Bosma Murder Trial 03.23.16 - Day 26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Villada also lived in a one bedroom unit in the same building earlier on, paying about $900 a month for it.
by Adam Carter 4:11 PM

"Fair to say these were pretty good rates for really nice apartments, fair?" Sachak says. "When I was living there we were still doing reservations, that's why he charged me cheap," Villada says.
by Adam Carter 4:12 PM

Villada wasn't paying insurance or maintenance on the red truck, he says. He was paying $450 a month to lease it.
by Adam Carter 4:13 PM

WHAT IS WITH Sachak being so insistent on knowing the exact amount owing? It's not like that $9,500 (or less, I'm sure, as some was paid back) was going to make or break DM when there was no contract in place for repayment.

Just another attempt to rock a witness who really seems to take his oath on the bible seriously. I feel for JV. I'm trusting the Jury sees thru this. Maybe they're trying to make it look like JV and his family were out to get poor DM. MOO

Me too MsSherlock. Poor JV.

I knew the moment the $9,000 loan by DM to JV was mentioned that DM's defense would exploit it for all its worth, just as DM agreed to loan the money in the first place was IMO, a calculated move to exploit JV and make him beholden to him.

IMO, DM buys loyalty from those who cannot afford to repay him in ordinary terms so when DM has something shady going on he relies on help (whether it be active help or simply silence or lies) from his associates, and he expects that they will comply, IMO.

DM is a classic abuser of people, IMO.

All MOO.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Javier had a 2 bedroom apartment at Riverside and paid Millard anywhere from $1,000 to $1,700 per month. Rent went up.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
V had a 2bdrm apt at Riverside. Sachak says he paid $1k-1.2k for that. He says sometimes he paid $1.7k. Lower amount for 1st 3 months #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
He lived in a 1bdrm apt there in 2010 and 2011. Paid about $900 rent for that. He can't remember. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Also had second apartment there and paid $900/month.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Fair to say good rates for very nice apartments, Sachak says. He says they were still doing renos on it which is why it was cheaper. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 59s60 seconds ago
But this part of Toronto was nice, Sachak says. He didn't choose it, he says, it was convenient to do the reno work. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 24s24 seconds ago
He didn't pay maintenance or insurance on the truck he leased from Millard for $450/month.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 24s25 seconds ago
"As a 50y/o man, what was your und of what you owed him at the end of 2012," Sachak says.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16s17 seconds ago
Javier says " it was very confusing because sometimes I gave him money and he said we'd straighten it out, but we never did."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16s17 seconds ago
"That I owed him or he owed me," he says. Sachak says he didn't owe you any money, let's not play games. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 40s41 seconds ago
V says how do you know. He says he has receipts which is confusing. Sachak: "how.much.did.you.owe" #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 17s18 seconds ago
Sachak: "Let's not play games. How much did you owe him?" Crown objects, says it's been asked 4 times. Javier again says he doesn't know.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 39s39 seconds ago
Leitch objects. Judge says answer it. Again V says he doesn't know how much he owed him or vice versa. Sachak moves on. #Bosma
Can anyone comment on DMs reaction as this questioning is happening?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Sounds like DM washed TB's truck at the Riverside property after TB was murdered on the night of May 6th. Then driving the truck to the hangar caused the blood spatters on the undercarriage and other places such as running boards. Leaving the water on and running down the driveway, DM was hoping to wash away blood evidence left behind from washing TB's truck. Perhaps blood was found on the hose itself. MOO.

Paving of driveway was done at Maplegate address not Riverside just to clarify. MOO.

Isn't Riverside in Toronto? Phones pinged from Ancaster to Farm to Hanger on May 6th. I don't think that theory is possible.

Millard also sometimes paid some gas money, court hears.
by Adam Carter 4:15 PM

"If you go to any dealership ... they're not going to pay for gas," Sachak says. "Correct," Villada says.
by Adam Carter 4:16 PM

Sachak still hammering in on the benefits of Millard having given him gas money sometimes.
by Adam Carter 4:17 PM

Sachak's crosses can be long -- but this one is going even longer because each part of it has to be translated.
by Adam Carter 4:17 PM

Stalling, or trying to make JV look like he was using DM?

Sounds like DM washed TB's truck at the Riverside property after TB was murdered on the night of May 6th. Then driving the truck to the hangar caused the blood spatters on the undercarriage and other places such as running boards. Leaving the water on and running down the driveway, DM was hoping to wash away blood evidence left behind from washing TB's truck. Perhaps blood was found on the hose itself. MOO.

Paving of driveway was done at Maplegate address not Riverside just to clarify. MOO.

I think thats a pretty logical conclusion. But didn't SS still have the power washer on the night of the 6th?

Now asking Villada if he signed any papers registering Villada homes with the government. "I didn't, but Dellen said he was going to register," he says.
by Adam Carter 4:19 PM

"He asked me for my social insurance number and my full name so he could register," Villada says.
by Adam Carter 4:19 PM

Villada says he doesn't know whether or not Millard ever registered it.
by Adam Carter 4:20 PM

Go for it Sachak- chew up the time. I'm amazed at how petty and abrasive his crosses are. Dungey will come off as the good guy again- and the Jury will go home thinking about one of those parents who's kid's problems are because of everyone else's kids. MOO

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6m6 minutes ago
Millard would also pay up to $100 for gas for the truck.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
Sachak says he didn't have to pay insurance on the truck. Just the $450/month "lease." Millard paid gas for work trips. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Sachak asking about the home reno company Javier and Millard formed. Millard said he would register it. #Bosma

Sachak says his cross-examination will be another couple of hours. Courtroom audibly reacts -- many seem shocked it will take that long. Won't be finishing today.
by Adam Carter 4:24 PM

Sachak says his cross-examination will be another couple of hours. Courtroom audibly reacts -- many seem shocked it will take that long. Won't be finishing today.
by Adam Carter 4:24 PM

Absolutely ridiculous.

Sachak has to be the worst lawyer going he asks pointless questions I think just to hear himself talk. If I was a witness I'd get frustrated with him quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder about the time frame - the video camera evidence indicates the truck & yukon drove straight from the BobCat location to the farm in Ayr. It seems to have been there about an hour before it went to the hangar. No time to detour all the way to Toronto.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
V did not register the company in his name, Sachak says. No, V says--but DM had asked for his full name and SIN to do so. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
You've never seen a doc that says you're the owner, Sachak says. He agrees. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Millard would pay Javier then Javier would pay is workers...Judge asks how much longer for Sachak's cross? "A couple of hours." Groans...

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 55s56 seconds ago
#Millard lawyer says he needs a couple more hours for this cross exam of Villada. He will be back again tomorrow

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 45s46 seconds ago
Judge asks Sachak how much longer his cross will take--will he be more than 20 mins?
"Oh I'll be a couple hours," Sachak tells him. #Bosma

"So the government has never known you've had all this cash you've been distributing to your workers?" Sachak asks, referring to the money he paid his brothers and fellow employees in Villada homes. He says that's correct.
by Adam Carter 4:26 PM

Sachak asking Villada when he did his tax returns. His 2012 taxes were done last year.
by Adam Carter 4:27 PM

Another couple of hours?? That's insane!!! What is Sachak getting at? Could they be seriously trying to get suspicion cooking on JV? At this point, that's what I'm thinking. Would Sachak be edging towards the "extortion card"???

"So the government has never known you've had all this cash you've been distributing to your workers?" Sachak asks, referring to the money he paid his brothers and fellow employees in Villada homes. He says that's correct.
by Adam Carter 4:26 PM

Sachak asking Villada when he did his tax returns. His 2012 taxes were done last year.
by Adam Carter 4:27 PM

You can see he is trying to paint him as dishonest and unreliable because he never reported money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 14s15 seconds ago
@susanclairmont Spectators groaned. Not Justice Goodman.

Adrian Humphreys ‏@AD_Humphreys 23s23 seconds ago
Witness Javier Villada, an employee of Dellen Millard's, at today's #TimBosma murder trial in #HamOnt. #Bosma

CeQnH5VWAAEzH1C.jpg

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 59s59 seconds ago
Judge says he's not trying to cut him off but given the time we're going to have to revisit this. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 50s50 seconds ago
Villata steps down.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 37s38 seconds ago
Judge tells jury that due to legal arguments they will not be required tomorrow or Tuesday. They will return next Wednesday. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 40s41 seconds ago
Javier done for today. Justice Goodman tells jury there are legal issues to be dealt with & they will not be needed until next Wednesday.

No Bosma until 3/30/2016 10:00 AM

Villada's cross examination will continue next week. Goodman tells the jury they aren't required tomorrow or Tuesday for legal arguments.
by Adam Carter 4:29 PM

Court will still sit tomorrow and Tuesday, the jury just won't be in. Friday and Easter Monday are holidays, and the courts are closed. "I can tell you this trial is moving along as expected, and breaks do occur over the course of a trial," Goodman says.
by Adam Carter 4:30 PM

Though we're sitting tomorrow and Tuesday, I won't be able to report anything that's said. I can only report on testimony in front of the jury.
by Adam Carter 4:31 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member