Bosma Murder Trial 05.18.16 - Day 51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Sept 29, 2012, Smich was arrested for mischief with his friend Arthur, or Artour, is the correct spelling. This was for graffiti.
by Adam Carter 11:11 AM

This was on an overpass. Sachak asks what he sprayed. "There was a lot of it sir," Smich says. Sachak says the predominant graffiti was the tag "SAY10."
by Adam Carter 11:13 AM

Sachak again points out Millard wasn't involved. "Why did you spray SAY10 on that bridge?" he asks. "Graffiti, breakdancing, hip hop, it all ties in together," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:15 AM

I think Sachak is wasting way too much time trying to tear his character down. He is on trial for murder and not his past. In noway does anything he has done in his past make him a murderer. Everyone knows people who have assaulted someone, caught selling drugs, stolen a car and many other petty crimes he has been convicted of. I know a ton of guys who used to rap with violent lyrics (everyone outside their rap persona were not at all violent.) That is just the rap culture. I play violent video games myself. How many murderers do I know 0. It is time to move on. I was always told by lawyers do not focus on character is that is not what is on trial.

I like what he is doing today. MS is conveniently forgetting stuff that was before his confused, panicked, and afraid excuse.

The DUI charge would not have only included the arrest, but the charge and conviction. And the story was repeated several times to him...... and he can't remember who's SUV. BS!

"I think the jury should understand why you commit a criminal offence for your artistic ideals," Sachak asks. Smich again says it's part of hip hop culture.
by Adam Carter 11:16 AM

"A lot of people get paid for that stuff. It's an outlet," Smich says. "Some people don't approve of it, but it's another art form."
by Adam Carter 11:17 AM

Sachak asks why he didn't "play hockey" or "engage in positive things."
by Adam Carter 11:17 AM

Smich is just giving the same answers the Sachak asking the same question repeatedly.
by Adam Carter 11:18 AM

I like what he is doing today. MS is conveniently forgetting stuff that was before his confused, panicked, and afraid excuse.

The DUI charge would not have only included the arrest, but the charge and conviction. And the story was repeated several times to him...... and he can't remember who's SUV. BS!

I really don't get why it matters whose SUV it is. I also don't understand why MS would not just say whose it was. What does it matter to this case if was Santa Claus' SUV?

Sachak says he's "very familiar" with Eminem and other rap artists. They're now talking about hip hop and artistic expression.
by Adam Carter 11:19 AM

Sachak now again saying that Smich's "menacing cruel," rap lyrics are an "artistic diary" of Smich's "criminality." "Absolutely not," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:20 AM

Sachak now says that in hip hop culture there are artists who are "engaged in the exact same sort of criminality" as Smich. "Stephen King writes pretty graphic novels ... he's never done any of that stuff," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:21 AM

"I don't think Stephen King is facing a first-degree murder charge," Sachak says.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Toronto, Ontario
Sachak: Why were you drinking and driving? Smich: I'm not sure, sir #Bosma #HamOnt

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Why were you drinking and driving? "I'm not sure sir." Smich says he's having difficulty remembering all his charges. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Jury is back. Sachak asks again, why were you drinking and driving. Says Smich was driving an SUV. Smich says he doesn't know. #Bosma

Sachak says this was his last conviction. He asks again "why were you drinking and driving?" He asks whose car he was driving. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
"I honestly don't recall, Smich says he has difficulty remembering all these charges. But this was just 6 years ago, Sachak says

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
"That's your last conviction," Sachak doesn't believe Smich's lack of memory. "Who's car were you driving?"

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich was not licensed when he was caught for drunk driving. #Bosma #HamOnt

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Sachak asks whose car Smich was driving. He doesn't remember. He also didn't have a licence. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Smich has never had a driver's license. Never went for official driving lessons. Never had a car. #Bosma

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
Smich now addressing the fact he has never had a license to drive a car, owned a car, nor has he ever learned to drive. #Bosma

Sachak asks again: "whose car were you driving drunk?" Smich says it was a long time ago, he's trying to turn his mind to it. #Bosma

Sachak asks if he remembers the SUV going into a ditch and rolling. Smich says it was six years ago. #Bosma

***MS is not doing himself any favours not owning up to anything. Foolish move. Obviously he stole the SUV. SMH

These things about MS are all the reasons DM was attracted to him!

I really don't get why it matters whose SUV it is. I also don't understand why MS would not just say whose it was. What does it matter to this case if was Santa Claus' SUV?

It doesn't matter based on what we know, but I am calling his inability to recall BS.
MOO

"Those rap lyrics are a reflection of your inner soul, aren't they?" Sachak says. "Not at all," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:23 AM

Now the morning recess. Back in 20 mins.
by Adam Carter 11:23 AM

If he stole it and admitted to it on the stand. It would be huge for DM'S team.

In Sept 2012, he was arrested for mischief with his friend Arthur. It was for spraying graffiti on an overpass. #Bosma

Sachak asks what the graffiti was. Smich says they "sprayed the whole place." #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Toronto, Ontario
Sachak going line by line through Smich's prior convictions. We're hearing about graffiti Smich sprayed in Oakville 'SAY10' #Bosma #HamOnt

Sachak suggests the predominant word was "SAY10." Smich says he used that yes. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 58s58 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
SAY10 was Smich's nickname, one he used in his rap lyrics. #Bosma #HamOnt

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 1m1 minute ago
Millard's lawyer now focusing on Smich #tagging overpass with his nickname "Say10" pronounced SATAN. #Bosma @CTVNews

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
In 2012 Smich and Arthur were arrested for mischief. Spray painted graffiti on 4th line overpass at QEW in @townofoakville

SAY10 was the predominant graffiti, Sachak fills in when Smich won't answer. Smich says he did tag that name a lot. Also sprayed other stuff

Sachak asks if Dellen Millard was with him that night. "He was not there that time, no," Smich says. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 36s37 seconds ago
Sachak asks why he sprayed say10. He says he did graffiti, break dancing, hip hop, "it all ties in together. Something I grew up on." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 57s57 seconds ago
Why did you spray SAY10 on the overpass? "Graffiti, breakdancing, hip hop, it all ties in together. Something I grew up on."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Says Millard was not with him "that time." Smich says graffiti, hip hop and break dancing were all things he grew up with.

"Break dancing, graffiti, rap music... all goes together." Smich talking about spray painting bridge. #Bosma @CTVNews

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Sachak asks why commit a criminal offence in doing that. Smich says "it's part of the hip hop culture, sir." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 50s51 seconds ago
Sachak says to quote him yesterday, hip hop doesn't mean you do criminal activity. He asks why he engaged in criminality.

"I think the jury should understand why you commit a criminal offence for your artistic ideals," Sachak asks. #TimBosma #Bosma

"A lot of people get paid for that stuff. It's an outlet," Smich says. "Some people don't approve of it, but it's another art form." #Bosma

"Painting is something I enjoy doing," Smich says. Whether legally or illegally. "It's part of the hip hop culture, like rhyming"

Just because you listen to hip hop doesn't mean you have to engage in criminality, Sachak says.

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Sachak asks why he doesn't express himself by playing hockey instead. #Bosma

Sachak asks why he didn't "play hockey" or engage in something positive. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 50s50 seconds ago
Smich is just giving the same answers the Sachak asking the same question repeatedly. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak asks Smich, Why not play hockey? #Bosma #HamOnt

"I don't know how to explain it properly," Smich says. #Bosma

Millard's lawyer tying his willingness to break law by tagging and his rap music and the violent language. Smich "hip hop culture." #Bosma

Sachak says he's "very familiar" with Eminem and other rap artists. They're now talking about hip hop and artistic expression. #Bosma

Pierce Lang ‏@piercelang_tv 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sachack seems lost here DJing, Rapping, Break Dancing, and Graffiti are the 4 Elements. Smich struggling to explain. #Bosma @CogecotvHalton

I was saying your raps are your innermost feelings yesterday, Sachak says, and you disagreed with me.

