Bosma Murder Trial 05.12.16 - Day 48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Smich assumed this gun was used by Dell to kill Mr. Bosma...Dungey says he has no further questions. Jury dismissed until Monday.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 3m3 minutes ago
Smich says he never said it was his gun. "I've never owned a gun." And that he believes this was the murder weapon. @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
The jury is being dismissed until Monday. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Dungey is finished. The judge is telling the jury that the rest of the day will be legal arguments before Smich's cross examination Monday.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
We're heading into legal arguments now. (No more live tweeting.) Monday will be Millard defence team cross-examining Smich. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
There will be legal arguments for the remainder of today. Cross-examination of Mark Smich will begin Monday. #Bosma

Sounds like CN, I don't know? Very convenient. Doesn't even have a general idea so LE can begin to search for the murder weapon? Come on.
Oakville is his "hood". I call BS

Completely agree. I think that MS' story is going to be in tatters after cross.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3m3 minutes ago
The jury has left for the day. #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
#Bosma jury excused until Monday, May 16, when they'll come back to hear Millard's lawyer cross examine Smich.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 4m4 minutes ago Mississauga, Ontario
Smich's lawyer, Thomas Dungey, is now finished questioning. Legal arguments are scheduled for the rest of the day. #Bosma #HamOnt

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 4m4 minutes ago
Dungee finishes. Jury dismissed for day. Millard team w cross Monday. Legal arguments for today. @AM900CHML

Well they live up to their slogan: City TV - Everywhere!

All MOO.

Sorry, I'm not following... is Dungey done with his examination of Smich? Monday will be cross?

ETA: Yes and yes.

Sounds like CN, I don't know? Very convenient. Doesn't even have a general idea so LE can begin to search for the murder weapon? Come on.

Exactly! I don't believe he rode around the neighbourhood on his bike, garden trowel and 'hot' gun in hand, and just randomly chose a spot. He would have already decided on a 'good' place ahead of time. Too much BS.

The likelihood is next to zero of this not knowing even the "general area" where he buried the gun.

That final bit of 'evidence' casts much doubt on most of his 'evidence' from yesterday.

Liar. Just looking for a lighter sentence, that's all.

Me too. I'm guessing that gun was used in another murder. Did DM own it when LB disappeared ?

His credibility went way down with not knowing where the gun was buried. He is covering for someone.

Well that was very anticlimactic. WTF. That's ALL the evidence TD is putting forward? Does this mean TD will not call any other witnesses or just that he's done with MS and now cross happens. Again, from my armchair jury seat, his entire testimony told us (or me) nothing we didn't already know or piece together.
I don't think anything he said made me say, OMG, so THAT'S what happened? (maybe jury reactions would be different since they are not on WS)
But after 3+ yrs of this, there was no AH HA moment for me.
He used the evidence to backup his spin on "his story", still doesn't make it gospel. MOO

I want to believe MS is testifying because he wants to bring closure. At the same time, I would have expected TD to bring up the incriminating texts, have him speak in more detail to how it all went down (changing clothes, discussions between the two accused, discussions with CN/AM/MH, etc). There is still alot up in the air. That being said, I am sure that TD knows what is coming next and has decided this is the best course of action for his client. Which again indicates to me that MS is likely telling the truth, or at least a version of the truth that he is going to stick with. Otherwise, I don't understand why TD would allow him to expose himself to cross-examination by the Crown who is going for 1st, and by his bitter co-accused.

Anyway, just some rambling thoughts. See you Monday, WS'ers!

At first blush, yeah, it's not that believable. I'm sure he'd at least be able to tell them at what general point he rode into the forest. But depending on the trail network wherever he was he could have just rode hither and thither deep into it and not really be sure where he ended up. And then there is stress and copious weed, both which can impair memory, and both which were present in his life at the time. The reason I lean towards trying to find reasons that this could be true is that I can't really find any advantage to him to have this gun be disappeared. Unless he's a true screwball and wants the option to retrieve it in the (perhaps very far) future, it would have been to his advantage in both credibility and perceived remorse to have it appear in court.

Is there any chance that legal arguments relate to introducing the gun as evidence? Perhaps it has been found? I might have jumped into the deep end of wishful thinking here!

I'm sure it's already been mentioned but IF he actually did bury the gun in the woods with a garden spade (because, that's something young drug dealers crashing at their GF's sister's apartment usually have on them), :thinking: it's most likely somewhere along Sixteen Mile Creek.

Smich knows where the gun is. Or loosely where it might be. I don't believe him.

I have a hard time believing he has NO idea where he buried the gun......and wasn't he under surveillance at the time? Not sure that was a strong close for TD.....MOO

Agreed.

He was but IIRC didn't the detective(s) who were part of the surveillance state that there were inconsistencies with it? (Way back at the beginning of the trial) They had teams working on it and sometimes he went periods of time where he wasn't being watched? Aside from his sisters wedding of course.

I want to believe MS is testifying because he wants to bring closure. At the same time, I would have expected TD to bring up the incriminating texts, have him speak in more detail to how it all went down (changing clothes, discussions between the two accused, discussions with CN/AM/MH, etc). There is still alot up in the air. That being said, I am sure that TD knows what is coming next and has decided this is the best course of action for his client. Which again indicates to me that MS is likely telling the truth, or at least a version of the truth that he is going to stick with. Otherwise, I don't understand why TD would allow him to expose himself to cross-examination by the Crown who is going for 1st, and by his bitter co-accused.

Anyway, just some rambling thoughts. See you Monday, WS'ers!

TD has and will probably spent more time preparing Smich for cross than direct. Perhaps there is some strategy to allowing MS to handle these questions and challenges under fire than in the softer and safer direct.

Is there any chance that legal arguments relate to introducing the gun as evidence? Perhaps it has been found? I might have jumped into the deep end of wishful thinking here!

I'm thinking it's more on the lines as to whether Justice Goodman will allow DM to testify or call witnesses after cross. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties