Bosma Murder Trial 04.28.16 - Day 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 30s30 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
Crown needs to make an application. Jury and Noudga sent from the room. #Bosma #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 22s23 seconds ago
Jury dismissed for lunch. They'll return at 2pm. Legal arguments underway now. #Bosma

Ok, so I guess that clears up whether the Crown had thus far been treating her as a hostile witness (no, apparently).

Colin Butler @ColinButlerCBC
Crown doesn't seem to be making headway. Crown says it will make a hostile witness application before jury excused for lunch. #Bosma

There are currently 205 users browsing this thread. (73 members and 132 guests)

And I'm guessing a combined blood pressure of 'stratospheric'.

Wonder how many note pads MS's D team has gone thru. I have no idea how she's going to keep her lies straight under cross examination. IMHO, it will be impossible for her and there's absolutely nothing she can do at this point to prevent the inevitable- she's already set the stage. Yes, she may believe that she's a step ahead of the Crown- she may be confident because she's got her lawyer in there with her, but at the end of the day, the only thing she can remember with any accuracy are the MS phone calls- and IMHO, that's grounds for a full blown war from TD. MOO

I think it might even give some ammunition to the MS was framed defense.

Wonder if we'll see MS taking the stand? It could be the difference of life in prison to a lesser charge.

Noudga does remember that Millard's mother was driving a Prius.
by Adam Carter 11:54 AM

Noudga says she picked up the chequebooks from Millard's home, and cash Millard had lying around "for emergencies." She thinks it was somewhere between $3,500 to $6,000.
by Adam Carter 11:55 AM

While "brainstorming," the two "came to believe" the truck might be in the trailer. She says they didn't look at any media because it was "too disturbing."
by Adam Carter 11:56 AM

No words.

Noudga does remember that Millard's mother was driving a Prius.
by Adam Carter 11:54 AM

Noudga says she picked up the chequebooks from Millard's home, and cash Millard had lying around "for emergencies." She thinks it was somewhere between $3,500 to $6,000.
by Adam Carter 11:55 AM

While "brainstorming," the two "came to believe" the truck might be in the trailer. She says they didn't look at any media because it was "too disturbing."
by Adam Carter 11:56 AM

I am behind so this might have been said. Neither of them called the police?!?! This makes me sick.

I am behind so this might have been said. Neither of them called the police?!?! This makes me sick.

Nope. They checked into a hotel, drank some wine, brainstormed about tampering with evidence, tampered with evidence, then drank more wine.

At least the "Mother's Day gift" narrative has disappeared today.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6m6 minutes ago
"Then we thought the media's going to be here, so we moved to a hotel." She says a lawyer told her that. Judge warns not to talk of lawyer.

She was in touch with a lawyer late at night, instantly after hearing DM was arrested for truck theft and forcible confinement? If I knew nothing and wasn't involved, I wouldn't think to contact a lawyer about what I and DM's mother should do. MOO.

No words.

Its odd that MB really doesn't seem shocked. She has just been presented with the idea that her son may be a murderer and her first notion is to go wipe her prints off the trailer?

Again, I'm very much doubting this testimony. I believe they went back to wipe Dellen's prints off the trailer.

I'm a bit confused. Is the Crown asking her about a date on her letters to DM, or a date on her notes that they found in her bedroom?

She was in touch with a lawyer late at night, instantly after hearing DM was arrested for truck theft and forcible confinement? If I knew nothing and wasn't involved, I wouldn't think to contact a lawyer about what I and DM's mother should do. MOO.

Maybe they contacted a lawyer for Millard?

ok so what does making an application for presenting her as a hostile witness do? Does her testimony mean nothing to the jury? What exactly does it do to the case? Does it have any repercussions for her?

I'm a bit confused. Is the Crown asking her about a date on her letters to DM, or a date on her notes that they found in her bedroom?

I believe that was from a letter. And I don't think there was an actual date written, just an event which the lawyer thought would help her remember.

Interesting that Noudga and Burns did not discuss over email, text, or phone, and insisted the meeting be in person. Probably because they both had some knowledge, and new any means, but in person, could mean they could be tracked, traced, or incriminate themselves. MOO

Yep, they were acting like criminals.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 7m7 minutes ago
"It was both of us. We were like yeah we should go back wipe down the areas and then come back. And that's exactly what happened." #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 7m7 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Noudga and Millard's mother decide to go back to the trailer, and wipe off their prints #Bosma #TimBosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 7m7 minutes ago
"My biggest concern was holy ****, we touched the trailer. We r drawn into this mess. We go back and wipe everything down" @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8m8 minutes ago
So timeline: She gets to Madeleine Burns's house late on May 10, around midnight. That's when she learns of arrest. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 7m7 minutes ago
"We should wipe down the areas that we touched." She doesn't have a timeframe for this. Leitch walks her through it. Early May 11.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 7m7 minutes ago
Into early hours of May 11 now. When they go back to Kleinburg to wipe the prints, she says it is dark outside. #Bosma

Guess they drove back to the Kleinberg pi$$ed drunk, from the "copious" amounts of wine they consumed.

Its odd that MB really doesn't seem shocked. She has just been presented with the idea that her son may be a murderer and her first notion is to go wipe her prints off the trailer?

Again, I'm very much doubting this testimony. I believe they went back to wipe Dellen's prints off the trailer.

I am shocked MB is not on the stand..why did they not subpoena her? She tampered with evidence. WOW just WOW

Interesting that they wonder if Bosma's truck is in the trailer but not Bosma himself? That would be my first concern!

That is a very good point! Unless they already knew what had happened to TB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321