Bosma Murder Trial 04.25.16 - Day 39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
Meneses agrees she thought it better not to know if her boyfriend was responsible for murder.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
She didn't want to know anymore than that.

"Knowing too much could mean Mr Smich killed Mr #Bosma...and you couldn't bear to know the truth," Sachak suggests. She agrees.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 5m5 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Millard Lawyer: Your bf had a tag name. Sayten. Meneses: Yeah. #Bosma

Sachak now asking about Smich's nickname--Say10 (Satan). #Bosma

SAY 10 was #Smich "tag" name. He drew art with the nickname. Associated with the name. #Bosma

Well, I'm pretty muddled on sisters now. :)

Logically it would make more sense that MS's sister would be mad, since the gun was in THEIR mother's house. But yeah, I also have a memory of the story being associated with MM's sister.

Hopefully someone will come along and clear this up. Maybe both sisters knew and were mad.

It was said that AS (MS's sister) went to EM's apartment and yelled at him about the gun.

IIRC during BD's testimony he said it was MS's sister.....I don't believe he was specific about WHICH of MS's sisters.....MOO Where was it said it was MM's sister? It could have been....I may have just missed it....

MS's sister AS who lived in Calgary and was here for the wedding

Can someone please tell me the significance the video games play with the trial...I understand they were "shooting/killing" games but, imo, these games dont make a player a killer. Perhaps I am wrong with that view point, and I should go dispose of all the video games my husband has.
MM on the stand today is taking yet another personal beating, my hope is that she finds herself a good therapist so she can move beyond these moments of her past.

Sachak: never at any point did your boyfriend say "Dell framed me." She agrees he did not. #Bosma

#Smich never told Meneses he was concerned #Millard was going to frame him.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
Smich did not tell her he told Michalski to meet Matt Hagerman. Or that he told AM to get the 'thing' from MH. Or that the 'thing' was a gun

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
#Smich never told her that he told Michalski to bring the "thing" that Hagerman had. Hagerman had a toolbox with a gun inside.

Sachak: Smich never told you the gun in the toolbox was his.
Meneses: no.
Sachak: first you're hearing of this?
M: yes.

#Smich never said the gun in toolbox was his. No. Sachak notes that Meneses seems very surprised at the suggestion.

Well, I'm pretty muddled on sisters now. :)

Logically it would make more sense that MS's sister would be mad, since the gun was in THEIR mother's house. But yeah, I also have a memory of the story being associated with MM's sister.

Hopefully someone will come along and clear this up. Maybe both sisters knew and were mad.

That was my understanding. I don't think the gun was ever taken to MM's sister's apartment when they were staying there. Not that I've seen discussed anyway. What I am struggling with is, if MS's sister knew about the gun, how is she not a witness? "How did you find out about the gun?" "Who told you about the gun and when?" "Did you know anything about the gun or if it was used?" etc. etc. etc. MOO

Sachak: Smich didn't tell you had bullets...or that he told Daly to go retrieve items from a drug store. (Again, she says no). #Bosma

Smich never told her 100% that it was Arthur who brought the items to him. #Bosma

He did tell her "****ed up." #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 4m4 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Millard rips a piece of paper off his notepad, continues to make notes #Bosma

Sachak suggests had he told her that with all the other info combined, it would've been "shattering." She agrees. #Bosma

Meneses didn't know #Smich had a gun or ammo.

"If he told you I f---ked up and the gun in the toolbox is mine, that would have really shattered you, right?" Sachak says. Meneses agrees.
by Adam Carter 4:08 PM

Sachak now going back and outlining all the things Smich said in what order about Bosma's disappearance.
by Adam Carter 4:11 PM

Meneses says Smich didn't know a gun had been used to shoot Bosma at the outset, and that she found that out from the news. "You were prepared to put up with his lies weren't you ... because of your infatuation with him?" Sachak says. Meneses says yes.
by Adam Carter 4:13 PM

That's it for today. We're back again tomorrow.
by Adam Carter 4:14 PM

It was said that AS (MS's sister) went to EM's apartment and yelled at him about the gun.

This would possibly mean that MM's sister (EM, right?) also witnessed this, so it could be how we're getting sisters confused. (Both sisters were rightfully irritated, IMO.)

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak: what he did tell you...1. Dell got the truck, I didn't do anything. 2. When news comes out #Bosma has died, he says he's 'gone gone'

...3. When news said he was murdered, He says he doesn't know anything about it. 4. He can't go to police bc of his sister's wedding...

...5. When she asked where the guy was, he said he didn't know. 6. Re: incinerator on news, he said he didn't do anything. Was just there...

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
...7. Smich never told you a gun had been used. She found that out on news.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 4m4 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Millard's lawyer is saying he's almost done for the day. He's been cross examining Meneses since 10 a.m. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Millard lawyer: When you said to him, 'you didn't do anything. Go to the police' he says he wants to go to his sister's wedding #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Millard lawyer: After he says Bosma is 'gone gone' you ask him where, he says he doesn't know. Meneses: Right #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak listing all the things Meneses was told by #Smich.

Millard lawyer: Smich never told you a gun had been used to kill Mr. Bosma. You found that out from the news. Meneses: Yes

Millard lawyer: you were prepared to put up with his lies, his deception, his manipulation, because of your obsession with him #Bosma

Sachak suggests she was prepared to put up with his lies, because of her infatuation with him. She agrees. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
You were prepared to put up with his lies, because of your obsession with him. Meneses agrees

Sachak is going to stop for the day. Says he might be done but may have a few more questions tmrw morning. #Bosma

Jury is dismissed. Back tmrw at 10 am. #Bosma

Can someone please tell me the significance the video games play with the trial...I understand they were "shooting/killing" games but, imo, these games dont make a player a killer. Perhaps I am wrong with that view point, and I should go dispose of all the video games my husband has.
MM on the stand today is taking yet another personal beating, my hope is that she finds herself a good therapist so she can move beyond these moments of her past.

I wouldn't worry about her. Something tells me she moved on long ago and is just fine with it.

The video game thing is a huge can of worms, and I work in the industry so it makes me nervous even getting involved in these conversations. But briefly: it sounds like the boys all played some very typical/very mainstream 'shooter' games. None of them were serious gamers (this was immediately apparent to me when I saw DM's shoddily-cared-for computers). About four bazillion people are on the 'Steam' video game service, including every one of the fifty or sixty people around me at work every day.

In short: no, I don't believe Halo or whatever made DM a sociopath. I don't think it made MS a lowlife.

I do find DM's Steam avatar with the eye shot out a bit chilling, because IIRC the time the avatar was changed/added lined up with WM being killed.

Otherwise, their gaming habits seem pretty unremarkable to me.

There is evidence that people who play violent video games are more inclined to become aggressive after playing them. However, the actual chances of someone committing violence after playing violent video games is dependent on the person themselves (like their upbringing, their personality traits possibly). Therefore, unless your husband is predisposed to violence or the video games are making him act unusually aggressive, no need to burn his video games.

IMO

Evidenced by: http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2015/08/violent-video-games.aspx

are they saying that MM just learned of the gun being used in the murder recently from the news? I am not understanding why they are not discrediting the fact that it was not released to the public until the trial..so how is it she is testifying she found out about the gun from the news and no one is jumping on it?

are they saying that MM just learned of the gun being used in the murder recently from the news? I am not understanding why they are not discrediting the fact that it was not released to the public until the trial..so how is it she is testifying she found out about the gun from the news and no one is jumping on it?

I guess in order to do that, they would have to prove that piece of information never appeared in any newscast or article. Same with her saying she learned about Millards arrest on the news, prove she didn't.

IIRC during BD's testimony he said it was MS's sister.....I don't believe he was specific about WHICH of MS's sisters.....MOO Where was it said it was MM's sister? It could have been....I may have just missed it....

I always was thinking MS had two sisters and thankfully you are also on this path. Does he have two or one - I want to know after 3 years thinking of 2??

(I remember one sister being at AutoTrader ...?)

She has been challenged on several things and they mostly resulted in her admitting it was a lie. She stated a very important observation on Thursday about their mood in the Yukon, and I was hoping her credibility would hold. If DM's defense team managed to make her look like a liar, I expect it will be benign compared to Dungey's cross. He may go easy on her, but you can be sure he will discredit her damaging accounts of MS. And in doing so, make the mood in the Yukon even that more questionable.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member