Bosma Murder Trial 04.25.16 - Day 39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, how much do you want to bet it was DM making sure his defense clarified that.

I find it a little odd that MM is giggling at times through her testimony. This is a murder trial. Her shy giggles? I am not buying into her schtick.

I don't doubt that Smich was capable of smacking her around, but I also don't doubt that she would lie about such things so as to have some sort of excuse as to why she followed him so devoutly. Not really believing much out of this girls mouth, and I think if enough cash was proffered, she could get the gun and Smich's phone by the end of the day.

Agreed in full.

I find it a little odd that MM is giggling at times through her testimony. This is a murder trial. Her shy giggles? I am not buying into her schtick.

Some people giggle or laugh when they are nervous. Was there not giggles in the court room as well? There's been a few of those throughout this trial at the expense of DM and MS.

Now this statement I might throw bricks at. She testified to abuse herself. That is proof enough. Too many people never believe the victim! Of course he would have some days he'd act good. That's actually a trait of a sociopath anyhow. MOO OMG.

I do not believe anything she says at this point. I will save my sympathy for the family of the victims who have to listen to her tales of heartbreak, possible pregnancy, abuse. She is not the victim here. The victim is Tim Bosma and the family who loved him and do not have him anymore who have to sit and listen to Dellen Mallard's band of car thieves and sycophants testifying and manipulating the truth. They have suffered enough without listening to MMs tales of woe.

She was not a child and foolish is a word that I feel is somewhat minimizing the seriousness of what she chose to be involved with. I am not buying into her at all. Not one little bit. I choose to focus on the victim's family. I am sure they are not feeling her either.

IMO, having sympathy for a witness who was a possible victim of an abusive relationship has nothing to do with siding with the accused. It's not a choice between her or TB. I feel extremely horrified by the murder and disgusted with the actions of the accused. However, MM is not on trial. While she might have some inconsistencies in her story, she hasn't even talked to MS in two years, and she's not exactly outside the court with FREE MS signs or handing out mark is innocent t-shirts.

AMOO

IMO, having sympathy for a witness who was a possible victim of an abusive relationship has nothing to do with siding with the accused. It's not a choice between her or TB. I feel extremely horrified by the murder and disgusted with the actions of the accused. However, MM is not on trial. While she might have some inconsistencies in her story, she hasn't even talked to MS in two years, and she's not exactly outside the court with FREE MS signs or handing out mark is innocent t-shirts.

AMOO

But it's so much easier to think of everything in dramatic black-and-white terms, while giving no consideration to context!

(Yep it's my bed time.)

Her abuse is not the focus, she is not the victim.....Tim Bosma and his family are. I urge people not to get this twisted. She IMO is attempting to manipulate and garner sympathy and i am not feeling it one little bit.

She did not start her testimony screaming that she was abused and asking for sympathy. It came out that he hit her after she was asked by the defence. She even said he wasn't amazing but he also wasn't terrible.

Her abuse is not the focus, she is not the victim.....Tim Bosma and his family are. I urge people not to get this twisted. She IMO is attempting to manipulate and garner sympathy and i am not feeling it one little bit.

She herself HAS expressed that THIS IS NOT ABOUT HERSELF a few times. In fact, the defense is running with the "horrific" abuse, not MM. She merily stated that MS was sometimes not nice to her (during Crown examination) In regards to his character and their relationship. She was asked, so she answered the question.

IMO everyone should be strongly and frequently thinking of the family of the victim Tim Bosma...especially if you are starting to feel sympathetic to Dellen's band of lying thieves and sycophants who are testifying.....save your sympathy for the true victims. Don't get it twisted.

Having sympathy for the folks in DM and/or MS's circle of friends doesn't negate any sympathy or compassion felt for the Bosma family. The two are not mutually exclusive.

I'm not trying to defend DM for his part in all of this, but why exclude him as being a means to an end for MS? He drove him around everywhere, gave him places to live, left his credit cards so they could buy food and things, bought him cigarettes, and after an innocent man is killed, all MS cares about is that he didn't get paid enough??? Well, that and getting the weed and gun back. JMO

Today, after all I have heard I think DM and MS are a standoff in their evil character.

(Hope that means in English what I want to say. :blushing: )

Yes. It is normal.

Some 'abuse' happens anytime the abuser feels like abusing.
Some abuse happens when 'the little woman' steps out of line. Treated like a child or a dog, who needs a reprimand.
MANY abuse situations happen as power-leverage and control during arguments and fights.
And what I see regularly, is crafty abusers, who are very good at twisting words and situations to make the victim feel like they brought it on themselves. They tear away at their self-esteem, until the person doubts every thought they have.

Much like Stockholm Syndrome,.... Many victims starts to see 'why' the abuser is the way they are, and try to fix them, or decide to forgive the abuse repeatedly. They sadly think they can give them the love they need. Or love them enough, that the abuse stops.

You're absolutely right. It's a vicious cycle and if you have low self esteem you get sucked in. He treats you horribly and you still want to please him and fix him. I know what this is like. When I was in my early twenties I was emotionally abused by a guy. Now that I look back I always replay those conversations and I can't believe I could let someone treat me this way. I can tell she was so lost because no one in their right mind would want to be around someone implicated in a murder. I can tell that she's moved on from this chapter in her life. But this will haunt her forever. However; this trial is about Tim Bosma and there is no excuse for knowing about a murder and not doing anything about it because her happily ever after would be ruined!

I simply don't get the concern surrounding the difference between 'happy' and 'celebrating'. One is an adjective used 3 years ago to describe mood; the other is a verb used 3 years later to describe how they were exhibiting happiness. IMO, when one is celebrating, they are happy. What'd I miss?

If true DM and MS were either happy, celebrating and bopping in their seats in the Yukon, perhaps all three, (as indicated by MM in her statements) over the fact they stole TB's truck, murdered and incinerated TB, obviously they were thrilled with their evil and disgusting deeds. Neither one seemed to be in shock as to what happened or tried to get away from the company of the other. IMHO they both need to be found guilty of first degree murder and need to be locked up in prison for at least 25 years. May they rot in hell. Regardless of what MM has to say or CN for that matter, the Crown has given enough solid evidence to prove they acted together, they premeditated to steal TB's truck, all the while likely knowing what TB's fate was going to be. They are both sickening . MOO.

Justice is coming Tim. My condolences to the Bosma family and loved ones who are sitting in the courtroom listening to parade of lies and cover ups from those trying to protect their own arses instead of doing the right thing in order that justice be served for TB. Shame on these lying deceitful witnesses. You know what they say about Karma... ALL MOO.

FYI for those that thought it was MM's sister. This could be why.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 39s39 seconds ago
Mark asked him for help with weed and gun while at his sister's apartment. #Bosma

as for why she knew.

Maybe her knowledge was not of the gun, but included it in her demand.

"That was probably what triggered him asking me to get rid of it. I think his sister was telling him to get rid of anything he had," Daly says.
by Adam Carter 2:48 PM

or

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 3m3 minutes ago
Arthur messed up the tool box job. He told his mother. Smich was confronted by his mom. She yelled at him in Russian. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?304507-Bosma-Murder-Trial-04-06-16-Day-31/page3

MOO

I meant Andrea (MS' sister) and I remember vague Arthur's mother coming over to MS' mother's home to yell at MS re the gun. Maybe, MS' mother plus sister learned of the gun because of that. Okay now, I understand.

Didn't anyone find it odd that LE allowed MM to make a video directed to MS that basically told him what it was that she was telling them?

Not odd at all IMO. Investigator will and can do this sort of thing. They didn't ask her to lie did they? "Please just tell the truth, I told them what I know." Again not odd at all. MM and LE just wanted the truth from MS. In Rafferty's interrogation, TLM was brought into the interrogation room with the hope Det. Smythe could crack MR and make him talk and to tell the truth. The detectives were trying to get the truth out of the accused. Nothing more. I see no hidden agenda. MOO of course.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15h15 hours ago
She provided a statement to police. Also a short videotaped statement that was directed to Smich.

"The purpose was that Mr Smich would watch you on video making a plea," he says. "Correct," she says.

In it, Sachak reads, she says to him: "hi baby I love you." She agrees she said that.

"Please just tell the truth...I told them what I know," Sachak continues reading. Again she agrees she said that.

"You owe it to me and to this family," it continues. She was his family, she agrees. She wanted to marry him and have a child. Yes.

"I love you & I miss you...ill be waiting for you," she finishes. "I'm going to get a pregnancy test, I'll tell you if I'm pregnant or not."

"I love you I love you so much. I'm sorry your stupid friend got you into this situation," her video statement continues.

"I hope you're ok and I hope you never forget me. Love you," video statement continues.

I'm not trying to defend DM for his part in all of this, but why exclude him as being a means to an end for MS? He drove him around everywhere, gave him places to live, left his credit cards so they could buy food and things, bought him cigarettes, and after an innocent man is killed, all MS cares about is that he didn't get paid enough??? Well, that and getting the weed and gun back. JMO

Not excluding him in the grand scheme, just in a particular context - MS and DM had that brotherly love-thing going on. It's the only texts/communication I have seen a hint of something human. Outside of that small snip in time, they were equal opportunity users and abusers.

This part I especially believe. I totally believe that when MS was in the company of DM, she was sub servant . I think MS pushed her aside when DM was around. DM had made it clear that he thought she was a baby. He idolized DM. For her to be too strong against that would mean trouble for her. I do believe she just sat back, played on her phone and waited till they were alone to talk. Now once that talk happened ?? She has testified that she was abused... I think she asked but knew when to draw the line with the questions. She would know how to "read" him by that point. This makes me very seriously sad for this young girl. This was a very young girl, swept up into what she thought was love, potentially worried/happy that she was pregnant, that had (in her mind) no Mom to go back to. The "family" that she now knew was suddenly being introduced to her as murderous! She had to be scared out of her mind. I am not saying in any way shape or form that she or any of the other "family" members should be excused for not doing the right thing and coming forward, but I can certainly see how this little one convinced herself that it just couldn't be possible of her man. This poor girl lived in fear disguised as love.

Totally in agreement here. IIRC when DM and MS were on the way to pick her up a text from MS sharply said be ready in 5 min or they were leaving. I'm sure that MM had already thought she had pushed enough of MS buttons and would just be quiet.

Totally in agreement here. IIRC when DM and MS were on the way to pick her up a text from MS sharply said be ready in 5 min or they were leaving. I'm sure that MM had already thought she had pushed enough of MS buttons and would just be quiet.

I'm curious to know if CN got the same treatment by her boyfriend when MS was around.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
"He hit you. He called you names. He called you his *****." Ya. Meneses sighs. In front of others. Humiliating.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
"Pretty humiliating to be called his *****, to be assaulted," Sachak says. "Right," she says. #Bosma

^ that's what we've got on that. Wait for the news articles for clarity, I guess?

If you are saying the fact that he called her his b---h in front of friends amounts to abuse, I disagree. When you consider that these people were all willingly living the gangsta lifestyle and using the gangsta lingo, that word isn't as defamatory as it sounds. People in that lifestyle commonly refer to their woman as their b---hes, it just means girlfriend from what I understand. It's kind of like when one of these guys calls another their ni--er. It's not an insult or racist, it means friend.

I'm sorry people, what I see is a streetwise punk doing her best to minimize her participation and possibly lying to justify the fact that she did nothing to stop this.

Consider her testimony that she begged Smich not to go, then ask yourself how many missions he'd been on and how many of those shed tried to talk him out of. The reason is obvious, at the very least she knew Smich was going to use his gun to acquire that truck. It's just as possible that she knew the full extent of the plan.

So let's ignore the fact that this girl comes wrapped in the guise of a sugary sweet high school girl shall we? The truth is that when she was fully aware of her bf's cold blooded murder of TB, she was more interested in getting her hands on that pound of weed, and "what else?" She was there for the planning, she was there for the coverup, and she was obviously ready to share in the spoils of the crime, so why isn't she facing charges?

Not odd at all IMO. Investigator will and can do this sort of thing. They didn't ask her to lie did they? "Please just tell the truth, I told them what I know." Again not odd at all. MM and LE just wanted the truth from MS. In Rafferty's interrogation, TLM was brought into the interrogation room with the hope Det. Smythe could crack MR and make him talk and to tell the truth. The detectives were trying to get the truth out of the accused. Nothing more. I see no hidden agenda. MOO of course.

She provided a statement to police. Also a short videotaped statement that was directed to Smich.

"The purpose was that Mr Smich would watch you on video making a plea," he says. "Correct," she says.

In it, Sachak reads, she says to him: "hi baby I love you." She agrees she said that.

"Please just tell the truth...I told them what I know," Sachak continues reading. Again she agrees she said that.

"You owe it to me and to this family," it continues. She was his family, she agrees. She wanted to marry him and have a child. Yes.

"I love you & I miss you...ill be waiting for you," she finishes. "I'm going to get a pregnancy test, I'll tell you if I'm pregnant or not."

"I love you I love you so much. I'm sorry your stupid friend got you into this situation," her video statement continues.

"I hope you're ok and I hope you never forget me. Love you," video statement continues.

I remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member