Bosma Murder Trial 04.06.16 - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well Smich's mother raised a pretty intelligent, beautiful and well accomplished daughter who is in the media profession. I think MS just did his own thing..obviously some anger issues.

Perhaps she was the one that got all the attention and they let Mark run wild? I'm just saying that there could have been things done differently in his upbringing which would have installed morals into a child and to teach them right from wrong. If a parent notices something isn't right about their child, for goodness sake get them help - don't just turn a blind eye. I'm not saying this is what happened, its solely my opinion. When children grow up to break the law, they do not have any respect for themselves or their parents. I always ask myself "what went wrong in their upbringing?"

Having a hard time understanding that MS would want to sell the 'smoking gun'. Seems very bold. Ensuring it can't be located would be the priority of someone worried about its existence, and the trouble he would get into if found.

So, anyone besides me a little unnerved about the sister screaming "whatever you've got in the house, get rid of it" ?? It's pretty obvious she assumed he had *something* incriminating in the house, and instead of telling him to go to the police, she tells him to "get rid of it"??

Yes, very strange! And not enough: when he got rid of the "stuff" he was allowed to return back to mum and sister:

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 25 Min.Vor 25 Minuten
Daly told police #Smich one day moved back to mom's house, & he went over. "That's when he told me it's ok to be there because... 1/2

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 25 Min.Vor 25 Minuten
"...it's not in the washing machine anymore so it was ok to hang at his house." #TimBosma

So, anyone besides me a little unnerved about the sister screaming "whatever you've got in the house, get rid of it" ?? It's pretty obvious she assumed he had *something* incriminating in the house, and instead of telling him to go to the police, she tells him to "get rid of it"??

I interpret that as an immediate instinctual desire to protect her Mom. It's likely the sister knew more about what sort of crap MS might be engaged in, than the mother. I imagine relations between Mother, and MS would have already been estranged, and that MS might have immediately shut-down, if it was Mom doing the confronting instead of the sister.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
When Mike (Bleach) arrives, Daly tells him about the gun. He was interested. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Pillay asks if they discussed the gun. Daly says no, because he didn't have neatly enough money so conversation never happened. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
'He didn't have nearly enough money, so the conversation never happened' Daly says of the gun deal with Bleach

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Bleach was interested in buying the gun, but "didn't have nearly enough money, according to Daly.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Daly had been told to do stuff for #Smich before, like sell marijuana. #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Tells Mike that Smich needed to sell gun. Mike was interested. "He didn't have nearly enough money so conversation never happened."

Obviously some sort of conversation happened about it for Bleach to know that there was a gun for sale and be interested, and for Daly to know how much money Bleach bought and then to know that that amount was only 1/10th of what MS wanted for it. No way they could know any of that without a conversation, unless it was all mimed out like charades.

Pillay now looking at Daly's police statement from May 31. From the statement: "He was staying there [as girlfriend's sister's place] and then finally one day when I called him he was back at home. I went to chill with him that day when he was back at home at his mom's house, and that's when he told me that the toolbox had been in a washing machine in his garage but that he had gotten rid of it."
by Adam Carter 10:58 AM

so I guess this all went down before they started surveilling him? When did they know about Smich? Why did they not start tailing him before he hid the gun?

Having a hard time understanding that MS would want to sell the 'smoking gun'. Seems very bold. Ensuring it can't be located would be the priority of someone worried about its existence, and the trouble he would get into if found.

I don't own a gun nor have I been accused of murder BUT if I had the literal smoking gun, I think I would just toss it....Garbage can, dumpster, river... I wouldn't go through the trouble of selling it.... I'd want as much distance from it as soon as possible. Wouldn't you?

Trying to read between the missing lines for context, I think MS's sister's primary concern was for her mother, who was apparently sick at the time.

MS's family likely knew that MS had issues (no job, idle, hanging out with younger people, drugs, previous trouble, i.e. selling pot, graffiti, DUI, and perhaps ongoing mental health issues?), and these issues likely caused the family dynamics to be volatile and they likely had to help or bail out MS in the past, IMO. I think the sister was trying to protect her mom above all else and was angry and fed up with MS and how MS's issues were impacting her mom and their family. Most people, IMO, think first about themselves and their own family. That's not always the right response, but IMO, it is very human.

I don't know if the sister knew about a gun or what it was used for, but if she did, she should have found a way to get MS a lawyer who would have then advised him what to do. Perhaps at that point the sister and mom were unwilling to help MS one more time.

All MOO.

What are the odds Arthur peeked into the toolbox when it was in his possession? I also wonder if Arthur can verify it was a 'real' gun.

Doesn't look like it had a lock.
attachment.php

Attachments

• toolbox.jpg
    toolbox.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 243
I don't own a gun nor have I been accused of murder BUT if I had the literal smoking gun, I think I would just toss it....Garbage can, dumpster, river... I wouldn't go through the trouble of selling it.... I'd want as much distance from it as soon as possible. Wouldn't you?

I believe he'd said he needed to sell it to get money for a lawyer?

It's not always the mother's fault when the child grows up to become a degenerate. Some are just wired that way and no amount of decent influence changes that.

In MS case, he has one sibling who is very accomplished and is nothing like her brother. It sounds like some wonky stuff went down in the Millard home if he had to stay with his uncle during his parents divorce. His issues sound like they have run deep since he was a child.

"That's not the first time Mark got you involved in getting rid of things for him, right? He made you sell weed for him in the past," Pillay says, and Daly agrees.
by Adam Carter 10:52 AM

MOO BD willingly spent time with MS. Based on the surveillance photos he could have gotten away from him, stopped dropping by his various residences and quit buying weed from him. He may have turned his life around now but he doesn't appear to be a victim of MS. He liked that lifestyle. He didn't have the decency to pull his pants up when leaving the courtroom. You could see his underpants. I bet TD is going to point all of this out. This doesn't make MS less guilty in my eyes but does make BD seem less reliable

Regarding the incident with sister screaming at him, I don't know that it implies she knew about the gun. I would assume that the family had long since been aware of MS and his involvement with drugs. If the media is coming around the house because they might know about his friendship with DM and they are looking for any scoop, I would see her telling MS to get everything out of the house since he was not living there. Family members don't want to be implicated with drugs being found in the house. Particularly with a high profile family wedding about a week away. JMO

Digging around google looking for 3 yr old references to the farm and the wolf - in Russian (because I remembered that as well) I found this tweet which had been re-tweeted by someone talking about it. [video=twitter;334482408646787073]https://twitter.com/trevorjdunn/status/334482408646787073[/video]

this from a CBC reporter at the time. I'm not sure how, but I never really noticed the wording of that tweet (or maybe I did back then and completely forgot about it?). He posted it May 14th and says it was "allegedly taken last friday" which would have been May 10th. I know we've all seen tons of pics of the eliminator but I don't recall seeing one with a spare tire at the front of the trailer. My memory may be foggy but I believe this is the one (the pic) that we all first saw that was allegedly taken by "a neighbor" at the farm.

EDITED: I meant to say at this angle where you can see the full image. Although I am mistaken because I just ran a google image search and it's the same photo, there are just lots of others out there where it's cropped.

MOO BD willingly spent time with MS. Based on the surveillance photos he could have gotten away from him, stopped dropping by his various residences and quit buying weed from him. He may have turned his life around now but he doesn't appear to be a victim of MS. He liked that lifestyle. He didn't have the decency to pull his pants up when leaving the courtroom. You could see his underpants. I bet TD is going to point all of this out. This doesn't make MS less guilty in my eyes but does make BD seem less reliable

I agree with every word!

All MOO.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 10s11 seconds ago Brampton, Ontario
We're back in session. Smich's lawyer is up now and will cross Brendan Daly, Smich's best friend #BosmaTrial

CfXtFiAW4AAutHd.jpg

Court now back in session. Just waiting on the jury.
by Adam Carter 11:43 AM

Jury now in the courtroom. Smich's lawyer Thomas Dungey about to cross-examine.
by Adam Carter 11:47 AM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 50s50 seconds ago
#Bosma jury coming back after morning break. #Smich lwyr up next to cross examine client's fmr pal Brendan Daly.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 51s51 seconds ago
Moms can testify. Testifying against a spouse is a problem.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 39s39 seconds ago Brampton, Ontario
Millard's lawyer spent the better part of the morning, painting Smich as a pot smoking, controlling guy with a short fuse #BosmaTrial

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5s6 seconds ago
Justice Goodman instructing jury about "bad character" evidence. Cannot use it against accused being attacked. #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyfullyU