Bosma Murder Trial 05.09.16 - Day 46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Dungey would know ahead of time whether DM's defense team was going to present any evidence/witnesses etc? Did he just hear it for the first time? Could TD change his plan on the fly? Seems to me DM is done like dinner and there is an opening for MS to testify and present a one-sided version. This is going to be fascinating either way. MOO

I think a lawyer like Dungey had 2 plans in place. Just a backup. Seems like the type of guy you'd want on your side. JMO

Court now back in session.
by Adam Carter 10:41 AM

Trial evidence will continue this Wednesday, Justice Goodman says. Defence evidence will start then. The jury won't sit until then.
by Adam Carter 10:41 AM

Smich's lawyer Thomas Dungey says Smich will call evidence.
by Adam Carter 10:35 AM

Dungey did not specify who exactly he will call -- just that they will call witnesses.
by Adam Carter 10:36 AM

Who else is dying for Mark to get on the stand and tell all?????????

IMO, Dungey has shown outrage during cross (I know that's his role) and I want to believe that he convinced MS to tell the truth about that night so the Bosma family will not be wondering for the rest of their lives.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 59s59 seconds ago
Court now back in session. #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 57s57 seconds ago
#TimBosma jury has been sent home until Wednesday morning, when Mark Smich's lawyers Tom Dungey & Jennifer Trehearne start their case.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 36s36 seconds ago
Jury back. Justice Goodman explains he has been discussing scheduling. Trial evidence will continue Wednesday morning with defence evidence.

Goodman reminds the jury they haven't heard any defence or his final charge. "You are not to make any final determinations or conclusions until all that is complete," Goodman says.
by Adam Carter 10:42 AM

That's for us now until Wednesday, May 11.
by Adam Carter 10:43 AM

TD "No Ravin, as a gentleman, I insist, you go first"
RP and NS went first, decided not to call evidence, now they cannot change their mind.

TD just sent an RPG into DM's defense team.

I think he will call MS's friend Arthur. He is a big player when it comes to the gun in the toolbox being picked up so why haven't we heard from him?

I guess that is another question of mine. Does the Crown get first choice of witnesses or is it just whoever subpoenas the witness first gets them?

I think a lawyer like Dungey had 2 plans in place. Just a backup. Seems like the type of guy you'd want on your side. JMO

Absolutely! I care nothing for his client, but I do admit to a sneaking admiration for Dungey. I just knew he'd put up a fight. He's going after a lesser charge for Smich, and he might just succeed.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1m1 minute ago
Jury called back for Wed. Opening of defence for mark smich. @AM900CHML

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Judge warns the jury not to come to any conclusions until the case is complete. #TimBosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Trial evidence will continue this Wednesday, Justice Goodman says. Defence evidence will start then. The jury won't sit until then. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Judge instructs "you are not to make any final determinations or conclusions" until all the evidence is in. Jury is excused. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
The jury has been excused until Wed morning when Dungey will begin to call his evidence. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Justice Goodman cautions them not to make any conclusions at this point until they've heard all the evidence. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 57s58 seconds ago
That's for us now until Wednesday, May 11. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt

When asked about reaction from DM or his defense team....

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago

Millard has taken some long hard looks at Smich. But that isn't unusual. #Bosma

Goodman reminds the jury they haven't heard any defence or his final charge. "You are not to make any final determinations or conclusions until all that is complete," Goodman says.
by Adam Carter 10:42 AM

That's for us now until Wednesday, May 11.
by Adam Carter 10:43 AM

Or his final charge????

You know what's great about this from the other side? (I know it's horrible for the Bosma family) but Millard gets to stew about this until Wednesday.
CN jumped to try to save his a$$ by saying nothing, and Smitch will hopefully spill it all. I realize he'll be spinning it in his favour but either way I hope they are both
GONE GONE GONE!!!!!!!

Character witnesses come later .. during the sentencing phase.

Not sure I agree with this. My assult trial, the defense called 2 character witnesses on the a-holes defense. Not that they helped him much but that's all defense presented during the trial, not at sentencing. The victom impact statements are done at sentencing though.

Maybe something about his busted shoulder? JMO His doctor?

Well, wow. DM's defense sure did him loads of good, didn't they?

As for TD and who will be called, I'd love to believe MS has actually told his lawyer the truth about what happened that night and TD is going to put him on the stand to lay it out, once and for all. One would think, if one KNOWS their client is a murdering piece of garbage, they'd genuinely have no defense (oh, hi Millard, how are you?). But one would also think, if their dumb client just happened to be along to steal a truck and never shot anyone, then that defense attorney would want to make sure the jury heard that.

I know it's a lot of wishful thinking but I know many of us here never believed MS pulled the trigger in the first place. I guess we'll find out beginning Wednesday where TD plans to go with this.

It is a beautiful, sunny, warm, spring day today and tomorrow in SW Ontario so I am sure the jury will be happy to enjoy those instead of being in court.

do anyone know where MB is? last seen? house occupied?

Hopefully this will clear up whether MS is simply a slightly more sympathetic cold blooded murderer than DM, or whether he has any defence to his charge.

thoughts on this anyone? Why did Dungey get to make clarifications? Was this an opening statement? And I understand emphasizing the shoulder injury....but why the breach of the no contact order with Arthur?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 53m53 minutes ago
Thomas Dungey up to make a couple clarifications about evidence the jury has heard. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 51m51 minutes ago
Thomas Dungey clarifying two points to jury: Smich's left shoulder was hurt; Smich had contact with "Arthur" about joint charge they faced.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 51m51 minutes ago
The first is that Mark Smich's shoulder injury (that Marlena Meneses testified about) was to his LEFT shoulder. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 49m49 minutes ago
Also the 2nd clarification Dungey made (jumping back) is that no-contact order Smich breached w friend Arthur related to a mischief charge.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 52m52 minutes ago
Dungey is telling jury his client Smich agrees he had a hurt left shoulder in May 2013, & he had a no-contact order with "Arthur"

The fact that Millard is not going to put on any sort of defence just shows what a piece of *advertiser censored* this guy is. Why would he put the Bosma family through all this? He was aware of all this evidence in advance, he knew he'd be found guilty, and he still made the Bosma family sit through this agony for 3 months. What a monster.

Yes, total sicko monster to have done this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust