Bosma Murder Trial 04.06.16 - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BOSMA TRIAL: Millard and friends were grown men playing cops and robbers

It is as though Dellen Millard and his buddies are a bunch of boys playing an elaborate game of cops and robbers.

They seem to love the thrill of it. The fun of it. Making covert plans (as unsophisticated as they are) for their next "mission." Joking around in their texts — replete with smiley faces — as they plot out a "heist." Hiring "lookouts" to run around in the dark with walkie-talkies.

All to steal a Bobcat.

Lawn mowers.

Trees.

For Millard, it is a game of sorts. Like the ones he loves to play online. Or his dismal attempt to race his Jeep at Baja, in Mexico. And perhaps an adrenalin rush, like his skydiving.

But it may leave the jury at Tim Bosma's murder trial wondering just how big the game got.

How deadly.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...ends-were-grown-men-playing-cops-and-robbers/

The importance of CD's testimony seems to be diminishing. Other than additional information about the Pet Cremation (PC) business, I am not sure what he could add.

We already know DM was schemer and thief, and without a documented PC business plan that makes DM also a liar.

The next phase is to show he is also a murderer.

MOO

BOSMA TRIAL: Millard and friends were grown men playing cops and robbers

It is as though Dellen Millard and his buddies are a bunch of boys playing an elaborate game of cops and robbers.

They seem to love the thrill of it. The fun of it. Making covert plans (as unsophisticated as they are) for their next "mission." Joking around in their texts — replete with smiley faces — as they plot out a "heist." Hiring "lookouts" to run around in the dark with walkie-talkies.

All to steal a Bobcat.

Lawn mowers.

Trees.

For Millard, it is a game of sorts. Like the ones he loves to play online. Or his dismal attempt to race his Jeep at Baja, in Mexico. And perhaps an adrenalin rush, like his skydiving.

But it may leave the jury at Tim Bosma's murder trial wondering just how big the game got.

How deadly.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...ends-were-grown-men-playing-cops-and-robbers/

Many of the suspicions people had about DM seem to be coming true.

Please pardon my ignorance but how do letters go from DM to lawyer to someone on the DNC list? Presuming the person getting these letters were on the list...I don't have the DNC info. :/

Good question. I don't have the answer other than it was printed he sent out letters through his lawyer. I am not familiar with the restrictions, and if he could also use a trusted friend or relative.

Maybe someone familiar with the process can help?

The lawyers would be the one contact that didn't have visit behind glass. IMO, that's why that lawyer stepped down from defending DM. They got busted contacting someone on the DNC list. From the lawyer anyone could have gotten them and given them to CN. We also have the mother who was happy to send out hush money, why not pick up a few letters? For all we know, CN picked them up herself. Maybe we'll find out when she takes the stand.

The lawyers would be the one contact that didn't have visit behind glass. IMO, that's why that lawyer stepped down from defending DM. They got busted contacting someone on the DNC list. From the lawyer anyone could have gotten them and given them to CN. We also have the mother who was happy to send out hush money, why not pick up a few letters? For all we know, CN picked them up herself. Maybe we'll find out when she takes the stand.

Those are some fairly heavy accusations.

Those are some fairly heavy accusations.

They are an opinion based on what we have heard (letters through lawyer) The letters got to CN some how! You are more then welcome to take a guess if you have a better answer?

DP didn't step down.

"Despite appearing many times on Millard's behalf in court, Paradkar was never properly retained as his trial lawyer."

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5688757-tim-bosma-accused-killer-dellen-millard-gets-a-new-lawyer/

I have been keeping up with this case since day 1, and been lurking here a lot. At first I thought MS was guilty as DM but as this case moves on I have some doubts. IMO I wonder if they drove to where the Yukon was parked close to TB house and they said "hey our buddy is back, do you mind dropping MS off while I do the test drive with you." After dropping MS off they drove and DM shot TB. MS is just driving behind not really knowing what is going on, just being the "good" boy and following. When they get to the bobcat dealership MS realizes TB is dead and freaks out. That is why they were there so long. DM is trying to calm him down and saying it is okay.... I will figure this out. It feels like MS is more a accomplice after the fact sort of like CN.

Since the new thread isn't open yet. 1/2 day today, legal arguments for the afternoon.

Back at the Tim Bosma trial today. Follow along for updates starting at 10 am.
by Adam Carter 9:37 AM

I have been keeping up with this case since day 1, and been lurking here a lot. At first I thought MS was guilty as DM but as this case moves on I have some doubts. IMO I wonder if they drove to where the Yukon was parked close to TB house and they said "hey our buddy is back, do you mind dropping MS off while I do the test drive with you." After dropping MS off they drove and DM shot TB. MS is just driving behind not really knowing what is going on, just being the "good" boy and following. When they get to the bobcat dealership MS realizes TB is dead and freaks out. That is why they were there so long. DM is trying to calm him down and saying it is okay.... I will figure this out. It feels like MS is more a accomplice after the fact sort of like CN.

If that was the case, the the question I would pose the following question to those well versed on the law...would MS still be considered as "forceably confining" TB by following in another vehicle, making him automatically guilty of 1st degree? OR, does the fact he left TB's truck mean he is now not legitimately qualified to be charged with 1st degree, because now only DM was technically forceably confining TB?

Hamilton Spectator ‏@TheSpec 12h12 hours ago
Clairmont: Millard and Smich were grown men playing cops and robbers #Bosma http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...mich-were-grown-men-playing-cops-and-robbers/ …

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1h1 hour ago
A weeping witness. Theft. And a circle of friends who knew something was very wrong. And said nothing. @AM900CHML @ChmlBillKelly

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 52m52 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Back for the final day of the #timbosma trial this week. Follow along live: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...-lifelong-friend-returns-to-testify-1.3524648 … #bosma #hamont #sc

Adrian Humphreys ‏@AD_Humphreys 58m58 minutes ago
Dellen Millard ran night ‘missions’ to steal construction vehicles friend tells #Bosma trial http://natpo.st/1SdDLOE

Hamilton Spectator ‏@TheSpec
#BOSMA TRIAL: Millard paid $100 for lookout on theft ‘mission’ #HamOnt http://bit.ly/1VzKYxS

He may not have wanted to toss it as afraid someone could find it if not done carefully and maybe he thought he might need it for his own protection. Didn't Daly say Mark Smich was afraid of Dellen or felt he might try to frame him?

I am thinking that through legal arguments they were not allowed to ask Daly if Mark told him who shot Tim Bosma..it is obvious through cross examination that Daly was told by Mark alot more than he testified on the stand. At first he said Mark told him nothing..then through cross he testified it was Mark's gun in the toolbox...then that Mark was all of a sudden afraid he was going to get killed and that he was afraid he was going to get blamed and set up for the crime..so what was the crime that Mark told Daly?

IMO he can't be smart enough or strong enough to unlock and load a bobcat in the dark on his own. We aren't hearing who his "mechanics" were. Or is this why he was shown how to change a starter. Or did SS say that so when it came out the bobcat was moved, the jury would think DM changed the starter himself?

The best way to have your stuff stolen is to store it on a trailer. My brother lost two sleds that way. Maybe that's why there were so many trailers in that hangar?

Interesting play on words.

MS was already under surveillance IMO. So there was opportunity, perhaps, for LE to follow him to the forest had anyone seen him with this toolbox, but I suspect he shoved it down his pants instead of walking into the forest with a toolbox. But no one saw him with a shovel?

It's pretty hard to help a distressed family -- Bosmas - without putting out pleas and info on the media. And it's called freedom of press.

The media showed up at the door of the Smiches. That's what set off the sister and made MS get rid of evidence he had been trying to sell previously.

Just a reminder of DM's outcome prediction.

“Once the dust settles, once trial is over, and all information is released, people will again smile and say good things about me,” -DM

Still waiting!

I think we now know why DM had license plate covers that were not view-able off angle. He likely knew some of his "missions" would be caught on camera, but without a license number it would be almost impossible to identify the thief. And the reality is, unless it's an easy investigation, police aren't going to do much other than file some paper work (if that) in regard to stolen vehicles or trailers.

I wonder how many times police were shown security cam vids over the years of a blue yukon or red Ram stealing stuff, with an unreadable license plate?

Just a reminder of DM's outcome prediction.

“Once the dust settles, once trial is over, and all information is released, people will again smile and say good things about me,” -DM

Still waiting!

Well maybe his cell mate (who just had his way with DM) might say such things!

are these 2 Lawyers that are representing DM not from the same law firm as DP? I was under the impression DP started his own business and that his partners who were his co-reps on the case took over?

Julian Hlywa and his partner Deepak Paradkar didn’t start their careers as salesman. Julian is a custom homebuilder and Deepak is a lawyer. But these two professionals decided to team up and start a business importing these beautifully unique sinks to Canada under a year ago

http://www.moneysense.ca/spend/real...-sink-for-your-bathroom-think-petrified-wood/

http://prehistoricstoneworks.com/about-us/

if you click on the cottage show from the website you can see him in pics.

Deepak Paradkar has been involved with Millard's case since the wealthy aviation heir was arrested two years ago for the first-degree murder of Tim Bosma. Yet he will not be Millard's trial lawyer. Instead Ravin Pillay, who has been part of Millard's defence team, although not its frontman, will represent him when the case goes to trial next January.

"Ravin's been on the case from Day 1," was all Paradkar, who lives in Mississauga, would say in an uncharacteristically short interview about the switch.
http://www.therecord.com/news-story/5688882-millard-to-be-represented-by-new-lawyer/

Just some thoughts as to why the change..nothing concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpioo18