Bosma Murder Trial 05.19.16 - Day 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 39s40 seconds ago
Sachak now asking where the SIM cards are for the phones. He's done this already. #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 30s31 seconds ago
Smich agrees. Dell was under arrest and couldn't pay for phone any longer. Sachak asks where the SIM card is for the Samsung from May 6.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15s16 seconds ago
Smich says it was a samsung one, on very left of photo. Sachak asks where the SIM card is. Smich says he doesn't know. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 22s22 seconds ago
Smich again says he doesn't know where the SIM cards are. "You asked me the question the other day sir," Smich says. #Bosma #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 17s17 seconds ago
Where's the SIM card? Smich doesn't know. Without it, police couldn't get info from Smich phone. #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13s13 seconds ago
"Like I said, I don't know," says Smich. He doesn't know where SIM card is for phone Sachak says he used night of murder. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 49s50 seconds ago
Smich says he had either that phone or another, an LG chocolate, with him on May 6, 2013. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 21s22 seconds ago
Smich would switch SIM cards between phones, he says

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 57s58 seconds ago
This marathon cross examination is becoming repetitive. Sachak is again asking Smich what happened to his SIM card. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 53s54 seconds ago
"Just like we don't have a gun, we can't get any information from [that phone]," Sachak says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 46s47 seconds ago
Smich says there's no "valuable information" on that phone. #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 39s40 seconds ago
The phone doesn't have to be destroyed if the SIM card is destroyed, Sachak laughs

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 38s39 seconds ago
Sachak has been through this line of questioning about the phones before, but is doing it again. #TImBosma #Bosma

Safe to assume the judge has to allow this indefinitely? Don't think he is doing his client any favours....

I understand that DM is fighting for his life but I actually believe this is beginning to do more harm than good for his client. Man oh man

That whole "Dell wanted to call the ambulance" backfired, I think. Definitely did more harm than good.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 53s53 seconds ago
Sachak now asking him where the SIM card to another phone is. Smich again says he doesn't know. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 46s46 seconds ago
Sachak asking about SIM card for another Smich phone. Smich says he doesn't know where it is.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 43s43 seconds ago
Sachak again asking where the SIM cards are. Smich says he doesn't know. #TImBosma #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 25s25 seconds ago
Still talking about the SIM card, a topic we've already explored. #TImBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 52s53 seconds ago
"The SIM card's gone, the red hoodie's gone, the gun's gone..." Sachak says.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 43s44 seconds ago
"The SIM card's gone, the red hoodie's gone," Sachak says. Smich says he doesn't think so. "The gun's gone," Sachak says. #BOsma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 24s25 seconds ago
Mark Smich canceled his facebook account after Millard's arrest. #TimBosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 11s12 seconds ago
Sachak now asking Smich when he cancelled his facebook page. Smich says it was after Millard was arrested, because media called. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15s16 seconds ago
"Mr. #Bosma is gone gone. The gun is gone gone. The SIM cards gone gone. The hoodie's gone gone (Smich disputes this point)..."

May 19 2016 4:26 PM Adam Carter
Sachak asks Smich what Daly was saying on the 10th when Millard and Smich were there. Smich says he can't recall. "I just know that Dell came over and he left after that."

May 19 2016 4:27 PM Adam Carter
Sachak now showing a photo of Smich's four phones.

May 19 2016 4:28 PM Adam Carter
Sachak now asking where the SIM cards are for the phones. He's done this already.

May 19 2016 4:29 PM Adam Carter
Smich again says he doesn't know where the SIM cards are. "You asked me the question the other day sir," Smich says.

May 19 2016 4:30 PM Adam Carter
"Just like we don't have a gun, we can't get any information from [that phone]," Sachak says. Smich says there's no "valuable information" on that phone.

May 19 2016 4:31 PM Adam Carter
Sachak has been through this line of questioning about the phones before, but is doing it again.

May 19 2016 4:32 PM Adam Carter
Sachak again asking where the SIM cards are. Smich says he doesn't know.

Dungey, Goodman, someone, anyone. Please shut down this crazy, never-ending cross. Before we know it Sachak will start asking again where the gun is buried.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 57s58 seconds ago
Mr Bosma's gone gone, the SIM card gone gone, the gun gone gone, the red hoodie, and Facebook & email? Sachak asks

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 54s55 seconds ago
Smich says after his arrest, he asked someone to reconnect his facebook page, and then it was suspended again. #TimBosma #BOsma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 43s44 seconds ago
"And your FB is gone gone." Smich says he had it reactivated once after his arrest and then cancelled again.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 42s43 seconds ago
Facebook account "temporarily disabled," says Smich. After his arrest he asked someone to reconnect it, says Smich.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 53s53 seconds ago
Sachak asks if Smich "cancelled his email addresses." Smich says he doesn't even know if you can do that. #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 46s46 seconds ago
Smich isn't sure you can cancel an email address. "I've had many email addresses"

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 45s45 seconds ago
Had 2 hotmail accounts and never disabled them, says Smich.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 21s21 seconds ago
I've seen Justice Goodman look at the clock repeatedly during Sachak's cross examination. #TimBosma

If this were a UFC fight, Dungey would have had Sachak tapping out after ten seconds.

These two are not even in the same class. Looks good on you, Dellen the Felon.
I'm glad everyone is starting to see what I saw long ago about the defense. I realize they don't have much to go on. But their courtroom performance is pathetic IMO

May 19 2016 4:33 PM Adam Carter
"The SIM card's gone, the red hoodie's gone," Sachak says. Smich says he doesn't think so. "The gun's gone," Sachak says.

May 19 2016 4:33 PM Adam Carter
Sachak now asking Smich when he cancelled his facebook page. Smich says it was after Millard was arrested, because media called.

May 19 2016 4:34 PM Adam Carter
Smich says after his arrest, he asked someone to reconnect his facebook page, and then it was suspended again.

May 19 2016 4:35 PM Adam Carter
Sachak asks if Smich "cancelled his email addresses." Smich says he doesn't even know if you can do that.

May 19 2016 4:36 PM Adam Carter
Usually we stop before 4:30 p.m., but we're still here. Sachak asks for a "brief recess." Goodman asks the jury to step out.

Ya, well where are DM'S clothes from that night?!

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 46s47 seconds ago
Jury is asked to step out for a brief break. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 45s46 seconds ago
Sachak is asking for a break. The jury steps out. #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 41s42 seconds ago
We're having another break. Jury asked to step out "momentarily." #bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Usually we stop before 4:30 p.m., but we're still here. Sachak asks for a "brief recess." Goodman asks the jury to step out #Bosma #TimBosma

Does Sachak know the definition of brief? MOO

Anyone else find it strange that the 'rich' guy couldn't afford as good of a lawyer as the 'poorer' guy? What a strange twist of fate..

I wish he'd blurt that out! Because I'm wondering if that's the truth. He already helped clean up another murder. IMO

I am wondering ... If MS did blurt out something like that, could that cause a mistrial?

Anyone know?

By the way, thank you to everyone who works so hard to supply us all with tweets everyday! Extremely grateful.

I am hoping this recess is to ask his team if there are any other questions to ask and then hopefully he will say he is done before today ends.

I am wondering ... If MS did blurt out something like that, could that cause a mistrial?

Anyone know?

By the way, thank you to everyone who works so hard to supply us all with tweets everyday! Extremely grateful.

Jury would be instructed to disregard the comment. After the trial, lawyers could argue that the comment prejudiced the jury. It'd be up to that judge to decide.

May 19 2016 4:08 PM Adam Carter
Smich agrees that he saw Millard on May 9 as well, and he was back to his normal self.

May 19 2016 4:09 PM Adam Carter
"From the 6th to the 9th, how many times did Dell pull a gun on you?" Sachak says. "He didn't." Smich says.

May 19 2016 4:11 PM Adam Carter
Smich agrees the police had his fingerprints. Sachak says there was a conversation that took place on the hangar on May 9, and Smich said he had prints on Igor Tumanenko's truck. Smich says no. Sachak says that's when Smich gave Millard the gun, and again, Smich says no.

May 19 2016 4:12 PM Adam Carter
"This is Dell's gun, he had it the whole time," Smich says.

And DM is just going to take said gun and say... Awww buddy don't worry I'll take care of it all. There there. Head pat. Come on.

Sachak asked for the recess?

Guess he needs to look something up in that "How To Cross A Witness" book he is reading.

I honestly thought with all that bizarre posturing and repeated questions, it was leading us somewhere. I really thought he had something in his back pocket and was going to come out with one of those "WOW" moments we have been waiting for.

Boy, was I wrong.

Ok seriously.. .. Don't worry about dates I don't want it rehearsed just answer the question. What a way to implicate yourself. Just answer and have no idea what the hell he's referring to?

All comments are JMO unless stated otherwise

I honestly thought with all those bizarre posturing and repeated questions, it was leading us somewhere. I really thought he had something in his back pocket and was going to come out with one of those "WOW" moments we have been waiting for.

Boy, was I wrong.

I was thinking the same exact thing. That there would be a 'gotcha' moment. Nope. If anything, he has helped MS with his defence.

I wonder if Sachak underestimated MS and thought he could trip him up/aggravate him by repeating questions. And while the testimony may be getting a bit testy at times, MS just keeps sticking to his story. Even correcting Sachak on little errors. The optics of it aren't good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste