Bosma Murder Trial 05.19.16 - Day 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing 'possessed'
Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
"Did it not occur to you that this lunatic might be luring you into some forest of darkness and shoot you too?" Sachak asks #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
Smich says his phone was dead so he couldn't call 911.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Smich says that's why he did what Millard said. #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
Did Smich think Millard would shoot him too? Once he was in the safety of the Yukon, didn't he realize he should drive away?

Sachak: "Did it occur to you that this lunatic may be luring you to some forest of darkness and he may shoot you too?"

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
Smich says this is why he did what Millard said-because he'd just killed someone. #Bosma

Sachak says Smich was only witness. Did he not think he would be killed too? Smich said he didn't think of that until days later.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
Smich says he'd like to use another word to describe Millard that night but is going to hesitate from using it. #Bosma

don't leave us hanging! what word?

The ever compassionate DM says oh no and then wants to call an ambulance. Then he decides to burn a mans body. Let's be 100% serious here no one was shot on the 403 that is a busy stretch of highway. As well no business after getting off at Wilson St caught the truck on camera from Wilson to Trinity that is all it is business. Also the guy who was unaware of the plan decides to drive around with a dead body beside him. Come on NS does any of it seem logical to you

I agree that DM would be lying about saying "Oh no!" and talking about calling an ambulance. However, it is not a stretch IMO to say TB was shot on the eastbound 403. I live in the immediate area and frequently drive on that section of the highway. There's a nice long straightaway from the on-ramp at Hwy 52 heading east toward the exit at Wilson St. The traffic can be very sparse on a Monday evening after 9pm. The reason is that prior to the Hwy 52 on-ramp, there are no other on-ramps to the highway until you go all the way back to Garden Ave in Brantford. It's a very long stretch and most of the eastbound traffic from beyond Brantford takes the 401.

It really is a nice, quiet drive on the 403 eastbound between Brantford to Ancaster. Speed traps aside, it would be a great place to test a fancy new sports car on.

If TB really was shot on the eastbound 403, they would have had to exit at Wilson St and take that road westbound back to Trinity Rd. It is entirely possible to do this loop within 10 minutes as the Super Sucker video suggests (9:05pm to 9:15pm). It is also plausible that no businesses along Wilson St had cameras pointing at the road. Walmart, Canadian Tire, etc. are all set back a good distance from the road. The Pioneer gas station at the Wilson St/Garner Rd junction would have been the best bet for possible video footage.

So if we're wrapping up tomorrow I sure hope the crown helps the jury members who may be on the fence. Still not sure it's first degree for MS. Moo

All comments are JMO unless stated otherwise

Day 37 (April 18, 2016), during Ravin Pillay's cross-examination of Mike Ryder (OPP forensic analyst), Susan Clairmont tweeted, "July 7, 2012. From Mark's IPad: "Never lonely, its just me & my chrome piece, Im holding the cards I was dealt..."

The creation date was brought up again on May 17, 2016, during Sachak's cross-examination of MS. Molly Hayes tweeted, "It says it was created July 7, 2012. It was modified on Oct 8, 2012."

In my opinion, there is a good chance that MS shot LB. Before DM would trust him on other murder missions, I think he would want him to prove himself. Maybe MS was so proud of his gangster self that he had to write a song about it. IMO

I actually think the oh no call an ambulance makes his story so unbelievable that it helps MS story. As well they tried to paint a picture DM was so rich he could just buy it the entire trial. Now they are admitting the plan was to steal it all along. Sachak really has done very little to raise doubt on MS's story. In fact all his rambling and cross of that day are making it seem more plausible. The forget the dates and forget the time just shows how made up his story is. He's made his client look even more guilty and Smich like he wasn't in the truck. The events after even more so. He is such a good friend he says I'm mad, but I'll bail you out. I'll drive around with a dead body, use my hangar, use my incenartor, I'll take the gun off your hands and we can stash it at my moms. In the mean time I'll set up appointments to get the car painted and pay for tools to swap the vin. I'll even keep the car keys for safe keep. You owe me big time Smich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually think the oh no call an ambulance makes his story so unbelievable that it helps MS story. As well they tried to paint a picture DM was so rich he could just buy it the entire trial. Now they are admitting the plan was to steal it all along. Sachak really has done very little to raise doubt on MS's story. In fact all his rambling and cross of that day are making it seem more plausible. The forget the dates and forget the time just shows how made up his story is. He's made his client look even more guilty and Smich like he wasn't in the truck. The events after even more so. He is such a good friend he says I'm mad, but I'll bail you out. I'll drive around with a dead body, use my hangar, use my incenartor, I'll take the gun off your hands and we can stash it at my moms. In the mean time I'll set up appointments to get the car painted and pay for tools to swap the vin. I'll even keep the car keys for safe keep. You owe me big time Smich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah NS didn't do much to help his client - which is difficult in the first place cause all the evidence is on DM!

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Sachak says they have illustrated that the timestamp on the videos "might be somewhat off." He then quickly moves on. #TimBosma #Bosma

Geesh, I can't imagine why :thinking:

Looks like MS is going to catch a break and get a long weekend before the Crown starts.
It could be bad for him. Lots of time for the crown to prepare to poke holes. I'm happy for this. The stronger the crown's case the less likely it is for MS to get off and bring it full circle. Hopefully it'll bring clarity.

I bet DM is kicking himself he didn't take the stand and give his grand performance. So far MS has just answered the same 3 questions
Where's the gun? Where did you put the gun? And where are the SIM cards?

Do you suppose by now DM has accepted his fate? I mean I really don't see the jury NOT accepting the guilty charge.

Back in May 2013 when clues were coming out and discussion was going on I was sure a guy 'like' MS was the murderer. MOO

When DM was arrested, I too fell for the rich guy charm and thought 'wow how odd this guy cant really be involved'. My prejudice on a guy like MS for his rapping, shady sort of lifestyle made me join 'the MS pulling the trigger' line of thinking.

I have now gone 100% the opposite direction and feel, I too was duped by DM and his shenanigans. Too many people kept a blind eye to DM and gave him pass after pass. The letters really did it for me on top of all the other overwhelming evidence. To me DM is a total control freak playing his minions with unfulfilled promises. He gives them crums and keeps them hanging on with dreams that 'ONE DAY' they will finally get what was promised. I feel DM was desperate for the truck and he pulled the trigger VERY close to how MS states but I am not totally convinced about all of MS's testimony. JMO

There is still evasion and cover up to some extent but for the most part I think it is sound. I am hoping that the crown can use what we have learned these last four days to get 'some' more of the truth out there. I don't feel 'justice' is served until we get the truth out there at least as much as possible...revenge maybe but not justice. JMO

I find many opportunities where MS could have lied but did not embellish, this makes his story much more believable. He had alot of chances to say he saw the flash or heard the bangs, but he didn't. It is totally plausible with his limited driving experience that he was paying 100% attention on just driving. MOO

I also suspect his lack of driving and unfamiliarity added to his following DM rather than running off to dial 911 as Sachak kept pressing. He was lost out there in the dark and blindly following a set of tail lights for the entire ride to the farm. I do not feel he was getting tripped up at all in questioning, and the only thing that NEVER gets tripped up is the truth. I do feel there is evasion on the loading of the incinerator and the disposal of the gun, both things that could either incriminate MS or get him in more hot water (ie if he loads the incinerator then he gets indignity to a body added to the AATF and 2nd or manslaughter along with theft over 5K, AND if the gun went to MWJ he fears a threat, or the gun was to be made to disappear to avoid evidence for the MWJ trial) JMO

Hopefully DM's team gets it over quick tomorrow morning, I feel for the family and jury, the last four days have been brutal. The crown wont likely start until Tuesday now IMO.

I would also LOVE to know what ELSE he wanted the truck for as MS eluded to before being shut down. I wonder if it had to do with the extra compartments in the trailer SS was building...we will probably never know now. ;)

Just caught up -- even that was exhausting.

For those who feel like they are in the Twilight Zone due to some of us wavering (or being uncertain) on MS--I can only speak for myself, but I don't want you to feel that way. I know I'm not being fully objective, which I keep saying. I am, however, sure the jury will do the right thing. They're there every day and they see and hear all the things the rest of us don't. And they see the Bosmas every day.

Any thoughts on why Sachak hasn't brought up the sausage texts? Or will that be the grand finale? He obviously doesn't mind implicating DM (as the receiver of the texts).

And finally, I have a short poll for you guys:

1. Did you call 911?

2. Why didn't you call 911?

What a fantastic post. Sure doesn't bode well for the "horrified and scared" MS.

The possible incineration of LB, as much as I hadn't thought about it, makes almost too much sense. Perhaps the parallels were so similar (at least where the incinerator was concerned), that is was obvious that both were involved after they were busted in TB's murder. Maybe the MO was very similar, and the DNA put both at the scene.

I don't believe LE have anything on MS other then the tablet and MM testified that it was DM's and he had given it to her originally. We have heard repeatedly MS was a petty criminal, smoked & sold pot, wore a hoody, liked Rap and hip hop, tagged, had multiple cell phones etc. etc. etc. however, none of that leads me believe he is a cold hearted murderer. DM is a Narcissist/Sociopath/Psychopath who's reasoning and behavior is difficult to fathom for a "normal" person. Who would ever suspect this wild and crazy, fun friend was actually a manipulative, devious monster. If MS is guilty so are the rest of the cast and crew of the DM reality show as they all aided and abetted in some way.

I especially question AM's involvement. We have heard the roles of most of DM's crew and payment received, however, AM who reaps the most, free rent, trips to Baja, Caribbean etc. seems to have little evidence on his contribution? Why so generous to AM? Could it be because he lives and sees DM regularly that text messages aren't necessary.

I keep thinking to myself "Okay, DM must have told his lawyers screw it, just take MS down with him," but rationally I guess what Sachak is doing is still technically a viable defense method--planting reasonable doubt that DM was the shooter. Or trying to.

If MS were the shooter and DM was upset as his lawyer suggests, wouldn't MS be worried when DM left him alone in the hangar? For all he knew DM could have been headed to the police. In fact, if what DM is suggesting is true, why didn't he?

I don't believe LE have anything on MS other then the tablet and MM testified that it was DM's and he had given it to her originally. We have heard repeatedly MS was a petty criminal, smoked & sold pot, wore a hoody, liked Rap and hip hop, tagged, had multiple cell phones etc. etc. etc. however, none of that leads me believe he is a cold hearted murderer. DM is a Narcissist/Sociopath/Psychopath who's reasoning and behavior is difficult to fathom for a "normal" person. Who would ever suspect this wild and crazy, fun friend was actually a manipulative, devious monster. If MS is guilty so are the rest of the cast and crew of the DM reality show as they all aided and abetted in some way.

I especially question AM's involvement. We have heard the roles of most of DM's crew and payment received, however, AM who reaps the most, free rent, trips to Baja, Caribbean etc. seems to have little evidence on his contribution? Why so generous to AM? Could it be because he lives and sees DM regularly that text messages aren't necessary.

I don't know... in the beginning we sleuthed AM a lot. I was sure he was the other guy. He had such a close tie electronically to DM that all the pieces seemed to point to him. The arrest of the unknown MS came as surprise to me personally as IIRC he wasn't really mentioned prior to his arrest. I question AM's involvement as well.

I find it really strange no one else has been charged that we know of outside this case, since they all admitted to illegal activity.

Can someone help me understand this?
Why did they they go towards the Bobcat dealership?
Is that in the direction of DM's farm?
20 miles and then change plates.
They approached from the north and then made a U-turn.
I don't understand.

After having read through 4 days of cross examination with still more to come I just realized something... Lawyers bill hourly don't they? Now I feel bad for saying that, My apologies to the lawyers out there

Can someone help me understand this?
Why did they they go towards the Bobcat dealership?
Is that in the direction of DM's farm?
20 miles and then change plates.
They approached from the north and then made a U-turn.
I don't understand.

Once again, I wish Otto the Mapmaker were still around and on this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans