Bosma Murder Trial 05.11.16 - Day 47 - Smich Defence commences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 9m9 minutes ago
Smich stands as jury leaves for lunch. Millard is very angry. Agitated. Jury just saw video of DM and MS driving in the drk.

Good. Can't say that I am sorry about how DM is feeling.

Also, why did MS turn his phone off if they were just scoping and taking the vehicle for a test drive? No criminal activity happening if it was just a test drive...

They were still about to commit a crime later in the evening and the phone would still put them there, so not sure turning off the phone implies any knowledge of a murder.

Regarding the window, MS said he saw a hole in the window, not that the window was busted out. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

In any case it was probably safety glass and might not have left much debris. And we don't know how much time passed before LE was able to pull that footage.

Does anyone know if this is what will happen to a window shot at close range - but after passing through poor Tim Bosma? (a hole vs a shatter: and how big a hole?) thanks!!

Does anyone know if this is what will happen to a window shot at close range - but after passing through poor Tim Bosma? (a hole vs a shatter: and how big a hole?) thanks!!

This is a google image search for 'car window bullet'. It should be SFW and I didn't see anything too graphic, but I didn't scroll that far.

http://tinyurl.com/zwabkx8

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 7m7 minutes ago
"You're not going to go back in the same clothes that you wore," Smich is faltering. "It was something we did."

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 6m6 minutes ago
Smich says they brought a change of clothes cause wearing all black wld "look bad" they did that for missions. @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 6m6 minutes ago
Dungey suggests he means so they wouldn't be recognized as the guys who were there previously. Smich agrees. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 6m6 minutes ago
Dungey clarifies so that it was so the thieves wouldn't be recognized after the theft. #TimBosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 6m6 minutes ago
Smich discussing the fashion protocol of stealing a vehicle and during "missions." Always bring a change of clothes #Bosma @CTVNews

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 7m7 minutes ago
They'd done this before on missions. #Bosma

They've presented themselves to the owner in previous missions? The lies are piling up.

IMO the stop at the bobcat dealership was to do exactly as I stated this morning, change the plates. We have no idea still if that is where Bosma died because we already know Smich isn't telling the truth.

Easy to say that, but how do you know his account is not true? It very well may be.

If the events are accurate. I am sure the location was searched for broken glass. Never heard of any found at that location.
MOO

I read it that he was shot before Bobcat....I figured like shot while DM was driving then DM pulled over just after to do the plate change. Hence no glass found at Bobcat

IF this version of events is true, it's possible MS saw DM leave the keys in the cupholder before they got out and walked to the Bosma house. I do have to wonder about Tim seeing MS get into the driver's side of the Yukon that was supposedly parked there by the friend that couldn't find Tim Hortons. I suppose it's possible that Tim never saw that, that they were parked at such an angle when MS got out of the truck that Tim's field of vision would have prevented him from seeing MS get in the driver's side of the Yukon.

Again, who leaves their keys in plain view in an unlocked truck, especially a pair of professional thieves? It just doesn't make sense! Smich didn't say why aren't you taking your keys? Millard just assumed he saw that he put them in the cupholder? These guys had been planning this for days, Millard even going "Mission Prep" in Kitchener days before, and then he's not going to tell Smich the plan? Not likely.

Maybe I'm cynical but I am not taking MS testimony as "Aha, here's what happened that night". There are probably quite a few bits of truth to what he is telling, but huge lies to save himself from a 1st degree murder conviction. Dungey is an excellent lawyer and has had 3 years to work out a believable story with MS that covers the evidence while removing as much culpability as possible from MS. No doubt they have practiced and practiced this testimony, working out answers to every possible question that could arise.

I don't think the Bosmas will ever know for sure what happened that night. We'll hear DM's version through Pillay and Sachak and there'll be some bits of truth in there too, but neither MS or DM (or anyone else involved) is going to be completely honest. MOO IMO

I am not acquainted with the area. If DM and MS were dropped off around 9 pm (walking up driveway at 905), how much time would their "friend" need to drive around looking for the Tim Hortons before giving up and coming back. (Yes I know the friend is fake). I am just wondering how reasonable or alarming that story might have seemed to Tim Bosma.

thanks!

I believed all along that this was planned, and I still believe that. Who the hell brings a gun to a test drive? I think MS is conveniently leaving a few things out, but for the most part I find myself believing him.

Two lingering questions I had, aside from when TB was actually killed, was how did they get the “our friend can't find Tim Horton’s” story across on Tim when they went to the Yukon, and what were they doing at the Bobcat dealership?

Looks like we have answers to both.

One problem I still have, though. If DM does the “my friend can’t find Tim Horton’s” routine, pulls a U-turn and heads straight to the Yukon, at what point does TB start getting alarmed, especially when MS jumps in the Yukon and there is no friend? TB is a young father and husband. Surely they do not make it all the way to Brantford with him putting up a fight, realizing something is going on. Something not adding up here….

It'll be fascinating to hear how Millard reacts to any testimony about the disposing of Tim's body, the trailer, incinerator, etc. Seems like he's one word away from throwing a courtroom tantrum IMO.

Maybe I'm cynical but I am not taking MS testimony as "Aha, here's what happened that night". There are probably quite a few bits of truth to what he is telling, but huge lies to save himself from a 1st degree murder conviction. Dungey is an excellent lawyer and has had 3 years to work out a believable story with MS that covers the evidence while removing as much culpability as possible from MS. No doubt they have practiced and practiced this testimony, working out answers to every possible question that could arise.

I don't think the Bosmas will ever know for sure what happened that night. We'll hear DM's version through Pillay and Sachak and there'll be some bits of truth in there too, but neither MS or DM (or anyone else involved) is going to be completely honest. MOO IMO

I don't know if I agree. You don't get on the stand at your own murder trial and lie ... that would open you up to loads of cross examination that would make you look like a fool and completely ruin your chances. I would say that this testimony is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. MOO

Can anyone familiar with the routing (I am completely useless at the physical logistics) tell me if Tim's phone would have been found before or after the 'bobcat place' on whatever logical route they took?

I read it that he was shot before Bobcat....I figured like shot while DM was driving then DM pulled over just after to do the plate change. Hence no glass found at Bobcat

If MS is telling the truth, it was not long before pulling over as he was putting the gun back in the satchel.

MOO

IIRC When the forensics expert testified, it was said that the window was rolled down and almost all of it was intact? I'll try to find it

Originally from February 16, 2016 - Day 9 of testimony -

Court now seeing a picture of the window out of the truck, laid on the ground. The top is shattered, and there are spiderwebs of cracks on the bottom part of the window.
by Adam Carter 11:04 AM

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
Image shows front passenger window completely smashed. @CHCHNews #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 58s59 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
All other windows were rolled down. Passenger side window smashed, hanging in door frame. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Now seeing the inside of the passenger seat window. Broken. They removed door panel in order to test glass for blood/other evidence. #Bosma

Maybe you have me on ignore, but here's some more. This is from Sharlene's testimony:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-court-day1-millard-smich-trial-1.3426062

Feb 1 2016 3:02 PM The two men who came down the driveway were 5-10 feet away from her, Sharlene says. "Cell phone guy seemed to lead the introductions. I felt like he was the buyer

Feb 1 2016 3:03 PM The two men said they had gotten dropped off, and that a friend was waiting for them at Tim Hortons.

Thank you.

The person who posted that information on Reddit the day after Tim went missing must have heard it directly from Sharlene. IIRC, at the time it was considered rumour, since it wasn't reported in MSM (until the trial).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange