Bosma Murder Trial 05.17.16 - Day 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17 2016 3:07 PM Adam Carter
Smich says he has done that on two occasions.

:thinking: couldn't be any muscle cars now, could it?

I keep waiting for the punch line but then it doesn't happen and Sachak just keeps going. I think he must be trying to get Smich to get upset or crack in some way. At least the snippy little remarks from Smich demonstrate that he isn't the sweet little boy he attempted to portray with his initial testimony. Maybe that's what he's depending on.

Actually, his grandfather. His father didn't do much of anything either apparently. Until he did. And then his son didn't like it one bit IMO.

MOO
You're right. But the point is DM had no part in it. I jumped the gun

Obviously, because that would highlight your client's role in this.

Dungey says thank you and will examine Smich again and show the text. Dungey will also take down this cross in a matter of minutes when he get a chance to examine again

May 17 2016 3:15 PM
"If you ask him, he would know the answers. If he choses not to come up here, that's his choice," Smich says about Millard.

Good one an so true!

DM showed cruelty to animals? His own beloved Pedo? If true, it's consistent with DM as a psychopath, but if not true, maybe MS just knows how damaging such an allegation would be to DM? The allegation caused a reaction in the courtroom, IMO. Calculated move by MS?

All MOO.

You betcha!

May 17 2016 3:16 PM
Sachak keeps asking at what year the method Smich described won't work anymore. Smich keeps saying he doesn't know what year.

Im surprised MS did tell Mr S to go google it lol

I think NS is doing a pretty good job of backing MS into a corner to suggest that DM scoped out other trucks with MS previous to TB's and it was all DM's plan and that DM never in the past made a decision that would deviate from the plan if if was too risky and could get them caught. NS is surely trying to set up a scenario to suggest that it was MS who deviated from DM's plan. I wonder if MS is catching on to this strategy?

All MOO.

Ya but not to forget, after the year has passed, now DM is under a time crunch for the stupid trip to Baja and needed to have it NOW IIRC
I could see the other side how he'd just want to TAKE IT. Fed up, had enough.
Changed the way they were stealing and went to test drives .. MOO

I feel like I'm not going to have any idea how any of this is actually landing in the courtroom until I hear a verdict.

May 17 2016 3:39 PM Adam Carter
Court back in session, but no jury in yet.

May 17 2016 3:42 PM Adam Carter
Jury now being recalled.

He seems to get upset that Smich is giving more and more info to make his client guilty as time goes. The he was getting more desperate to get the truck part was a good add by Smich. Sachak keeps digging his hole deeper with an extremely poor cross. He's not so cocky and quick with his intimidation which he tried and failed miserably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 17 2016 3:07 PM Adam Carter
Smich says he has done that on two occasions.

:thinking: couldn't be any muscle cars now, could it?

That's what I wondered. Did he do that for DM as well? ;)

But more likely, it was joy riding. Which I believe he was caught doing when he got that DWI.

MOO

May 17 2016 3:44 PM Adam Carter
Sachak now talking about May 4, when Smich and Millard were looking at trucks online Millard was thinking about stealing.

May 17 2016 3:44 PM Adam Carter
"Dell made no secret of the fact that he wanted this truck," Sachak says. Smich says that's correct.

May 17 2016 3:45 PM
Sachak says that Smich's girlfriend didn't like having Millard around. Smich says that's absolutely correct. "But he made no secret of the fact that he was going to steal a truck," Sachak says. Smich says thats true too.

Here's the thing longer he keeps rambling the more Smich brings DM into this. Is Sachak not smart enough to realize this and maybe cut this off. He doesn't have a witness now that just answers with yes no sure etc. He gets upset saying that's not what I asked or I don't need a lesson. However that's what he got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 17 2016 3:48 PM Adam Carter
Michalski was also there that night, alongside a girl he brought and Marlena Meneses.

May 17 2016 3:48 PM Adam Carter
"The point I make is this was not a secret," Sachak says. "It's not like he posted it on facebook or anything," Smich says.

May 17 2016 3:49 PM Adam Carter
Sachak says it was also no secret amongst that friend group that Millard was engaged in thefts.

May 17 2016 3:50 PM Adam Carter
Smich was thinking about moving to Calgary when his sister moved, he says. This was in 2013.

May 17 2016 3:51 PM Adam Carter
"I wanted to go because she wanted me there," Smich said about his sister.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Back. Sachak asks him about Sat. May 4, 2013. They were looking at trucks online, Smich agrees. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 57s58 seconds ago
We're back. Sat. May 4, 2013 Smich and Millard looking at Dell's computer. Looking at Dodge 3500s to steal. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 47s48 seconds ago
Sachak now talking about May 4, when Smich and Millard were looking at trucks online Millard was thinking about stealing. #TimBosma #Bosma

He wanted to steal a truck, Sachak says. Smich agrees. They were on two separate computers, scouring sites for trucks. #Bosma

Smich agrees Dellen made no secret of the fact that he wanted to steal a truck. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 53s53 seconds ago
"Dell made no secret of the fact that he wanted this truck," Sachak says. Smich says that's correct. #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Marlena was in the room too. She didn't particularly like Dell, Sachak says, he gave her the creeps. Smich: "that'd be correct."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Marlena was there too. Marlena testified Dell gave her the creeps and she didn't want Mark to hang out with him. Smich agrees.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
He agrees with Sachak that Marlena testified she didn't like Dell, didn't want him hanging around Dell, he gave her the creeps. #Bosma

Sachak again stresses it was Dell's plan. Smich says yes, he wanted the truck. #Bosma

In addition to Marlena Meneses, Andrew Michalski and a girl were there that day. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Sachak asks Smich if he recalls reg conversation Michalski testified about (re: stealing truck from a..hole or nice guy). #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 57s58 seconds ago
Smich does not recall hearing that conversation. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 49s49 seconds ago
Smich isn't sure how long Andrew Michalski was in the room when they were talking about stealing the truck. Another girl there too.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 16s16 seconds ago
"The point I want to make, this was not a secret," Sachak says. "It's not like he posted it on FaceBook or anything," Smich retorts

Smich doesn't remember how long Michalski was there for. Or who girl was.

Smich can't recall if the girl that was there with Michalski came in the room or not. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 56s57 seconds ago
Sachak says other friends knew he'd done thefts before--that was no secret, either. Smich agrees. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 29s30 seconds ago
Sachak says it was also no secret amongst that friend group that Millard was engaged in thefts. #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
The people in the room that day knew of Millard's plan -- also others who were part of prior thefts.

Circle of friends knew Dell had done other thefts before. Smich says yes, because they all did stuff together.

Ya but not to forget, after the year has passed, now DM is under a time crunch for the stupid trip to Baja and needed to have it NOW IIRC
I could see the other side how he'd just want to TAKE IT. Fed up, had enough.
Changed the way they were stealing and went to test drives .. MOO

I think Sachak needs to limit the time he spends hammering home the idea that violence was unplanned because Dell had conducted his thefts this way or that in the past. If the jury accepts unplanned violence and has to decide who erupted in a sudden I'm-willing-to-murder-for-this-truck, I don't think that's necessarily going to go his client's way.

Sachak suggests that around May 2013, Smich was thinking of moving to Calgary. He says before that, yes. #Bosma

His sister had moved there, and had told him he'd like it there. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
It was early 2013 that he started thinking about this, he says. #Bosma

Smich had been thinking of moving to Calgary, when his sister went there. She came back for her dog and told Smich he'd like it there.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
That was at the beginning of 2013, Smich says. In May his sister still wanted him to go to Calgary. Did he still want to go?

In May '13 he says his sister still wanted him out there. Sachak says he wanted to be there too. He says because his sister was alone #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
"I wanted to go because she wanted me there," Smich said about his sister. #TimBosma #Bosma

"I wanted to go because she wanted me there, she was alone. At the same time I was mixed between certain things," Smich tells court

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 51s52 seconds ago
Sachak suggests Smich told police on May 22 that he had plans still to go out west. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 29s30 seconds ago
About to see another clip from Smich's interview with police. Tells Kavanagh he plans to move to Calgary. Sister has job lined up for him.

May 17 2016 3:53 PM Adam Carter
Sachak now showing part of Smich's statement to police. "I was supposed to be moving to Calgary with my sister," Smich says in the video.

May 17 2016 3:53 PM Adam Carter
"She says she already has a job opportunity waiting there for me."

Too bad he didn't get away sooner...before TB murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me