Bosma Murder Trial 04.19.16 - Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, that is a stretch. To say that he bought a gun in Feb 2012 for the purpose of stealing a truck... killing the owner.. which didn't happen yet, at the time he had the desire to 'off' one of his problems 3 months later, and then his own father, 9 months later.. he wouldn't have used the gun he had already bought, because it was purch'd with the purpose of stealing a truck, and so he had to buy one or 2 more for these newer jobs?

I have no clue, but I am curious now as to whether police *did* in fact confiscate the gun used to kill WM. If police thought it was a suicide at the time, would they have examined the gun, and asked for its ownership papers/license/whatever is involved in owning a firearm? One would imagine that would have been done? But if it *was* done, and the gun *was* confiscated, then why wasn't it determined right away that the gun was an illegally owned one, which would have opened up perhaps a more thorough investigation of the circumstances surrounding WM's death, perhaps even before his body had been released for cremation by the family. It makes me think that perhaps the police just took everything at face value, thought ya, rich guy, owned a gun, money issues, killed himself, poor son... didn't bother checking everything out, or even looking into the gun? If that were the case, then it could be possible that just over 5 months later, DM still had the gun in his possession?

And wow. If he *DID* still have it, and it is the murder weapon used to kill both men, and police were able to recover it, it would surely open a huge pile of hurt for DM... is that why MS said he f'd up? Had it been deemed to be his responsibility to get rid of the gun, but he failed to do whatever it was he was supposed to do, and now DM was in jail, and he figured LE was watching him, and he was freaked? It could potentially explain his seemingly large fear of someone being after him.. if the gun *was* found, and it could be attributed to more than one death, AND it could have some kind of association with the people who sold the gun, then he would be in big danger.

I'm getting carried away with my thoughts here, but..... just confusing on how these texts from Feb 2012 regarding a gun purchase are relevant in this case when we already know there had been 2 additional murders between the date of the gun purchase and the date of TB's murder, one of which would have hopefully/surely resulted in the gun having been confiscated. Perhaps more answers are still to come, the trial isn't over yet.

Okay let me try again. DM bought a gun in Feb 2012. At the time, he was starting to plan a truck theft with MS. He wanted to go to the Baja race in May 2012 and knew he wanted a Ram 3500 diesel for the trip. For whatever reason that trip didn't happen in May 2012 and they did not steal a truck. In Aug of 2012, MS appears to be holding the gun in a photo on his Ipad. I guess it's possible that DM purchased another gun in June/July 2012 for himself and gave the original Walther to MS. Or perhaps just told MS to consider the Walther his for the "missions".

If WM was found dead in Nov 2012, shot with an illegal gun that was left at the scene, then LE would likely assume that he acquired the gun himself to kill himself. Especially if no one in the family expressed to them that the idea of a suicide was something he would never do and they didn't press for an investigation. So there would be no investigation about where the gun came from and they likely would have just confiscated it and ran it against their files to see if it was used in another crime.

So if DM used the second gun he purchased in June/July 2012 to kill his father and it was confiscated, that leaves only one other gun available to use in the truck theft mission in May 2013. That would be the original Walther that he purchased in Feb 2012 and that MS may have considered "his gun" at that point.

And LB could have been killed with either gun...or neither. We won't know until her trial what the theory about her COD is.

MOO

[h=1]Tim Bosma Murder Trial: Dellen Millard buying a gun via text messages? | EXHIBIT #146[/h]
[video=youtube;nUZsvEflrtc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUZsvEflrtc&list=UUnsj4TU7mOQ-4l2HOaRekgA&index=1[/video]

What would have been the purpose of having SS remove the VIN from the red Ram then?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11m11 minutes ago
Kowalski: sweet

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 10m10 minutes ago
Now seeing texts with "Rabbit." Millard phone: "please get moving on selling your house. We must escape the hegemony of the banks..."

Millard phone: "please get moving on this. I don't think we have until 2014." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10m10 minutes ago
April 5, 2013. Millard and "Rabbit": Millard telling Rabbit to sell his house and build new one on Millard's farm...

Rabbit responds that he can sell his house and asks if he's considered selling the hangar. Millard says "of course!" #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 10m10 minutes ago
In a convo #Millard asks "Rabbit" to sell house to pay off hangar. Says Hangar has no short term value.

I gather we have clarified that Rabbit is MB? This whole exchange where he scolds her to sell her house for him irritated me. Is that her only house? What a brat! All of a sudden he refers to 'we' as in 'we don't have until 2014'. I assumed he meant himself and MB as 'we'. But he is not going to sell his house or his hangar. No mummy no! Those are MY toys.

Is building houses on his farm his golden carrot he dangles in front of people? (get your minds out of the gutter websleuths! :blushing:)

And nice 10 million dollar word 'hegemony'. How dare the bank have conditions for lending money! the nerve of them! Don't they know who DM is?

pure opinion.

Wonder if the text from MM to her sister saying" We're next." meant about marriage or arrest.

My theory to explain the confusion about the gun DM purchased from MWJ is that the Walther was, indeed, the gun that DM used to murder his father. Shot him in the eye with it. However, in order to set up the whole 'suicide' appearance for LE, he then took WM's shotgun, lined up the barrel with the mortal gunshot wound already inflicted by the WPK, and used WM's own hand to ensure the fingerprints found on that weapon were WM's, and fired. The wound inflicted by the shotgun would be larger than that of the .380, I assume. Once the scene is sufficiently staged, DM hides the WPK and anything associated with it, like a shell casing, and dials 911, claiming he arrived home and stumbled upon this tragedy. Sure, LE investigated, and an autopsy even resulted in suicide as the likely COD... but the investigation wasn't officially closed, IIRC. Even back then, someone involved in the investigation sensed something wasn't right. But they didn't have a clue that DM had access to a handgun that he would go on to use in yet another murder just a few months later (and very possibly had already used in a murder a few months prior to WM's death). All MOO, of course.

Much like the story of MB being out of town when the trailer was in her driveway, it seems like the whole "shotgun" thing may have been born out of speculation on online forums.

Apparently when the media went to the Maplegate home after DM's arrest and after LE had searched the home, there was a picture taken of the interior of the house and there was a "shotgun" pictured up against a wall. We have no idea if this was an actual shotgun or perhaps a pellet gun. WM was an avid animal activist. Can't see him owning a shotgun but who knows. Again, since this picture was taken 6 months after his death, if he had a license for a shotgun, why was it still in the home after his death and after his son had just been arrested?

I am certainly not a gun expert, and we have had a few on here whom I hope can help out, but I don't think there is a .380 caliber shotgun? So if WM was killed with a .380 caliber bullet to the head/eye, I don't think a shotgun would have passed for the weapon that killed him? And again, if he held the license for the gun, would LE not confiscate it once he was dead?

And then there is the other question....how do you shoot yourself in the eye with a shotgun? :waitasec:

So I do not think there ever was a real shotgun at Maplegate, at least not while WM was alive and living there. And I think that one picture that showed up in the media of what appeared to be a shotgun up against a wall in the Maplegate home is what sparked this whole "shotgun to the eye" story about WM's death.

Of course I could be completely wrong about this and we'll have to wait until WM's trial to find out the truth about the gun that killed him.

MOO

I don't think he will, nor do I think it would make a difference, his damage is already done. He was there before, during and after, he is guilty, doesn't matter who pulled the trigger, who has the gun. He is done like Melon the Felon.

In addition to life in prison, I'd like the two of them to be sentenced to a bare fist, fight-to-the-death, cage match, with Igor Tumanenko. See if MS can live up to the toughness of his rap lyrics, and if DM can digest that mission!

Yep, I'd pay some serious money to see that.

What's with the word "reach"? I've never heard that. What does it mean to "reach and chill"?
I just googled that for myself. Lol. The urban dictionary has" reach" being related to the game halo. Halo reach is a version of Halo.
Sounds like MM wanted to hang out at DM's place with Pedro and play Halo. . Moo

I just googled that for myself. Lol. The urban dictionary has" reach" being related to the game halo. Halo reach is a version of Halo.
Sounds like MM wanted to hang out at DM's place with Pedro and play Halo. . Moo

I've known it to mean similar to 'going' ie, someone says "are you reaching the club tonight" they're asking someone if they are going to the club tonight. I guess it's fun to make up new words so it sounds ridiculous lol.

I gather we have clarified that Rabbit is MB? This whole exchange where he scolds her to sell her house for him irritated me. Is that her only house? What a brat! All of a sudden he refers to 'we' as in 'we don't have until 2014'. I assumed he meant himself and MB as 'we'. But he is not going to sell his house or his hangar. No mummy no! Those are MY toys.

Is building houses on his farm his golden carrot he dangles in front of people? (get your minds out of the gutter websleuths! :blushing:)

And nice 10 million dollar word 'hegemony'. How dare the bank have conditions for lending money! the nerve of them! Don't they know who DM is?

pure opinion.

Yes. I'm a person who loves a good polysyllabic word when the moment calls for it, but DM's weirdly purple prose often leaves me rolling my eyes. We must escape the hegemony of the banks? This guy is an utter alien.

Someone on a prior page made a remark about finding out through Instagram that "MW" (I guess they mean MWJ?) got 10 years for something. Would this not be a matter of public record, or is it media ban?

(Not only am I in the US, my background is the newspaper industry in Florida, where we had "sunshine" laws, e.g. access to the press to public records. As such, I am usually baffled about what we're supposed to pretend we don't know in this case.)

they stole one.......did you ever see the movie "Fargo"?

wood chipper makes fast work of 'evidence'

Was a woodchipper ever mentioned by anyone as being one of this 'missions'?

I thought I was pretty well in touch with millennial slang (I work with a lot of them and I'm plugged into a lot of online culture/communities), but apparently I am too many steps removed from this particular wanna-be gangster demographic, so it's just gibberish. (But my eyebrows are on fleek.)

Was a woodchipper ever mentioned by anyone as being one of this 'missions'?

People have fixated on the wood chipper solely because of Fargo. It seems to me you'd have to be a moron to try to get rid of a body that way. Talk about DNA evidence, jeez. I kind of hate the Coen brothers for this whole aspect of the case.

And no, the wood chipper has never been a "thing", AFAIK. Could be wrong, though.

Still don't understand the point of the wood chipper. Anyone care to enlighten me ?

Makes as much sense as the maple trees. Maybe he wanted it to put his maple trees in?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Kamille
He also could just take the old red truck for the testing and then put the sticker on the stolen one. A missing VIN in the windshield is easy to pass off as the result of an accident or something. As long as it's still stamped in other areas he could get the testing on the original truck and get a sticker.

But I do know what you're saying. He only thinks of what he needs in the moment and deals with the other problems as they arise.

MOO

To get across the border and to be able to show ownership papers, not to mention if he was ever just pulled over for a traffic infraction. I don't think either the border guards or a patrol officer were going to look for a stamped VIN inside the engine to match the one in the windshield and on the ownership paper.

MOO

Sorry, I had thought you meant a missing VIN in the windshield in regard to the 'stolen' truck, but you meant.. take the red truck for etesting, get a sticker, put it on the stolen truck with the altered VIN in the windshield and travel to Baha... okay gotcha.

I think the fireworks unfortunately refer to the gun. and the Orange could also mean a shirt/hoodie or the tarp possibly.

Its been my impression that "Fireworks" refers to the embers coming out the top of an incinerator. An incinerator has a smoke stack which most of the fire/heat comes out of.

Its kind of like a camp fire. Sometimes your fire sparks and creates little embers that rise up in the air like a "firework".

In the case of burning a human body, you could imagine how the different parts will burn at different rates and times, creating moments of spectacular "fireworks". A video below of embers which resemble fireworks.

[video=youtube;iZ8NEL4pLSE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ8NEL4pLSE[/video]

If so, it would indicate a foreknowledge of the process. IMO

Just my observation.

Sorry, I'm missing how that relates to my confusion/question about how the Feb 2012 texts refer to the gun used in the 2013 murder.

There are plenty of guns for every victim. WM was killed by shotgun, not 9mm.
I think DM may have five fingered the wrong ammo for his own gun. It was good for MS gun though so he tells MS he lifted it for him? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal