Bosma Murder Trial 05.09.16 - Day 46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What personally irritates me about it being brought up that MS has previous charges and DM has none is that, in reality, looking at it chronologically, DM allegedly had already committed 2 others murders and not been caught yet. So he *technically* had a worse criminal record than MS at the time.

I wish the trials could be done in order of death, LB, then WM, then TB. As it stands in this trial, imagine if by some crazy chance DM wasn't convicted because of his "clean" record and the jury isn't allowed to consider the other charges. Yet in a few years he could be convicted of the two other murders.

IMO, I definitely understand why the Bosma trial is first but I wish it could be done in order of offences. It would provide a truer picture for the jury of exactly who DM was at the time of this murder compared to who LE thought he was.

All MOO of course.

To hear that DM was shocked and mad when MS's defence said they will call evidence, speaks volumes to me.

In DM's letters he seemed so angry that his "friends" would speak up and say anything at all and not just keep quiet. Will MS be the last of DM's entourage to open his mouth in this trial and say things which DM would hope would never come to light?

What personally irritates me about it being brought up that MS has previous charges and DM has none is that, in reality, looking at it chronologically, DM allegedly had already committed 2 others murders and not been caught yet. So he *technically* had a worse criminal record than MS at the time.

I wish the trials could be done in order of death, LB, then WM, then TB. As it stands in this trial, imagine if by some crazy chance DM wasn't convicted because of his "clean" record and the jury isn't allowed to consider the other charges. Yet in a few years he could be convicted of the two other murders.

IMO, I definitely understand why the Bosma trial is first but I wish it could be done in order of offences. It would provide a truer picture for the jury of exactly who DM was at the time of this murder compared to who LE thought he was.

All MOO of course.
Technically yes you're correct. However the jury isn't allowed to take any of that into consideration which is why I think it's being brought up so much.

All comments are JMO unless stated otherwise

I don't see how a left shoulder injury really helps MS (unless he is left handed). Just because he sat behind TB initially during the test drive does not mean that he stayed there.

i wonder if a doctor had seen him yet or if it was only an upcoming appointment.

Totally agree. He could have moved over one seat and TB would have likely had no idea, or concern.

All MOO of course.

MS was also charged in LB's murder......and the only reason either of them was charged (IMO) in WM and LB's murder was because the investigations were reopened bc of TB.......I think they are prosecuting in order of when charges were laid......MOO

Totally agree. He could have moved over one seat and TB would have likely had no idea, or concern.

These two haven't yet failed to amaze me in their stupidity (oh, you actually DID plan a murder with your multi-contact burner phone but kept your own cell phones on you...etc.) but I still struggle with the idea of shooting in close quarters in an enclosed vehicle. There is something about that that should - SHOULD (with normal people at least) unnerve an inexperienced shooter for fear of ricochet, noise, error, something. I think that's one of the reasons TD's implication of DM shooting TB from outside the vehicle through an open window feels kind of compelling.

MS was also charged in LB's murder......and the only reason either of them was charged (IMO) in WM and LB's murder was because the investigation was reopened bc of TB.......I think they are prosecuting in order of when charges were laid......MOO

I know they are prosecuting in the order charges were laid.

I am just saying, in a perfect world, it would be nice to have the charges go to trial in order of offence date. It would paint a clear picture of who the person charged really was at the time.

MS was also charged in LB's murder......and the only reason either of them was charged (IMO) in WM and LB's murder was because the investigation was reopened bc of TB.......I think they are prosecuting in order of when charges were laid......MOO

And perhaps most likely in order of when the investigations are complete and ready to try, which may of course flow from when the charges were laid.

And perhaps most likely in order of when the investigations are complete and ready to try, which may of course flow from when the charges were laid.

They also seemingly have years of text messages and imessages and possible they found the ipad she was lent cause I doubt MS or DM would be smart enough to get rid of it.

Probably because Smich and Arthur were jointly charged with an offence and both ordered not to speak to each other, and at the time the order for DM was made CN was not charged with anything. Perhaps this is important to MS because Arthur will be a witness that MS was not expecting a gun? TD may be taking pains to distance MS's contact with Arthur from the kind of contact DM had with CN that was directly intended to manipulate the truth by pointing out that the breach between MS and Aruthur related to a different and much less serious case.

What offence were MS and Arthur jointly charged with?

Whyyyyy. Why does MB get off Scott free? I'm fuming over this. This just sets a very bad tone in society that you can cover up your child's wrongdoings and walk. I don't understand

All comments are JMO unless stated otherwise

I'm just logging in after reading on CBC that DM is not testifying, so not caught up at all, but want to add emphatically that I agree with your question - how is MB not being held accountable for her actions? And along the same vein, why was there no charge to DM for breaching his no-contact order??

I hope that the Bosma's are feeling some sense of closure as the Crown's case concludes.

Loader only require you to push and pull little levers.

Somebody had to move him from the from seat, to the back of the pickup. Also, its quite likely that TB was loaded in to the incinerator at the farm where I don't think they had a loader.

The funny (not haha) thing is if one didn't know about LB's murder, and MS being charged with it along with DM, one could absolutely see how MS accidentally got caught up in Tim Bosma's murder and convict him of a lesser charge.

scary thought.

I'm just logging in after reading on CBC that DM is not testifying, so not caught up at all, but want to add emphatically that I agree with your question - how is MB not being held accountable for her actions? And along the same vein, why was there no charge to DM for breaching his no-contact order??

I hope that the Bosma's are feeling some sense of closure as the Crown's case concludes.

Charged for what? Getting the letters to and from Millard? Are you sure she did that and not a lawyer? Wiping prints from the trailer? Can you prove she knew what was in it?.

They really had nothing on her. I agree with you about her character, but thats life.

The funny (not haha) thing is if one didn't know about LB's murder, and MS being charged with it along with DM, one could absolutely see how MS accidentally got caught up in Tim Bosma's murder and convict him of a lesser charge.

scary thought.

Ive said the same thing several times. We have to remember that the jury can't consider a lot of stuff that we know. Makes a huge difference sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485