Bosma Murder Trial 05.17.16 - Day 50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being mentally ill and having an episode is one thing, but he (they) still drove around with a gun which isn't a normal Canadian thing to do--illegally obtained, unlicensed gun at that. Recipe for intent to shoot someone IMO. I think ever since he obtained the gun, he might have been itching to use it. IMO. I mean, why else did he want to risk his neck to buy an illegal gun? If for a hobby, why not buy a legal gun?

I was wondering if DM didn't carry his weapon with him all the time. MS had seen it just lying about at DM's residence, not put away or anything, just ready to grab and go, or come home and put on the hall table along with his keys, whatever. He seemed to always have a murse with him.. what would he need a murse for? He didn't smoke cigarettes.. he kept cash in his pants pockets. Also, remembering when LE showed up at the hangar on May 10th, DM fetched his murse. At the time, it was suspected that even if police had a search warrant at that point, they likely may not have had one which would allow a search of person, so he made sure to have the murse on his person. No idea, but I was thinking he prob carried it with him all the time, and that could be another potential reason for MS to not have considered this theft to be different from any other, if he even knew that DM had a gun with him. moo

<modsnip>I suppose it's not evidence persay but the May 3rd text asking for tape, gloves and an orange guy could be where the thought process came from that TB was perhaps bound with tape. JMO

This was also the same day that MS sent the fireside furniture pics, sausage in a pan pic. After that message MS asks DM to come and scope some of these things and missions. Then MS sent that message right after asking for gloves, tape. To me it seems like MS wanted to steal whatever was in those pics, and needed DM's help along with the gloves,tape. Even Adam Carter says he has no idea of the significance.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?305500-Bosma-Murder-Trial-04-19-16-Day-37/page4

Jmo

The whole DM defense trying to trip up MS to make him angry, show his true colours doesn't mean much imo. lol how many people on here got frustrated, annoyed with NS? The judge sure did based on reporter tweets

https://youtu.be/Y5-tB763znQ

If that's the video you are referring too, this link is Global News where they talk about it. In the video the director makes a statement how it was his vision, his idea, he was the one acting on the table. Thisvideo holds no weight....jmo

It holds no weight, but for DM's defence, which has nothing to work with, that would sure cause a scary moment for the jury, albeit an unfair one, since as you mentioned, MS was merely an actor. I'm not sure how MS's amateur homemade rap video is relevant to this murder trial either, but it certainly makes headlines, gets more readers, and attracts advertisers. In any case, even with all of the hype, it seems to have backfired since most seem to perceive him in the video as pretty non-scary. I wonder what antics are in store for tomorrow.

That could explain his rush to get his hands on all the drugs (and the gun) from DM's house as soon as possible. He was trying to get some extra money for the job he messed up since he was no longer going to get what was expected. Looking forward to when he gets to the details of the murder.

The worst part of MS's testimony is how everything is always someone else's fault. It was MM's fault that he asked for the bag of weed. It was MM and BD's fault that he buried the gun. Even when it came to his beloved rap music, when it got a little too close to home, well gee, DM must have wrote that part. Poor guy. No wonder he was crying under a blanket while he was being interrogated. (Visions of Rafferty dancing through my head.)

JMO

Yes, good thinking regarding the rush to get his hands on things. Too bad he didn't say, "and bring me any cash you find too." He might have gotten, what was it CN & MB found, $3,500 - $6,000?

So yes, he (may have) more likely wanted "pay" more than "money to pay for a lawyer." Maybe the way he "f---d up" was by not getting DM to pay him right away.

Here's another question I just thought of, if DM had $3,500 - $6,000 emergency money at home, why did he also go to pick up another $3,000 from the bank?

Like many other people here , I started out wondering why the heck Sachak didnt grill MS on the minute by minute details from when they picked Bosma up ... to the Yukon in the hayfeild , did they drive by Super Sucker more than once , did they drive west on Book Road and turn around before they went back up Trinity road ... things like that.

I (and others) found it frustrating that Sachak droned on and on about irrelevant stuff , rap lyrics , magic forests and magic mushrooms and sore shoulders.

However ..... I think Mr Sachak and DM both know and are afraid that if MS did provide such exact details it would go along ways to prove that there was no way MS was in the truck when TB was killed.

Anyone else thinking the same ? Opinions welcome

(Further to above) .... And if MS is lying and did the actual shooting , DM would know that and it would be a perfect opportunity for him to take the stand , give the exact details , and play the role of only being a truck thief and not murderer

MS offering SS up on a platter... Lisa Hepfner Tweet: "Once the stolen truck was back at the hangar, mechanic Shane Schlatman could pop the ignition out and allow them to start the stolen truck."

...and SS wouldn't ask any questions? Wouldn't know or assume anything about it maybe being "hot?" Come on now. --my opinion

The whole DM defense trying to trip up MS to make him angry, show his true colours doesn't mean much imo. lol how many people on here got frustrated, annoyed with NS? The judge sure did based on reporter tweets

Yes interesting... it definitely *is* frustrating for *everyone*. I think NS must have been hoping for a complete meltdown or something. But instead, it seems that NS's own client may have been experiencing some level of difficulty in controlling himself today.

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont
Millard looks agitated now in courtroom. Shifting around in his seat, watching Smich.
0 retweets 0 likes

Adam CarterVerified account &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago

"If you ask him, he would know the answers. If he choses not to come up here, that's his choice," Smich says about Millard.

Got to give MS credit here .... he is almost prodding and challenging DM to take the stand and "give his answers"

I highly doubt MS would encourage such a thing if he knew DM could pin the murder on him.

Cudos to MS .... he is playing hardball , and he is blurting those answers out on his own

These are not Rehearsed-Dungey-Coached-Memorized-Speeches.

Ahhhh the irony .... is MS making DM and Lawyer squirm like mice in the back seat of Igor's truck ???.

Yes, good thinking regarding the rush to get his hands on things. Too bad he didn't say, "and bring me any cash you find too." He might have gotten, what was it CN & MB found, $3,500 - $6,000?

So yes, he (may have) more likely wanted "pay" more than "money to pay for a lawyer." Maybe the way he "f---d up" was by not getting DM to pay him right away.

Here's another question I just thought of, if DM had $3,500 - $6,000 emergency money at home, why did he also go to pick up another $3,000 from the bank?

The "emergency" money at home was in the "moose" envelope according to DM. There was a Scott Moose in the phone exhibit.

I believe the money in the envelope was not an "emergency fund". Considering LW2 also considered a "Scotty" as a mutual friend, I'm guessing he was likely a dealer and the money in the envelope was for him.

The money that DM took out of the bank may have been for JV, to pay himself and his crew, as he said he was waiting to be paid that day and DM never came home to pay him.

MOO

Like many other people here , I started out wondering why the heck Sachak didnt grill MS on the minute by minute details from when they picked Bosma up ... to the Yukon in the hayfeild , did they drive by Super Sucker more than once , did they drive west on Book Road and turn around before they went back up Trinity road ... things like that.

I (and others) found it frustrating that Sachak droned on and on about irrelevant stuff , rap lyrics , magic forests and magic mushrooms and sore shoulders.

However ..... I think Mr Sachak and DM both know and are afraid that if MS did provide such exact details it would go along ways to prove that there was no way MS was in the truck when TB was killed.

Good point, maybe we will get to that. Sachak questions kind of jump all over the place but seems like he is working backwards to the event.

Where was the gun buried > who told him to bury it > how MS got the gun > the phone call with CN day of DM arrest > throw in rap career, MS/DM friendship etc > and finished today with Igor test drive.

Like I said maynbe we will get to that part with NS, if not hopefully the crown.

Jmo

Yes, this is tricky. He is defending DM not just pointing to MS's guilt. I can't imagine what he could ask to take the pressure off DM. I had the feeling with the "you treated Arthur like a slave" that he was mirroring how others were portraying DM toward MS and to point out MS wasn't a puppet afterall, perhaps.

Yes interesting... it definitely *is* frustrating for *everyone*. I think NS must have been hoping for a complete meltdown or something. But instead, it seems that NS's own client may have been experiencing some level of difficulty in controlling himself today.

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont
Millard looks agitated now in courtroom. Shifting around in his seat, watching Smich.
Looks like we were posting at the same time but thinking the same thing .... sounds just like Igor describing how DM was twitching and shifting around in his truck when he made the Israeli Soldier comment.

In tragedies like this I normally prefer cold hard facts and evidence but I confess to enjoy the drama we see unfolding here.

Talk about a variety of characters ... knowing Abro she will capture it in her book ... if she has a book signing with Igor in a Vodka Bar I would fly across the country to be there. :)

Maybe MS realized he *effed up,-- by asking for all the stuff* and he found he had a gun. If in fact the other "thing" was not to be a gun.

Didn't CN say she heard him say he f'ed up on the night of DM's arrest? That was before he got the gun or weed.

Looks like we were posting at the same time but thinking the same thing .... sounds just like Igor describing how DM was twitching and shifting around in his truck when he made the Israeli Soldier comment.

In tragedies like this I normally prefer cold hard facts and evidence but I confess to enjoy the drama we see unfolding here.

Talk about a variety of characters ... knowing Abro she will capture it in her book ... if she has a book signing with Igor in a Vodka Bar I would fly across the country to be there. :)

I too like the tidbits, about what they're wearing, facial expressions, etc.

Regarding the "cast of characters" I discuss the case with my husband over dinner (ha ha) and I made a reference to AM. He blurted, "Who is AM? I don't know all the characters of this show."

No, of course, it isn't a show, but being a behind the screen tweet reader, it does feel like reading a book of sorts which keeps us intrigued, and maybe even addicted.

MS offering SS up on a platter... Lisa Hepfner Tweet: "Once the stolen truck was back at the hangar, mechanic Shane Schlatman could pop the ignition out and allow them to start the stolen truck."

...and SS wouldn't ask any questions? Wouldn't know or assume anything about it maybe being "hot?" Come on now. --my opinion

You noticed that too .... SS is looking more and more tainted that he did at first .... or he could just be a see-nothing say-nothing mechanic who minds his own business.

I have changed many ignition switches , steering columns , door locks, trunk locks and trained others to do them ... all for legitimate insurance repairs in an authorized shop ... but quite frankly I would not know how to do it quickly at night to steal a car .... those guys are fast and can sometimes have a car driving down the street faster than most of us with keys in our pockets.

But they damage stuff .... smash windows , destroy the steering column & ignition switch and it is a real pain to fix it afterward. Have to get a new switch-key-chip assembly from the factory and sometimes re-program the cars computer to accept the new embedded chip.

It holds no weight, but for DM's defence, which has nothing to work with, that would sure cause a scary moment for the jury, albeit an unfair one, since as you mentioned, MS was merely an actor. I'm not sure how MS's amateur homemade rap video is relevant to this murder trial either, but it certainly makes headlines, gets more readers, and attracts advertisers. In any case, even with all of the hype, it seems to have backfired since most seem to perceive him in the video as pretty non-scary. I wonder what antics are in store for tomorrow.

I doubt that the jury will see that video, but it does say that either he's a bad actor and he's not having to act in the video because being cast as the killer is a natural choice, or he's a good enough actor that we need to wonder which of the 3 MS's we've seen so far are the real one. (4-5 MS's if you count his videos).

I'm wondering how MS knew this if this was the first truck stolen?

Thats ok, that Crown will help the non-dream team out with that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members