Bosma Murder Trial 05.11.16 - Day 47 - Smich Defence commences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 4m4 minutes ago Vaughan, Ontario
Smich 'After seeing him like that, I was just trying to pretend like everything was normal, even though it was not.' #Bosma #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
"I wanted to pretend like everything was normal, even though it was not." #bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
"After seeing him like that, I was just trying to pretend that everything was normal. When it wasn't." #TimBosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 4m4 minutes ago
Was so exhausted no conversation happens. His shoulder is "in pain"' gets in touch w DM. "I had so many thought going through my head''

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 4m4 minutes ago
Smich on Millard "After seeing him like that... i was just trying to act like everything was normal." #Bosma @CTVNews

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
"I just had so many thoughts in my head." Smich says. "I was trying to pretend like everything was normal even though it was not" #TimBosma

If deliberations for the jury take a long time I think it will be to do with MS. DM, IMO, is a slam dunk guilty of 1st degree. MS, well, his testimony may make it a lot harder to decide what to convict him of.

Which I guess is a question I have. If DM is convicted but the jury can't come to a unanimous decision about MS, does MS get his own separate trial later?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
Smich says he was concerned, scared, frightened, felt threatened. Says he was confused. #Bosma

Smich 'I was concerned, I was scared, I felt threatened' #Bosma #HamOnt

"I was concerned. Frightened. I felt threatened. I didn't know what to do at that point. I was confused."

"I was concerned, I was scared, I was frightened, I felt threatened. I didn't know exactly what to do at that point. I was confused."

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 5m5 minutes ago
Smich "I was frightened, scared, I felt threatened" by Millard. #Bosma @CTVNews

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
"I was concerned, frightened, I felt threatened." Smich says. He didn't want Millard to think he was trying to avoid him. #TimBosma

We do say this with the knowledge of the other two alleged murders though. MS was not afraid of DM IMO. He was his "partner in crime" , his "bro from another ho" and knew about everything DM was capable of. As well as what he himself was capable of.

MOO

One thing I wonder about--if we believe MS was involved in LB's murder, then why not in WM's?

The incinerator runs on propane, not gas.

Adam Carter: Smich says he got an exacto knife out of the Yukon and cut out the carpet, the seatbelts, while Millard left to get gas for the Yukon.

Millard came to pick him up. They move the Eliminator back to the barn. "Pretty sure that was it for that day." Evening of May 7, 2013

"We went down to the hangar. Moved The Eliminator to the barn. I'm pretty sure that was it for that day. Sorry if I'm missing something."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
When Millard picked him up, they drove to the hangar and moved the Eliminator back at the barn. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 4m4 minutes ago
"I was playing along. He was coming to get me. I didn't want to cause suspicion. I was pretending everything was normal. it was not."

Smich then gets dropped off back in Oakville. Didn't see him all the next day. #Bosma

Millard dropped him back in Oakville, and Smich didn't see him the following day. They spoke over the phone "not to raise suspicions"

Smich says they might've spoken. Again he was trying to act like things were normal. #Bosma

He says on May 8 they were supposed to go burn all the stuff in the red truck, but that never happened. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
Millard drops him back off in Oakville. May 8, don't see each other. May have talked to each other.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
"On the 8th we were supposed to go burn the stuff inside the red truck." Garbage, seats etc. That didn't happen. Smich went to doc instead

Smich instead went to go see a doctor about his shoulder. On the 9th he saw Millard. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Smich says they were supposed to burn all the stuff from the truck on May 8 but he went to the doctor instead. #TimBosma

Didn't want Millard to think "I was going to call police on him." ...May 9 "he was back to normal Dell."

"Which scared the **** out of me even more."

On May 9th "he was back to normal Dell. Normal Dell. He was absolutely normal Dell. Which scared the sh** out of me even more." #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 5m5 minutes ago Vaughan, Ontario
Smich says couple days later, 'Dell was absolutely normal. The same Dell, I've seen everyday before that. Which scared the **** out of me.'

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 5m5 minutes ago
"When I saw him on May 9 he was back to Dell," Smich says. "Which scared the **** out of me even more." #TimBosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 5m5 minutes ago
Smich "when i saw him a few days later, he was back to normal Dell. Which scared the **** out of me even more." #Bosma @CTVNews

"this time when I seen him, he was back to normal Dell...which scared the **** out of me even more." #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 5m5 minutes ago
"I was scared. I felt threatened.I didn't know what to do. I was confused. "On may 8-they were supposed to burn gloves-interior. Didn't .

"Dell came to pick me up." Smich thinks he and Marlena were already staying with Elizabeth, Marlena's sister. So he might have been there.

