Bosma Murder Trial 04.06.16 - Day 31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I also considered that DM gave it to AM, and told AM to make sure Smich got it back. It was said there was also a pound of pot in the toolbox?
TD's suggestion that DM sent the murder weapon to SM to frame him makes no sense. All SM had to do was toss it and that "plan" is gone. I can't see that scenario being reality. AM dishing the "hot potato" sounds more believable to me, sans "frame"

I think before it wasn't a murder weapon, so he didn't feel the need to hide it so well. Why would he think that DM hide a pound of pot in a toolbox at a friends house and that it was imperative for him to get that pot back or be framed for murder? That doesn't make sense to me.
What we do know is that there were 2 guns. DM got the one MS wanted and MS got a smaller one. DM HAD A GUN, so where in heavens name could DM's gun be? From testimony thus far, it's obvious that MS's gun was in this particular toolbox. I'm guessing that somehow the ****ster MS left his gun behind and the incredibly kind DM thought he better get it back to him asap along with the pound of weed? I also find it rather amusing that after DM strips the truck down that he MISSES a shell casing? DM's gig is soooooo up and I'm very thankful, because the world does not need this type of person roaming the streets killing people we love. If MS is guilty and goes along with him, nothing much anyone can do. Truck theft is risky business. MOO

I concede. You are right that there would likely be more outrage if it were Pillay, and IMO, that's because most WS members - not all - are more convinced by now of DM's guilt while some of us do retain some doubt as to MS's involvement and guilt. At least I do. I'm waiting for more evidence to make up my mind about MS.

All MOO.
I'm waiting for it "all" to come out before I commit, one way or the other. I maintain my objectivity because there really are so many possibilities and SO MUCH we don't know about this story. And we likely never will know it all.

I don't think so, but speculating that DM may have had more connections/influence in that world than MS did. MS was a petty neighbourhood dealer, probably made almost no profit because he'd have to pay the middleman for his small weekly stash. But one thing that might have appealed to him would be to get a bit higher on the ladder and start being a middleman himself, supplying drugs to other dealers. Totally my speculation to the question of why MS went along, when it was DM was going to get the truck, and MS wasn't into Baja racing, apparently.
All due respect, if he's picking up by the pound he could easily double his money. Not as small-time as you are suggesting IMO

I keep seeing posts about DM having a "bigger" gun, someone even claimed it was a Glock. Where is this coming from? Can someone please link some references for me? TIA

I keep seeing posts about DM having a "bigger" gun, someone even claimed it was a Glock. Where is this coming from? Can someone please link some references for me? TIA

Doesn't ring a bell. Can you link to the posts you're referring to?

All due respect, if he's picking up by the pound he could easily double his money. Not as small-time as you are suggesting IMO

I'm assuming the pound of weed was not his usual amount, but what he was expecting as a result of participating in the truck theft.

I'm waiting for it "all" to come out before I commit, one way or the other. I maintain my objectivity because there really are so many possibilities and SO MUCH we don't know about this story. And we likely never will know it all.

Yes, maintaining objectivity is a daily struggle for me and I admit it. I am probably annoying because I seem to sway in the wind with my thoughts about MS's guilt, but I have no reasonable doubt about DM's.

All MOO.

To be fair, a lot of us had (until now) admired TD's straightforwardness and ability to actually ask some coherent questions.

DM's defense's approach has been to 1) point out that DM didn't hide any of the murder evidence (oh, okay then, he must be innocent), 2) point out that DM is rich, 3) ask DM's friends if they're nervous over and over. If they actually did stuff that seemed to have a point, or was less inherently contradictory (often making their own client look worse, for example), we'd likely make fun of them less.

Also, welcome to WS.

Thank you :). And I agree that DM's defense is repetitive and aggressive. IMO that's DM's doing. Remember after being with his lawyers for a bit he choose to defend himself in the LB trial. I can only imagine what DM's attorneys are thinking. This piss-ant thinks he's as good or better then us at defending him. If I'm not mistaken MS has TD defending him in the LB trial also. I just don't think DM's attorneys have ever really had much to work with which is why their defense just seems like nonsense. MOO of course

Can someone explain to me where in the testimony it was stated that MS had a .380? BD testified there were 2 guns and DM got the one MS wanted that took zombie bullets, but nowhere do I recall anything about MS telling BD he had a .380.....can someone please link this testimony? It's being assumed by some that it was the "MS" gun that shot TB even though we have a pic of DM holding the blue steel gun (as ID'ed by his fingerprints)......for all we know there could be more than 2 guns.....MOO

Eta - besides the rap lyrics please....

BD did not testify that there were 2 guns IMO. I believe that testimony has been taken out of context. BD testified that they were looking at a youtube video about zombie bullets. The kind of bullets that would go with the gun that MS wanted to get but that DM had gotten the gun HE wanted instead. Which would make sense that DM would be drawn to the one that had the "celebrity" attachments.

MOO

ETA: blog posts...

Daly says Smich told him a gun was in the toolbox.
by Adam Carter 1:01 PM yesterday

Daly says it came up when Smich was showing him a YouTube video.
by Adam Carter 1:03 PM yesterday

Moodie asks what was in that video. "Some ammunition, some zombie bullet thing, he said they went with the gun he wanted, but he didn't end up with that one, and that Dell had gotten the one he wanted," Daly says.
by Adam Carter 1:04 PM yesterday

Thank you :). And I agree that DM's defense is repetitive and aggressive. IMO that's DM's doing. Remember after being with his lawyers for a bit he choose to defend himself in the LB trial. I can only imagine what DM's attorneys are thinking. This piss-ant thinks he's as good or better then us at defending him. If I'm not mistaken MS has TD defending him in the LB trial also. I just don't think DM's attorneys have ever really had much to work with which is why their defense just seems like nonsense. MOO of course
That's because they've only been cross-examining so far. Bits and pieces. They'll get their turn to present their case when the Crown rests. It's pieces of a puzzle for them, as much as it is for the Crown. IMO

Court now back in session. For a recap so far:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...suggests-defence-in-tim-bosma-trial-1.3523124
by Adam Carter 2:02 PM

Smich's lawyer Thomas Dungey is now continuing with his cross-examination.
by Adam Carter 2:03 PM

Dungey now asking about May 31, 2013, and the statement Daly made to police then. "You've got to forgive me, everything really hazy," Daly says in his statement.
by Adam Carter 2:05 PM

Now talking about the toolbox. In the statement, the officer asks what was in there. Daly says "A gun."
by Adam Carter 2:06 PM

BD did not testify that there were 2 guns IMO. I believe that testimony has been taken out of context. BD testified that they were looking at a youtube video about zombie bullets. The kind of bullets that would go with the gun that MS wanted to get but that DM had gotten the gun HE wanted instead.

MOO

ETA: blog posts...

Daly says Smich told him a gun was in the toolbox.
by Adam Carter 1:01 PM yesterday

Daly says it came up when Smich was showing him a YouTube video.
by Adam Carter 1:03 PM yesterday

Moodie asks what was in that video. "Some ammunition, some zombie bullet thing, he said they went with the gun he wanted, but he didn't end up with that one, and that Dell had gotten the one he wanted," Daly says.
by Adam Carter 1:04 PM yesterday

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 51s51 seconds ago
He says Smich said they were for a gun he wanted, but he ended up with a different one and Dell got that one that he'd wanted. #Bosma

Goodman cautions the jury that they shouldn't be considering that another firearm was mentioned in terms of reaching a verdict in this case.
by Adam Carter 1:07 PM

BD did not testify that there were 2 guns IMO. I believe that testimony has been taken out of context. BD testified that they were looking at a youtube video about zombie bullets. The kind of bullets that would go with the gun that MS wanted to get but that DM had gotten the gun HE wanted instead.

MOO

What confuses me is that the only gun we have heard about in this case, a Walther PPK, should actually work with the .380 ACP zombie bullets, since the Walther PPK is a .380 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol).

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Jury back. Brendan Daly still in the witness box being questioned by Smich lawyer Thomas Dungey. #TimBosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 4m4 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
And we're back in court. Smich's lawyer Thomas Dungey continues cross of Brendan Daly, Smich's best friend #BosmaTrial

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
We are back now. Dungey still up for cross-examination of Daly. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
We're back. Dungey establishing Daly's memory was hazy about what Smich said about gun. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Dungey suggests Daly "doesn't have a clear recollection of what Mark had said about the gun." Daly agrees his memory is hazy. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Daly told police toolbox had a gun inside. Smich told him it wasn't the one he wanted and Millard had the one he wanted. #TimBosma

Dungey now zeroing in on the part in the statement where Daly says Smich says he got this gun and the "zombie bullets" were for that one, and Millard got the one he wanted. Dungey says Daly can't say that wording is correct with certainty because he was "hazy" at the time. Daly says that's correct.
by Adam Carter 2:09 PM

Dungey now asking about a meeting Daly had with Smich's lawyers right before he testified in the courthouse.
by Adam Carter 2:09 PM

In that statement, Daly said he didn't know what kind of gun Smich had. "So you never found out what gun Mark Smich had, correct?" Dungey says. Daly says correct.
by Adam Carter 2:10 PM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Dungey now referencing a meeting he had with Daly the other day here to clarify something. HPS Det. Matt Kavanagh was there. Daly remembers.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Dungey met with Daly recently to clarify some statements. Staff Sgt. Matt Kavanagh there as well.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 55s56 seconds ago
Daly also told police Smich never told him what gun he had. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 39s40 seconds ago
Re: the YouTube video Mark had shown him of "zombie bullets."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 32s33 seconds ago
Daly says Smich never told him exactly which gun he had. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Mark mentioned to Daly that he wanted a gun that went with those, but got a diff one. DM got the one he wanted.

Why would someone dealing in pot have a gun? Pills, sure, lots of money, crazy addicted customers, gonna go to jail for a good while anyway if you're caught. But people with pot convictions get off really easy, and it doesn't make sense for MS to raise the stakes for himself so high and have a real gun just over pot.

Nor does it make sense for him to bring a gun on a test drive, but that's also what he did. He told Daly he got the .38, not the gun that he wanted more, but he didn't tell him that DM bought it for him, which was the point I was making in my reply to the post that stated that if MS had a gun that it had to be highly likely that DM bought it for him.

So why is it highly likely that DM bought the gun for MS? MS had drug money, and I am putting forth the notion that he bought his own gun with his own drug money, and until we have MSM links showing that it was purchased for him by DM, I think it is a safe assumption to make, since most people buy their own things most of the time.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 57s57 seconds ago
Daly back on stand. Told police he didn't know what gun Smich had. Or what gun was in tool box. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 43s43 seconds ago
You don't know what gun Smich had, Dungey suggests. Daly agrees. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 56s57 seconds ago
Daly testified smich told him DM got a gun he wanted and smich got something else when watching a video on ammunition. @AM900CHML

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 35s35 seconds ago
The gun Smich wanted used "zombie bullets" a brand of hollow point shells that expand after impact. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 34s34 seconds ago
"The gun in the video has nothing to do with the gun in the toolbox," Dungey says. "Correct," Daly says. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 27s27 seconds ago
"He did not tell me what his gun was," says Daly. Daly says gun in video is not gun in toolbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member