Bosma Murder Trial 05.11.16 - Day 47 - Smich Defence commences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does this matter? I really don't get people's hang up with this dog.

Well, I suppose I'm a little surprised anyone would bring a dog to either a test drive OR a murder, that's all. Either one makes little sense. I'm not sure I agree that I'm "hung up" about it.

It doesn't matter though, no.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 16m16 minutes ago
Millard makes a u-turn, Smich follows, they turn onto trinity road. #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 15m15 minutes ago
Smich says he followed the #TimBosma truck Millard was driving. "As we're proceeding, (sigh) he just kept driving until he pulls over"

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15m15 minutes ago
"We just keep driving until he pulls over on the side of the road. And I stopped behind him," Smich says. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 15m15 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich says he followed Millard, until he pulled over on the side of the road. #Bosma #HamOnt

Then Millard pulls over to the side of the road and "I just pulled in behind him" #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16m16 minutes ago
Dungey asks if this was part of the "scoping" plan. Smich says no. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16m16 minutes ago
"We just kept driving until he pulls over on the side of the road." Not part of plan. "Dell does random things."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 16m16 minutes ago
"he pulls over and I pull up behind him." Dell does random things, Smich says.

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 16m16 minutes ago
Smich says Millard was doing random things that he wasn't told about #Bosma @CTVNews

None of t was in the plan, Smich said. He didn't know what to think. #TimBosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 16m16 minutes ago
Ws this planned?? "No" smich says. "The plan was to scope it. And take it when it was rightm we just kept driving."

"Dell does random things. I just took the hint...I knew there was no one else in the vehicle," he says (re: getting in Yukon). #Bosma

Alex Pierson 1m1 minute ago
He was cleaning a phone. Did a u turn. "I was scared" jury now seeing video of trucks in dark at bob cat dealership. Bosma phone was fnd.

MM testified that DM and MS were excited and happy the next morning with the mission success. I call BS on MS testimony.

Smich says the intention was to "scope it" and then potentially steal it. "That was the plan."
by Adam Carter 12:18 PM

"We go there, we park on the side of the road near the residence," Smich says about the Bosma house. On a side road.
by Adam Carter 12:19 PM

They were in Millard's Yukon.
by Adam Carter 12:19 PM

He says Millard's dog pedo was also there, but no other people.
by Adam Carter 12:20 PM

FINALLY. Hoping this means no more "I wonder who the 3rd person was" posts...

Yeah. I expect there's going to be a lot of pushback against MS's testimony later tonight in the thread, but so far it has the ring of truth.

Of course, MS still didn't go to the police.

Well that's the thing about MS testifying. We will now get DM's version of the story via his attorney in his suggestive cross exam questions. And I'm sure it'll be the complete opposite. So we'll be no further ahead really.

MOO

"I don't want to say what his thoughts were." "This was not part of the plan."

"I don't want to say what his thoughts were," Smich says he had no idea what Millard was thinking. "This was not part of the plan, before."

"I'm not sure what was going through his head," Smich says. "This was not part of the plan before." #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 16m16 minutes ago
"I am not sure what is going through his head... this was not part of the plan before." Smich about Millard. #Bosma @CTVNews

Dungey asks how long they were driving before they pulled over. Smich says "not sure exactly but it was a sudden stop." #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 16m16 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
'It was a sudden stop' Smich tells the jury #Bosma #HamOnt

"It was a sudden stop." Smich can't recall how long they drove for.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 16m16 minutes ago
"He pulled over. I pulled up behind him. I didn't know what was going on his head. It was a sudden stop" @AM900CHML

It was a sudden stop after some time of driving, Smich says. #TimBosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 17m17 minutes ago
Smich says they drove for a while and then a "sudden stop." #Bosma @CTVNews

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 17m17 minutes ago
It was a sudden stop, Smich says. He seems to think #TimBosma got suspicious there was no other "friend" who got lost finding Tim Hortons

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17m17 minutes ago
Dungey asks was it 5 mins? 10? Half an hour? Smich can't recall. He's "not at all" familiar with that area. #Bosma

"A sudden swerve off to the side of the road. I pull over behind him."

"Like a sudden, swerve off the side of the road. I pull over behind," Smich says.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 17m17 minutes ago
Millard is shaking head. Agitated. "It was a sudden swerve off the side of the rd. I pulled over behind him" @AM900CHML

Smich says there was a "sudden swerve off to the side of the road...I pull over behind." #Bosma

Smich pulls over behind. "I didn't know what we were doing next." #Bosma @CTVNews

Dell gets out of the vehicle and proceeds to walk toward the Yukon, and he was putting what looked to be a gun in his satchel."

The video is still playing. I believe the allegation is that what Smich just testified is what's happening in this video, but it can't really be seen.
by Adam Carter 12:48 PM

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 17m17 minutes ago
Smich says he pulls in behind, Millard gets out and he walks to the Yukon and he was putting a gun in his satchel. #TimBosma

Smich; "Dell got out of the driver's seat and proceeds to walk toward the Yukon, and he's putting what looked like a gun in his satchel."

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 17m17 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich: Dell gets out of the vehicle, out of the driver seat. He walks towards the Yukon. He was putting a gun into the satchel. #Bosma

Smich says Millard got out of #Bosma truck and was putting a gun into his satchel and came back to SUV. @CTVNews

Millard was wearing the satchel. We have seen pictures. Smich asked him what was going on. His window was open.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 17m17 minutes ago
"Dell gets outof the vehicle. The drivers seat and he proceeds to walk over to the Yukon and...

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 15m15 minutes ago
Smich got out, got into the Yukon and followed them. #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 15m15 minutes ago
Smich got into Yukon. Keys were in cupholder. Pedo in car. Says he didn't know this was a plan

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 15m15 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich says he got out of Bosma's truck, and got into the Millard's truck. He says he was following behind. #Bosma #HamOnt

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 15m15 minutes ago
Millard asked Smich to get out of #Bosma truck to follow in their waiting SUV. So he could follow them @CTVNews

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 15m15 minutes ago
"Then when we pulled up there Dell looked over at me and says why don't you guys come and follow us

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15m15 minutes ago
He started the vehicle and followed the truck. Dungey asks if this had been planned out. Smich says no. #Bosma

I wonder if Tim Bosma noticed MS get into the drivers side? And this raised suspicions.

Smich says his window was open. "I asked him what was going on," he says. "He said 'I'm taking the truck.'" #Bosma

Smich said Millard was walking to the vehicle, he said 'I'm taking the truck' #Bosma #HamOnt

Smich says he asked what's going on, Millard said he's taking the truck, gets a flashlight from the Yukon. #TimBosma

He says Millard reached into back of Yukon, grabbed a flashlight. #Bosma

Millard told him "I'm taking the truck," and reached in and grabbed a flashlight. Smich got out to follow.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 17m17 minutes ago
...he appeared to be putting a gun into his satchel. He was wearing it. I asked him what's going on."

Anyone remember the link to the YouTube video of when they stopped in front of bobcat Brantford?

So if we're to believe MS, DM shot Tim Bosma somewhere between Book Rd. and the Bobcat dealership. While he was driving, and MS was following in the Yukon. I think I'll go throw up now. :(

Smich got out and followed him and saw a bullet hole in the window and #TimBosma laying head first on the dashboard.

"That's when i seen a bullet hole in the window, and Mr. Bosma's head,"

"I saw a bullet hole in the window and Mr. Bosma laying again head first against the dash board." Smich #Bosma @CTVNews

Smich says he got out, followed. "That's when I saw a bullet hole in the window and Mr #Bosma lying head first on the dashboard."

Smich walked to Bosma's truck. He saw a bullet hole, and 'Mr. Bosma leaning forward on the dash' #Bosma #HamOnt

#TimBosma family all sobbing now. Smich says he was in disbelief. "I said, what the F is going on?" Says Dell didn't look like normal

I'm not buying this. I think there are elements of truth in MS testimony, and perhaps he wasn't in the truck when DM shot Tim, but of course MS is not admitting that he knew the plan was to kill Tim (whatever the details of that plan might have been) and I don't believe that. His faltering explanation for the change of clothes stuck out for me. I wonder what his weak excuse is for the fireside furniture and sausage pictures. Although the jury can't consider it, I sure don't forget that he is going straight to trial for the murder of LB.

Not buying it either. I think he knew the plan, even if he wasn't actually there when TB was killed. Or wasn't he? You know DM is going to suggest that as soon as they pulled somewhere past the Super Sucker, MS randomly shot TB and then DM panicked, backtracked and picked up the Yukon. (the video of the truck going back and forth in front of the Super Sucker) From there they headed towards Brantford, pulled over to discuss what to do about the body etc.

MOO

MS said there was a hole in the window, right? But where was the casing found? I thought it was in the truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RLP