Bosma Murder Trial 03.23.16 - Day 26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JV- just another guy DM had at his beckoned call strung on by the hopes of building a better life. IMO, it speaks volumes that DM would even name the Co. after JV and then not be able to cough up the paycheques on a regular basis. But it doesn't surprise me that he was able to pay on the 6th- that's the same day that the finance money came in for the condo purchase. Maybe he was able to finance for a bit more and get some of his deposit money back so he could pay his workers. I'm putting JV in the same bucket as SH. Innocent dupes. I don't know when the last time was that my lease co came to borrow my car!! MOO

Frugal Fred struck again SMH. I image DM named the company after JV as a cover of sorts. I would be interested in seeing all that company's paperwork hahaha. DM didn't even have those guys on a legit payroll for cripe sakes. What a way to run a business. :notgood: Did we expect anything better, above board from DM though really?

The evidence just keeps getting more damaging against DM. He was a schemer, crooked, a cheat, had some strange control over people, used people for his own personal and financial gain, ripped off CRA and thought he was above the law in so many aspects. He certainly had left damaging trials all over the place showing the world who the real DM is. It's all good though as we now see, he's right where he belongs and hopefully remains for the rest of his pathetic life. MOO.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4h4 hours ago
Villata was paid hourly--$27 then $22 because he "had to go down a little." His 4 brothers (+in-laws) also worked for the company.

"I thought we were going to have a very solid company," he says. Brothers worked Mon-Sat. They made less than he did. $16-22/hr.

When his wage dropped, so did theirs. Between 5 and 7 dollars.

Villata would text Millard with their hours worked. Millard would then cut a cheque accordingly and Villata would pay the other guys.

Cheques always cleared, he says. But he was sometimes he'd be late a week or 2 with the pay. This happened a lot of times in the end.

Millard's lawyer Nadir Sachak now cross-examining.
by Adam Carter 3:39 PM

Sachak says Millard didn't speak great Spanish in 2008 when they first met, but his language skills improved speaking to Villada.
by Adam Carter 3:40 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5s5 seconds ago
Javier says Millard's Spanish was not good when they first met in 2008. "He told me he wanted to learn Spanish." So he taught him.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 16s17 seconds ago
Villada helped #Millard learn Spanish.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16s17 seconds ago
V would teach him things in Spanish. Would help him practice. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 39s40 seconds ago
Sachak asks if he had been to Millard's farm, and in the barn there. Yes, many times. #Bosma

They removed hay and garbage from there, he says again. Sachak asks if they saw the incinerator there. He says no. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 30s31 seconds ago
Javier had been in barn on the farm many times and had moved the hay. #Bosma Did he see incinerator? No. Just a generator.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 25s26 seconds ago
I saw a generator that was on the back of the barn, he says. Says the incinerator he saw many times at the airport. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15s15 seconds ago
Sachak is showing him a photo of the incinerator. Again he says he saw it at the airport many times but can't remember at farm. #Bosma

Sachak suggests it was in plain view at the airport and V agrees. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10s11 seconds ago
Being shown photo of Eliminator. He says he's seen it at the airport many times.

With regards to the hose....some people believe you run water over a newly paved driveway to help it cure. I know we want to think of the most sinister angle but I have actually seen people with a sprinkler running on a newly paved driveway. Temperature changes supposedly can affect new pavement in the first 24-36 hours so the water keeps the temperature consistent. But for every person that thinks the water helps, there are 99 that say it isn't necessary.

Villada says he had been to the Millard farm many times.
by Adam Carter 3:42 PM

Villada says he only saw the Eliminator at the MillardAir hangar, and not at the farm.
by Adam Carter 3:45 PM

With regards to the hose....some people believe you run water over a newly paved driveway to help it cure. I know we want to think of the most sinister angle but I have actually seen people with a sprinkler running on a newly paved driveway. Temperature changes supposedly can affect new pavement in the first 24-36 hours so the water keeps the temperature consistent. But for every person that thinks the water helps, there are 99 that say it isn't necessary.

Do we know that Riverside had a newly paved driveway?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15s15 seconds ago
Sachak is showing him a photo of the incinerator. Again he says he saw it at the airport many times but can't remember at farm. #Bosma

Sachak suggests it was in plain view at the airport and V agrees. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10s11 seconds ago
Being shown photo of Eliminator. He says he's seen it at the airport many times.
Just remembered how annoying Sachak is. MOO

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 31s31 seconds ago
Villada saw the incinerator at the #Millard Waterloo hangar many times, but not at the Ayr farm, where he also often worked. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 55s55 seconds ago
Millard talked of building homes on the farm.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 54s54 seconds ago
Farm purchased late 2010, Sachak says. Yes. A couple years after V started working for him that there was talking of building homes on farm.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 39s39 seconds ago
You know from construction biz that takes some time, Sachak says. He agrees. #Bosma

Sachak now asking about permits -- if they were going to build homes and an estate on the farm. Villada says he knows you would need permits for that.
by Adam Carter 3:49 PM

There were also ideas thrown around of building a house in Burlington, Villada says.
by Adam Carter 3:50 PM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 44s44 seconds ago
Sachak says it's clear he worked very hard. V says yes, he saw a lot of potential in the venture of building homes. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 11s11 seconds ago
Being a court interpreter is very tough work. The man who is doing it here seems to be doing a great job. Accredited by AG of Ontario.

I'd guess defense will waste some time here to make sure that there is no time for a new witness today so the jury will go into the very long weekend with weak useless information the defense kicks up rather than anything new the crown might add.

Do we know that Riverside had a newly paved driveway?

From testimony just before the break, the new gravel/pavement was to be at Maplegate not Riverside.

They were working on the driveway, and they needed gravel before laying down more asphalt.
by Adam Carter 2:28 PM

Villata was working at the Maplegate property that day.
by Adam Carter 2:27 PM

Millard's lawyer Nadir Sachak now cross-examining.
by Adam Carter 3:39 PM

Sachak says Millard didn't speak great Spanish in 2008 when they first met, but his language skills improved speaking to Villada.
by Adam Carter 3:40 PM

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thestar/obituary.aspx?pid=161695472

DM's dad, WM could read and write five languages but maybe he couldn't speak Spanish and therefore DM had to rely upon JV to teach him instead? :thinking:

JV is a fantastic witness for the Crown, IMO. Truth and transparency from key witnesses helps the jury so much, IMO.

All MOO.

Wondering the same thing.. it's not clear if it was literally running or 'ON' with a spray nozzle on the other end (stopping the flow), at the ready since the power washer was not available.

Was TB'S truck not moved early in the day from hanger? Then it showed up through the night at his mom's? So That gave DM time to bring truck to Riverside and it hose down, leavin water on to drown the ground where he washed the truck.

Projects included apartments at Riverside, a house in Halton region, and construction projects at the hangar in Waterloo.
by Adam Carter 3:52 PM

Sachak now talking about all these projects to illustrate "how hard" Villada worked. "You were very busy from 2011 to 2013," he says.
by Adam Carter 3:54 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member