Bosma Murder Trial 05.11.16 - Day 47 - Smich Defence commences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 14m14 minutes ago
He had friends pursuing rap career. "I did think that was something I would like to do." Smich

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 13m13 minutes ago
Dungey asks how he came to meet Dellen Millard. Smich says someone gave him his number when he was selling drugs. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 14m14 minutes ago
"Somebody gave him (Dell) my number when I was selling drugs and he called me randomly...and I met up with him and I sold him some drugs."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 14m14 minutes ago
Millard called him, he met up with him and sold him some drugs. Dungey asks when this was. He says approx 2008 maybe? #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 13m13 minutes ago
met DM through a call for drugs. Smich sold him stuff. 2008. @AM900CHML

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 13m13 minutes ago
Smich met Millard because someone gave him his number. "I met up with him and sold him some drugs and that's how we met" Smich says. #Bosma

Smich says Millard already knew the layout of the place when they went. This is separate from another theft of plants Hagerman mentioned.
by Adam Carter 10:44 AM

Smich says he was paid for those thefts. Says he can't remember how much he was paid. "But there would've been cash involved."
by Adam Carter 10:44 AM

Dungey asks if he would do it if he didn't get paid. Smich kind of fumbles on the answer, says there was no verbal agreement about getting paid.
by Adam Carter 10:45 AM

Any thoughts on the repeated emphasis that it was just DM and MS in these thefts? Is the idea that the other Millard groupies were inventing the 'mission' stories?

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 13m13 minutes ago
How did he meet Millard? "Somebody gave him my name when I was selling drugs." Millard called randomly and they met for the deal. 2008ish

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 14m14 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich was selling drugs, that's how he met Millard. Millard was his client. #Bosma #HamOnt

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 14m14 minutes ago
"He wasn't a regular customer" Smich says. They didn't meet up all that often. #Bosma

Dungey asks how often he'd see him, say in that year. "Very seldomly, he wasn't a regular customer," he says. #Bosma

"He wasn't a regular customer" at that point, Smich says. He didn't see Millard often, and lost contact with him for a couple years.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13m13 minutes ago
That was. "Around 2008....He wasn't a regular customer." Loses contact with him "for say a couple of years." Then Dell called again.

Smich says there were other things he stole with Millard, like a wood chipper. It came from a City of Oakville storage unit.
by Adam Carter 10:46 AM

"It was locked up, cameras, stuff like that. We looked at it one time through the back of the fence ... it was a wood chipper, he wanted it."
by Adam Carter 10:46 AM

They came back with bolt cutters. "We chopped the lock, drove right in there, hooked up the wood chipper to the Yukon, and drove on."
by Adam Carter 10:47 AM

Smich says Shane Schlatman had installed licence plate covers on Millard's vehicle. They sanded off the city symbol on the chipper, spray painted over it, and drove off.
by Adam Carter 10:48 AM

Millard wasn't a 'regular' - this was back in 2008. They lost touch for awhile. #Bosma #HamOnt

Smich says they developed a friendship couple of yrs later. @AM900CHML #timbosma

He says Millard was dating a girl named Erin at the time. They hung out and smoked weed together, but still not that regularly. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 12m12 minutes ago
They were hanging out "not that regularly" but "we actually started to hang out" before that it was just (drug) business. #Bosma

Hanging out with Dell "not that regularly." When first met it was "strictly business" until they "reconnected" and started to hang out.

Their relationship originally was "just business." That was it. But when they reconnected they started hanging out once in a while. #Bosma

"He wasn't a regular customer, still. So it wasn't very frequent, but maybe once a month." #bosma

"A once in a while kind of thing" Smich says. "Maybe once a month" #Bosma

He says it wasn't very frequent but maybe once a month. #Bosma

"Like I said, he wasn't a regular customer still," Smich says, in a friendly way. He's animated

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 13m13 minutes ago
At first #Millard "wasn't a regular customer." but it developed into a more frequent relationship #Smich #Bosma @CTVNews

Smich says after he broke up with Eryn they started hanging out more. Millard introduced him to some of his friends and vice versa. #Bosma

Any thoughts on the repeated emphasis that it was just DM and MS in these thefts? Is the idea that the other Millard groupies were inventing the 'mission' stories?

Or that there were "missions" that only DM and MS went on, without anyone else.

Spelling of Erin is wrong. Should be with a "y" She worked at Millardair at the first hangar. That's all I will say for now.

These are different thefts than the ones the others were involved in.

MOO

He says they did this late at night.
by Adam Carter 10:48 AM

He says he and Millard also stole other trailers that were parked. "We'd make stupid jokes that somebody just left them outside and take them," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 10:49 AM

Smich says he was also involved in the Bobcat theft court has previously heard about a few times.
by Adam Carter 10:50 AM

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 14m14 minutes ago
They initially saw each other once a month. Then they hung out more after DM broke up w a girlfriend. He meets the inner circle. @AM900CHML

After Millard broke up with Erin he and Smich started hanging out and met each others' circle of friends. #Bosma

Says he started to hang out more with Millard after he and Erin broke up. Started meeting Hagerman, Michalski, introing his friends too

"After he breaks up with that girl he does call me and we hang out a little more." Met Dell's friends ie Andrew Michalski.

"After he broke up with Erin," the next girlfriend Smich remembers is Christina Noudga. #TimBosma

The relationship "started to build" at that time. Dungey asks if Millard had a gf then. Next one Smich can remember was Christina. #Bosma

Smich says after Erin Millard started dating Christina Noudga. #Bosma

After he broke up with Erin, next girlfriend was Christina, says Smich, taking sip of water. "Building a relationship" with Millard.

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 13m13 minutes ago
Memory issues about his life - #MarkSmich doesn't remember much early in his life. Doing lots of drugs. #Bosma @CTVNews

"Started off like, building a relationship with someone you don't know well, grew up in different circles," Smich says of Millard

He says it started off "building." They came from different circles, so wasn't like they hung out every day. #Bosma

He says it started off "building." They came from different circles, so wasn't like they hung out every day. #Bosma

He says Millard called other friends as lookouts because Millard parked his truck and trailer behind a school that night.
by Adam Carter 10:50 AM

Smich says the Bobcat had a GPS tracking device on it, and Schlatman found it and removed it.
by Adam Carter 10:51 AM

"Dell told me to not mention there was a gps on it to anybody," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 10:52 AM

But then slowly Millard would call him to come play video games or come to the bar, get chicken wings. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 14m14 minutes ago
Smich says their relationship slowly grew over video games, eating chicken wings at the bar and as time went on, they became close in 2011.

Smich says 2011 on is when they started to become closer friends. #Bosma

Smich talking about how his relationship with Millard grew, from dealer and client, to buddies. They both liked video games. #Bosma #HamOnt

On friendship. "He wld call me for chicken wings. Id tag along. Or play video games" after 2011 friendship got closer.@AM900CHML

They started going for chicken wings, playing video games. "As time went on, 2011 on, it was building a closer relationship." Smich says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214