Breakdancing isn't illegal but it all ties in together. Writing rhymes isn't illegal. Unfortunately graffiti where you're not supposed to is

Raps are an artistic diary of your creativity, Sachak says. That's why you committed a mischief. Smich is still disagreeing.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 49s50 seconds ago
There are rap artists who have engaged in the sort of criminality Smich wrote about, Sachak says.

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak now again saying that Smich's "menacing cruel," rap lyrics are an "artistic diary" of Smich's "criminality." #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak trying to tie rapping, graffiti and criminality together. #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
Millard's lawyer "Your rap music is a diary of your criminality." Smich "No sir, I disagree." #Bosma @CTVNews

Millard's lawyer says he's familiar with rap artists, like Eminem. #Bosma #HamOnt

Pierce Lang ‏@piercelang_tv 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sachack still trying to connect the raps to reality because it's criminal just like graffiti.#Bosma @CogecotvHalton

Smich compares Stephen King to Dr. Seuss. Sachak replies that Stephen King is not facing a first degree murder charge. #Bosma

"Stephen King writes pretty graphic novels ... he's never done any of that stuff," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

"I don't think Stephen King is facing a first-degree murder charge," Sachak says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich says in defence of his rap music "@StephenKing write graffic disturbing novels, and he doesn't kill anyone." Sachak agrees #Bosma

Sachak says he's "very familiar" with Eminem and other rap artists. They're now talking about hip hop and artistic expression.
by Adam Carter 11:19 AM

Sachak now again saying that Smich's "menacing cruel," rap lyrics are an "artistic diary" of Smich's "criminality." "Absolutely not," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:20 AM

Sachak now says that in hip hop culture there are artists who are "engaged in the exact same sort of criminality" as Smich. "Stephen King writes pretty graphic novels ... he's never done any of that stuff," Smich says.

"I don't think Stephen King is facing a first-degree murder charge," Sachak says.

Good response from MS, and a non-sequitur response from NS. I don't think NS likes being shown up.

"That video the jury saw is an reflection of your true aspirations... of your inner soul." Smich disagrees. #Bosma

Sir, I've written thousands in my lifetime. It doesn't mean anything, Smich insists. Morning recess. #TimBosma

"Those rap lyrics are a reflection of your inner soul, aren't they?" Sachak says. "Not at all," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 48s49 seconds ago
Jury going for morning break. #Bosma

It may not seem like it, but I think NS is scoring some serious points today.

He is trying to paint MS as a liar, or at least someone with a very selective memory that only seems to work when it suits his case.

Dare I say it, but it could be working.

I really don't get why it matters whose SUV it is.
IMO: If he doesn't know who owned the car, you can conclude that it was stolen. And therefore MS stole cars before meeting DM. And therefore there's potentially some doubt who orchestrated this Bosma theft.
I read about this incident a long time ago in some background research on MS -- can't recall the exact details but I believe it made reference to LE having enough evidence to charge him with DUI but not for car theft. Will try to find this....

From CJPRINCESS...

I think it was musicaljokes that wanted more info on my truck.
It's a 2003 Ram 3500 Quad cab. Not much of anything has changed on the Rams over the years. Hubby said the only different between his and TB'S is the year and ours is a dually.
The other variable would be TB'S height. We know he's slender and about 170lbs. I say I'm 5'3" hubby says 5'2" and thin. Hubby could do it (just barely) but he's not slender...lol, he likes beer :D

RAM.jpg

My memory fails me...was he ever charged or convicted of stealing a vehicle in the past?

If he was, no doubt that would have come up as well. I think he was probably driving either his own mother's vehicle or the vehicle of perhaps one of his friend's parents, and may have had that friend with him. It appears that the vehicle owner probably didn't press that he had taken the vehicle "without permission".

FWIW, I know many kids who have done this. Not saying it's right or okay by any means, but that is something a lot of youth do.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members