Bosma Murder Trial 05.09.16 - Day 46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shocked MB isn't testifying. I figured since she hasn't attended court up til now she would be called as a witness for the defence. Makes me wonder what her relationship is REALLY like with DM at this point in time.
She is looking for a pair of antlers to decorate his cell.

I thought for sure MB would testify. I wonder if when she found out the details of WMs death, she cut herself off from DM?

You give her too much credit. They aren't calling her because they know she's a terrible witness for them. The crown and Dungey will eat her alive.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
Next steps: Smich will elect to call evidence or not; precharge conferences between Justice Andrew Goodman and lawyers to craft his charge

what does this mean?

Next steps: Smich will elect to call evidence or not; precharge conferences between Justice Andrew Goodman and lawyers to craft his charge

what does this mean?

SC was asked and this was her reply....not sure it's much clearer for me....but take from it what you will...

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago

Judge's charge to jury: judge instructing jurors on how to arrive at verdict. Often involves decision tree.

Me too. I never thought he would testify, but it's really a surprise to me they are not calling anybody to testify on DM's behalf. Maybe no one -except CN- is prepared to say anything positive about him on stand?

Character witnesses come later .. during the sentencing phase.

what does this mean?

I believe that means meetings for the judge to develop his charge to the jury- he gives them direction about the charge, how to deal with their being two accused who could receive different verdicts, etc.

I was at least expecting character witnesses. But then again, other then his rabbit, not too many friends and family left to even give him that.
One thing is for sure, his biological uncle who raised him for several years was not an option. Just sayin.MOO

I thought for sure MB would testify. I wonder if when she found out the details of WMs death, she cut herself off from DM?

I honestly thought she would as well. But most of us have been saying it all along - what defense could these idiots possibly have other than trying to point the finger at each other.

I don't think Smich will testify either. Hard to believe today it's finally over, no more trial to follow each day. Bittersweet knowing justice will finally be here for the Bosmas

I suppose we could still see MB, as a character witness, if she's still in Canada

I just went for a walk and wasn't sure what to expect when I got home and checked on the trial. This surely wasn't what I expected but I am happy.

Maybe DM thought he would get up there but the more people testified and the evidence was shown to the jury he realized his goose was cooked.

Character witnesses come later .. during the sentencing phase.

If thats the case, why didn't she show up in court for support? Something tells me she rolled on him in either the WM or LB investigation and is cooperating to avoid accessory charges.

We're still in a recess, Justice Goodman hasn't come back in yet.
by Adam Carter 10:29 AM

When asked if Dungey could call DM's Mom as a witness and why she hasn't been in the courtroom....

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 59s59 seconds ago
That is possible.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 58s58 seconds ago
Well, we just learned Pillay isn't calling evidence about 5 minutes ago. And yes, Dungey could call her.

I suppose we could still see MB, as a character witness, if she's still in Canada

Character witness. My son ate dog biscuits in school. Had no real friends. Liked to buy people around him (which he learned from me, Mommy dearest) .. I could go on

Adrian Humphreys ‏@AD_Humphreys 9s10 seconds ago
Dellen Millard won’t testify in his own defence at Tim #Bosma murder trial; still waiting to hear about Mark Smich:

She's in between the frying pan and the fire. Does she provide a positive character testimony on behalf of the person who allegedly murdered her husband?

So if the defences doesn't call any evidence do they still make a closing statement or only the Crown will?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214