Bosma Murder Trial 04.14.16 - Day 35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time poster. I was a friend of Wayne, employee of Carl and had met DM several times while he was a child. I would love to think he is innocent of this.. The most damning aspect of this Imo his reaction after the fact. Seem's significantly proofed that he was there. Myself, and I think 99.999% of people would be a wreck if they had accidentally killed someone (even in self defence). The one Constant throughout all the self serving (protecting) testimony is that Dellen wasn't rattled even a bit.. I reluctantly have a hard time believing it was an unplanned or accidental murder

It must be shocking to have known him as a child and see him where he is now.

I think that was Marks gun? I wonder where DMs gun got to? From looking at the behaviour of this lot it wouldn't surprise me if it was at MBs house.

I believe that's the gun that the Crown alleges did the shooting - the one the found casing would match. Many thought it was DM's gun - maybe because MWJ was charged with selling him one or maybe because they think DM was the shooter, don't know. IMO, I think you're right and it is MS's gun. The picture that DM sent to CN of that gun was taken in February 2012. The picture of what appears to be the same gun that was taken on MS's iPad was taken in August 2012. This picture that was taken of it on MS's Blackberry was taken in March 2012. Seems like he had it for a while.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 7h7 hours ago
There's a third photo that I can't see clearly as a thumbnail. The fourth appears to be of a gun. It was captured Mar 11, 2012.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1C9QrBmRsChLRin0MCRNb7IooPPZFllXFyWyCdHr42Ho/edit?pref=2&pli=1#slide=id.p41

MWJ is charged with selling a gun to DM sometime between June 1, 2012 and July 30, 2012.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2014/04/12/tim_bosma_murder_case_laura_babcock_dead_before_she_was_reported_missing_police_allege.html

Personally, I don't think we've seen a picture of DM's gun yet, if there is one.

JMO

wasn't it the morning of the 6th he was hungover..so got drunk after the test drive?

IIRC, it was late afternoon on the 5th - after the IT test drive. AM said they didn't get the truck because MS was sick.

All this IT talk made me go look up his testimony on ABro's site:

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2016/02/by-special-request-day-4-of-the-tim-bosma-trial.html
http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2016/02/dispatches-from-the-tim-bosma-trial-day-5.html

While I was reading my way to IT, I was struck by this:

“Dell was looking at me. Shane would look at me, turn his head. They were having a heated discussion,” he told the court.

Then Millard came over and told him to get all his stuff and go home. “That’s when I later found out that the police had been there,” Jennings testified.

“He wasn’t angry, just calm, same old Dell. It really had me confused.”

DM seems to have a control over his emotions to a great degree. Again, calm when you might expect emotion.

Sorry to go off topic, but did they find any of MS' prints on the truck, or anywhere else? I don't remember. if not, could he have been wearing gloves? I think MS was the shooter because on test drive one, DM said they couldn't steal the truck because MS was sick... Possibly trying to say he didn't pull the trigger so mission aborted.

wasn't it the morning of the 6th he was hungover..so got drunk after the test drive?
Yes or did something else to wake up the morning of, at 3am, in pain. Actually if you look at the timeline we may get a lot more premeditation info next week - the whole day of the 6th is empty on the timeline until later in the day.

Sorry to go off topic, but did they find any of MS' prints on the truck, or anywhere else? I don't remember. if not, could he have been wearing gloves? I think MS was the shooter because on test drive one, DM said they couldn't steal the truck because MS was sick... Possibly trying to say he didn't pull the trigger so mission aborted.
no prints

DM seems to have a control over his emotions to a great degree. Again, calm when you might expect emotion.

That reminded me that inability to feel (or display) fear at appropriate times is highly correlated with psychopathy. In such cases, it's less a matter of control of emotion than of an absence of emotion.

This deficit can also be caused by neurological disorders such as Urbach-Wiethe disease or lesions of the amygdala but that's probably not what we're dealing with here.

Ah, this is getting to be like the OJ Simpson trial--does the glove fit? ha ha

Maybe he didn't practice holding a gun with gloves on and got trigger slippery. But I think it was planned, part of the thrill, so maybe not.

Maybe he just pulled his hoodie sleeves down every time he touched something like I do to door handles when I exit public washrooms, thus no prints.

Maybe the "I f'ked up meant I forgot to wipe down the rear view mirror. IMO just joking.

That reminded me that inability to feel (or display) fear at appropriate times is highly correlated with psychopathy. In such cases, it's less a matter of control of emotion than of an absence of emotion.

This deficit can also be caused by neurological disorders such as or Urbach-Wiethe disease or lesions of the amygdala but that's probably not what we're dealing with here.

And sometimes very specifically a lack of fear with sociopathy. There's something so off about DM that I've even wondered if he had a hard landing one day and rapped his head hard on his flight deck or something. The 'right' kind of traumatic brain injury can produce sociopathic behaviour as well.

I think that's exactly where TD wanted his cross to go. When asking AM why he didn't take the bag and toolbox to LE instead of MS.

Mark wanted it," Michalski said.

"So we're going to dump it on Smich, right?" Dungey said. "No, he wanted it," Michalski responded.

"A big strapping guy like you isn't going to listen to a small guy like Mark Smich," Dungey said. "You weren't afraid of him."

"I was afraid of him, yes sir," Michalski responded.

IMHO, TD went in on an attack on AM's character here- the "why didn't you contact LE" hoping to get his "you're just protecting DM" theory out there some more. IMO, it really backfired this time- resulting in AM saying it was MS who wanted it and he was in fact afraid of MS. IMO, TD wasn't expecting that and had to finish up with his signature "you're lying jab". Cue more gun evidence. MOO

I think it was possibly both and I don't believe AM was afraid of MS. MS wanted those items and I think AM was eager to dump them on him despite objections from MH. If DM got out of jail quickly he would have been pretty angry to find MH sent the toolbox back to MS. DM told MH to keep hold of it and also appears to have told MS who was holding it. I wonder who's idea it was to call law enforcement shortly after MS regained possession? I still think that at the time, these guys thought it might be a good idea to redirect the heat towards MS.

Ah, this is getting to be like the OJ Simpson trial--does the glove fit? ha ha

Maybe he didn't practice holding a gun with gloves on and got trigger slippery. But I think it was planned, part of the thrill, so maybe not.

Maybe he just pulled his hoodie sleeves down every time he touched something like I do to door handles when I exit public washrooms, thus no prints.

Maybe the "I f'ked up meant I forgot to wipe down the rear view mirror. IMO just joking.

I wondered that very thing when MS walked up the driveway to TB's home....Mark stood back a little with hands deep in his hoodie pouch or pockets appearing sketchy and withdrawn. And if indeed we saw figures in the surveillance stills from Bobcat, there were black areas at the end of what appeared to me to be the arms of at least one figure . MOO

This deficit can also be caused by neurological disorders such as Urbach-Wiethe disease or lesions of the amygdala but that's probably not what we're dealing with here.

DM's ability to remain emotionally flat-lined in times of stress would be an outstanding attribute for a pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suns12035