Bosma Murder Trial 04.19.16 - Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...and to think DM's defense was making an issue early in the trial about a box falling out of the trailer, as police were towing it to forensics. Like that would be a deal breaker for the case!

Unbelievable evidence. Really not necessary. Strictly procedural at this point. Who is there in the universe left to convince? Who can possibly have any reasonable doubt? As I said before, if the only evidence the crown had was DM's fingerprint in Bosma's truck, and Bosma's truck being discovered in a trailer on his mother's driveway, then I'm 100% confident to say GUILTY. Don't need to see anything else. All these macabre details about a demented group of people being manipulated by a deranged psychopath is just a very sad analysis of the society we live in and the people that make it so sad.

I will be truly pleased when I hear the jury read their verdict. I want desperately to forget about DM and MS. I can only imagine the Bosma family feels that even more so. :(
. Yes. There two truly are evil. No rehab for these two. Waste of time and money. Lock them up as dangerous offenders like Bernardo. Moo

At this point in the trial, with so much evidence that has come out about the sick and twisted way DM and MS were, I find it emotionally exhausting and draining most days. I can only imagine that what I am feeling is 1/1,000,000th of the emotional exhaustion of the Bosmas.

I hope everyday for justice for Tim and his whole family.

My theory is, if there are more texts between DM and Iisho in June/July 2012 about acquiring another gun, perhaps one of a different make or caliber, and that make and caliber of gun was found with WM at the time of his death and confiscated by LE, then the one he bought from Iisho in February 2012 (which was likely purchased for the original plan of stealing a truck for the May 2012 Baja race) was probably still in DM's possession at the time of TB's murder. And since we know that the shell casing found in TB's truck was from a .380 bullet, the gun that was purchased in February 2012 would be a match to the shell casing from at least one of the bullets that killed TB in May 2013.

Hope that makes sense?

MOO

To me, that is a stretch. To say that he bought a gun in Feb 2012 for the purpose of stealing a truck... killing the owner.. which didn't happen yet, at the time he had the desire to 'off' one of his problems 3 months later, and then his own father, 9 months later.. he wouldn't have used the gun he had already bought, because it was purch'd with the purpose of stealing a truck, and so he had to buy one or 2 more for these newer jobs?

I have no clue, but I am curious now as to whether police *did* in fact confiscate the gun used to kill WM. If police thought it was a suicide at the time, would they have examined the gun, and asked for its ownership papers/license/whatever is involved in owning a firearm? One would imagine that would have been done? But if it *was* done, and the gun *was* confiscated, then why wasn't it determined right away that the gun was an illegally owned one, which would have opened up perhaps a more thorough investigation of the circumstances surrounding WM's death, perhaps even before his body had been released for cremation by the family. It makes me think that perhaps the police just took everything at face value, thought ya, rich guy, owned a gun, money issues, killed himself, poor son... didn't bother checking everything out, or even looking into the gun? If that were the case, then it could be possible that just over 5 months later, DM still had the gun in his possession?

And wow. If he *DID* still have it, and it is the murder weapon used to kill both men, and police were able to recover it, it would surely open a huge pile of hurt for DM... is that why MS said he f'd up? Had it been deemed to be his responsibility to get rid of the gun, but he failed to do whatever it was he was supposed to do, and now DM was in jail, and he figured LE was watching him, and he was freaked? It could potentially explain his seemingly large fear of someone being after him.. if the gun *was* found, and it could be attributed to more than one death, AND it could have some kind of association with the people who sold the gun, then he would be in big danger.

I'm getting carried away with my thoughts here, but..... just confusing on how these texts from Feb 2012 regarding a gun purchase are relevant in this case when we already know there had been 2 additional murders between the date of the gun purchase and the date of TB's murder, one of which would have hopefully/surely resulted in the gun having been confiscated. Perhaps more answers are still to come, the trial isn't over yet.

Still don't understand the point of the wood chipper. Anyone care to enlighten me ?

they stole one.......did you ever see the movie "Fargo"?

wood chipper makes fast work of 'evidence'

I was wondering about the orange guy too. Could be a pill. What about an orange tarp? It would go with the gloves and tape IMO.

ETA: I see that Inspector_North has the same idea!

Could DM know something we don't about using an orange tarp?

"McLellan said she didn't even need the orange goggles that she usually uses with a special laser to see the dark stains that field tests indicated were blood."

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/millard-smich-trial-jury-told-blood-evident-throughout-bosma-s-truck-1.2774481

... just confusing on how these texts from Feb 2012 regarding a gun purchase are relevant in this case when we already know there had been 2 additional murders between the date of the gun purchase and the date of TB's murder, one of which would have hopefully/surely resulted in the gun having been confiscated. Perhaps more answers are still to come, the trial isn't over yet.

RSBM
The details on this should be coming out in the WM trial, and possibly the LB. I believe that MS and DM each owned a gun, based on earlier evidence ... paraphrasing... MS said "DM got the one I wanted" or something to that effect. I would be surprised if WM death wasn't via a 3rd gun, DM could spin that "don't know where WM got that from"

my opinion only.

My theory to explain the confusion about the gun DM purchased from MWJ is that the Walther was, indeed, the gun that DM used to murder his father. Shot him in the eye with it. However, in order to set up the whole 'suicide' appearance for LE, he then took WM's shotgun, lined up the barrel with the mortal gunshot wound already inflicted by the WPK, and used WM's own hand to ensure the fingerprints found on that weapon were WM's, and fired. The wound inflicted by the shotgun would be larger than that of the .380, I assume. Once the scene is sufficiently staged, DM hides the WPK and anything associated with it, like a shell casing, and dials 911, claiming he arrived home and stumbled upon this tragedy. Sure, LE investigated, and an autopsy even resulted in suicide as the likely COD... but the investigation wasn't officially closed, IIRC. Even back then, someone involved in the investigation sensed something wasn't right. But they didn't have a clue that DM had access to a handgun that he would go on to use in yet another murder just a few months later (and very possibly had already used in a murder a few months prior to WM's death). All MOO, of course.

Someone was asking what happened with MW.....snooping on his insta.....he got 10 yrs. His friends tell the story, if you can relate to their language.

"Can u bring me gloves and tape and maybe an orange guy?"
It sounds like Smich was expecting to run a mission that night? And what's an orange guy? Could it be MDMA pills?

DM was wearing an orange shirt night of TB abduction and murder. Unsure if related, but could be he was asking for orange, such as a construction worker shirt, part of the camouflage walking along the roadway...??

my opinion only

...and to think DM's defense was making an issue early in the trial about a box falling out of the trailer, as police were towing it to forensics. Like that would be a deal breaker for the case!

Pillay now asking about the time on a cellphone being connected with the cellular network and automatic synchronization of the date and time.
by Adam Carter 3:15 PM

Harrison says we don't know when messages and photos were deleted from Millard's phone. Many messages we've seen have been deleted.
by Adam Carter 3:16 PM

Pillay is done, and Smich's laywers have no questions.
by Adam Carter 3:16 PM

Pillay has no more questions??? Wow. Shocking. smich's lawyers have no questions????? But then what could they possibly bring up to muddy the waters???? Their clients are guilty 100%. The evidence speaks for itself. mOO

Pillay has no more questions??? Wow. Shocking. smich's lawyers have no questions????? But then what could they possibly bring up to muddy the waters???? Their clients are guilty 100%. The evidence speaks for itself. mOO

can't imagine what they could possibly say for closing arguments......

um ya my client says he is not guilty. The end.

At this point, IF MS wants to save his hind quarters, he would have to take the stand.....JMO

Someone was asking what happened with MW.....snooping on his insta.....he got 10 yrs. His friends tell the story, if you can relate to their language.

Just checked out his instagram. Interestingly enough, Jan 2013 he posted a pic of a gun and zombie bullets beside it. :thinking: Could be where MS heard about them?

MOO

One of the reporters tweeted today that Dungey has been sick. (Wonder if that was from the disclosure?) But seriously, Dungey is the one lawyer I would expect to have the longest cross examination. Maybe he is saving the "booming and thundering" for CN and MM cross?

my opinion only

At this point, IF MS wants to save his hind quarters, he would have to take the stand.....JMO

I don't think he will, nor do I think it would make a difference, his damage is already done. He was there before, during and after, he is guilty, doesn't matter who pulled the trigger, who has the gun. He is done like Melon the Felon.

Unreal testimony today. Definitely looking like premeditation more and more, thus 1st degree for both parties.

That said, one thing I found very interesting, was MS complaining of a bad shoulder leading up to the murder(texts discussing his arm "coming out again"' pain, and thinking he needed surgery all sent on May 5th) asked me wonder , would he have been able to pull the trigger? Or was DM's plan for MS to pull the trigger, and this was MS's way out of doing the actually pulling himself. I recall TD trying to place the satchel on DM at the TB test drive, and my guess at the time was that he was implying that's where the gun was, thus taking it out of his clients hands.

End of the day, I feel like both knew what was going to happen that night, but MS is lucky enough to have much better representation, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up with second degree, because of TD's defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal