Bosma Murder Trial 04.27.16 - Day 41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great observations.

I'm now wondering if the charges against her were just a scare tactic by LE for her belligerence. They might have known they really had nothing on her that would stick, but did it because she was being difficult and to try intimidate her into saying more.

I'm also now thinking that if the rest of her testimony goes as today, the Crown may wind up withdrawing charges before her trial even though she still has not been cooperative. She may have been counselled by her lawyer to believe the charges against her are a pure bluff.
IMHO, we may be very surprised when TD gets up, after all, he's representing DM's right hand man, yet DM gets CN to help him that night? If it was the DM/MS show, why wasn't MS in there helping cover up the evidence? The way I see this is just as we've seen with other witnesses, the Defence can come at the witness from a much different direction than the Crown. They can ask those leading questions. I'm also confident that DM has shared stuff with MS that CN isn't aware of- "cue kleenex box". CN may be leaving the court house today thinking that she was in 100% control, but IMO, the real stuff hasn't started: the letters, the phone calls from her phone to MH and the dropping the tool box off.

I do believe that they have enough to get her on Accessory after the Fact charges. It would defy logic to think that all a person would have to do is get up on the stand and declare a huge lapse of memory and get off on charges. IMHO, TD is not going to let CN go unscathed while his client goes to jail for life. MOO

All I can think is *if* DM is somehow actually innocent in this, wouldn't he have been talking to CN about what he is being set up for or confiding in her instead of avoiding her questions? If I was on the jury I would be thinking "hmm. If this DM guy is innocent, why won't he answer any questions to his own girlfriend about what was going on?".

Also, the Crown probably figured it would be pulling teeth to have CN on the stand but by having her up there they can introduce the letters from DM as evidence, so that alone probably makes her stupidity worth it.

MOO.

and as others have said: her evasions make him look guilty, he is placed with the truck and incinerator ...

BBM
<modsnip>

This testimony has me rethinking MS. I don't think any higher of him and in my mind he was involved....but my mind has shifted a bit here...I see DM being the planner and the trigger puller. Clarity is coming out of her testimony for me. MOO
I'm agreeing. Especially with his legit messed up shoulder has me wondering.

and as others have said: her evasions make him look guilty, he is placed with the truck and incinerator ...
MS was panicked and told MM a ton. DM says nothing at all. Hmmmm

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

IMO, CN's mom possibly wanted nothing to do with being there today but due to the bail conditions, one of CN's parents has to be with her at all times if she isn't at home or school.

IMHO, we may be very surprised when TD gets up, after all, he's representing DM's right hand man, yet DM gets CN to help him that night? If it was the DM/MS show, why wasn't MS in there helping cover up the evidence? The way I see this is just as we've seen with other witnesses, the Defense can come at the witness from a much different direction than the Crown. They can ask those leading questions. I'm also confident that DM has shared stuff with MS that CN isn't aware of- "cue kleenex box". CN may be leaving the court house today thinking that she was in 100% control, but IMO, the real stuff hasn't started: the letters, the phone calls from her phone to MH and the dropping the tool box off.

I do believe that they have enough to get her on Accessory after the Fact charges. It would defy logic to think that all a person would have to do is get up on the stand and declare a huge lapse of memory and get off on charges. IMHO, TD is not going to let CN go unscathed while his client goes to jail for life. MOO

I thought her testimony so far is helping MS. Along with the point you make about this being DM's show to clean up, there is also MM's testimony that MS only wanted the pot, and was surprised to be saddled with the murder weapon. MS is guilty of lots, but so far I am still open to more on the plan to murder. Right now I only got MS photos sent about furniture and sausage that show premeditated murder.

MOO

I thought her testimony so far is helping MS. Along with the point you make about this being DM's show to clean up, there is also MM's testimony that MS only wanted the pot, and was surprised to be saddled with the murder weapon. MS is guilty of lots, but so far I am still open to more on the plan to murder. Right now I only got MS photos sent about furniture and sausage that show premeditated murder.

MOO

I'm quite sure DM did all the planning (premeditated), but with MS' knowledge. MS went along anyway, with that knowledge. Guilty, right?

Noudga: can't remember when her phone was stolen but knows she averages 1.6 phones a year. Lol

York Regional should issue her a retroactive seatbelt ticket just because she kind of sucks.

CN and MB brainstorming so early on about damage control (trailer as a Mother's Day gift*) makes you go Hmmm about some early posts/posters.

(*Dungey team, are you out there? Wonder if DM was in the habit of giving lavish Mother's Day gifts? I'm thinking not.)

I'm just catching up now and I don't know if I can keep going without punching walls. This is insane. CN is flat out lying!!!!!

Great observations.

I'm now wondering if the charges against her were just a scare tactic by LE for her belligerence. They might have known they really had nothing on her that would stick, but did it because she was being difficult and to try intimidate her into saying more.

I'm also now thinking that if the rest of her testimony goes as today, the Crown may wind up withdrawing charges before her trial even though she still has not been cooperative. She may have been counselled by her lawyer to believe the charges against her are a pure bluff.

Yes , could very well be a pressure tactic by LE .... CN lawyered up early in this case and maybe refused to talk to police at all .... so maybe they laid charges to scare her into talking .... which obviously has not worked so far.

Unless the jailhouse letters contain some blockbuster information that implicates her ... but at this point all she has to do is say DM is a proven liar trying to save his own hide by writing fictional letters .

I am thoroughly disgusted by Noudga's act today in court. Smug and giggling!!! The poor Bosma family. I am almost at a loss for words. Almost at a loss, because her testimony did help the Crown's case in proving Millard is guilty. Though, I think at this stage there is more than enough evidence for 1st degree murder for both of them.

Just reading up but forgot to post this other tweet from Mark Carcasole:

Mark Carcasole &#8207;@MarkCarcGlobal 5h5 hours ago
Justice Goodman now explains to jury that Noudga's answers here cannot be used against her in the [...] trial, where she also faces charge

it must be hard for Justice Godman to say that without choking. :/

Mark Carcasole &#8207;@MarkCarcGlobal 6h6 hours ago
Justice Goodman now explains to jury that Noudga's answers here cannot be used against her in the Babcock trial, where she also faces charge

kimmiecue &#8207;@kimmiecue1 1h1 hour ago
@MarkCarcGlobal is this a mistake? I don't recall she was ever charged in the Babcock trial?

Mark CarcasoleVerified account
&#8207;@MarkCarcGlobal
@kimmiecue1 Yea sorry I was typing and listening at the same time, made an error.
3:00 PM - 27 Apr 2016

University or not, it would seem that she is quite intelligent. Morally bankrupt, perhaps.

Intelligent? You can solve the Rubics cube by pealing off the stickers and resticking them where they need to be.

I assume all of the MSM tweets referring to CN hiding 'the camera' they mean the DVR?

Surely typing and listening at the same time is what crime reporters do in court. :rolleyes:

I don't agree on a couple of counts.

The "Mother's day present" was brainstormed as an idea between CN and MB after DM's arrest, she said.

It's hard to believe that creaky floorboards would be such an urgent issue that DM would drive at night to solve it. Why not address that when he first discovered the floorboards were creaky when he moved the incinerator in there? Why a midnight mission?

He probably drove the pickup right into the barn on the creaky floorboards to hitch the incinerator. I doubt that it was right in the doorway. Remember that the hay had been removed because it was a fire hazzard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste