Bosma Murder Trial 03.23.16 - Day 26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at cellphone presentation again, there's nothing showing anyone going to Riverside Dr. If the hose testimony was significant, wouldn't it be matched with cellphone data to show when DM or MS had been there?

Don't know about cell phone data, but a day or 2 ago there was a blood swab taken from that hose if I recall correctly.

It appears to me from today's testimony that DM led Villada along, bit by bit, pulling him deeper into 'business' until he'owned' him to a certain extent. Villada's source of income, his transportation, his home, and many of his family's incomes all relied on him staying on DM's good side and doing DM's bidding.

And far from being partners in a reno business (as Villada apparently believed they were), it sounds as though DM actually ran the business but used the rather naive and overly-trusting Villada to avoid his responsibilities as an employer (such as income tax, CPP, EI, WSIB). Seems like the setup was that DM would pay Villada as an independent contractor, and then Villada would pay the others, which would make Villada appear (to CRA/WSIB) to be the employer and so the responsibilities for paying taxes, CPP, EI, WSIB, etc would have become Villada's responsibility (apparently unbeknownst to him).

Villada's confusion about the back taxes owed, and his belief that DM was taking care of that end of the business, suggests that DM was just stringing him along, exploiting him and misleading him. As for the pie-in-the-sky idea of building homes on the Ayr farm, I think this was just more of DM's manipulation of Villada - holding out promises of a big pay-off in the future. There was no evidence presented when the building official from the township testified about any planning applications for any such development - and that kind of residential development in an agricultural area is highly unlikely to ever receive approval anyway.

All one more example of DM's manipulation and exploitation of those who are less worldly than him, and intrigued by his apparent wealth.

All MOO.

I'm in total disbelief that DM appears to be going to try and pin this crime on JV, who he obviously exploited unmercifully.

I wonder who he's going to say killed LB and WM....

I think they're just pushing back hard to blunt the impact of JV's testimony which left DM looking like an exploitive guy who had increasing trouble making payroll. The former makes him unlikeable and the latter strikes at the heart of the defence case that DM is a wealthy person who wouldn't feel the kind of financial pressure necessary to make stealing a truck necessary or attractive.

Was TB'S truck not moved early in the day from hanger? Then it showed up through the night at his mom's? So That gave DM time to bring truck to Riverside and it hose down, leavin water on to drown the ground where he washed the truck.

AJ,SS and others saw the truck before it left. The cleaning had to occur before the morning of the 8th. Otherwise this becomes very weird with all witnesses who saw the truck in the hanger not seeing blood. Especially SS, since he removed parts and put them in the truck bed.

Yes but who is lying and who is truthful? It's a black truck with all the bloodied interior out. The truck could have had a quick wipe down inside, a halfass exterior wash an a better wash up later (with power washer) we also have SS and Everyone else that was at hanger that DIDN'T even know about a missing truck and owner... Besides AJ. So probably didn't even cross anyone's mind to inspect it that closely. AJ claims he was scared when he seen truck and took pics for CS (I supose he did it discretely) I don't assume he inspected or even touched that truck thinking it was TB'S!

I'm sure they didn't powerwash the interior, so that probably stayed that way (how LE found it) through all the viewings it received.

All JMO of course

ETA: that truck was also wiped clean of prints after the hanger! What was it, 1 thumb print on the mirror an a cpl on the door handle (all DM'S) but yet SS worked on removing decals and sanding..but NO prints from SS??

MOO

It appears that DM had a very frantic lifestyle and I have to wonder if he was ADD or ADHD. He has a pattern of starting things and not finishing and then other things get started and it goes on and on. He's not a good planner. He has LOTS of ideas but gets LOST IN THE DETAILS. He then hires people to do the DETAIL work but because he doesn't pay well and seems to give up and move on nothing ever gets accomplished. I think those the closest to him recognize this and don't work terribly hard to make his ideas a reality because they know he'll move on to something else sooner rather than later. His original Lawyer called him a philosopher type person. Maybe that's a nice way to describe him rather than saying he's a thinker and not a doer or something even worse.

So if I now look at what all transpired the night Tim was murdered I am not surprised by the lack of attention to detail one little bit and the back and forths to the farm, the hangar, Etobicoke and now it seems he was at Riverside too. He was EVERYWHERE and it gave the appearance that this was not a planned outcome. I disagree.

IMO DM most definitely had a plan but the details were not in the plan and because of that we get the highly unorganized next several days of poor decision making and LACK OF ATTENTION TO DETAIL that would be his undoing. This is why so many of us waffle on whether it was planned or not planned. Was it an accident or did they really plan on doing it?

I am absolutely confident today to say that the murder was premeditated and that they had a plan. I think DM thought he had a very good plan but since he NEVER finishes what he starts he was undone before he even got started.

I also think that JV's testimony today has really solidified how I see DM as a VERY controlling person. He has figured out how to control the money, the work, his friends, associates etc. etc. This is a good thing for Mark Smich I think. I am beginning to wonder if the Jury may start to feel sorry for him and see DM as all evil because there hasn't been a whole lot thrown at MS so far.

ALL MOO

You should be a professional analyst . Very good !!

I find it interesting that DM doesn't venture far from the places he knows. Evidence at the farm, the hangar, his house, his vehicles, his mother's house, Riverside Dr.

All the evidence is in his own backyard. Weird.

It's almost like he thinks he is so smart and invincible that no one would finger him for anything and no one is smart enough to catch on to him. Maybe he needs to be where he feels safe?

For the life of me, I will never understand him parking the trailer with TB's truck in it, in his mother's driveway.

You should be a professional analyst . Very good !!

LOL, Thanks. It's a gift not a profession. Maybe in another life. I definitely picked the wrong lifepath. LOL

Hi Everyone.

Just started following along, and making one of my first comment/question.

Has it been determined when the Yukon had the carpet removed? I would have thought the question would have been put to JV, since he had the Yukon just before the 6th.

I think that is a very good question .... the Yukon has part of its carpet removed and narry a mention of it .... bloody footprints from DM & MS would be my guess.

Plus maybe it was the Yukon they were cleaning up with all the water and garden hoses. I recall mention of a spec of blood found on the hose.

Welcome to the forum .... let us know if you spot anything else. It is an excellent question

I find it interesting that DM doesn't venture far from the places he knows. Evidence at the farm, the hangar, his house, his vehicles, his mother's house, Riverside Dr.

It's almost like he thinks he is so smart and invincible that no one would finger him for anything and no one is smart enough to catch on to him. Maybe he needs to be where he feels safe?

For the life of me, I will never understand him parking the trailer with TB's truck in it, in his mother's driveway.

Because at this stage he's planning his "I was framed" bull <modsnip>

ie DM will claim he never switched the Yukon, so it must have been JV and his buddies who kidnapped Bosma? And they had friends who impersonated DM and MS at the Bosma home. And DM and MS somehow arrived at the hangar unobserved at 1 am to find the truck they'd ordered, and they decided it was a good time to burn some of that garbage DM had been stockpiling.

Problem is, I think SB and WD would have been able to identify V given his obvious accent and different nationality. Whoever showed up for the the test drive obviously spoke fluent English. Maybe it wasn't MS with DM in Bosma's driveway that night after all. ;) Pffft somehow I'm doubting that. But it is interesting how there is still lack of evidence regarding MS. MOO.

Anyone else find it interesting that DM would see to it V visited these places? Was there something in these trips DM thought could be financially beneficial to him? Was there really a $9k loan or was it meant for other purposes? Has it been mentioned when V took the trip to Columbia? Was there another reason behind DM making trips to Mexico besides the Baja races? MOO.

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 7h7 hours ago
Millard once loaned him $9k to go to Columbia.

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 7h7 hours ago
Villata made a trip (in red truck) to New Mexico in Feb 2013 to pick up a dune buggy for Millard. Hauled it back in an open trailer.

Over the past few years, both nations have become increasingly tangled in the war on drugs. Colombia has for many years been known as one of the biggest producers of drugs and for having notorious cartels. Mexico was traditionally a transit country for Colombia drugs to pass through en route to the United States (the largest demand market for drug consumption). However, Mexico has also become increasingly involved in drug production itself and many Mexican drug cartels have increasingly partnered with Colombian cartels in transiting drugs to other markets globally. Both the Colombian and Mexican government have increasingly worked together to combat the cartels and have hired advisers from each other nations to practice successful tactics in each other's nations respectively.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombia–Mexico_relations

I'm in total disbelief that DM appears to be going to try and pin this crime on JV, who he obviously exploited unmercifully.

I wonder who he's going to say killed LB and WM....

Sorry, haven't been able to pay much attention today. In what way are they trying to pin it on JV, can anyone sum up for me?

Some additional thoughts .... I can understand him parking at his moms place because (in his mind) she is separated by distance and uses her maiden name so he figures police would never make the connection if they come looking for stolen trucks

But here is what I really wanted to point out .... when police asked DM where he lived he gave them them the Roseville farm address ... weird or what !!!

Sounds like he did not want them coming to Maple Gate ... he knew there was no truck at the farm and could send them there , he had no worries about the incinerator hidden in the woods because it had nothing to do with stolen trucks

I think that is a very good question .... the Yukon has part of its carpet removed and narry a mention of it .... bloody footprints from DM & MS would be my guess.

Plus maybe it was the Yukon they were cleaning up with all the water and garden hoses. I recall mention of a spec of blood found on the hose.

Welcome to the forum .... let us know if you spot anything else. It is an excellent question

Thanks for confirming my question that the removal of the carpet in the Yukon has not been stated.

I do have other questions related to the carpet. When the witness said he saw the Red truck towing the Trailer and made a U-turn. They returned to the hanger and picked something up in a tarp and put it in the trailer. Could this have been CN and DM (evening of the 9th)? Could this have been the Yukon Carpet, and that explains the second burn spot at the farm?

I know how heavy seats are from a truck like TM's, and it would not be easy for two guys to handle in a tarp. Tarp grommets were found at one burn spot.

This may explain the hose being used on the Yukon after the carpet was removed.

Problem is, I think SB and WD would have been able to identify V given his obvious accent and different nationality. Whoever showed up for the the test drive obviously spoke fluent English. Maybe it wasn't MS with DM in Bosma's driveway that night after all. ;) Pffft somehow I'm doubting that. But it is interesting how there is still lack of evidence regarding MS. MOO.

I think there is plenty of evidence to place MS with DM when TB was murdered and none to implicate JV or anyone else, IMO. Remember the cell phone evidence related to MS, but as to what MS's role was, I do wonder. Was he an unwitting pawn in the deadly game DM devised or an active and willing participant? I'm not sure.

Hopefully the Crown will present more evidence to answer those questions as the trial continues. So far, it seems to me everything is pointing to DM as being by far and away more culpable, but I may be wrong. Sometimes I forget some of the compelling evidence we've already heard and it's hard for me to keep track and put it all together, so I may have forgotten about more damning evidence the Crown has against MS, IMO.

All MOO.

Sorry, haven't been able to pay much attention today. In what way are they trying to pin it on JV, can anyone sum up for me?

DM's text to LW May 9th, for starters. MOO.

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes Mar 22
She asks if he's going to be ok. At 4:55pm he says "looks bad, I think someone I work with has set me up. I'm not sure why."

I think there is plenty of evidence to place MS with DM when TB was murdered and none to implicate JV or anyone else, IMO. Remember the cell phone evidence related to MS, but as to what MS's role was, I do wonder. Was he an unwitting pawn in the deadly game DM devised or an active and willing participant? I'm not sure.

Hopefully the Crown will present more evidence to answer those questions as the trial continues. So far, it seems to me everything is pointing to DM as being by far and away more culpable, but I may be wrong. Sometimes I forget some of the compelling evidence we've already heard and it's hard for me to keep track and put it all together, so I may have forgotten about more damning evidence the Crown has against MS, IMO.

All MOO.

Oh absolutely! I have no doubts it was DM who showed up in TB's driveway that night. I was responding to Satchie's post. HTH and MOO.
Quote Originally Posted by Satchie View Post
ie DM will claim he never switched the Yukon, so it must have been JV and his buddies who kidnapped Bosma? And they had friends who impersonated DM and MS at the Bosma home. And DM and MS somehow arrived at the hangar unobserved at 1 am to find the truck they'd ordered, and they decided it was a good time to burn some of that garbage DM had been stockpiling.

DM's text to LW May 9th, for starters. MOO.

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes Mar 22
She asks if he's going to be ok. At 4:55pm he says "looks bad, I think someone I work with has set me up. I'm not sure why."

But why JV? I only caught the first part of his testimony, but so far he just sounds another poor schmuck who got manipulated by DM. Did defense ask any questions that made it sound like they were implying it was him?

Is "are you nervous right now" supposed to be the code for the ones defense is going to accuse?

Could that be where they powerwashed TB's truck ?

Catching up and maybe this has been stated already - possibly the hose was used in cleanup and was left running to remove evidence. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member