Bosma Murder Trial 04.25.16 - Day 39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the Bosmas are holding up okay.

IMO everyone should be strongly and frequently thinking of the family of the victim Tim Bosma...especially if you are starting to feel sympathetic to Dellen's band of lying thieves and sycophants who are testifying.....save your sympathy for the true victims. Don't get it twisted.

Meneses says it's fair that she didn't want to know any more, because the truth would be too painful.
by Adam Carter 10:51 AM

More from her statement: "Go in. Like, just go in there and tell them you didn't do anything. Like, if you're hiding, you're going to be in more trouble than not hiding."
by Adam Carter 10:52 AM

"The truth is what you wanted to believe, right?" Sachak says. "Right," Meneses answers.
by Adam Carter 10:53 AM

Clever. I don't think we need to hear any more. This confirms what everyone believed to be true. What more do they need to know from this witness.

IMO everyone should be strongly and frequently thinking of the family of the victim Tim Bosma...especially if you are starting to feel sympathetic to Dellen's band of lying thieves and sycophants who are testifying.....save your sympathy for the true victims. Don't get it twisted.

IMO, like my response earlier today about a similar comment, just because some of us may have sympathy for MM or others, doesn't affect our sympathy for the Bosma family at all. It is possible to feel it for multiple people in multiple ways even in a trial like this.

Sachak makes a point to point out that the two went to an afterparty for the wedding, where they "laughed, drank and partied."
by Adam Carter 10:41 AM

"You were telling the truth to police in your nearly 4 hour statement?" Sachak says. Meneses says yes.
by Adam Carter 10:43 AM

"Yo wanted to really believe in your heart and your soul that Smich didn't do anything," Sachak says. "Yes," Meneses says.
by Adam Carter 10:44 AM

Yes her need for smich exceeded her conscience.

My sympathy is always and forever will be with the Bosmas. As for some of the witnesses, I just wish they had gone to LE when they morally should have. That might not have brought Tim back but it would have kept the Bosmas from searching and wondering a whole lot sooner.

I just keep remembering that MM thought MS "had been killed or something", yet, if she knew they were only stealing a truck, why wouldn't she have thought he 'had been arrested or something'?

IMO this may mean she was worried that he would shoot himself with his own gun given this was a new toy for him.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 11s12 seconds ago
Meneses made at least 7 statements to police and never mentioned the celebratory atmosphere in #Millard Yukon May 7 until on stand at trial

And the cross has only started. Not looking good for MM. MOO

Not looking good for Smich.

I just keep remembering that MM thought MS "had been killed or something", yet, if she knew they were only stealing a truck, why wouldn't she have thought he 'had been arrested or something'?

What this tells me is that she at least knew they were stealing a truck from an actual person--or maybe thought they got caught in the act by a homeowner.

Or, heck, I'm naturally an alarmist person, so I easily go to worst-case scenario when someone is unreachable.

Serious questions.

Is it also normal for someone abused like that to tell AM, DM and MS that stealing a truck was a stupid idea?
And also claimed to tell MS several times that selling the gun was a stupid idea?

Or text texts her abuser with the following tone?

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
"Liz is getting pick up at 9," Meneses writes. "Coming from where" "Holy S through (sic) you die or something. I was going f'ing crazy!"

I am not trying to be insensitive and I apologize if my requesting proof of abuse was way out of line. Have no experience in this area, and I heard from one poster that just asking to relive it was considered re victimizing.

Just very confused about her actions and claimed intent of actions.

MOO

Thats ok, most people don't understand this situation and probably never will unless you know someone or lived it yourself. To be honest, I questioned things for years. I didn't understand until after the trial and talking to her.

Telling him she loved him and was scared he'd died. Yes, normal to express love, I call that, looking thru the rosey glasses.
To say, please don't do something, I'm scared for you typically isn't means for a whack. That would have earned my friend a "mind yer business C***".
Threats to call cops, that's a big nono! Would have earned her quite a few lumps. Suspicion of cheating, earned her a beating. Threats to take kids after she was drugged, raped and beaten, earned her a near death. Didn't get him a plate of food at a family dinner, she got it when they got home. That's just a few of what she told me after court. Defense drilled me because things always "seemed" normal at family gatherings and accused me of lying due to that.

I guess what I'm trying to say, with examples. An abuser (in my friends case) usually hits the victim due to a threat or disrespecting comment, not a concerning comment. The abuse starts with little hits and escalates as time goes on. They get them something pretty to say sorry, then it happens again. My friend even still showed empathy for her abuser after the trial was over. I think the judge called it, Beaten woman syndrome. She told me as I wasn't there for Victim Impact statement.

I hear what you and others are saying and I agree to a point. I just wanted to tell how an abused women can think and that it's not fair to discredit MM on that. My friend did things to cover buddies AZZ as well. We don't know MM personally, so of course it's normal to question under the circumstances. It's been a tough trial to follow and so many half truths, it is tough to believe any of them. I get it.

Hope that helps answer some questions for you :)

I thought that as well. I still think MM knew exactly what happened by the 7th, and possibly knew what was going to happen on the 5th. I think its very obvious that she is being deceptive, so ask yourselves why? To protect Smich? Not likely. To protect herself?

Not another of Dellen Mallard's band of car thieves and sycophants on the stand with their half truths, memory gaps, i don't know why i didn't ask....i should have done this, I should have said that...I thought i was pregnant...it took me two whole years to get over him..... Of course I agree with you fully. She protected herself emotionally from the truth ..... because it would interfere with her plans to get married and live happily ever after.

Its certainly within their rights to challenge a witness' credibility, especially when every single one of them seems to be lying to minimize their own involvement. I believe both these guys are guilty, but they deserve the right to be tried on truthful testimony.

IMO they are all guilty and turning on each other which is typical. Lawyers doing a good job all round in revealing the whole bunch.

I am being as fair as anyone, Inspector_North. We are all pulling at the spider-web. The best way to sleuth with objectivity, is to step outside the box.

You forget, Sachek used the term: 'Horrific'. Not Meneses. Meneses has to decide in the moment to agree or disagree.
So every question, for every witness, they have to decide if it leans enough towards the truth, or more towards an untruth, even if they don`t like the language or the phrasing.
BD used the terms 'intimidating' and that Mark made him(BD) nervous.
Arthur has been described as ' Marks *itch'.

If it was just her,..I would question it more. I would be hard-pressed to believe her, actually.
Since we have at least 2 other people, pointing out that he is at the LEAST, a bully (which is a type of abuser) plus a murder charge, I think it`s safe to say he might of used some type of abuse to push her into things.
I also look at his own words via texts. Except for Dellen, everyone is a means to an end, for this guy.

When we have a lot of people hiding things, the only way we can begin to thread the truth, is to line up the consistencies. Everything else is unnecessary drama and bias. In my opinion, I see a consistant pattern of a guy who bullies and loves to use people.

I'm not trying to defend DM for his part in all of this, but why exclude him as being a means to an end for MS? He drove him around everywhere, gave him places to live, left his credit cards so they could buy food and things, bought him cigarettes, and after an innocent man is killed, all MS cares about is that he didn't get paid enough??? Well, that and getting the weed and gun back. JMO

Too bad it's too late to go back and get completely truthful testimony from AM, MH and SS.

IMO it would take a miracle to get that trio to do that. Or a team of lawyers and several IV's of truth serum. And even then I would not put my money on the truth.

It's not a crime to have knowledge of a crime. Even if she knew everything, she couldn't be prosecuted for that. So, huh?

Really??? It isn't a crime to have knowledge of a crime? Isn't that a crime of omission? Can she be prosecuted for not telling the whole truth?

Her text messages and her claimed interest in the Yukon conversation look like two different people. When MS got in touch with her, she asked what happened, and she thought he died or something. Yet, she didn't pay attention or inquire about the prolonged mission when she got into the Yukon?

MOO

This part I especially believe. I totally believe that when MS was in the company of DM, she was sub servant . I think MS pushed her aside when DM was around. DM had made it clear that he thought she was a baby. He idolized DM. For her to be too strong against that would mean trouble for her. I do believe she just sat back, played on her phone and waited till they were alone to talk. Now once that talk happened ?? She has testified that she was abused... I think she asked but knew when to draw the line with the questions. She would know how to "read" him by that point. This makes me very seriously sad for this young girl. This was a very young girl, swept up into what she thought was love, potentially worried/happy that she was pregnant, that had (in her mind) no Mom to go back to. The "family" that she now knew was suddenly being introduced to her as murderous! She had to be scared out of her mind. I am not saying in any way shape or form that she or any of the other "family" members should be excused for not doing the right thing and coming forward, but I can certainly see how this little one convinced herself that it just couldn't be possible of her man. This poor girl lived in fear disguised as love.

Didn't anyone find it odd that LE allowed MM to make a video directed to MS that basically told him what it was that she was telling them?

My gut feeling is she overheard and deduced a lot more than she is owning up to. At the time, I believe she was hanging on to what she considered a 'fun' lifestyle - free of parental control; lots of free weed and fun times; and visions of a loving husband, picket fence, and children. A selfish and very foolish teenager, I guess. Now she is being taken to task for those decisions.

She was not a child and foolish is a word that I feel is somewhat minimizing the seriousness of what she chose to be involved with. I am not buying into her at all. Not one little bit. I choose to focus on the victim's family. I am sure they are not feeling her either.

Didn't anyone find it odd that LE allowed MM to make a video directed to MS that basically told him what it was that she was telling them?

Now, yes, I found that weird! Maybe the LE was hoping it would get MS to talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member