Bosma Murder Trial 05.11.16 - Day 47 - Smich Defence commences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 18m18 minutes ago
That's what the president of the Hamilton Criminal Defence Lawyers' Association says

The president would be the guy to know.

I could just see DM doing that ... the *advertiser censored**hole and putting the Bosmas through even more grief.

I agree. I wonder if DM put TB in the bed of the truck and then backed the truck up to the incinerator to get him in. Would be somewhat easier than lifting him from the ground.

Yes....I brought this up earlier. Nothing in the testimony today speaks to the blood found in the bed of Bosma's truck. I think he was placed in there at some point, I am just not sure how that fact (if true) would have been glossed over today. Seems like a critical/important step. All IMO.

It's entirely possible the bloody seats, carpet and seat belts left behind traces when DM and MS stripped the truck and put those items in there for burning at the farm.

ETA: Ugh, I have my trucks mixed up. The blood was in Tim's truck - they didn't put the stripped interior in Tim's truck. Nevermind me, I'm confusing even myself.

Yeah, and I'm too bad at playing "follow the objects" to figure out if there was ever any reason they might have been in the bed of Tim's truck.

And failing that--there is definitely luminol lighting up many areas of the bed of Tim's truck, and it seemingly remains unexplained.

The logic why I do not believe MS testimony, and why I think MS was in the truck when TB was shot:
If the original plan was that MS would follow in the Yukon, why did he even walk up the driveway? MS could have stayed in the Yukon, and only then would MS testimony from today be somewhat believable to me.
Anyone have an answer for this?

He gets to try for multiple appeals I believe. Gotta get his story straight, and for the movie script he'll try to write. IMO

I wouldn't put it past him to do that and put the Bosmas through that. I don't have enough words to say what I am thinking about DM.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16m16 minutes ago
"A sudden swerve off to the side of the road. I pull over behind him."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 17m17 minutes ago
"Like a sudden, swerve off the side of the road. I pull over behind," Smich says.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 17m17 minutes ago
Millard is shaking head. Agitated. "It was a sudden swerve off the side of the rd. I pulled over behind him" @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17m17 minutes ago
Smich says there was a "sudden swerve off to the side of the road...I pull over behind." #Bosma

IMO looking at the video, it doesn't look like a swerve or sudden stop.

Within the confines of where he is, what else could he do? Imagine sitting there for 14 weeks having to be quiet. Like going to church for several hours a day 4 days a week.
And besides. He was REALLY good at writing notes. He's had a lot of practice

Ummm....yeah....MS didn't know anything about guns. Had no idea what kind of gun DM had. But was watching zombie bullet you tube videos with BD AFTER the murder? Talking about "his gun" and DM's gun. An aspiring rapper, writing lyrics about his ".380". What a coincidence.

I noticed that MS's birthday is around the time that he took the picture of himself with that gun. Birthday present from his "bro"?

I guess I wasn't expecting the whole truth from MS but I was expecting a little more accountability. He's really coming off as less than believable to me because of it.

MOO

Just continuing off your post ..

No doubt we'll hear more about the need for a change of clothes. There is no evidence to show that extra clothing was discussed in any mission prior to their preparations for the murder. They just hooked up their booty and took off in the clothing that they were wearing.

But, MS and DM needed to bring along a change of clothing for the murder mission because they knew their clothes would become contaminated with evidence and would be burned. It wouldn't be good enough to have a change of clothing waiting for them at the hanger, because, this time, their mission was unique. They were not heading right back to the hanger. And, imo, they both knew it and were prepared for it.

Can't imagine why. You're toast dude.

The logic why I do not believe MS testimony, and why I think MS was in the truck when TB was shot:
If the original plan was that MS would follow in the Yukon, why did he even walk up the driveway? MS could have stayed in the Yukon, and only then would MS testimony from today be somewhat believable to me.

Good point. I agree.

I wouldn't put it past him to do that and put the Bosmas through that. I don't have enough words to say what I am thinking about DM.

I wish this ended the way the Noelle Paquette case did but unfortunately DM's ego and sense of invincibility will always stop him from telling the truth.

I wish this ended the way the Noelle Paquette case did but unfortunately DM's ego and sense of invincibility will always stop him from telling the truth.
To be honest I'm surprised they came clean. I'm happy they did. Such a sad tragic ending for her.

DM is a sociopath IMO

All comments are JMO unless stated otherwise

I've read this through a few times and I don't quite get it. Why would the original plan be for MS to follow in the Yukon? He didn't on the Igor test drive. If his story is that they were just "scoping" the truck, why wouldn't he come along?

In fact, if MS knew the plan was to kill TB, wouldn't it make more sense for him to lie in wait with the Yukon anyway? Or would just *one* guy coming up the driveway on foot look even more suspicious?

No, hence my earlier post. Makes no sense.

Or, maybe they're just idiots, which means it makes all the sense in the world.

MS said him getting into the Yukon wasn't part of the original plan but that he just went along with it

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 21m21 minutes ago
Legal experts say #Smich's new evidence could mean #Millard could re-open case and testify. Latest on #Bosma murder trial @CTVNationalNews

So what is the new evidence ? Assuming that all parties had access to the police statements and assuming that Smich's police statement matches his testimony, where is the new evidence ?

So how would this work ? This trial goes to completion, complete with a verdict and sentencing and then DM applies to have it reopened after the fact for another verdict and sentencing ? And if DM injects a bunch of new evidence, then MS can apply to have it opened again ?

I'd like to see the judge allow DM to testify at this trial, before the verdict. I think MS should stop and DM should be put on the stand at this point.

Sooner or later one of these idiots is going to implicate CN deeper into this mess.

Let the good times roll ! By the time this is all done, all three of the main characters (DM, CN, and MS) will get life and the rest will get smaller sentences.

So what is the new evidence ? Assuming that all parties had access to the police statements and assuming that Smich's police statement matches his testimony, where is the new evidence ?

So how would this work ? This trial goes to completion, complete with a verdict and sentencing and then DM applies to have it reopened after the fact for another verdict and sentencing ? And if DM injects a bunch of new evidence, then MS can apply to have it opened again ?

I'd like to see the judge allow DM to testify at this trial, before the verdict. I think MS should stop and DM should be put on the stand at this point.

Sooner or later one of these idiots is going to implicate CN deeper into this mess.

Let the good times roll ! By the time this is all done, all three of the main characters (DM, CN, and MS) will get life and the rest will get smaller sentences.

MOO... I'd love to see CN get a heavier charge and punishment.

I agree with this post though - what is MS intent by testifying?

Are there legal advantages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members