He says that aft Millard picked him up and took him to the hangar. Says they did a couple things around the truck. #Bosma

Millard picked Smich up May 9 and they went to hangar. Did a couple of things around the truck. Shane was taking symbols off

They went to the hangar. "Shane was taking things off the truck. Symbols, stuff like that. He was taking off the tail lights."

"I remember the plan was to go burn the rest of the evidence, really, which was in the red pickup." They drove it to farm.

Shane was taking the symbols and stuff off. The tail lights. #Bosma

"I remember going and the plan was like I said from the day before to burn the rest of...the evidence really." #Bosma

Sharlene Bosma holds a plastic cup of water, as she leans forward in the front row, her head down. #Bosma #HamOnt

So they drove to the farm and burned all of the stuff that was in the red truck. "We were there for quite some time." #Bosma

Plan was to burn the rest of the evidence that was in red truck. Got Jerry can of gas, went to barn, burned evidence. Light out.

What gets me though is why he didn't come clean to the police after DM was aleady in custody. Seems to me any 'threat' he might have had would be over by then.

Because he had been involved in at least covering up a murder at that point. There was a whole new threat.
I'm not saying his testimony is necessarily true but he was in deep at this point and with a criminal record. I wouldn't have expected him to go to the police.

Picked up a canister of gasoline on the way, and then burned everything at the farm. "We were there for quite some time." Still light out.

He wld go to the dr on the 8th- By the 9th. "Del was back to normal. He was absolutely normal Del, which scared the **** out me even more."

They had a fire extinguisher on hand, they brought from the hangar.

He says it was light out. They brought a fire extinguisher with them from the hangar. #Bosma

Brought a fire extinguisher from hangar. "Burnt all the stuff. We were there for a while. Dell was normal Dell that day."

Smich says they were there a little while. Burned the stuff. "Dell was normal Dell that day," he says. #Bosma

One thing I wonder about--if we believe MS was involved in LB's murder, then why not in WM's?

I am assuming that LE had considerable evidence to suggest that he was involved in TB and LB's murders. If he was involved in WMs murder he must have covered his tracks well to not be charged.

"So like I said, burnt all the stuff. Dell was normal Dell. Talkative." Told Smich he wanted to paint #TimBosma truck red.

He recalls Millard told him he wanted to have the #Bosma truck painted red. Dungey asks why.

"He was telling me about how he wanted to paint the truck. The #Bosma truck. Red."

Smich says as they burned all that they had stripped from Bosma's truck, Dell was 'totally normal.' He wanted to paint it. #Bosma #HamOnt

May 9th at farm they burn all the carpet, spray cans. Seats. Says Del was talkative. Saying he wanted to paint the truck.@AM900CHML

"The original plan, which I knew about before, he would remove the VIN and swap vehicles."

"Months and months prior to this happening" Millard said he would remove the VIN from stolen car and swap it for one from red truck.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 6m6 minutes ago
Smich says the original plan "months and months prior" was to remove the VIN (from stolen truck) and "basically swap vehicles." #Bosma

Millard was to take the VIN from the red truck and put it on the stolen truck. The truck had to be red to match the plate information.

He wanted to paint it red because his own truck was red. Because it had to match info on his own plates. #Bosma

Smich says plan was to take VIN # from Bosma truck. And put VIN from his red truck. Tims truck was to be painted red.@AM900CHML

Millard wanted to paint Bosma's truck red. #Bosma #HamOnt

"This was my knowledge from months & months prior to these events taking place." Wanted truck painted red to match the license plate info.

Smich recalls going back to the hangar. Says there was some sort of conversation with Art Jennings and Shane. #Bosma

Schlatman and Jennings were at the hangar. "Something happened," Smich said. "Dell got into a panic, if you want to call it that."

Says Millard then "got in a bit of a panic" and said he had to move the #Bosma truck.

At hangar, problem with Schlatman, Jennings, Millard. Millard said they needed to move "Bosma truck out of hangar. Got big enclosed trailer.

May 9th- smich says DM panicked. Sent arthur home. And said he needed to get rid of Bosmas truck. Loaded on trailer. @AM900CHML

Because he wasn't there that night? He may know exactly what DM did, but if he wasn't there and didn't participate then he would not be charged. I'd imagine DM would have made sure no one else was hanging out at Maplegate the night WM "committed suicide". Don't think he would have needed any help with that one other than to make sure no one saw him there at the time of his father's death.

MOO

I know what is coming out of MS's mouth may not be 100% true but it is surreal to know one of the accused is talking at all in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste