Bosma Murder Trial 04.06.16 - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is really getting to me is why does MH say he "knows this toolbox from previous years"?? I have friends I have had for a long time and I am not aware of things like toolboxes that they own. Was it something DM commonly stored a gun or drugs or other things he needed to hide, in?

MOO

Your post really resonated with me and took some time to sink in. lol IMO, that toolbox was routinely used to transport weed and perhaps other drugs for DM deliveries. That makes sense to me in the context of MH knowing what its typical use was for, IMO. It also makes sense that if my opinion is true, that MS would have expected to receive weed in that toolbox and was utterly freaked out when he opened the toolbox and saw a gun . . .or two, IMO.

All MOO.

It really bothers me that many of these 'friends' would hold information back when they knew about the horrific crime that was committed, to protect DM.

DM did not seem to care about the emotions of the folks around him, but he was a good at evaluating their character. He knew which ones would do what. It just happened to be MS that was willing to be his comrade in the actual heist. When DM said that there was little risk for the lookouts, I would assume MS pay was much higher.

As for others being involved as lookouts for the TB murder, I doubt it. They were simply stealing things that were mobile and in a fixed location. I highly doubt he had the crew along for test drives. This one was much different than the others, his test drive with IT was in the middle of the day.

After years of stealing in the dark of night, DM moved to execute a very dark human behavour in daylight. Or at least not between the 3-5 he and the gang normally did these capers.

I wish these friends of DM and MS could be asked off the record and anonymously if they think the two accused are actually guilty of first degree. Those would be some very interesting answers I am sure.

I had to go back to the Crown's OS because there is just too much being said that confuses me, lol. So, here we go:

Mr. Millard contacted a friend (who we now know is MH) on May 9, 2013, the night before his arrest and made arrangements to drop off a locked tool box for him to hold on to. Mr. Millard did this around 4:00 a.m. with his girlfriend. After the arrest of Mr. Millard, Mr. Smich obtained possession of the toolbox from mutual friends of the two Accused. Mr. Smich was aware of the arrest of Mr. Millard and he took steps to gain control and possession of the locked toolbox. The toolbox in question was seized in the home of Mr. Smich upon his arrest on May 22, 2013. Forensic examination of the toolbox found gunshot residue on the interior. There was no gun in the toolbox because Mr. Smich had already taken steps to dispose of it. Mr. Smich’s girlfriend told police that Mr. Smich told her that he had the gun, but that he got rid of the gun by burying it in the forest. Mr. Smich was not more specific than that with her. Before burying the gun, Mr. Smich tried to sell the gun through a friend (who we now know was BD). He was unsuccessful.
http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2016/02/tim-bosma-trial-the-crowns-opening-statement.html

DM's best defense would be some kind of drug induced psychosis.

Totally agree with your assessment.....TD is trying to spin MS's version of events without him taking the stand. It will be prudent for all of us (not referring to you specifically in any way) to not confuse testimony from witnesses with "plants" by either lawyer. I have seen such "plants" (ie: which gun was where and drugs) being stated as fact when in fact these are things we do not know for sure. mOO

Yes...both sides are spinning and will really be doing this more with the cross of the upcoming witnesses. People who were involved during that week and therefore the lawyers can just pose suggestions to all through the cross. We saw it today with both sides crossing BD and making their own suggestions as to what what going down after the murder. They will both be doing the same with MH and all the other friends/girlfriends as well. Not sure either defense team wants to put their client up on the stand to tell their side of things, although I'm also not sure if RP will be able to stop DM from testifying. Perhaps TD's cross of SS might make him think twice about subjecting himself to a cross from both Dungey and the Crown. Somehow I do see DM's defense team bringing in their own expert witnesses to spin some of the forensic evidence though, especially the video evidence. And some other witnesses, like perhaps his mother, to discuss their version of things. So they will forfeit their turn at closing after the Crown but it appears that Dungey would be getting the last word anyway.

MOO

bbm plus bbm red

Wayne supported, organized, and helped fund many missions on behalf of animal welfare. - http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thestar/obituary.aspx?pid=161695472
Yes, I remembered the term "mission" being part of WM's obituary.

WM's obituary to me is like reading a secret code of some sort. The part where it says "His last, still unlaunched, animal welfare mission is accepting donations to the 'Elizabeth Glass Animal Welfare Fund', "

and goes on to give DM's home address for "donations". It's bizarre, IMO, and though I've seen the discussion around it for a long time, I have yet to come across a reasonable explanation for it. I wonder if the "animal" welfare mission still unlaunched after WM's death in late 2012, was referring to the human animal?

It's such a crazy obituary, IMO, and I do think its message has not been fully decoded.

All MOO.

It really bothers me that many of these 'friends' would hold information back when they knew about the horrific crime that was committed, to protect DM.

DM did not seem to care about the emotions of the folks around him, but he was a good at evaluating their character. He knew which ones would do what. It just happened to be MS that was willing to be his comrade in the actual heist. When DM said that there was little risk for the lookouts, I would assume MS pay was much higher.

As for others being involved as lookouts for the TB murder, I doubt it. They were simply stealing things that were mobile and in a fixed location. I highly doubt he had the crew along for test drives. This one was much different than the others, his test drive with IT was in the middle of the day.

After years of stealing in the dark of night, DM moved to execute a very dark human behavour in daylight. Or at least not between the 3-5 he and the gang normally did these capers.

not really surprised about these people not being forthright from the get go...seems they were all sketchy, even the minor players. Willingly going along on these "missions" to be paid either in cash or drugs and accepting stolen goods without any thought to those who bought those things with their hard earned money...

I think in at least some cases, withholding info was just as much to protect themselves or make some kind of attempt to distance themselves from what DM was accused of doing. And really, I think most folks would want ZERO to do with that, or have any connection to it.

moo.

I made that reference to a Glock .. either yesterday, or the day before. This is in reference to an evidence photo that was posted, showing a box of "Zombie" ammo, and a gun closely resembling a Glock, or an actual Glock. I am not sure whether it appeared here on Facebook, or here.

To my knowledge, there is no evidence photo of a box of Zombie ammo and a Glock gun. This may have been an example that someone posted on facebook after BD's testimony but it does not appear to have anything to do with this trial.

MOO

MH said that he and AM don't speak anymore because they had come to an agreement about the case but then there were lies. Could this possibly be related to CN trying to get one of them (I am guessing AM) to change his statement to police? MH caught wind of this and wanted nothing to do with the lies especially after hiring a lawyer?

MOO

"He just kept saying that he thought he was going to get blamed for something ... Dell was in jail, and he thought that this guy might turn on him and blame him for something," one of Daly's statements reads.
by Adam Carter 12:37 PM

MS sounding like DM setting up his defense when he realizes he's in s#!t. Of course he doesn't know then he was caught (not positively identified in court) on the hanger camera or that his GF would be testifying against him. Won't lie TD is doing a great job. Just even after today he's got some sleuthers convinced that he was unaware of the gun in the toolbox. Why not just go to LE if you were being set up for a murder once you saw the gun. Nothing you have to potentially hide because of self incrimination is gonna trump a first degree murder charge....unless you're hiding the fact you were a part of the murder. all MOO

Take into account DM had something already to hold over MS's head...LB's murder. DM was likely her murderer also but MS was present and didn't go to LE back then. MOO.

From Molly Hayes:

• "Relationships were periodic, we'd see each other when we could," he says of his friendship with HS friends incl. Andrew Michalski.
  • He has not talked to Andrew Michalski since the events of May 6, 2013.
  • "We'd come to an agreement relating to this case," he says. "Lies had been said--" Pillay objects.

I'd really like to know what happened between Hagerman and Michalski! What was this "agreement"? Why have they not talked since this event happened? Why is Pillay objecting? Hm...

From Molly Hayes:

• "Relationships were periodic, we'd see each other when we could," he says of his friendship with HS friends incl. Andrew Michalski.
  • He has not talked to Andrew Michalski since the events of May 6, 2013.
  • "We'd come to an agreement relating to this case," he says. "Lies had been said--" Pillay objects.

I'd really like to know what happened between Hagerman and Michalski! What was this "agreement"? Why have they not talked since this event happened? Why is Pillay objecting? Hm...

Maybe their agreement was to come clean and tell the truth. I have a feeling it is to do with CN getting one of them to lie and change what they said and maybe that is where the lies come into play. Pillay seems to object to anything to do with these letters so possibly this is related if he is objecting to it?

Does anybody have any sense of how likely it is that that there will be a publication ban on CN's testimony?

Does anybody have any sense of how likely it is that that there will be a publication ban on CN's testimony?

Have we had any witnesses blocked out entirely? To get really philosophical, would we know if we had?

Your post really resonated with me and took some time to sink in. lol IMO, that toolbox was routinely used to transport weed and perhaps other drugs for DM deliveries. That makes sense to me in the context of MH knowing what its typical use was for, IMO. It also makes sense that if my opinion is true, that MS would have expected to receive weed in that toolbox and was utterly freaked out when he opened the toolbox and saw a gun . . .or two, IMO.

All MOO.

Or perhaps used at the hangar to store drugs. There was a pic of it there already, and it seems from the testimony today that the hangar was a bit of a hangout. So everyone knows "the toolbox" because of it's connotation with partying.

Have we had any witnesses blocked out entirely? To get really philosophical, would we know if we had?

The existence of a publication ban is made public and there are often noisy legal arguments against them by media lawyers that alert us as well. The reason CN's testimony is potentially vulnerable is to ensure her a fair trial. Although her testimony could not be used against her, it can potentially taint the jury pool.

Yeah, that struck me as rather condescending and unprofessional as well. I mean, they were "stoners" technically, I guess, but that's the way I'd say it (not condescending, just the word I use) - not the way I'd expect a professional to report.

"Stoner" could have been a word thrown out there by one of these young witnesses and used on a few occasions during testimony. I think we all know what it means ;) Personally I can't think of a more fitting word the professionals might use to describe someone who is an unemployed bum, who sits around smoking weed and drinking on a daily basis can you?! :D MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni