he returns to the stand, IMO. They want him feeling off-balance.

If JV got the feeling today that DM and his lawyers are trying to make him the scapegoat for this horrific crime, I think he'd be feeling rightfully nervous and also very angry that he is being put in such a position, IMO.

I hope he knows there are many people who believe his testimony and don't buy into DM's defense tactics, IMO.

All MOO.

JV has been around the Millard family, DM and WM, for a lot of years. It has been beneficial for him and for them IMO. DM basically gives him free room and board, plus a vechicle for him to use to work for DM doing anything he asks for very little pay, just perks. Everything is a give and take, one says you owe me x amount of dollars for my work and the other says well you owe me x amount of dollars for rent...or truck rental...or a loan to go home to Colombia. And DM fudges over everything, confuses JV, throws a few bucks his way so he can pay his other family members, eat, drink and buy cigars and everything continues on.

Seems like it was that way for years and DM had a guy to do all kinds of hard physical labour for him, as well as manage and renovate his six plex for next to nothing. Nothing was done legally with regards to the "business" interactions although DM sure strung him along with the line about using him for a business partner in the home renovation biz. I bet SH was taking in this testimony with a feeling of relief that he didn't put up his $5000 bucks but with complete understanding of how JV got sucked into all this.

JV has not mentioned if he's married with a family has he? Not sure if WM was part of the arrangement as well while he was alive but it appears that DM has been the one JV has dealt with for most of the time JV has been "working" for the Millard family. DM likely has a lot of less than legal behaviours on him as well, all of which is going to come out in the cross examination (remember he is also listed on the court case we saw with DM as another defendent. Looks like he was really willing to do just about anything for DM to stay in his good graces and keep his home and job).

JV has painted a picture of how he's been used by DM today. The defense will attempt to paint a picture of how he used DM. He is likely going to lose his composure after 2 hours of angry cross examination and get very angry at the things that are going to be implied about him. Every thing he's done since meeting the Millard family that is less than legal is going to be questioned and put out there for the world to hear. It's all a strategy to make him look less than trustworthy and someone whom the jury should be very wary of. All to pave the way for the defense argument about people around DM who were "shady" and using him for his money. People that would "set him up and frame him" in a heartbeat. For no other reason than to throw some shade on things and create what they hope will be reasonable doubt that DM actually did this.

MOO

Impossible. Anyone who is a Leafs fan knows they were out of the playoffs at the time. He must mean Blue Jays who were playing The Rays in Tampa on May 6, 2013 (Jays won). Or he could have been watching playoffs. But he was NOT watching the Leafs.

I'm sure this was already addressed, but I am just catching up.

The Leafs in playoffs has been in this discussion as they were playing Boston on May 6th. They were also playing on the date that the trailer was parked in MB's driveway. So yes, he was watching the Leafs (it is hard to picture them playing in playoffs though!!!!)

With the way testimony has gone in this trial for the last few weeks, I'm almost left to ask, "MS who?"

Can someone post a photo of him to remind me who he is? :thinking:

With the way testimony has gone in this trial for the last few weeks, I'm almost left to ask, "MS who?"

Can someone post a photo of him to remind me who he is? :thinking:

:floorlaugh:

Have no fear, his turn is coming. But his relationship to the main perpetrator is starting to become more and more clear with each new witness. What do we think would have happened if DM had taken JV on the test drive with him instead of MS? Same result, but with a different co accused? Or would JV have reacted differently to the suggestion of stealing a truck and killing the owner? Did DM just know which "employee" was more suited to each task he wanted to carry out?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member