Bosma Murder Trial 05.18.16 - Day 51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has admitted doing it twice though. But if this was the DUI incident Im sure there would be a theft charge.

I think he's admitted to "popping the ignition" of a couple of older cars. He did not mention why he was practicing to do this or if it involved actually stealing the cars. ;)

MOO

I think he's admitted to "popping the ignition" of a couple of older cars. He did not mention why he was practicing to do this or if it involved actually stealing the cars. ;)

MOO
He's obviously done it enough to know that the screwdriver will only work on older vehicles. That tells me he's done it at least twice.

It may not seem like it, but I think NS is scoring some serious points today.

He is trying to paint MS as a liar, or at least someone with a very selective memory that only seems to work when it suits his case.

Dare I say it, but it could be working.

All of us are armchair investigators saying how we would do something if in this situation we are reading about but reading about it and being directly involved are two very different things. None of us can really know how we would respond or what we we would do or why we would do them that way. I feel if MS is telling the truth about that night which is likely and not having a memory of where he exactly buried it is possible for sure considering all the circumstances but now hes in a position where he essentially has to be consistent in what he remembers and doesn't remember from the past as to not be labelled a liar even if he is in fact telling the truth. Trying to put myself in MS's shoes a guy with a criminal record who we know definitely touched this gun at some point even if not directly in the matter of Tim Bosma it would be easy to understand why he would think LE would not believe him etc etc and want to get rid of it. Add in drugs and alcohol and all this other stuff its plausible what hes saying.

Yeah, I get it, hot-wiring and stealing cars is bad, immoral and illegal. BUT it does not make one a murderer, NOR does it imply the capacity to commit murder. If it did, the SS should be up on 1st degree murder charges as well.

Court now resuming.
by Adam Carter 11:45 AM

Sachak again talking about the drinking and driving charge. "Do you recall running away from the scene so the police couldn't arrest you?"

I think either way, he is not helping himself.

If he lies and it is discovered he has ripped off a vehicle in the past, without DM, I think it really hurts his credibility.

If he says he can't remember whose SUV it is, the jury is going to see right through him, especially with the "I am confusing myself" line.

What accent is Smich going for in that video, anyone know? Or is it just 'wannabe gangsta'?
Is he stoned in that video? His expressions seem so bizarre like when he says "dangle you off the roof too" and looks up and almost wolf-howls the "too"
i don't have much experience with rap, but those facial expressions don't look like rappers I've seen. I don't think I've seen a stoned rapper before though...

He's obviously done it enough to know that the screwdriver will only work on older vehicles. That tells me he's done it at least twice.

My son had a dodge minivan stolen from him this way. It seems that because they were so easy to steal, thieves stole a van for a break and enter job. This way they could abandon the van if need be.

In his case it was a successful break and enter, and his van was located abandoned and still running the next day. Both the door and the ignition were damaged. They stick a screwdriver through the doorskin, pop the door lock and then force the ignition on with the same screwdriver. Takes them under 30 seconds.

MOO

Smich says he "has't turned his mind to this" and doesn't want to say anything wrong because he's confused.

I'd say he's pretty lucky if he in fact rolled in a SUV a few times into a ditch and could run away from it. I know others who weren't so lucky in similar situations.

Sachak also asks if Smich remembers the police coming to his mother's house afterwards. "I'm sorry, I don't remember," Smich says. "I haven't been focused on any of this stuff."
by Adam Carter 11:46 AM

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Back. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Back. Sachak picks up talking about Smich's impaired driving charges. #Bosma #HamOnt

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says "I haven't turned my mind to this." Says he doesn't want to say anything wrong because he is confused. #Bosma

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak asking about Smich's DUI. He asks if Smich remembers crashing and rolling a truck then running away. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says he hasn't turned his mind to it. Sachak tells him to take all the time he needs. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
"Do you recall running away from the scene so the police couldn't arrest you?" #TimBosma #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
Millard's lawyer wanting Smich to talk about his drinking and driving. Flipping truck, running away. Smich "can't turn mind to it." #Bosma

Sachak suggests police came to his house to ask him if he needed medical attention. Smich says "again sir sorry I don't remember." #Bosma

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak asks if he remembers when the police arrested him at his mother's house. Smich says he can't remember. #Bosma

Sachak asking if seeing the charges didn't refresh his memory. Smich says it doesn't.
by Adam Carter 11:48 AM

Sachak now asking about Igor Tumanenko's test drive. Sachak says Millard wasn't wearing a hoodie. Smich says he doesn't think either of them was.
by Adam Carter 11:49 AM

This was on May 5, the day before Bosma disappeared. Smich says he can't remember exactly what Millard was wearing that day.
by Adam Carter 11:49 AM

"That's the day before Mr. Bosma was shot, right?" Sachak says. "The day before Dell shot Mr. Bosma," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:50 AM

Sachak asks if he remembers refusing medical attention. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak also asks if Smich remembers the police coming to his mother's house afterwards. "I'm sorry, I don't remember," Smich says. #Bosma

Smich again doesn't remember. Sachak says he's reviewed disclosure including his record before he testified. #Bosma

"To a certain extent, I didn't really turn my mind to it," he says. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak asking if seeing the charges didn't refresh his memory. Smich says it doesn't. #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
Sachak is asking more about the drunk driving crash. Smich refused medical attention after rolling the SUV

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
Smich says it's difficult to answer because he hasn't "turned his mind" to it in awhile.

All of us are armchair investigators saying how we would do something if in this situation we are reading about but reading about it and being directly involved are two very different things. None of us can really know how we would respond or what we we would do or why we would do them that way. I feel if MS is telling the truth about that night which is likely and not having a memory of where he exactly buried it is possible for sure considering all the circumstances but now hes in a position where he essentially has to be consistent in what he remembers and doesn't remember from the past as to not be labelled a liar even if he is in fact telling the truth. Trying to put myself in MS's shoes a guy with a criminal record who we know definitely touched this gun at some point even if not directly in the matter of Tim Bosma it would be easy to understand why he would think LE would not believe him etc etc and want to get rid of it. Add in drugs and alcohol and all this other stuff its plausible what hes saying.

Totally agree - plus he was clearly an addict and is now clean "trying to do the right thing" by putting himself up on the stand and admitting to being part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by CJPRINCESS View Post
Thanks Andrew I'm not sure why I can't post pics on this forum.

Too big. The photo you sent me was 9MB. I resized it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties