Bosma Murder Trial 05.12.16 - Day 48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I cringe when anyone refers to these characters as "kids." They are grown adult men.

And yes I could see this might have been why DM was pulled over and carded...out cruising around in the wee hours of the morning, scoping out stuff to steal. Or perhaps different businesses they stole from had grainy video surveillance of a Yukon on their premises, they reported theft to LE and LE was pulling people over with Yukons. LE wouldn't have to tell the driver/owner the real reason why they were pulling them over. MOO.
It definitely wouldn't have been because the Yukon smelled of weed or that he was driving the red truck pulling a big trailer in the middle of the night. That wouldn't arouse suspicion at all.

Good work, police !

When MS's legal team said they would be presenting evidence, did they need to provide a list of all evidence before opening statement? Can TD call say Arthur after they are finished crossing MS? They did say he could call witnesses, and when do we find out who and how many, or is it past that point?

MOO

Anyone think that DM's lawyers will be successful in getting him on the stand after MS ? Would they really want to ? I guess they are in the position to see how cross examination goes first ?

In my eyes, DM is heading for premediated 1st degree. He really has nothing to lose if he does take the stand.

I'll just ask why I've never been carded? Or anybody I know? Probably because we are all honest looking and non suspicious. Millard likely wouldn't have been carded if he was stopped mid day, had a tidy vehicle, and didn't have that stupid haircut. Thats all I'm saying.

He was tearing up and down a street in one of his vehicles and someone called LE.

MOO

He'd probably steal it.:behindbar
:​

I laughed out loud. "Ladies and gentlemen, for Mr. Millard's testimony we will be removing his shackles and attaching them to the stand, his microphone, that water glass and his Honour's gavel."

I'm not buy this. MS would have an "idea" of where he buried the gun IF he buried it at all. Even if he only had a vague location of this forest, LE could go to that particular forest with metal detectors and locate the gun. IMO I believe MS sold or gave the gun to someone. Perhaps whoever he gave the gun to went and buried it for him or disposed of it somewhere. IMO BD knows what happened to the gun. MS is covering BD's hiney and BD was covering his own hiney for fear he would get charged with tampering/destroying evidence. I hope that gun doesn't fall into the wrong hands again. MOO.

Well, in Canada it's not going to fall in the right hands, that's for sure :winkkiss:

Of course there is a lot of new evidence. Not that all are necessarily truthful and credible. But they will be considered. Among them are

1. That MS was not planning a homicide
2. That there was no 3rd person
3. That no restraints were applied to the victim at least until after they picked up the Yukon (that may help MS avoid 1st degree and get AATF)
4. That DM left the keys in Yukon (could indicate that DM planned this scenario)
5. That there was at least one shot fired in the truck (that hit the window)
6. That DM was in the truck when the shooting happened
7. That Tim Bosma died or was severely injured during the time he was in the truck with DM
8. That DM was in possession of a handgun soon after the shooting
9. That ultimately Tim Bosma died at their hands.
10. That DM owned guns in general and Walther PPK in particular
11. That it was DM who was operating the incinerator (and this is extremely important, as it completes the possible causes of death, IMO)
12. That MS and DM did dispose of some evidence

And there is more to come, such as,
a. Did MS help to clean out the incinerator and what happened to the ashes
b. What was the tape for
c. What is "the orange guy"
d. What was the "sausage evidence" about
e. What happened to Tim Bosma's wallet and documents
f. Why was there blood on the trailer walls
g. Why was there blood in the truck bed
h. Specifics of the wound that he may have seen
i. Details of conversations with Tim Bosma
etc

Regarding your items 1-12, IMHO, none of this is "new" evidence. Any of it would have been foreseen by DM's team as a possibility that MS would testify to, therefore none of MS's testimony was "unexpected".

When I post it says my posts are being moderated and will not appear until they have been approved. What's up with that?

ETA: must have been the post I replied to, a bit O/T.

Hang in there SillyBilly, so sorry for you today! You do good work!

Riddle me this - we have been told time and again that LE wasn't familiar with DM previously. How were they able to track him down via the tattoo?

Sorry I don't have a link for this, but IIRC, Millard had been stopped for a traffic infraction? Or something else, and the information about the ambition tattoo was recorded by police at that time, so the info was in police records.

I just had a thought. MM(?) testified that MS wrapped the gun in duct tape and buried it. I assumed the duct tape implied an intention to preserve the gun for later retrieval, not just ditch it. That perhaps makes his testimony even more iffy.

Tim Bosma trial: Mark Smich returns to testify
CBC News Posted: May 12, 2016

bosma-trial-sketch.JPG

This artist's rendering shows the Mark Smich in the witness box (right) being questioned by lawyer Thomas Dungey (middle) with Dellen Millard (right) looking on. (Pam Davies/CBC)

After Wednesday's dramatic testimony accused murderer Mark Smich returns to testify at the Tim Bosma trial in Hamilton.

Yesterday Smich told the jury that co-accused, Dellen Millard shot Bosma and, in the moments after, "looked like a lunatic."

​Smich said he wasn't in Bosma's truck when the shooting happened. He told the jury he was following the vehicle in Millard's Yukon that the two had driven to the Bosma home in the Hamilton suburb of Ancaster.

Follow our live coverage starting at 10 a.m.

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

Smich isn't suggesting DM was insane is he? Oh and Smich was operating under duress in everything he did? IMO he is continuing to tell partial truths .....not the whole truth.

Maybe MS buried more than just a gun? Maybe something else is buried, and he can't risk it being found?

MOO

Not surprisingly, Dungey is very careful with his questioning following the murder, and MS is quite vague in his answers. No idea where the gun is? Really? Talk about full of ****. I am surprised Dungey even asked the question, knowing the answer. It just makes Smich seem like a liar, IMO.

On another note, if, as MS says, they were only scoping out a truck and would steal in later, one would assume they were also just "scoping" when the went out with Igor, in broad daylight, the day before. Why then, as Igor testified, did DM turn to MS following the Israeli army comment, and "you don't want to know what I did." If they were only scoping out the truck, why would he do that, as if to say "No way we are doing this?" Why not just finish the test drive, and agree later that it wasn't a truck they wanted?

Was it because they were planning to overpower Igor and when that comment was made, DM and MS decided that wasn't such a good idea because they were going to get their asses whipped? Why would DM have to turn around at all?

MOO

BUT, Igor added that during his testimony. Never mentioned the "temperature change" when he gave his police statement. So are we suppose to believe that was truthful? MS testified that he didn't react and didn't recall DM reacting either. He's throwing DM under the bus now, so I'd assume he'd say "yup, he did react"

Feb 8 2016 10:18 AM

Sachak zeroing in on the fact that Tumanenko didn't say anything about the "temperature changing in the car," after he made his comment about being in the Israeli army when giving a statement to police. "You did not say in your statement that the driver was moving around or fidgeting. You did not say that the driver was moving like a mouse." Sachak says. Tumanenko agrees.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...-body-shop-about-repainting-a-truck-1.3438206

Maybe MS buried more than just a gun? Maybe something else is buried, and he can't risk it being found?

MOO
Shhhhh this seems like a third person theory. Not plausible lol

What are your thoughts on what else he could have buried. Something of Bosma's maybe? One of Dellen's trophies so to speak? He seemed to like keeping those around. Jmo

When MS's legal team said they would be presenting evidence, did they need to provide a list of all evidence before opening statement? Can TD call say Arthur after they are finished crossing MS? They did say he could call witnesses, and when do we find out who and how many, or is it past that point?

MOO

IIRC, Susan Clairmont said that no list of witnesses is provided ahead of time. But, yes, TD could call Arthur and as many other witnesses as he would like to the stand, following the cross examinations of MS. IMHO we will only know that MS defence has been concluded is when TD announces that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr