Bosma Murder Trial 03.23.16 - Day 26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Judge also tells them trial is on schedule. Wishes them a pleasant long weekend. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 41s42 seconds ago
Tomorrow and Tuesday will be reserved for legal arguments. #Bosma

Villada also lived in a one bedroom unit in the same building earlier on, paying about $900 a month for it.
by Adam Carter 4:11 PM

"Fair to say these were pretty good rates for really nice apartments, fair?" Sachak says. "When I was living there we were still doing reservations, that's why he charged me cheap," Villada says.
by Adam Carter 4:12 PM

Villada wasn't paying insurance or maintenance on the red truck, he says. He was paying $450 a month to lease it.
by Adam Carter 4:13 PM

WHAT IS WITH Sachak being so insistent on knowing the exact amount owing? It's not like that $9,500 (or less, I'm sure, as some was paid back) was going to make or break DM when there was no contract in place for repayment.

It's actually quite laughable IMO based on previous testimony from today, DM dropped V's wages, sounds like the guy worked a lot of overtime, six or seven days a week, long days, DM likely didn't pay him overtime pay, V was paying monthly a pretty penny to lease DM's vehicle, (V could have purchased his own vehicle costing him less in the long run or leased elsewhere).

Now we have Sachak trying to make a big production out of who owe who?! IMO really it's irrelevant to the case. Sachak is just grasping at straws, trying to make DM appear in a better light..."DM's such a generous guy, let's you rent one of his apartments for a sweet deal, let's you use his vehicle, gives you a job and income, gifts for you and your child..." It isn't working Sachak but I guess you have to show your client he's getting a bang for his buck. ;) JMO.

These cash payments help avoid taxes. Nobody questioned the $10,000 gift to hi real estate girlfriend. H could have paid her a fee, but by having his Mom write her a cheque She most likely didn't claim that as income either. I'm betting SS probably received a bunch of Cash payments as well. All these payments probably expensed through the business, yet realistically fraudulent claims. I wonder if CRA I keeping notes

"So the government has never known you've had all this cash you've been distributing to your workers?" Sachak asks, referring to the money he paid his brothers and fellow employees in Villada homes. He says that's correct.
by Adam Carter 4:26 PM

Sachak asking Villada when he did his tax returns. His 2012 taxes were done last year.
by Adam Carter 4:27 PM
IMO, with the petty amount that DM was paying, JV and his workers wouldn't have been paying very much in taxes at all. If JV was making $22 an hour and was paying his helpers $7. less, I seriously doubt it's really "all this cash". If they'd file taxes they'd probably be getting some tax credit cheques in the mail. On the other side, I wonder how DM was recording it? Also interesting from today is that DM sent JV to New Mexico with WM's credit cards for gas. DM really had a knack at implicating those close to him. MOO

You can see he is trying to paint him as dishonest and unreliable because he never reported money.

If he never reported the money then it wouldn't be just painting him dishonest. He's dishonest period.

Another couple of hours?? That's insane!!! What is Sachak getting at? Could they be seriously trying to get suspicion cooking on JV? At this point, that's what I'm thinking. Would Sachak be edging towards the "extortion card"???

I don't know what this testimony has to do with TB's murder.

Villada had apartments at the Riverside property, he says.
by Adam Carter 4:09 PM

Villada says he was paying $1,700 some months, and $1,000 for the first three months.
by Adam Carter 4:10 PM

Seems like DM didn't follow any legal renting contracts at least when it came to V. Rent cannot fluctuate like that. While DM was making people believe he was giving them breaks, he was actually coming out ahead of the game. I would be interesting to see how money exchanged hands amongst some of the others involved with DM. Scheming dirty dog. It's all coming back to bite him in the arse now though. :D MOO.

I looked at cellphone presentation again, there's nothing showing anyone going to Riverside Dr. If the hose testimony was significant, wouldn't it be matched with cellphone data to show when DM or MS had been there?

If he never reported the money then it wouldn't be just painting him dishonest. He's dishonest period.

Oh please, as though no one in Toronto works under the table: http://globalnews.ca/news/1676826/from-wait-staff-to-contractors-canada-cracks-down-on-under-the-table-deals/

the problem is rampant in every sector, particularly in the retail, restaurant, restoration and construction industries.

It's not a good thing, but it doesn't equate with murder.

Leitch now asking about May 10, 2014.
by Adam Carter 3:27 PM

The first text is from Villada to Millard, and says "Should I keep water running." He was talking about a hose that was plugged in on the driveway of one of the homes.
by Adam Carter 3:28 PM

Millard asked him to keep the water running "the whole day."
by Adam Carter 3:29 PM

My first thought was to let water run all day to wash away blood or evidence or something ..... but on the other hand sometimes contractors are known to water down substrates before pouring concrete basements driveways etc .... so there could be a plausible explanation because DM was planning a new driveway.

"The reason for the text was to know if he was going to come back at 6 to pay us," Villada says.
by Adam Carter 3:32 PM
That could explain the 3K in his back pocket. MOO

AHAAA!!!! .... good point .

Sorry, I really know nothing about tax stuff. So JV didn't file his taxes for his workers. Maybe he didn't know he had to file for his workers as this was suppose to be done by DM? Do we even know if the workers filed theirs and claimed their earnings (like a waitress claims their tips..no T4 for tips but they have to claim as an income)? It sounds like JV and DM were suppose to be business partners but DM took over both the reins, making JV just an employee. So that makes DM responsible for getting the T4's to the workers. To me it looks like JV found out differently and filed those taxes in 2015.

Another couple of hours?? That's insane!!! What is Sachak getting at? Could they be seriously trying to get suspicion cooking on JV? At this point, that's what I'm thinking. Would Sachak be edging towards the "extortion card"???

I think Sachak just wants V to sweat by saying he needs a couple of hours. And you could be right, Sachak is going to somehow try and pin some sort of involvement in TB's truck theft and murder on V. Try to raise reasonable doubt. What's troubling at this point IMO is, V did see the computer search and knew DM was looking to buy a diesel. MOO.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3h3 hours ago
Crown now asking him about house painting work he did at Maplegate, roughly 2 weeks before he spoke w police (on May 13, 2013)

Asks him if he saw anything on the computers at Maplegate. V says he saw 'like a black pickup truck similar to this one.

Crown asks why that stuck out in his mind.

He says bc he didn't understand why they were looking for another truck when he already made trip to New Mexico.

Bc he had told him before the trip he was going to buy a diesel truck bc it'd be cheaper.

He took the red truck. He was surprised he wasn't going in a diesel because gas would be very expensive.

Millard gave him his dad's credit cards to pay for the gas on the trip.

They'd talked about it at least 3 times before the trip, he says. V recalls he said it was hard to get ahold of one of those trucks.

I looked at cellphone presentation again, there's nothing showing anyone going to Riverside Dr. If the hose testimony was significant, wouldn't it be matched with cellphone data to show when DM or MS had been there?

What is the actual address of the Riverside property?

Edit: 307 Riverside Dr., Toronto

JV was working under the table. When Millard was busted, he was probably told by LE that it would be a good idea to file tax returns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's pretty clear where Sachak is going with V now. DM's text messages to LW where DM said he thinks he's been set up by someone he works with. Sachak is going to try and pin the truck theft and TB's murder on V. MOO.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes Mar 22
She asks if he's going to be ok. At 4:55pm he says "looks bad, I think someone I work with has set me up. I'm not sure why."

It's actually quite laughable IMO based on previous testimony from today, DM dropped V's wages, sounds like the guy worked a lot of overtime, six or seven days a week, long days, DM likely didn't pay him overtime pay, V was paying monthly a pretty penny to lease DM's vehicle, (V could have purchased his own vehicle costing him less in the long run or leased elsewhere).

Now we have Sachak trying to make a big production out of who owe who?! IMO really it's irrelevant to the case. Sachak is just grasping at straws, trying to make DM appear in a better light..."DM's such a generous guy, let's you rent one of his apartments for a sweet deal, let's you use his vehicle, gives you a job and income, gifts for you and your child..." It isn't working Sachak but I guess you have to show your client he's getting a bang for his buck. ;) JMO.

I am outraged by this questioning. DM seems to have manipulated each of his "employees" (which partly "own" a company in their own name like JV and are receiving only the admonitions for paying their tax depts). This is a case for the tax authorities - but for a criminal case such as a creepy murder of poor TB?? How does the Bosma Army hold out to listen??

This is why Im wondering if this was done when the truck an trailer was moved from the hanger. At that point DM would have had the power washer in his possession. The truck and trailer was moved from the hanger in the morning (the 9th? As per business neighbor camera and testmony) then brought to the mothers that night (neighbors video) so there was a full day that the truck and trailer whereabouts are unknown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo