Bosma Murder Trial 03.23.16 - Day 26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Answering Post #149:See Post #134 of 03-21's testimony, which details the texts between SS and DM discussing the code for the hangar door, as a result of SS locking his keys in the hangar.

Yes, I get that SS texted/spoke with DM but reporter said SS didn't SEE or speak to DM till later that evening. To me this says, SS SEEN and SPOKE to DM that night of May 6th. That is why I asked....Frugal slip by SS or reporter error?

JV- just another guy DM had at his beckoned call strung on by the hopes of building a better life. IMO, it speaks volumes that DM would even name the Co. after JV and then not be able to cough up the paycheques on a regular basis. But it doesn't surprise me that he was able to pay on the 6th- that's the same day that the finance money came in for the condo purchase. Maybe he was able to finance for a bit more and get some of his deposit money back so he could pay his workers. I'm putting JV in the same bucket as SH. Innocent dupes. I don't know when the last time was that my lease co came to borrow my car!! MOO

Did anyone notice that in the phone activity presentation there were four texts between Whidden and DM on May 7, 2013, but these texts were not presented during Whidden's testimony yesterday? There was also a text from Whidden on May 8 that was omitted from the testimony. Perhaps the texts were nothing significant?

Exhibit 37 - Phone activity
Exhibit 108 - Whidden texts

Did anyone notice that in the phone activity presentation there were four texts between Whidden and DM on May 7, 2013, but these texts were not presented during Whidden's testimony yesterday? There was also a text from Whidden on May 8 that was omitted from the testimony. Perhaps the texts were nothing significant?

Exhibit 37 - Phone activity
Exhibit 108 - Whidden texts

Yes I noticed as well...I figured it was sexting but then thought no because she was asked to read her snooze button pee comment! Really not sure what to make of those being blocked.

Court now back in session. Jury being recalled.
by Adam Carter 3:05 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 45s46 seconds ago
May 7 he worked again....Court taking a break at Javier's request. 20 minutes.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 36s37 seconds ago
Villada was replacing the driveway at Millard's home in west end Toronto on May 6 the day #TimBosma disappeared

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 44s44 seconds ago
It was around supper time
JV's request- IMO, I feel sorry for the innocents in this whole mess. TB's family and friends and the people who have been put under a tremendous amount of pressure being Crown Witnesses. They've all been living with this for 3 years. IMO, JV seems to be a honest guy, just like SH was- and they're probably both mortified to be on the stand, 10 feet away from a guy they use to trust. MOO

Yes, I get that SS texted/spoke with DM but reporter said SS didn't SEE or speak to DM till later that evening. To me this says, SS SEEN and SPOKE to DM that night of May 6th. That is why I asked....Frugal slip by SS or reporter error?

Not sure what you mean by frugal slip, but I think I understand what you're saying. Personally though, I have said I spoke with someone when I really mean I texted with them. In this day IMO a lot of people use "spoke" to mean communicated with....

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
And we're back. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 45s45 seconds ago
Ok back to texts on May 7, 2013. V gets the same early morning "no one goes to the hangar today" text from Millard that Shlatman got. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 23s24 seconds ago
We're back. Texts from May 7 now. 7:52 am Millard to Javier telling him about airport politics, nobody to go to hangar today. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 13s14 seconds ago
This is Javier Villada leaving court at lunch. #Bosma

CeQVIyBVAAEe_Bi.jpg

Now seeing a text from early in the morning on May 7: "airport politics, no one goes to the hangar today, not even just to grab something."
by Adam Carter 3:08 PM

Both Shane Schlatman and his father in law Arthur Jennings got that text from Millard too, court has heard.
by Adam Carter 3:09 PM

Villada responded "Np I'm getting gravel later on today can I remove tiles from the den. Let me know pls."
by Adam Carter 3:10 PM

Vallida also called Millard around 5:13 p.m. that day, phone records show.
by Adam Carter 3:11 PM

Villada says he had met Mark Smich. "One time Dellen took him to Riverside, so I gave him a job."
by Adam Carter 3:12 PM

He worked on his crew for about half a day.
by Adam Carter 3:12 PM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 12s13 seconds ago
V responded at 8:18am "np I'm getting gravel layer on today can I remove tiles from den...let me know pls." No reply. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 23s23 seconds ago
May 7, 2013 7:52 am Villada gets same msg as Shane Schlatman: airport politics. No one goes to the hangar today, not even to grab something

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 10s11 seconds ago
V was at Maplegate all day (again working on driveway). V called Millard at 5:13pm. He can't remember what about. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 17s18 seconds ago
Javier was at Maple Gate all day. Does not remember if Millard came there. He called Millard at 5:13 pm but doesn't remember why.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 23s23 seconds ago
Crown asks if he ever met Mark Smich. Yes, one time Smich brought him to Riverside and he gave him a job on his crew. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13s13 seconds ago
Met Smich one time at Riverside and Javier gave him a job. Worked there for half a day.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9s9 seconds ago
How long did he work? "About half a day," he says. Snickers in court. #Bosma

... what is this evidence to the contrary exactly? What evidence supports that he may have been framed?

I'm open to it - I just haven't seen any to this point.

I am rather underwhelmed with the Crown's case. Maybe DM saying he was framed warrants more consideration, is all. But, more to come in the trial so who knows. DM's a schemer<modsnip>, but that doesn't automatically make him a premeditated murderer. <modsnip>

Not sure what you mean by frugal slip, but I think I understand what you're saying. Personally though, I have said I spoke with someone when I really mean I texted with them. In this day IMO a lot of people use "spoke" to mean communicated with....

Well me personally have never said I SEEN someone when I only spoke to them...whether text or voice.

"They looked like good friends," Villada says about Millard and Smich.
by Adam Carter 3:13 PM

Mark Smich and his girlfriend Marlena lived at the Millard's Maple Gate property for about six months in 2012, Villada says.
by Adam Carter 3:15 PM

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 7s8 seconds ago
Saw him at Maplegate with Millard. "They looked like good friends."

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 11s12 seconds ago
He describes lMillard and Smich as good friends. #Bosma

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 46s47 seconds ago
Besides Millard, V says Mark and his gf Marlena lived at Maplegate for maybe 6 months. Summer 2012 until Jan 2013, he thinks. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 43s44 seconds ago
Who lived at Maplegate? Javier says Mark and his girlfriend, for more than 3 months. Summer 2012 to January 2013. Lived in basement.

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 34s35 seconds ago
They lived in the basement. Millard lived upstairs. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 39s40 seconds ago
Millard lived upstairs. Javier gave police statement May 13, 2013 #Bosma

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 15s16 seconds ago
Crown now asking him about house painting work he did at Maplegate, roughly 2 weeks before he spoke w police (on May 13, 2013). #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 19s19 seconds ago
Villada met #Smich thru #Millard, gave him job with his crew one day; #Smich worked about half the day. #TimBosma

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 20s21 seconds ago
Asks him if he saw anything on the computers at Maplegate. V says he saw 'like a black pickup truck similar to this one.' #Bosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 12s12 seconds ago
Two weeks before that he was painting doors of 5 MapleGate. On computers saw a black pickup truck.

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 39s40 seconds ago
Now seeing police photo of computers at Millard's house. Javier says desk belonged to Wayne Millard, computer belonged to Dellen. #Bosma

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 11s12 seconds ago
Crown asks why that stuck out in his mind.

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 23s24 seconds ago
Remembers computer photo of black pickup truck "because I didn't understand why they were looking for another truck."

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 17s18 seconds ago
He says bc he didn't understand why they were looking for another truck when he already made trip to New Mexico. #Bosma

Villada says he saw "a black pickup truck similar to this one" on a computer screen at Millard's home.
by Adam Carter 3:17 PM

""Why did the image of the black pickup truck on the screen stick in your mind?" Leitch asks. "Because I didn't understand why they were looking for another truck when I had already taken the truck to New Mexico ... he had told me he was going to buy another truck, a diesel truck, because that would be cheaper than gas."
by Adam Carter 3:20 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member