Bosma Murder Trial 05.17.16 - Day 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. The last line stands out to me. "F&CK with me Say 10. The genius."

Good lord! Does this cross examination have a point to it?

I think the point is, DM really has no defense so all his laywer is doing is trying to humiliate MS and make it seem his story is a fabrication. His only defense is to discredit MS. He likely knows MS has been coached for more standard questions. Maybe hoping he'll slip up. IMO

Could someone tell me how long they will let NS go on for? Is there a maximum amount of time that he's allowed to do his cross exam? Or is it possible for him to go on like this for two weeks? Thx.

Well, he's giving his client some entertaining time out of the cell. The timeclock on DM's sentence is ticking down as it goes on. imo

Sorry, I don't normally do this, but busy day and continues to be so--did anything actually happen today, or just ongoing rap battle?

Magical forest, rap lyrics, resume, a never-ending and convoluted cross-examination with frustrated judges and clerks and a smart *advertiser censored* MS. "I don't listen when you do your cross examinations", "Must be one of your brain farts (that wasn't the word....I can't recall it) You seem to be under stress sir".......there were a bunch of zingers from MS. (anyone remember? I can't be bothered to pull up the tweets right now) Definitely not yes or no answers today.....not sure how this played with the jury.....MOO

IMO I expected way more from the "rap" video. It's lame. For lack of a better word. DM defense would've got more of a reaction had the court been shown the one we've all seen where MS is acting and there's blood everywhere. Some gore IIRC.

All comments are JMO unless stated otherwise

Im sure he'll get to it. We'll have to listen to that for a full day though :facepalm:

Magical forest, rap lyrics, resume, a never-ending and convoluted cross-examination with frustrated judges and clerks and a smart *advertiser censored* MS. "I don't listen when you do your cross examinations", "Must be one of your brain farts (that wasn't the word....I can't recall it) You seem to be under stress sir".......there were a bunch of zingers from MS. (anyone remember? I can't be bothered to pull up the tweets right now) Definitely not yes or no answers today.....not sure how this played with the jury.....MOO

Thanks, that's about where we were the last time I was able to read (around noon). No bombshell, sounds like.

Does MS talk with TD during lunch and breaks? Would TD have had an opportunity to ask him to tone it down if he thought it wasn't playing well?

If MS wasn't used to taking the Oxycontin then he would likely experience a decent amount of nausea from it. When people take it consistently that usually goes away, but if he wasn't taking it regularly and popped a 60mg pill (which is definitely a high dose) it makes sense he was feeling sick. My pharmacist opinion.

And if you take a high dose of that and have a mental illness. That would back up MS'S testimony of DM was like a "lunatic" he hadn't seen that before and was himself in three days. I've seen this in my own family member but not with Oxy's.

(Reading ahead in tweets, MS is continuing to protest a bit, speaking directly to the jury about the nature of rap lyrics. Seems like that's probably a bad idea, but of course I wouldn't know. (Not there, not a lawyer, etc.) It's interesting that this is a subject he's really pushing back on. Maybe the only thing that was/is really important to him?)
I dunno, I feel like it may make them believe him more, given that he is looking right at them. IMO if you are lying you look up down and away, but not necessarily right at.

Wow! So MS was 20 years old when he quit school and he was in grade 10, most kids are 15 in grade 10. It reminds me of an old joke. What were the 5 hardest years of MS's life? Grade 9 😄

Blues clues lol. His lyrics are similar to other rappers, a whole lot of posturing and trying to convince others that you are one bad dude. That's what his target audience wants to hear. I wouldn't hold it against him but it does him no favours in court. I showed his rap to two of my kidults who enjoy rap and they both snickered at his art form.

I think TD has done a lot in his excellent cross examinations of witnesses to help convict DM. I also think DM's defence (I had to make a quick fix because auto-correct changed defence to dense! :) ) team has done quite a good job of putting MS and his story to the test. What I think both D sides have failed to do is disprove the Crown's case, so I do think both accused will be convicted. IMO, neither defence side defended their own client directly. The Crown will come out victorious in the end, and TB will have justice.

All MOO.

But unfortunately at the end of the day they don't need to disprove the crowns case - just create reasonable doubt - which as far as I'm concerned, regarding MS, still exists. Ask me again after the crown does their cross though, haha

Wow! So MS was 20 years old when he quit school and he was in grade 10, most kids are 15 in grade 10. It reminds me of an old joke. What were the 5 hardest years of MS's life? Grade 9 

Or how many years of high school?

Five!
2 in 9
3 in 10

MOO

Is Sachak upset that DM left a big trail, and MS can't remember what trail he took?
Unbelievable! I have to think this is leading somewhere, but I also thought that about the hose.

MOO

even judge is getting tired of Sachak's questioning. Not sure what he is after, other than to make MS angry and trip up his story.

Smich may not have done well in school but neither did Millard. JMO

OOPS .... Freudian slip .... Sachak referred to DM as the killer

(Adam Carter 3:07pm) "Why accept the weed of a killer if you're so scared of him?" Sachak says.

Well Blues Clues will now forever be tarnished in my mind that's for sure. Oh my gosh wow that was funny ...not scary at all IMO. Yikes..I give round 2 to MS. The crown may undo all that though and rip his story to shreds. I don't know why but I still feel some of his resolve on some points is because he's telling the truth. Either way I'm putting my trust in the jury with the front row seat to make the right decisions with their charge from the judge when all is said and done.

Ugh I would not want to be looking for the gun being a regular person. No way I'd want to get dragged into this circus. Let sleeping dogs lie. IMO

Agreed. And not sure, but if it were to be found, would it not trigger a mistrial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member