Bosma Murder Trial 05.17.16 - Day 50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a sign that MS is unravelling. IMO. (Asking the judge to help him out) from the big bad lawyer who is asking him questions.

Yes, then read the next part of that testimony. MR S was rewording things and twisting things that weren't even written. I'd tell the judge I had an issue as well.
I think he kept a pretty good composure considering the rediculous cross exam from Mr S.

Exactly the impression I got ... he is simply reading lyrics ... his heart isnt even in it .... it's just words .... if he was trying to look scary and dangerous he failed ..... he is not even a good pretender .... lame lame lame

With apologies to Mark I would say .... give it up dude .... a gangsta rapper you are not .... pick a new career.

Well MS's rapping seems to be on par with Sachak's lawyering and it hasn't seemed to stop him from having a career....

I think Sachak has a few things in his back pocket that he is gonna pull out once he has MS loosened up.

I don't, I think he should give up and move on, it's not like MS is suddenly going to say he remembers where the gun is...

MS is clean today, vs 3 years ago. When your in a drug induced haze 24/7 I would assume your way of thinking would be very different. JMO

The drug and alcohol is the major influence for MS and is who he is. The individual in front of everyone is not.

I think Sachak has a few things in his back pocket that he is gonna pull out once he has MS loosened up.
Do you have a sense for what month? I'm going on holidays on Friday and at the rate this is going, I really wouldn't be surprised to come home a week later to the Sachak/MS show. MOO

anddddddddd we're back to the magical forest...full circle....*face palm*

According to Adam Carter (CBC News) ... Judge Goodman feels the same way ...... he took off his glasses and started rubbing his temples when he had to listen to that stuff :)

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
"Usually when they're getting cross examined by you or your friend there I don't pay too much attention," says Smich.

Yikes. Okay, now he is getting too snippy and out of line!

No he needs to get even snippier and more out of line. Show us all your true colours MS.

The drug and alcohol is the major influence for MS and is who he is. The individual in front of everyone is not.

But canadiangirl just said the reason he can't remember the only details that incriminate him is because he was in a 'drug induced haze 24/7', yet he is sure about remembering every other detail. He claims he can't remember where he woke up the day after the killing, but he CAN remember that he definitely didn't see CN that same day, so CN must've been 'lying on the stand', he says. Can't wait till the jury send him away for a looong time....

I don't, I think he should give up and move on, it's not like MS is suddenly going to say he remembers where the gun is...
Now wouldn't finding the gun be a corker- imagine the headlines " Boy Scout lost in Oakville forest , stumbles on .380 while pitching tent" MOO

Obviously, because that would highlight your client's role in this.

DM's defence can't bring up anything that makes DM look bad, which leaves nothing for them to discuss other than how rich he is. How many planes, cars and properties he owned. Like his first lawyer, it's not what it seems, my client is just a regular guy who is innocent. What happened to that line of defence ? Hmmmm, disclosure shut that down in a hurry.

The he defence lawyers for DM are sickening in their "vigorous defence" of a man they know damn well is guilty!

Most rappers look down upon rappers who write about it having never lived their experiences. They are posers. MS is not a poser. Maybe they should look at the music video he was involved in. Put that up on the screen.

But the point is a lot of hip hop artists still do it. They'll talk about things they've never done. Take Tyler, The Creator's lyrics or Action Bronson's for example.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 51s52 seconds ago
Sachak asks again why he needed 4 phones for 9 days. Smich says he's not sure he can answer that. Sachak says it just seems odd. #Bosma

And what do think about Mr. Millard of the Millardair dynasty owning an "ELIMINATOR"?

MOO

Oh God that's funny....

I find Sachak a rather clumsy lawyer, but IMO he is making points to the jury - of more benefit to the Crown's case than his own, that's for sure. Whether that was his intention or not, he is showing here the 'predator food chain'. DM with control over MS: MS with control over Arthur, and on it goes. I think he has proved today that MS is no 'weak little amateur drug dealing follower'. One would expect being on the stand for 1st degree murder to be 'shocking, scary and confusing'. Seems MS isn't phased by it one little bit.

MS is likely starting to view going to court as an outing that is better than sitting in a cell. I think he knows that he is not gonna get out for a very long time.

I just wish Sachak would concede and admit defeat. I'm not sure I can take another day of asking the same 2 or 3 questions over and over with different wording. Then throw in a few lame attempts at humor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did some digging regarding head/dash... The actual testimony reported varies by source...

'He looked mad, like a lunatic': Smich tells Bosma trial he had no idea killing ... “I saw a bullet hole in the side windshield and Mr. Bosma laying head first on the dash board ..
Source: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...-smich-takes-the-stand-at-the-tim-bosma-trial

"He [MIllard] just said, 'I'm taking the truck' and goes and grabs some stuff from the back. When I got out, I walked around, and I seen a bullet hole in the window and Mr. Bosma laying with his head against the dashboard."
Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-mark-smich-testifies-1.3581032

Head ON the dashboard might be difficult to envision as other posters noted.
Head AGAINST the dashboard may be more accurate, the forensic testimony showed blood around the left side of the glovebox, right of center of dash / climate control area.

I have no idea where this is coming from. Obviously I missed some evidence or something?
I don't understand why people need to say this. Sorry, not to single you out but this seems to be a common theme these days here when someone thinks outside the box! Obviously the person is highlighting "if" TB had his hands duct taped they'd see it as a possibility since they said IMO. Obviously there is no evidence since they burned the man's body!! JMO

I think that was a reporter error. I don't recall AC tweeting that. I haven't read the rest of the other reporters yet. But what I got was, MS dropped out of high school, then started selling drugs around the age of 20.

May 17 2016 12:10 PM Adam Carter
Smich says he was close to 20 when he stopped going to school.

Sorry, My mistake, I guess it was said. I didn't think you could be in high school at that age? Or is 19-20 the cut off age?

Thanks, matou! I missed the news so was curious to see MS's rap. I had to laugh when he rapped the line about "Blues Clues". It would be interesting to know how people react to MS's rap performance and rap lyrics. I'd love to know the ages of those on the jury. Someone in the media tweeted about MS's dangerous expression in his eyes (or something to that effect), and while I don't see him as looking threatening in the video, I can see how some people may. The rap evidence could either be dismissed as unimportant to the jury or disturbing to them depending on their exposure to rap and their tolerance for it, IMO.

It looked like MS was reading the lyrics as he performed and he didn't come across in the video as particularly polished or confident. I've said it before, MS's rap stuff is not damaging to him on its own, IMO, but I do believe some people could see it differently. It was also interesting to hear his voice. When the rap lyrics and video are considered with all the other circumstantial evidence against MS, I can understand it potentially having a more negative impact on the jury.

All MOO.

I just had to laugh. Not that there's anything funny about this case or what happened to Tim Bosma, but this video is so flippin' lame. Blues Clues? This kids, is why we don't do drugs. :facepalm:

I just cannot imagine Sachak actually thinking this would make the jury go all "ooooh! he's scary!!" He comes across as threatening as my beagle.

moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member