Bosma Murder Trial 05.09.16 - Day 46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought for sure MB would testify. I wonder if when she found out the details of WMs death, she cut herself off from DM?

I'm shocked MB isn't testifying. I figured since she hasn't attended court up til now she would be called as a witness for the defence. Makes me wonder what her relationship is REALLY like with DM at this point in time.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6m6 minutes ago
Jury is being called in to the Tim #Bosma murder trial now. Expecting Crown to close and defence to elect to call evidence or not.

So today we may learn if accused killers Mark Smich and Dellen Millard will testify. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 7m7 minutes ago
Thomas Dungey up to make a couple clarifications about evidence the jury has heard. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 6m6 minutes ago
Dungey is telling jury his client Smich agrees he had a hurt left shoulder in May 2013, & he had a no-contact order with "Arthur"

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 6m6 minutes ago
The first is that Mark Smich's shoulder injury (that Marlena Meneses testified about) was to his LEFT shoulder. #Bosma

Thomas Dungey clarifying two points to jury: Smich's left shoulder was hurt; Smich had contact with "Arthur" about joint charge they faced.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 7m7 minutes ago
Tony Leitch says the crown's case is closed. #TimBosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
Tony Leitch says the Crown is closing its case. #TimBosma #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 6m6 minutes ago
Crown has closed its case. Dellen millard w not testify. Will not be calling any evidence. @AM900CHML

The Crown announces they have closed their case. #Bosma

Millard's lawyer says he will call no evidence. Dellen Millard will not testify. @CHCHNews #TimBosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 7m7 minutes ago
Millard will not testify. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 7m7 minutes ago
Leitch says Crown's case closed. Pillay says no evidence will be called. That means Millard will not testify. #Bosma Jury sent out.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 7m7 minutes ago
Jury is out. We wait to see what mark smich will do. @AM900CHML

Jury steps out for a few minutes before we find out whether Smich will testify. #TimBosma

Ravin Pillay announces that Dellen Millard will not be testifying. They are calling no witnesses. #Bosma

Taking a quick break now. Jury asked to step out. #Bosma

Adrian Humphreys ‏@AD_Humphreys 7m7 minutes ago
Dellen Millard's lawyer has informed the jury that his client will NOT be testifying at the Tim #Bosma murder trial.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 7m7 minutes ago
Millard's lawyer Ravin Pillay just told the court that they are calling no witnesses. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt

Seems anti-climatic after all this, but to be clear: Dellen Millard will not testify and his defence team is calling no evidence. #Bosma

We're waiting to learn what Mark Smich's intentions are in terms of calling evidence. #Bosma

Also the 2nd clarification Dungey made (jumping back) is that no-contact order Smich breached w friend Arthur related to a mischief charge.

Suddenly it feels as though the end is in sight for this very long trial. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
Court now in recess for 15 minutes. Afterwards, we expect Smich will be put to his election, and say whether or not he will testify. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
Trial started Feb. 1. There have been more than 100 witnesses and 166 exhibits. And it has been three years since Tim #Bosma was murdered.

So no witnesses to call. Hmmm...so unless TD elects to call her, that would mean MB is NOT a witness and could have come to the court to support her son. But she didn't. MOO

I thought for sure MB would testify. I wonder if when she found out the details of WMs death, she cut herself off from DM?

I've been saying it for a while, I really think that MB left the country as soon as CN was arrested so neither side could subpoena her. JMO

I am very surprised at DM's defense decision. It makes sense but I didn't expect that.

Whyyyyy. Why does MB get off Scott free? I'm fuming over this. This just sets a very bad tone in society that you can cover up your child's wrongdoings and walk. I don't understand

All comments are JMO unless stated otherwise

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
Waiting now to learn whether Dungey will be calling witnesses (including Smich himself). #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
Next steps: Smich will elect to call evidence or not; precharge conferences between Justice Andrew Goodman and lawyers to craft his charge.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
Closing addresses to jury; charge to jury; jury sequestered and deliberations begin. #Bosma

The fact that Millard is not going to put on any sort of defence just shows what a piece of *advertiser censored* this guy is. Why would he put the Bosma family through all this? He was aware of all this evidence in advance, he knew he'd be found guilty, and he still made the Bosma family sit through this agony for 3 months. What a monster.

Really? They can't advise him not to? I thought they could? So basically he does what he wants? I can't imagine him listening to advise now. He hasn't thus far

They can advise him but you said his lawyers probably didn't let him testify. The choice is 100% Millards.

I wasn't expecting DM to take the stand but I thought they'd have someone to call.

Me too. I never thought he would testify, but it's really a surprise to me they are not calling anybody to testify on DM's behalf. Maybe no one -except CN- is prepared to say anything positive about him on stand?

The fact that Millard is not going to put on any sort of defence just shows what a piece of *advertiser censored* this guy is. Why would he put the Bosma family through all this? He was aware of all this evidence in advance, he knew he'd be found guilty, and he still made the Bosma family sit through this agony for 3 months. What a monster.

Couldn't agree more! Like I get it if he had something profound to say in his defense, a trial would be necessary. But you're right, only a monster would do this to that family. Interested to see what Smich does.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Defence does not have to prove innocence. Crown has to prove guilt. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Judge's charge to jury: judge instructing jurors on how to arrive at verdict. Often involves decision tree.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 36s36 seconds ago
That was a lot of news in a matter of minutes, wow. Update to come on http://thespec.com #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214