Bosma Murder Trial 03.31.16 - Day 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 31 2016 2:57 PM
"He said it was, like I said, for his uncle ... he was a veterinarian and wanted to get rid of the animals cheaper," Schlatman said in his statement.

Mar 31 2016 2:57 PM
"That's why he wanted it portable -- to put it in a truck and just go vet to vet to vet."

My goodness! We feel uncomfortable when the unmarked veterinary cremation services vehicle comes to our veterinary hospital to collect the frozen cadavers. But they are in and out quietly and quickly so as not to disturb our clients with this unhappy part of the business. Did DM seriously think a vet hospital would allow him to arrive on the property with the eliminator???

Well apparently an open trailer is better for transporting vehicles (more fuel efficient) so if DM was keeping everything out in the open, shouldn't he have used the uncovered trailer to park TB's truck in MB's driveway? ;)

Could of saved a lot of money by not buying the Eliminator.

Mar 31 2016 3:18 PM
Smich and his girlfriend did some work on a Cadillac El Dorado at the hangar, Schlatman says.

Mar 31 2016 3:19 PM
Schlatman says he believed someone else was going to drive it -- Millard had more expensive tastes.

Mar 31 2016 3:19 PM
Schlatman says there were a box or two of Nitrile gloves at the airport.

Mar 31 2016 3:20 PM
Nitrile gloves were seized from Millard when he was arrested.

Respectfully, I have a box or two of those in my workshop. No nefarious intentions attached.

Mar 31 2016 3:21 PM
Schlatman says he remembers seeing Millard and Smich wearing them for different projects.

Well apparently an open trailer is better for transporting vehicles (more fuel efficient) so if DM was keeping everything out in the open, shouldn't he have used the uncovered trailer to park TB's truck in MB's driveway? ;)

They weren't finished building the "special compartments" in it though.

MOO

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 33s34 seconds ago
Schlatman says he was told by his boss that the incinerator could do the job cheaply and be mobile, able to visit more than one clinic

There are no clinics that would have a portable incinerator attend their facility and cremate pets on site. Owners do not want to see or smell Spot or Fluffy being disposed of. MOO. What about individual cremation with ashes returned in a nice urn? There is a reason this service is done away from clinics.

And it still doesn't explain away the fact that he never even bothered mentioning it to his uncle.

And of course the jury unfortunately cannot know about the timing re: LB's disappearance.

BBM

Exactly! It's such a shame (though I understand and accept why) the jury cannot have the context of LB's murder when deliberating about TB's murder.

Even without that context IMO, it matters little IF in fact DM actually had an idea later on (post July 2012) to get a return on his investment by creating a mobile pet cremation business, because that would just be the perfect cover for his crimes, IMO, and it would not disprove them.

The fact is that DM never got a mobile pet creation business started in the 10 or so months since the Eliminator was purchased. The jury does know when that horrid machine was purchased and I doubt they will believe this line of defense by DM's lawyers that its purchase was for garbage disposal or a pet cremation business that there is no proof of ever having existed when TB was murdered.

All MOO.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
Tiny part of hangar was devoted to cars.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
Waterloo hangar was 50,000 sq ft. About 2,400 sq ft of that was dedicated to Millard's cars, Schlatman agrees. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
There was still enough room to pull cars over to sides of hangar and bring in an airplane. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
Now onto Mark Smich and his gf Marlena Meneses. They did some work on a Caddy, Schlatman agrees. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Smich and Meneses came to hangar. They worked on a Cadillac El Dorado for Dellen.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
A Cadillac el dorado. There was a bazooka bass, a Toyota speaker system installed in it. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Those aren't the best, Sachak says--if Millard wanted new speakers he'd get the best. Schlatman agrees. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
There were nitrile gloves at the hangar. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
There were nitrile gloves at the hangar, Sachak says. Schlatman says he saw a box or two. Sachak listing off specific spots. SS can't recall

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Schlatman never used them but he saw DM, MS wearing them (for painting etc). Can't recall if he saw Marlena wearing them. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Used while painting. Millard and Smich both wore them at hangar. #Bosma

Schlatman says they had the gloves at the old hangar in TO as well. #Bosma

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 53s54 seconds ago
Smich and Millard both making notes as nitrile gloves discussed at #TimBosma trial

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 29s29 seconds ago
Break now.

Mar 31 2016 3:22 PM
Now taking a 15 minute break.

My goodness! We feel uncomfortable when the unmarked veterinary cremation services vehicle comes to our veterinary hospital to collect the frozen cadavers. But they are in and out quietly and quickly so as not to disturb our clients with this unhappy part of the business. Did DM seriously think a vet hospital would allow him to arrive on the property with the eliminator???

No, but it was one of his only options for explaining why he purchased such a device with no animals on his farm.

Dell's Cremation Services- at your disposal!! Seriously. Sachak reminds me of that parent who has 1000 reasons why their kid couldn't have stolen the stereo they have set up in their bedroom. MOO

Well there's MS's gang ties. He and his girlfriend worked on a Cadillac El Dorado that was not DM's. It had bad speakers and DM has much more taste than that. It must have been for one of his gang members. Is that in one of MWJ's rap videos? :rolleyes:

MOO

I see where the defense is going with this. DM was going to use an open trailer to pull the jeep to Baja which didn't need a 5th wheel hitch to pull it and there for didn't need Tim's truck. They are also trying to say if he wanted something he always bought the best and could afford this truck no issues .

As well he must've been set up because he kept the key on him. If he killed and stole the truck with a mechanic on hand who could swap out the ignition no issue he would've had him do that.

I just find this all really confusing. I've been wanting to see DM come to justice for a long time, but despite that I'm actually pretty good at analyzing things objectively, and I'm very good at parsing people's language and word choices for subtext. Maybe it's the info dropout from twitter, but I very frequently cannot figure out what point the defense lawyers are making, or in what way they are trying to influence the jury. As you point out, so much of what they say seems like it could easily backfire the opposite direction. Sachak in particular seems to have zero finesse.

I would assume that the defense appears to be trying to show that there was no motive on behalf of the accused to commit this crime. They have been trying to show that DM was not in financial disaster and in that did not need to commit this crime. However, I believe its a very weak argument or approach due to the fact that the crown does not need to show motive here in order to prove that the crime was still committed. MOO.

So I wonder where DMs business research and business plan was for his animal cremation business? Isn't that something you would do WELL before investing in the tools of the trade?

I don't think there is any plan at all, its just another half baked attempt at plausible deniability.

IMO

This is also the very last thing I'd want to see when I'm at the vet's office with a sick animal. :(

Thats what I thought too. This is either a lie or the stupidest business plan ever! I suppose the truck was going to have a display of urns available too for those who wanted to keep the cremains. Hope the jury sees right past this....

So DM wanted to go into a mobile pet cremation business. He wasn't very enthusiastic in getting this business off the ground obviously. Another reflection on that "ambition" tattoo? When it's DM's defense team to bring forth evidence, does anyone think we'll see evidence from DM's computer proving he had done any research on pet cremation?! Why am I doubting this? Oh bother. MOO.

Trial newb question: So if it's the Crown's 'turn' right now, does that mean we will potentially go through just as many weeks of it being the defense's 'turn'?

Schlatman never used them but he saw DM, MS wearing them (for painting etc). Can't recall if he saw Marlena wearing them. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Used while painting. Millard and Smich both wore them at hangar. #Bosma

Attaboy Shaner aka AMDNinjaBoy!! If you had hair to flick, this would be the time to flick it over your shoulder and bestow a sweet smile for DM. Loyalty has it's rewards.

my opinion only

They are also trying to say if he wanted something he always bought the best and could afford this truck no issues.

RSBM

If he truly wanted and could afford the best, why was his daily-used vehicle the filthy Yukon? :/

Mar 31 2016 3:41 PM
Court now resuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members