Bosma Murder Trial 05.19.16 - Day 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beware the mention of Tim Bosma putting up a struggle. I think this is the scheming psychopath DM attempting to insert an image of Tim Bosma bravely putting up a fight, one that many might cling to or believe because we all want to think that he did fight for his life. This is a sneaky attempt at winning over jury, family, and friends to believe his narrative, and not MS.

But the reality is they shot him unsuspectingly, like the cowards they are, and he had no chance to fight back.

So where is the evidence of a struggle the crown mentioned? Like you say, a gun doesn't provide much opportunity to struggle. How did the rear view mirror get broken off if not in a struggle? I say struggle without the use of a gun at this point. Not a struggle with the driver either. MYO

I agree and I don't recall there being any "clean up" of the Yukon to ensure there was no TB DNA left behind from Smitch. There's no way there wouldn't be a transfer of something. The Yukon was a pigsty when it was shown as evidence. I tend to lean towards MS was not in the vehicle for the shooting. Evidence everywhere except that seems very unlikely. JMO

Wonder if the Yukon ever had a window replaced? Maybe in the back where the carpet was missing?

Do you have anything to support this idea that, apart from GSR on the hands, human beings walk around transferring GSR from their bodies?

Also it was the front seats of the truck that had to be removed because they were covered in blood not the back seats so there is no reason to believe that someone in the back seat would have been covered in blood and transferring it.

So would you say shooting someone from the back seat at close range, MS would have no blood on him at all to transfer into the Yukon?

Seriously Abro, you think I'm putting stock into somthing someone put on a chat board? You've clearly misunderstood those few posts! I was pointing out that I SEEN that video the other poster was speaking of and that Claroon could pull that video because it was her that thought she seen more then two people in it!!!

There are NO people in that video. If there were it would have been evidence in court.
Just to clarify here, I posted (#211) asking if another video exists. I remember a completely different video that was clearer, in a parking lot and from a completely different angle. It was confirmed that I imagined that (following the case so intensely, I dream about [emoji2]). Sorry if this caused a controversy. I was not referring to the bobcat video.

possible timeline, though it means that they head back through TB's neighbourhood, close to his house with his body in his truck. Seems risky even for these guys. Plus I've bought into the observation that DM's defense's earlier argument about the 'three' sightings on the security camera was done in apparent anticipation of MS's testimony (or the possibility that Dungey could convey it)

What would you expect them to do? Just drive away in the truck and leave the Yukon in the field forever? Or grab their own vehicle and get outta Dodge as quick as possible.

The extra sightings on the security camera had to be Tim's truck. There was simply not enough traffic (as first admitted by MS) in that rural area to coincidentally be a different truck, so closely matching, in such a short interval of time. JMO

So would you say shooting someone from the back seat at close range, MS would have no blood on him at all to transfer into the Yukon?

Actually, I'd have to go through the blood spatter evidence again. But wasn't there traces of blood on the back seat as well.

Both sides were stupid on that. The object of changing plates was simply to eliminate the risk of cops identifying TBs truck if the wife panicked and called it in. What car the plates come from make little difference unless the police run them. Plates from a honda will work every bit as well as plates from a RAM, just don't get pulled over.

But your missing the part where Police routinely run plates of cars on the road. Ever noticed a cop driving around following you for a little bit? They are running your plates to get info on the vehicle and possible driver.

Most police will run the plate before they decide to pull someone over to get a sense what they are looking at.

So where is the evidence of a struggle the crown mentioned? Like you say, a gun doesn't provide much opportunity to struggle. How did the rear view mirror get broken off if not in a struggle? I say struggle without the use of a gun at this point. Not a struggle with the driver either. MYO

Hmm, sorry to be that person, but do you have a link for the Crown mentioning a struggle during the trial? I thought that was an early LE quote.

I'd also wondered why the rearview mirror was dangling, but more astute posters pointed out that it was probably detached to dust for prints.

Just to clarify here, I posted (#211) asking if another video exists. I remember a completely different video that was clearer, in a parking lot and from a completely different angle. It was confirmed that I imagined that (following the case so intensely, I dream about [emoji2]). Sorry if this caused a controversy. I was not referring to the bobcat video.

But I was confirming that you didn't have a vivid dream. That I remember that clip but couldn't find it either. It seems that that video we are remembering was something someone edited and posted from the bobcat roadside video. That explains why we are not finding it now, in the evidence files.

Anyone volunteering to transcribe the twitterverse? :please:

I'll do it if noone else can.....may be a little behind again though (Even without interruptions it's impossible to keep up!)

But your missing the part where Police routinely run plates of cars on the road. Ever noticed a cop driving around following you for a little bit? They are running your plates to get info on the vehicle and possible driver.

Most police will run the plate before they decide to pull someone over to get a sense what they are looking at.

Still doesn't matter. If he ran the plate he'd see it belonged to a 2003 red RAM. Unless he knew the difference in model years, he'd just assume it had been painted. But the chance of him getting pulled over would be close to zero provided he didn't speed and stayed between the lines. You also forget that it would of been impossible for cops to see the plates because the Yukon was running interference.

These two dimwits, who were captured on camera multiple times during the theft, murder, and incineration phases, now MS testifies that they had considered cameras in their planning...
This truly is a dumb and dumber sequel, but not funny in the least.:notgood:

NS was suggesting that changing plates was a stupid idea (i.e. Planting the suggestion that MS invented the whole sequence of events) - but there is some logic to it. Once TB was reported missing, the police would look for his license plate number. After the plates are swapped his license plate is no longer on the road.
It's not a close inspection of registration they were worried about, it was the possibility that TB's plates would be spotted.
But again these are the guys who travelled what 30-45 minutes or so with a dead man slumped in the front seat (if you believe MS - otherwise the theory that they transferred him to the truck bed makes more sense, though where would they have done this. Outside the CAT dealership wouldn't be a wise location to do it I assume, even if they didn't know about the cameras)

I find this fascinating. Essentially what we have here is confirmation that both Defenses are agreeing that their clients were involved and were at the scene. The debate now is over whether they were together when Tim was shot or if Dell did it himself. IMO...they were both in the truck when they did it. This was planned well ahead of the actual event. There is enough evidence to show pre-meditation...texts about getting the incinerator ready, taking a gun on a test drive etc. etc. etc. etc. MS' story just sounds too far fetched to me. MOO

My mind has led me to this as my timeline:
They leave Tim's driveway and do indeed drive north on Trinity, past where DM's Yukon was stashed away. This would feel like an actual test drive to Tim..heading north towards the highway. Not only does this support the missing time that we are talking about but it also removes the suggestion that Tim was shot in the very short distance from his driveway to where the Yukon was.
During this test drive, Tim's life was taken. They return to Trinity and Book and MS gets in the Yukon and follows DM. They get the hell out of the area and drive to Brantford where they pull over at the Bobcat dealer to regroup and change plates before heading to the farm. From there time timeline is pretty clear. MOO

Both guilty of 1st degree... MOO

Just throwing this thought out there, after reading your post. To me, it doesn't make any sense at all if the above is what transpired, because... if the 3 drove on past Supersucker and shortly thereafter, one or both shot TB dead, and then returned to the farmer's driveway to pick up the Yukon.. that is imo an impossibly stupid thing to have done. They had no control over what they might find on their return for the Yukon. Imagine if TB's wife and roomie were out walking the dog right at that time, and saw Tim's truck driving back.. they could have been AT the farmer's driveway, and SEEN the Yukon, even been standing beside it by then.. they see Tim's truck coming back, and go out to the road to say hey what's up.. and there he is shot dead. Or.. the duo see the wife and just take off, but have to leave their truck.. busted bigtime. Doesn't make sense to have taken that kind of risk SO CLOSE to TB's house. moo

Both sides were stupid on that. The object of changing plates was simply to eliminate the risk of cops identifying TBs truck if the wife panicked and called it in. What car the plates come from make little difference unless the police run them. Plates from a honda will work every bit as well as plates from a RAM, just don't get pulled over.

Well, not quite. In Ontario plates from passenger cars (like Hondas) have blue letters while plates from pickup trucks (like Rams) have black letters. But your point is valid. The dead body was pro ably a bigger problem that the plates.

Absolutely agree.

I just get a chuckle out of these "MS is doing the right thing", "trying to come clean" or "has a conscience."

No. Not even a little bit.

Mark Smich, if nothing else, is somewhere decent at math.

He knows the difference between life with no chance of parole for 25 years, and a second degree or manslaughter conviction. He'll do whatever he can to make sure the number comes out in his favour.

He's not that great at math. He is 28 now and thinks he was 24 when the crime happened.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 53s53 seconds ago
Back from lunch. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 31s31 seconds ago
#Bosma jury is on its way back from lunch.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 37s38 seconds ago
Jury back. @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 14s15 seconds ago
Sachak going back to the stop by Bobcat of Brantford. Smich agrees the truck stopped and he stopped behind it. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 12s13 seconds ago
Sachak is now asking about what happened at Bobcat of Brantford. #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members