Bosma Murder Trial 05.11.16 - Day 47 - Smich Defence commences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 19m19 minutes ago
Smich finished with the plates and saw Millard wiping off a phone. Millard told him everything would be ok, just follow me. #TimBosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 19m19 minutes ago
"He said, everything is going to be alright, just get in the vehicle and follow me." Smich about Millard after shooting #Bosma @CTVNews

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 19m19 minutes ago
After they switched plates, Millard was wiping off a phone. Smich says he was freaking out. Millard told him to follow. Forcefully

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 20m20 minutes ago
Dungey asks about his tone. "He was very forceful at first. It didn't change much as time went on." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 19m19 minutes ago
"He was telling me not to worry because I was shocked, panicked," Smich says.

"He was very forceful in his tone" Smich says. "It did not change much as time went on." #TimBosma

I wonder if Tim Bosma noticed MS get into the drivers side? And this raised suspicions.
I too wonder how this was explained. Oh our friend is lost... He's around the corner. MS jumps out and into the Yukon but no other person with them. It had to raise suspicions IMO

Sorry, that came across harsh - I think today's testimony is irking me more than I realized. I hope the Bosma's can feel all the hearts going out to them right now.

An upside to all this dog-talk is that this does add validity to the hangar video.

I can't even imagine - I am sitting here, glued to twitter in tears. It's heartbreaking.
I'm behind with the tweets, apologies.

I can't even imagine - I am sitting here, glued to twitter in tears. It's heartbreaking.

"He just said, I'm taking the truck and goes and grabs some stuff from the back. When I got out, I walked around, and I seen a bullet hole in the window and Mr. Bosma laying with his head against the dashboard."
by Adam Carter 12:57 PM

We're now breaking for lunch.
by Adam Carter 12:57 PM

We're back at 2:15 p.m.
by Adam Carter 12:58 PM

Did MS make any mention of actually hearing the gunshot?

Not buying it either. I think he knew the plan, even if he wasn't actually there when TB was killed. Or wasn't he? You know DM is going to suggest that as soon as they pulled somewhere past the Super Sucker, MS randomly shot TB and then DM panicked, backtracked and picked up the Yukon. (the video of the truck going back and forth in front of the Super Sucker) From there they headed towards Brantford, pulled over to discuss what to do about the body etc.

MOO

I'm finding Dungey's MS' testimony about DM looking "possessed" and like a "lunatic" to be a bit over the top. Seems a little too coached to feed into the general opinion that DM is a monster. And we're to believe MS is not.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19m19 minutes ago
"He was telling me not to worry because I was shocked. I was panicked." #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 19m19 minutes ago
"I was panicked, i was shocked and I didn't know what to do. It wasn't part of the plan." Smich. Millard says"Don't worry." #Bosma @CTVNews

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 20m20 minutes ago
"He was very forceful in his tone at first," says Smich. Smich very calm on stand. Millard taking notes, looking down.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 20m20 minutes ago
When Smich said this wasn't the plan, says Millard told him not to worry about it. "I felt I had no choice. I was scared," Smich says

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 20m20 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich: I felt like I had no choice, I was scared #Bosma #HamOnt

Smich says he felt like he had no choice (but to listen). "I was scared." #Bosma

Here's the problem with his story. Millard says "You guys follow in the Yukon", insinuating that his Tim Horton's pal is in the truck. Smich knows this is not true and isn't sure whats going on, so he plays along. But he doesn't have the keys and he doesn't question Millard about it. He wouldn't have expected Millard to leave the keys in the cupholder, so for all he knew he was walking towards a locked truck while his pal pulled away. I call BS.

And at 12:19, only four minutes off ;)

So, if the whole "meeting a friend at Tim Hortons" story wasn't planned or even mentioned until DM, MS, and TB were alone in the truck, then why was that piece of information all over social media within days of TB's disappearance?

I think you're getting two things mixed up.

Millard hit the brakes, and said his friend couldn't find Tim Hortons and he was around the corner. Then they drove around the corner.

This was Millard's excuse as to why they were turning a random corner. Presumably the 'friend at Tim Horton's' story had already been delivered in front of Sharlene.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 20m20 minutes ago
" I was in utter/complete shock. There is no word to describe it.I said WTF is going on. It was crazy. Looked like something came over him"

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 20m20 minutes ago
"I felt like I had no choice" Smich says. "I was scared." #TimBosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 20m20 minutes ago
"I felt like i had no choice. I was scared." Smich after he claims Millard shot and killed #Bosma @CTVNews

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 20m20 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Millard is taking notes, at his desk. He's keeping his head down. #Bosma #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 20m20 minutes ago
"I felt like I had no choice. I was scared," says Smich. Dungey wants to show court a video. Sharlene very emotional. #Bosma

Dungey is showing a video clip we've seen earlier in the trial (during Michael Plaxton's testimony). #Bosma

So, if the whole "meeting a friend at Tim Hortons" story wasn't planned or even mentioned until DM, MS, and TB were alone in the truck, then why was that piece of information all over social media within days of TB's disappearance?

I think that was in the driveway. Sharlene heard the convo. When he was reported missing that was one of the details.

I believe it was said in the presence of SB and WDB, but it was after they were alone in the truck the story changed to "friend couldn't find Tim Hortons".

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 20m20 minutes ago
Dungey playing video jury has seen. Outside Bobcat dealer in Brantford. Two vehicles pulling up at night.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 20m20 minutes ago
"I told him this isn't how it's supposed to go down. He was loud and forceful. He told me to get the plates" @AM900CHML

Jury now seeing video from a Brantford bobcat dealership taken the night of #TimBosma's murder.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 19m19 minutes ago
This is security video outside the hangar. Jury has seen it before. Very blurry.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 19m19 minutes ago
"I had never seen him like this." Smich says he didn't know DM had a gun. No mention of it. Wasn't supposed to go down like that.@AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19m19 minutes ago
This is the surveillance video seized from Bobcat of Brantford. #Bosma

FINALLY. Hoping this means no more "I wonder who the 3rd person was" posts...

I never thought "they" would carry out the murder so close to TB's home. The timeline didn't really allow for them to go to the hanger and return and get the SUV. Thus the 3rd person theory.

Jur now seeing video from a bobcat dealership in Brantford taken the night #TimBosma was murdered.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 19m19 minutes ago
Sorry, this is video from Bobcat company in Brantford. Can see trucks, then hear bang.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 18m18 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
We're watching very blurry security footage. 8:50 p.m, May 6, 2013. We've just seen two sets of headlights pass through the frame. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 19m19 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Jury has seen this video before. #Bosma #HamOnt

"No one had ever been harmed during these things. Nothing. Never. I was freaking out. He said it wld be alright to follow him. @AM900CHML

"No one had ever been harmed during these things. Nothing. Never. I was freaking out. He said it wld be alright to follow him. @AM900CHML

I'm finding Dungey's MS' testimony about DM looking "possessed" and like a "lunatic" to be a bit over the top. Seems a little too coached to feed into the general opinion that DM is a monster. And we're to believe MS is not.

I'm torn. On the one hand it's easy to picture DM killing in fairly cold blood. On the other, we've seen his melodramatic side (courtroom behavior and purple prose).

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 18m18 minutes ago
Smich and Millard watching video. Very intense in courtroom right now. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 18m18 minutes ago
Smich looks over at the jury as the video plays.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 18m18 minutes ago
He was cleaning a phone. Did a u turn. "I was scared" jury now seeing video of trucks in dark at bob cat dealership. Bosma phone was fnd.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 18m18 minutes ago
Thankfully they are surrounded, as they have been since day one, by all their friends and family. #BosmaArmy #HamOnt

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 18m18 minutes ago
Very emotional for Bosmas. Several family members have left. @AM900CHML

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 17m17 minutes ago
Still watching video. Can hear a pin drop in courtroom.

According to SB and WD, neither saw that satchel on DM. That's something that's hard to miss on a man. Hard to believe this one.

MOO

I thought they said they didn't remember if he was wearing one? In any case, he's definitely wearing it in the hangar video, so he did have it with him that night.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 17m17 minutes ago
Millard looking across courtroom at Smich who is watching video. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 16m16 minutes ago
The video seems to go on forever. When we first watched it we listened over and over after being told there was a bang. Hard to hear.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 17m17 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
The blurry security footage continues to play, with soft whirring of audio. A brief, much-needed pause from testimony #Bosma #HamOnt

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16m16 minutes ago
The video is still playing. The courtroom is absolutely silent save for the clicking of keyboards. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 16m16 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Mary Bosma, who rushed out of the courtroom crying as Smich began detailing the test drive, has not returned. #Bosma #HamOnt

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15m15 minutes ago
Millard is writing notes. #Bosma

Nauseated, and still not convinced that MS did not, at the very least, know the 'plan'. IMO he is attempting to tailor his testimony to the evidence.

Going for a long walk now - lunch is out of the question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RLP