Bosma Murder Trial 04.12.16 - Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does the one pound of weed info come from? How was this even verified if no one knew what was in the bag? JMO

BD testified that MS had a toolbox with a gun in it and a pound of weed available to sell in order to get a lawyer.

AM testified MH had a toolbox and AM had a blue Under Armour backpack that he put drugs into, to get them out of the house.

MH testified the backpack smelled like weed.

All excellent questions and I'm going to piggy back in bold:

"So MS knows what DM's been arrested for because he is also involved. His first response to this news is to ask for drugs and weapons to be removed from DM's home and delivered to him? And he knows that MH has the toolbox and that the toolbox no longer contains drugs? Seems odd. It doesn't seem odd, it seems insane. Your buddy just gets nailed by the police and you want incriminating evidence YOUR possession. What?? What kind of a lunatic does that?"

I see this as completely logical. It is not unheard of for criminals to want the 'smoking gun' in their possession to dispose of. What doesn't make sense throughout this case is their reluctance to destroy material evidence. Yes they burnt many items that had definite markers, but the gun and the truck?

Why did MS even bother to keep the toolbox? Just throw it in the garbage.
Why did MS try to sell the gun?
Why did DM hide the truck at his mom's?
Why did DM give the dvr to CN? He could have just destroyed it with a hammer. Replacement cost is only a few hundred dollars.

As for where the drugs went, not even a 1 on the evidence priority scale out of 10.

MOO

You may not be that unique but if your memory is that crisp and accurate I do think you'd be the exception and not the rule. I've been following "true crime" cases since I was about 11 years old (so, over 40 years) and one of the things that is a pretty much globally agreed on issue in criminal cases, is that eye witness testimony is incredibly unreliable, for a wide variety of reasons (as ellie b pointed out). Even among those who are not prone to lying to themselves and others, how the brain processes things in a high tension/traumatic moment may not always be how things actually happened. I don't have any links handy but I've read numerous studies over the years on this especially in the area of child abuse (adult survivors primarily). It's really a rather fascinating field of study.

That said, I'm not at all surprised or think it's any kind of CYA when some of these witnesses from DM's circle say things like "I can't remember" or "I don't know". While they may in fact be in CYA mode, it's rather reasonable to assume they really can't remember certain details about specific days or conversations, or what kind of "mood" someone was in on a certain day 3 years ago. This is pretty common for most people. However, once you toss in drugs use, alcohol use, the fact that you've been involved with crimes with the accused in the past, and the fact you just learned he killed a man and stole his truck, the trauma (emotional - on the brain) of the events surrounding those few days in May of 2013 would really do a number on your memory. Which is really good then, that we have statements given at the time, to help these guys remember what they said then, compared to what they recall now.

moo.

They were likely buzzed too.

And Igor did say that there was a change in temperature in the truck when he said that he had been in the army. I think they did this first test drive to practice for the second one with the "nice guy." It really shows what a psychopath DM is and how he had MS following him around to help him with his dirty work. DM knew that the others wouldn't go along with armed robbery so he didn't even bother asking them; however, MS being the gangster he thought he was living at his mom's house was happy to accompany him. I can't even imagine the Bosma's sitting through this and now knowing that Tim was a marked man before he even met them on that fateful night.

I was thinking the same thing.

I have a huge trust issue when it comes to strangers and this case doesn't help me one bit with calming that fear.

Rubikinks has been very quiet in social media this week. Lots of cryptic street art posts up until this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And have you noticed her last post on Instagram? A caricature of Charlie Chaplin, to which she added the tag: "The Silence of Charlie"

You could read into what that might mean. I'm starting to think she's using these image to communicate something.

There was testimony somewhere or a text maybe from Dellen that said he felt bad...they seemed like a nice family....and was thinking about returning the truck?????What the heck was that all about??? Anybody care to break this down into something that makes sense?

"So MS knows what DM's been arrested for because he is also involved. His first response to this news is to ask for drugs and weapons to be removed from DM's home and delivered to him? And he knows that MH has the toolbox and that the toolbox no longer contains drugs? Seems odd. It doesn't seem odd, it seems insane. Your buddy just gets nailed by the police and you want incriminating evidence YOUR possession. What?? What kind of a lunatic does that?"

I see this as completely logical. It is not unheard of for criminals to want the 'smoking gun' in their possession to dispose of. What doesn't make sense throughout this case is their reluctance to destroy material evidence. Yes they burnt many items that had definite markers, but the gun and the truck?

Why did DM give the dvr to CN? He could have just destroyed it with a hammer. Replacement cost is only a few hundred dollars.

As for where the drugs went, not even a 1 on the evidence priority scale out of 10.

MOO

No a DVR security system with the software on it that can control PTZ cameras is a grand or two. Still, given the circumstances I'd be thinking sledgehammer or a really powerful magnet (welder's square, magnet used to clamp metal into right angles when you are welding trailers and such ;) ?) It's not like he couldn't have taken care of that if he only had more time.

And Igor did say that there was a change in temperature in the truck when he said that he had been in the army. I think they did this first test drive to practice for the second one with the "nice guy." It really shows what a psychopath DM is and how he had MS following him around to help him with his dirty work. DM knew that the others wouldn't go along with armed robbery so he didn't even bother asking them; however, MS being the gangster he thought he was living at his mom's house was happy to accompany him. I can't even imagine the Bosma's sitting through this and now knowing that Tim was a marked man before he even met them on that fateful night.

I think the Bosmas are seeing the number of people who knew something before and after the abduction and did nothing is growing to the size of a mob!

There was testimony somewhere or a text maybe from Dellen that said he felt bad...they seemed like a nice family....and was thinking about returning the truck?????What the heck was that all about??? Anybody care to break this down into something that makes sense?

I believe he was just reflecting on the trouble he was in. That text was sent while he was either loading up the truck, or in transit to Kleinburg on the 9th. Now that his truck morphing for the Baja was a no go, he was weighing his miscalculation. Had nothing to do with any remorse. If AJ didn't call CS, that message would have never existed.

MOO

SC tweeted at the end of court today that some photos and extraction report were being marked as exihibits. Anyone see these posted anywhere or hear anything more?

No a DVR security system with the software on it that can control PTZ cameras is a grand or two. Still, given the circumstances I'd be thinking sledgehammer or a really powerful magnet (welder's square, magnet used to clamp metal into right angles when you are welding trailers and such ;) ?) It's not like he couldn't have taken care of that if he only had more time.

He was non technical, so a hammer/sledgehammer is best when time is not on your side. Besides DM was known to break things.

I just bought a 4 channel DVR with network and analog and digital PTZ control for $120. Had to install a drive, but still under $200. The 8 channel was $50 more. Now the PTZ cameras can be expensive, but they don't have any information that needs to be destroyed.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15s15 seconds ago
Michalski gave police his statement on May 13, 2013. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9s9 seconds ago
Re: whether he saw Millard on May 7, Michalski says he did see him. At the house. On the computer. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 11s12 seconds ago
He did see Millard at home on May 7. He was on computer. "I asked him if they got the truck and he said yes."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 20s20 seconds ago
Michalski says he asked him if they got the truck. Millard said yes. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 11s11 seconds ago
After refreshing memory Michalski remembers seeing #Millard May 7, & asked if he got truck. #Millard says yes. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 23s23 seconds ago
Crown asks if he knew they were going to test drive a truck on Monday. Yes, Michalski says. #Bosma

No where do I see if the Crown asks AM if he asked DM who he decided to steal the truck from, the nice guy or the ***hole. I also would think that on May 7 when AM asks DM if they got the truck and DM says yes that the conversation would just end. Most likely, AM would be asking for some details.

DM and sense would be IMO, an oxymoron, with the emphasis on moron. Nothing DM allegedly did or said makes sense to me.

DM didn't use common sense, or good sense, and what he allegedly did do by killing TB and incinerating his body was utterly senseless, IMO. His comment about thinking of TB's family was a nonsensical thing to say IMO, because there was no truth in his feigned concern, for TB who was by then dead as he knew, IMO, or for TB' distraught family, IMO, and also because he had no intention ever of returning the truck under any circumstances, IMO. "What truck?" How senseless and diabolical is that to write in context of his previous related texts to SS? He senselessly and unnecessarily admitted his knowledge of the crime in a text to SS, IMO, so if there is any sense to make of DM, I leave that to others to try and discern and explain.

All MOO.

bosma-case-maintenance-stairwell.png

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...he-should-steal-truck-from-nice-guy-1.3532576

Just days before Tim Bosma disappeared, Dellen Millard asked one of his friends if he should steal a truck from "the ******* or the nice guy," court heard Tuesday at the trial of two men accused of killing the Hamilton man.

"I told him to f--k off," said Millard's friend and former roommate Andrew Michalski, who began testifying Tuesday afternoon. "I didn't think he needed to steal a truck."

and people really think AM believed that? He kicked his girlfriend out to go on a mission! JMO

MOO

Almost nothing in this case that we've heard about DM and MS is logical to me. My point was, if MS had absolutely nothing to do with what happened to TB, and "wasn't even there" the way he supposedly said to BD, he'd be freaking out the same way MH and AM allegedly were, and trying to get as far away from evidence as possible. That's what a logical person does. Yet some have speculated that maybe DM was setting MS up by instructing AM to get these items into MS's hands. Turns out, that is *allegedly* not the case at all, it was MS who wanted AM to bring him these things.

Or... (how's this for a wacky theory) it was never MS on the phone texting with AM at all, it was whoever DM instructed to tell AM to get those things to MS so that the police found him with them. (I don't actually believe that, but at this point, it wouldn't surprise me.)

DM and sense would be IMO, an oxymoron, with the emphasis on moron. Nothing DM allegedly did or said makes sense to me.

DM didn't use common sense, or good sense, and what he allegedly did do by killing TB and incinerating his body was utterly senseless, IMO. His comment about thinking of TB's family was a nonsensical thing to say IMO, because there was no truth in his feigned concern, for TB who was by then dead as he knew, IMO, or for TB' distraught family, IMO, and also because he had no intention ever of returning the truck under any circumstances, IMO. "What truck?" How senseless and diabolical is that to write in context of his previous related texts to SS? He senselessly and unnecessarily admitted his knowledge of the crime in a text to SS, IMO, so if there is any sense to make of DM, I leave that to others to try and discern and explain.

All MOO.

I thought DM was just trying to pretend to SS that he had nothing to do with an abduction but that returning the truck might implicate him, thereby explaining to SS his excuse for hiding it.

Or... (how's this for a wacky theory) it was never MS on the phone texting with AM at all, it was whoever DM instructed to tell AM to get those things to MS so that the police found him with them. (I don't actually believe that, but at this point, it wouldn't surprise me.)

rsbm

You shouldn't encourage me. lol :) But, seriously, while you may think that an unlikely scenario, I'm impressed and do consider that a plausible explanation. Thank you for sharing your original idea - you may be on to something!

All MOO.

BD testified that MS had a toolbox with a gun in it and a pound of weed available to sell in order to get a lawyer.

AM testified MH had a toolbox and AM had a blue Under Armour backpack that he put drugs into, to get them out of the house.

MH testified the backpack smelled like weed.
<BBM>
Please post the link that shows that BD (or anyone other than TD, for that matter) testified that there was a pound of weed. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal