Bosma Murder Trial 04.06.16 - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really bothers me that many of these 'friends' would hold information back when they knew about the horrific crime that was committed, to protect DM.

DM did not seem to care about the emotions of the folks around him, but he was a good at evaluating their character. He knew which ones would do what. It just happened to be MS that was willing to be his comrade in the actual heist. When DM said that there was little risk for the lookouts, I would assume MS pay was much higher.

As for others being involved as lookouts for the TB murder, I doubt it. They were simply stealing things that were mobile and in a fixed location. I highly doubt he had the crew along for test drives. This one was much different than the others, his test drive with IT was in the middle of the day.

After years of stealing in the dark of night, DM moved to execute a very dark human behavour in daylight. Or at least not between the 3-5 he and the gang normally did these capers.

I would have to say I don`t see these friends holding back information to protect DM, I see it as protecting themselves and the sheer depths of what they were all really up to illegally. I think so far we have only seen a tip of the iceberg and only because LE were lucky enough to get cellphone records. How much other trouble and thefts did these guys scheme up when "hanging out" in DM playroom or at the hangar talking amongst themselves, where they didn't leave electronic footprints for LE to find? Made me think of the shopping cart in the back of the truck. To think anyone would try and come up with a legit reason "why" DM would be in possession of a shopping cart and defend him against accusation of theft...think no more as it seems the shopping cart was just peanuts compared to other things DM stole. Wednesday's testimony revealed DM's true character, he is "sick," a kleptomaniac and pure evil and could do as he pleased believing he had great control over others.

I have no doubt now that DM was the mastermind behind the theft of MM's HD and trailer, which by the way was carried out in daylight. I wonder who the goon was that went along with him on that heist? MM said he was able to get surveillance, so perhaps forensics was able to distinguish who is in the video (knowing what they know now about these goons), or at least identify the vehicle towing MM's trailer, which would lead to the owner of the towing vehicle. I still think it was pretty convenient SS decided that him and his wife should get new cell phones the day after TB was murdered. ;) I've said it numerous times now, I believe we'll be seeing many familiar names on court dockets related to this case and their names in print in the MSM when all is said and done.

Also while I'm reflecting back, LB was picked up for shoplifting lipstick from a Winners store about six months before her demise. An influence DM had on her? Was she stealing things for him or helping him on his "missions?" DM was rewarding her with drugs and money as pay offs? Was LB getting the brush off from DM because he didn't "need" her anymore, he now had CN to take LB's place. LB knew about his evil, secret underworld and threatened him she would go to LE? In LB's bad state of mind near the end of her life, she desperately needed and depended on DM for money and her next fix. Again in her state of mind, she had everything to lose if she lost DM. The shoebox with money LB dropped off at her parent's home suggests to me now that DM had paid her off for something and it wasn't likely just all for sex. He had to shut her up before his world came crashing down around him. RIP Laura. :( Justice is coming. ALL MOO.

Tim Bosma may have turned his cell phone off because he was told to. He may have been told to because his wife was texting and calling him and they were afraid Tim would pick up and tip her off that something was wrong. Tim Bosma still would have had a chance to throw the cell phone out the window even if it was shut off. Not that it makes a difference I guess.

Just thought of something. I've always wondered why DM or MS would discard TB's phone on the front lawn of a business where it was likely to be found by employees, passerby, or lawn maintenance. Driving country roads, if they tossed it out the window randomly, there is about a 99% chance it would have wound up in a ditch covered by tall grasses, weeds, shrubs, trees, and likely to never have been found (at least any time soon). However, or all the places it's discarded, it's on a manicured lawn.

I wonder if TB was told to shut the phone off and toss it out the window, and he intentionally saw the opportunity to toss it somewhere where it would likely be found in the hope it would leave a partial trail of breadcrumbs.

Maybe they did intend to let TB out and just take the truck. If that was their intention, they would not want to drop him with his phone since he'd be able to phone police right away. Toward that end, they would have had him discard the phone first, then drop him at the side of the road somewhere later where it would take him a long time to get help.

Perhaps having TB toss the phone was the first part of the plan, and then intended to drop him off up the road (near the Bobcat dealer). Then perhaps TB resisted at this point and that's where the they shot him.

I can't remember the exact timeline that night, so hopefully someone might help me here. Was the phone tossed before the Bobcat dealer?

Just some very early morning ruminations of an insomniac!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by deugirtni

So.. knowing this evidence was coming down the pipes.. DM's defence looks like a bit of a dufus now. 'He likes having the best', 'he has lots of money and no reason to steal', 'he didn't do anything wrong, as can be seen by him leaving things in the wide open'; whatever he says NOW isn't going to be met with a lot of belief, is it?

They would have had this stuff in disclosure. Can't make sense of them emphasizing that now when there is all this evidence of him simply taking what he wants and barely needs. Maybe their defense options really are that thin.

I wonder if the reason why DM's defence was spending hours crossing witnesses to belabor the notion that DM had lots of money and no reason to steal... even when the disclosure, which they would have duly received in advance, showed evidence that DM was involved in various other historical thefts.. is because they were hoping until the very end prior to these witnesses testifying, that these testimonies in regard to previous thefts would have been disallowed through all of the legal wrangling that has taken place over the course of this trial (and also before the trial, during pretrial motions)?

Just thought of something. I've always wondered why DM or MS would discard TB's phone on the front lawn of a business where it was likely to be found by employees, passerby, or lawn maintenance. Driving country roads, if they tossed it out the window randomly, there is about a 99% chance it would have wound up in a ditch covered by tall grasses, weeds, shrubs, trees, and likely to never have been found (at least any time soon). However, or all the places it's discarded, it's on a manicured lawn.

I wonder if TB was told to shut the phone off and toss it out the window, and he intentionally saw the opportunity to toss it somewhere where it would likely be found in the hope it would leave a partial trail of breadcrumbs.

Maybe they did intend to let TB out and just take the truck. If that was their intention, they would not want to drop him with his phone since he'd be able to phone police right away. Toward that end, they would have had him discard the phone first, then drop him at the side of the road somewhere later where it would take him a long time to get help.

Perhaps having TB toss the phone was the first part of the plan, and then intended to drop him off up the road (near the Bobcat dealer). Then perhaps TB resisted at this point and that's where the they shot him.

I can't remember the exact timeline that night, so hopefully someone might help me here. Was the phone tossed before the Bobcat dealer?

Just some very early morning ruminations of an insomniac!

The pitching of the TB cellphone.. I wondered if that could possibly be what MS is referring to when he tells his friend he f'd up. The cellphone was found I believe, prior to when DM was arrested.. if DM was lambasting MS for throwing it out, blaming him for being the cause of police being onto DM.. if DM didn't realize that the records of who contacted Tim, and the records of that person and who they contacted, were available via provider companies? Would DM have been that unknowledgeable?

ETA: I have to add this part because I have always wondered if this may have been a part of the initial plan. Imagine for a moment, IF Igor had not noticed the small tattoo on the wrist.. and IF Igor (with his very impressive photographic memory) had NOT recognized MS's mugshot from a police photo lineup, and IF police had treated this case like a 'normal' missing persons case, where they would perhaps refuse to even investigate until a full 24 hours had passed for this missing adult male.. the truck had gone ahead and been painted long before AJ had a chance to even know that a truck was missing.. all of the trusted friends kept their mouths shut.. there would have been no trace of the truck, it would have a different VIN, it would be a different color.. TB's truck would never be seen again.. TB himself would never be seen again.. but TB's cellphone would be found.. TB gone without a trace, but he threw away his cellphone.

People would have no alternative but to at least wonder if TB had not left his life on his own accord to pursue a new one, imo. If things had gone according to 'plan', it could have been another mystery MP case, forever. So many little factors came into play to make this plan fail... they chose the wrong guy to begin with, a very clean guy, religious ties, .. so much so that police were ON this right away.. then Igor's photographic memory.. perhaps due to his Israeli Army background, being able to recall MS, and a tattoo.. the spinoff of the police taking the case seriously SO fast, and the family's SM initiatives, made TB a highlight in the news allowing AJ to become aware of the case before anything was done with the truck.. and the domino effect to make this whole thing fall apart after those little deviations from the plan.

I have always wondered if this was some kind of 'social experiment' of DM's, because if you remove just a couple of very small factors, I do believe he could have gotten away with this. Now that we hear that he was previously engaged in these 'missions', I wonder even more if the missions just kept getting bigger and bolder.

I'm thinking back to the picture of the gun with the two little notches seemingly scratched on the side. Is it possible that the notches were put there deliberately, or is that just an old-fashioned, storybook notion that has no validity in the real world of crime and murder?

I'm thinking back to the picture of the gun with the two little notches seemingly scratched on the side. Is it possible that the notches were put there deliberately, or is that just an old-fashioned, storybook notion that has no validity in the real world of crime and murder?

Tht would make sense to me (not that I would know), but it would have been my guess that the gun(s) would have came into DM's and MS's possession already 'dirty'. I guess it could be a count, starting fresh with new owner(s) though?

ETA: I have to add this part because I have always wondered if this may have been a part of the initial plan. Imagine for a moment, IF Igor had not noticed the small tattoo on the wrist.. and IF Igor (with his very impressive photographic memory) had NOT recognized MS's mugshot from a police photo lineup, and IF police had treated this case like a 'normal' missing persons case, where they would perhaps refuse to even investigate until a full 24 hours had passed for this missing adult male.. the truck had gone ahead and been painted long before AJ had a chance to even know that a truck was missing.. all of the trusted friends kept their mouths shut.. there would have been no trace of the truck, it would have a different VIN, it would be a different color.. TB's truck would never be seen again.. TB himself would never be seen again.. but TB's cellphone would be found.. TB gone without a trace, but he threw away his cellphone.

Geez, you have me wondering if maybe DM and associates should be investigated for Malaysian Air 370! Do Boeing 777s have VIN numbers, and how easy is it to remove their windshields?

Geez, you have me wondering if maybe DM and associates should be investigated for Malaysian Air 370! Do Boeing 777s have VIN numbers, and how easy is it to remove their windshields?

Let's have an answer from WS fellow Arnie! :D

Tim Bosma may have turned his cell phone off because he was told to. He may have been told to because his wife was texting and calling him and they were afraid Tim would pick up and tip her off that something was wrong. Tim Bosma still would have had a chance to throw the cell phone out the window even if it was shut off. Not that it makes a difference I guess.

She was not calling until later. The phone was located at the Bobcat dealer.

Who knows, perhaps the 'missions' would have continued getting bigger and bolder with each success.. to eventually move on to... who knows?

From the opening statement.

"These letters varied in terms of content, but one theme of many letters was Mr. Millard wanting a key Crown witness to change his evidence. His girlfriend was asked to reach out to this person to get him to change his evidence."

So there is more than one theme, and several letters of for this one theme.

"
a person Mr. Millard considered a friend and someone who he believed could be convinced to change the his statement to police. This was to assist Mr. Millard as he considered what this person knew about the plan to steal the truck as damning and incriminating information. "

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Sounds like this trial is not finished with surprises, and since AM has not taken the stand, I believe he is the friend referred to in the letters. Now that AM has been identified not only as a roommate and alternate driver for the Baja, but also as a willing participant in the DM planned heists, it will be interesting week coming up.

[/FONT]These letters will force AM to respond to DM's written concerns.

I believe it will be CN and AM that proves both DM and MS are guilty of 1st.

MOO

But if the production order was received on May 7th, wouldn't that have been for the unknown numbers on Tim's phone? The OP didn't say the Daly phone called the Bate phone, only that it called TB's phone. So why is the Daly phone called TB's phone?

Sorry if this has already been answered.

This is what the OP said:

I assume those numbers were calls made to Bosma's cell, that couldn't be identified as people known by family/friends. It's possible it's just a coincidence that someone else by that name had called TB that day.

There was no basis for this assumption.

The was no production order on Daly's phone made on May 7.

From the opening statement.

"These letters varied in terms of content, but one theme of many letters was Mr. Millard wanting a key Crown witness to change his evidence. His girlfriend was asked to reach out to this person to get him to change his evidence."

So there is more than one theme, and several letters of for this one theme.

"
a person Mr. Millard considered a friend and someone who he believed could be convinced to change the his statement to police. This was to assist Mr. Millard as he considered what this person knew ...

MOO

The recipient of the letters was, therefore, someone who was a close friend and who had already* gone to the police. Who would fit that description? It seems to me that most of the friends waited until the police came to find them. MOO

The recipient of the letters was, therefore, someone who was a close friend and who had already* gone to the police. Who would fit that description? It seems to me that most of the friends waited until the police came to find them. MOO

It would seem that way until you consider timelines. Initially DM sent letters in the mail until he realized they were being intercepted. After that he started sending through his lawyer.

By the time he started sending mail through his lawyer, AM most likely provided a statement to LE under the same circumstances as the others. Where does it say this 'friend' went to LE under his/her own steam?

Hold up. DM has his license suspended and that is why he needed a driver? Why in the world would be abiding by those laws when he clearly thought he was above the law, running missions and stealing big ticket items? Maybe he just wanted to be driven around.

Hold up. DM has his license suspended and that is why he needed a driver? Why in the world would be abiding by those laws when he clearly thought he was above the law, running missions and stealing big ticket items? Maybe he just wanted to be driven around.

Without knowing why, and for how long, it's difficult to understand his actions. The other thing to consider is he may have lost his privilege to drive/captain other vehicles. Often happens when drivers license is suspended. He may have not wanted to chance extending that lost privilege if it was a short suspension.

MOO

It would seem that way until you consider timelines. Initially DM sent letters in the mail until he realized they were being intercepted. After that he started sending through his lawyer.

By the time he started sending mail through his lawyer, AM most likely provided a statement to LE under the same circumstances as the others. Where does it say this 'friend' went to LE under his/her own steam?
Please pardon my ignorance but how do letters go from DM to lawyer to someone on the DNC list? Presuming the person getting these letters were on the list...I don't have the DNC info. :/

Who knows, perhaps the 'missions' would have continued getting bigger and bolder with each success.. to eventually move on to... who knows?

They have the hanger...DM would just have to convince SS he flew the 777 there while sitting on a bucket.

Please pardon my ignorance but how do letters go from DM to lawyer to someone on the DNC list? Presuming the person getting these letters were on the list...I don't have the DNC info. :/

Good question. I don't have the answer other than it was printed he sent out letters through his lawyer. I am not familiar with the restrictions, and if he could also use a trusted friend or relative.

Maybe someone familiar with the process can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez