Bosma Murder Trial 04.12.16 - Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the shipping weight would include the packaging. I can't imagine a plastic 24" toolbox weighing 8lb empty, can you?

I think we'd be surprised at how much a tool box can weigh empty. Here is the cheapest, plasticiest (yes I make up words) tool-box and it weighs almost 2lbs. If you snoop around the site, the 24" boxes can weight upwards of 12lbs empty!!! Jeez...throw in a hammer and a few screw drivers and I'd need help carrying the thing.

http://www.stanleytools.com/en-us/p...s/box/16-in-portable-plastic-tool-box/016011r

- According to testimony from AM yesterday, he was employed at the time as a plumber, I presume hours of work would be 7am - 4pm then the drive home, possible DM was at the home when AM was at work.

did a quick review of the timeline spreadsheet...
- May 7th @ 8:44pm Yukon arrived at hanger, 11:40pm Yukon leaves hanger
- May 8th DM's phone was pinging at hanger @ 5:56pm, then later in the range of Halton Hills, Etobicoke area. Neighbor at farm testified that there were lights seen at the farm around 11-11:30
- May 9th DM phone @ 5:49pm ping at farm, then hanger, Oakville, Etobicoke and then Kleinburg

IMO, these ping times leave a high probability that AM may not have seen DM on these dates or if he did, a brief period of time. DM had a lot of "work" to do in a very short period of time.

When AJ and SS turned up for work the morning of the 8th, the truck was on the tarp, and it was stripped of front seats. I assume the seats were not there, and it could have been on the 8th that they were burnt on the farm? Even later in the evening?

Sorry if someone already mentioned this but I am just catching up. Looking at that photo of the stairs behind the pharmacy where they dropped off the items to be picked up....not what I was picturing at all. There is no way this was a random spot that they decided to "pull off the road" (I think that was close to the phrase they used) and just got lucky finding a perfect spot like that. I would like someone to ask them if they had used the spot before. I apologize...my recollection is a bit weak but didn't one of them say they were driving with the items and couldn't handle the pressure so they pulled off the road to drop the items so MS could pick them up? No way they randomly pulled over and found a perfect spot like that. My suspicion is this was a known spot that they had used before. MOO (Now someone can post the link where it shows someone saying that they did use it before so I can look like a fool.) :D

This was another of AM's discrepancies in testimony, as compared to MH's. AM testified yesterday that MS told him where to drop off.. at a Shopper's Plaza.. but that the two (MH and AM) dropped to the WRONG plaza, and then AM had to tell MS where to find it. This contrasts with MH's testimony that he heard on the news blah blah and immediately stopped the car and dropped the items at the first available location. (From memory, can't post backup right now).

I think we'd be surprised at how much a tool box can weigh empty. Here is the cheapest, plasticiest (yes I make up words) tool-box and it weighs almost 2lbs. If you snoop around the site, the 24" boxes can weight upwards of 12lbs empty!!! Jeez...throw in a hammer and a few screw drivers and I'd need help carrying the thing.

http://www.stanleytools.com/en-us/p...s/box/16-in-portable-plastic-tool-box/016011r

We don't know if the 4 or 5 pound estimate is correct. Hard to determine contents by weight, when accuracy of the estimate could be off by 2 pounds. The weight of a gun.

MOO

Part NumberSTST16410
Item Weight499 g
Product Dimensions39 x 21.8 x 16 cm
Item model numberSTST16410
Item Package Quantity1
Number of Handles1
Batteries Required?No
Weight500 grams
Length39 centimeter
Width21.8 centimeter
Height16 centimeter

This was for a 16" Stanley toolbox (1lb approx)

https://www.amazon.ca/STANLEY-16-Inch-Black-Yellow-Latch/dp/B005ELRFI0/

<rsbm>

If you can find the same toolbox on Walmart or Canadian Tire, you could check the shipping weight. A 16" Stanley toolbox weighs 3 lb and a 24" one 8 lb according to WM, so it had to be a smaller model.

We are not even sure the estimate was accurate. He could have been off by several pounds.

We don't know if the 4 or 5 pound estimate is correct. Hard to determine contents by weight, when accuracy of the estimate could be off by 2 pounds. The weight of a gun.

MOO

Yes, very true, and as someone else mentioned, there could also have been bullets inside the box... and I imagine they might weigh a bit as well.

MOO

That's a whole other ball of wax. One thing people are definitely not good at is estimating weight! I always try to relate it to a pound of butter in my mind but usually end up missing by a mile. His guess at 4-5 lbs could be nowhere near the actual. Definitely not enough there to make an assumption of what was inside the box. On a different note, I find it almost impossible to believe they didn't look inside. MOO

I believe the shipping weight would include the packaging. I can't imagine a plastic 24" toolbox weighing 8lb empty, can you?

I also think that MH's 4 or 5lb guess could be quite off. It's hard to judge weight with a big, bulky item IMO.

ETA: Whoops, I see several people beat me to it.

Good morning, does anyone know if we have court today? Nothing nada zilch is happening on twitter.

Tia

Good morning, does anyone know if we have court today? Nothing nada zilch is happening on twitter.

Tia

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 9m9 minutes ago
Going to be a full courtroom today. Andrew Michalski, Dellen Millard's roomie, still in exam-in-chief. #Bosma #HamOnt

Completely and utterly O/T but I just became a grandma for the 5th time :) Baby girl and mama are both doing well. (I hope that's okay to post here).

And have you noticed her last post on Instagram? A caricature of Charlie Chaplin, to which she added the tag: "The Silence of Charlie"

You could read into what that might mean. I'm starting to think she's using these image to communicate something.

I agree 100%.

I think this is the most accurate specification - from the manufacturer

Part NumberSTST16410
Item Weight499 g
Product Dimensions39 x 21.8 x 16 cm
Item model numberSTST16410
Item Package Quantity1
Number of Handles1
Batteries Required?No
Weight500 grams
Length39 centimeter
Width21.8 centimeter
Height16 centimeter

This was for a 16" Stanley toolbox (1lb approx)

https://www.amazon.ca/STANLEY-16-Inch-Black-Yellow-Latch/dp/B005ELRFI0/

Walmart says the same one ships at 2.79 lbs (1,267g) http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/stanley-16-toolbox/6000195551702 I think Stanley's page is most accurate. Amazon is never accurate for shipping weights lol

When AJ and SS turned up for work the morning of the 8th, the truck was on the tarp, and it was stripped of front seats. I assume the seats were not there, and it could have been on the 8th that they were burnt on the farm? Even later in the evening?

Again, going by the AWESOME timeline that has been provided (insert much gratitude)...
May 7th at 6am video showed pickup truck being moved around at the hanger
May 8th at 6am Approx time dairy farmer claims to see smoke plume from Roseville farm (May 7 or 8)
May 9th at 7am DM phone activity was in Etobicoke

That's a whole other ball of wax. One thing people are definitely not good at is estimating weight! I always try to relate it to a pound of butter in my mind but usually end up missing by a mile. His guess at 4-5 lbs could be nowhere near the actual. Definitely not enough there to make an assumption of what was inside the box. On a different note, I find it almost impossible to believe they didn't look inside. MOO

It was in MH's hands until the drop off. I don't think he looked in a locked toolbox. It has already been confirmed that there was a gun in the toolbox by BD. Was it the murder weapon?

BD, Arthur and Bleach were all aware. Maybe Bleach was not aware of the toolbox, but he was of the gun. Remember, these three were mainly MS's friends, not DM's.

I don't understand the need to determine contents by weight? Maybe after all the witnesses, because we will most likely get some insight to the toolbox with CN.

MOO

Completely and utterly O/T but I just became a grandma for the 5th time :) Baby girl and mama are both doing well. (I hope that's okay to post here).

Congratulations on the new excitement in your life!

Definitely nice to hear word of new life in the face of this dark trial. Thank you for sharing your bright moment, and enjoy!

I'll be away this morning, so my HUGE THANKS in advance to the twitter-team here. I'll be looking forward to your posts on today's testimony when I get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member