Bosma Murder Trial 05.19.16 - Day 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think ns has finally made his point --- to cast doubt on ms's version and to give reason to believe all three were in the truck. There has never been an attempt to suggest dm was never there. Anyway --- i think we can happily move onto the crown's turn now.

bbm - agreed!!!! (on the let's move on part.....)

Surprised Pillay wasn't selected to do the cross of MS...while Sachak could be rendered inert, sit back and dream silently of a bag of pot swinging from chandeliers, puff puff phooo

I agree that the timestamps could be off, but why do you think the Crown didn't include them (9:05 and 9:15 trucks) in the initial testimony?

I think they accepted the timestamp was three hours off and not 3 hours and ten minutes, so discarded the other sightings as unrelated. It has to be one or the other: If the timestamp is off, the other sightings may be Tim's truck. If it is not off, it can't be Tim's truck. I think they just chose the scenario they felt most fit the evidence the had, or unlikely but possible, just missed the earlier truck(s) as they were focused on events after 9:15.

She was the only one to tweet that. Did she mean ''After"? Or did I mis something. Mr S is confusing me. Talking about the field and U-turn then to SS and back to field.

Colin Butler and Alex Pierson also tweeted it.

I think NS has finally made his point --- to cast doubt on MS's version and to give reason to believe all three were in the truck. There has never been an attempt to suggest DM was never there. Anyway --- I think we can happily move onto the Crown's turn now.

I don't think he did. A blurry black pickup passed by. Big deal. I wouldn't be convinced that is TBs truck in the video either if the Yukon wasn't following it. Not enough to send a guy away for life anyway.

I actually have to agree with DM's defence on this one. The trucks spotted on the video at 9:05pm, 9:15pm, and 9:20pm are all TB's truck IMO. Same overall profile, same running lights, same shiny rims, same chrome running boards, etc.

The fact that the video times don't line up perfectly with the cell tower ping times is simply due to a slight time discrepancy between the two sources. If they're out by just a few minutes, then all of the evidence lines up perfectly.

This is revealing one of the major holes in MS's story, and I'm glad to see that MS is getting called out on it.

Sachak repeatedly accuses MS of lying under oath and using testimony previously heard in court to craft his own story, and make his details fit the testimony/evidence.

Ironically, I think Sachak is doing that exact same thing. The expert could not say for certain that the first truck was Tim's, so how convenient for DM's defense to use that to their advantage & claim this was Tim's truck and this was when MS shot TB?

I don't think he did. A blurry black pickup passed by. Big deal. I wouldn't be convinced that is TBs truck in the video either if the Yukon wasn't following it. Not enough to send a guy away for life anyway.

I mean I don't think he has much more up his sleeve. He has made his attempt to shed doubt on the story....a truck Plaxton didn't pinpoint as "the truck". He's made the only point he has --- so hopefully we can move on.

edit: (At least there he tried to provide "something" more tangible then pointing his finger like a gun at MS and saying "you're lying". That's about all I've gathered from the last 4 days).

I've noticed that even a couple of random commentors on twitter (who are normally very 'anti' both DM/MS (understandably so)) are calling out NS on the time he's spending on cross, and on this truck timeline stuff in particular.

(I also noticed one of the jornos (AC?) basically said "Sachak is repeating himself over and over so I'm not going to type as much". You guys probably caught this earlier.)

I don't think that we can blame the lawyer for having to ask each question 3 times if he is getting evasive, snarky or snide answers, or if the witness just keeps claiming he doesn't know. I don't remember people complaining this much about Dungey repeating questions, although he did it quite a few times to other witnesses as well.

I think what may seem boring to some is part of the natural tediousness that is necessary of due diligence and making sure that justice prevails. Anyone who finds it too boring could always stop paying attention and go and do something else, no one here is forced to sit through it.

I just think it's better to wade through the bog of repetition than to leave room for an appeal later because his lawyer was rushed, so if I want to see justice done, I won't complain about how long it takes. Look how long CN was on the stand and she was only introduced into the crime 3 days later. Mark Smitch was there when it happened, and this is essentially his first time speaking of what happened, I can see it taking as much time as is needed to try to get to the truth.

I bet the detectives sitting in the courtroom wish they could ask him questions, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind repeating their questions hundreds of times if that's what it took them to get an answer.

In my way of thinking, I would have crafted my story around what actually happened rather that Plaxton's testimony. Just because Smich stayed in the car 10 minutes longer doesn't mean he killed him. He could have hilled him in one minute or twelve minutes, doesn't make a difference, so why lie?

Sachak repeatedly accuses MS of lying under oath and using testimony previously heard in court to craft his own story, and make his details fit the testimony/evidence.

Ironically, I think Sachak is doing that exact same thing. The expert could not say for certain that the first truck was Tim's, so how convenient for DM's defense to use that to their advantage & claim this was Tim's truck and this was when MS shot TB?

Agreed, but just want to make the point that there was exactly the same certainly about all three truck sightings, with the exception that the last one was bolstered by the presence of the Yukon. Other than that logical conclusion, he couldn't say for sure any of the trucks were Tim's truck. They did that forensic matching with the Yukon because it could be redriven past the video and matched using their techniques, but Tim's truck was not drivable and so that could not be done.

Its fair to say the Jury has a difficult job to come to a conclusion of what they believe happened. I imagine that it will be tough for them to all come to an agreement. What happens if it ends up being a Hung jury?

hung jury definition. A jury that is unable to reach a verdict of guilty or not guilty. The result is a mistrial, and legal proceedings must be reinitiated to bring the case to trial again.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s35 seconds ago
Back in the courtroom. #Bosma

Had to jump in here, didn't someone post in the last couple of weeks that they had a similar truck, a Dodge Ram, and had actually been in the area the evening of May 6? It was either the poster or a friend.

I agree that the timestamps could be off, but why do you think the Crown didn't include them (9:05 and 9:15 trucks) in the initial testimony?

Yes! The "second" Ram bugs me a lot. What are the chances that there was another Ram on that night, in the same timeframe, with running lights, chrome running boards, etc.? I wish Plaxton had included it in the report. I don't think it hurts the Crown's case in any way, so why not address it in the original report?

I'm just going to read the tweets at the end of the day because Sachak's antics leave rolling my eyes. I wonder how the jury feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties