Bosma Murder Trial 05.19.16 - Day 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 49s49 seconds ago
Sachak refers to "Officer Plaxton." Smich: "I'm not sure he's an officer." Smich is correct. Michael Plaxton is @HamiltonPolice civilian.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 49s49 seconds ago
Smich agrees he has admitted being in the later Super Sucker video, following in the Yukon.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 43s43 seconds ago
Smich agrees that the vehicle seen passing at 6:20 (9:20) is the #Bosma truck--because of the Yukon he says he was following in.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 40s40 seconds ago
"You have no explanation as to why ... an identical vehicle -" Sachak says. Dungey objects. He says again it's not identical. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
Smich agrees that the video shows the #Bosma truck at 9.20 because he was following it in the Millard SUV.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 58s59 seconds ago
Sachak asks about an "identical" vehicle passing first at 6:05 (9:05). Dungey objects to word identical.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 53s54 seconds ago
Smich says he doesn't have an explanation as to why a vehicle with similar characteristics was driving on Trinity at 9:05 p.m. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 52s53 seconds ago
Sachak wants to know what a truck with the same characteristics as the #Bosma truck passes to & fro in front of Super Sucker

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 52s53 seconds ago
Sachak asks if Smich can explain the two other similar trucks seen at 9.05 and 9.15 on the video. Smich says he can't. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 47s48 seconds ago
Sachak asks if Smich has an explanation for a vehicle with "three similar characteristics" passing at 6:05 (9:05). He does not. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 56s56 seconds ago
Sachak: Why vehicle with similar characteristics to #Bosma truck northbound past Super Sucker, then minutes later, southbound past SS?

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 57s58 seconds ago
Smich says Sachak has an "inaccurate opinion" of what happened.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Smich says it must be a different truck at 9:05 and 9:15. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 48s48 seconds ago
Sachak asks if he agrees that on three separate occasions, 6:05/6:15/6:20...

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 38s38 seconds ago
you have a vehicle sharing the exact 3 characteristics as #Bosma truck, pass the SuperSuckers.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 37s37 seconds ago
Smich says that's an extremely long question. He agrees the vehicles were similar. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 37s37 seconds ago
Sachak sparring over exact times alleged times. And "if" vehicles are same. MS"sir, that is an extremely long question" @AM900CHML

Sachak now continuing. Smich says the timestamp has been off.
by Adam Carter 12:09 PM

Court has heard from three sources that the timestamp on the Supersucker video is three hours off. Millard's lawyers say that's wrong. "Did you try to verify the accuracy of that video through an expert?" Sachak says. "No sir, because I heard here in court through an expert," Smich responds.
by Adam Carter 12:10 PM

They had a chance to call a witness to prove this, yet they called no one...

Sachak asking Smich if he was there when people checked the timestamps. He says no, he wasn't there.
by Adam Carter 12:11 PM

I don't think it was something that was provable. By trial, the current timestamp on the Super Sucker equipment cannot be used retroactively to prove it's state three years ago. They did what they could, which was question the attending officer's lack of notes about checking it against his phone, and question the accuracy of the Super Sucker manager's memory and watch.

Not in disagreement with above. Just confused. I do not remember the expert testimony on seeing the vehicles at Supersucker etc.
But (and maybe he cannot answer as no specific question) would MS not say they were driving at night in rural area. So less lighted areas. He would of been concentrating on following DM Bosma truck in front. I know when I follow someone and or have them follow me while driving, there is a level of concentration in checking rear view mirror to ensure things are ok. In the dark, unfamiliar roads, and perhaps MS has the Yukon stereo music blasting, he is just following, that is where he is concentrating? Could loud music be also be why he may not of heard a gun shot sound.
Sorry, just not sure what significance of questioning is other than to create murky water.

He wouldn't have just heard it, he also would have seen it flash and would have known what happened, if his story were true.

I actually have to agree with DM's defence on this one. The trucks spotted on the video at 9:05pm, 9:15pm, and 9:20pm are all TB's truck IMO. Same overall profile, same running lights, same shiny rims, same chrome running boards, etc.

The fact that the video times don't line up perfectly with the cell tower ping times is simply due to a slight time discrepancy between the two sources. If they're out by just a few minutes, then all of the evidence lines up perfectly.

This is revealing one of the major holes in MS's story, and I'm glad to see that MS is getting called out on it.

Problem being, those trucks come like that (running boards, grill, wheels, running lights) Chrome everything as an option or black everything as an option. Rams have the running lights from factory, not something one just installs after they buy them.
Someone else commented here that they live in the Ancaster area and have seen the same Rams around.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 26s27 seconds ago
Sachak establishing again that there are similarities in running boards/Chrome wheels/lights. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 26s26 seconds ago
Sachak may ask long questions. Smich avoids answering many of them. @AM900CHML

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 22s22 seconds ago
Sachak again asking if Smich would agree there are similarities between the vehicles. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15s16 seconds ago
Sachak asking again one by one if Smich agrees that the vehicles share each of the characteristics. #Bosma

Does anyone else find it odd that Sachak is really only focusing on the two videos that HE and HIS TEAM submitted into evidence? Isn't it a little off that the evidence he submitted contradicts MS's story? Almost as if he knew what MS would testify before he actually did and setup evidence (these videos, pedo being left alone in the car, etc) to debunk what MS's story would be. This is making it look like MS is really telling the truth in my eyes MOO

Sachak is looking dumb. First he argues they have been trying to make a point time was off and now time stamp is not important. Which is it buddy make up your mind? Also explain how two trucks sharing similarities are there. Smich explained it. It is a rural area its a common truck for towing large things. A long with that area having a fair amount of industry as well and very close to the highway.

I did watch the video many times. The timing doesn't work. The Lucas Bate phone called Tim's phone at 9:05pm. Both Tim and DM were on their phones with each other, as DM and MS were walking up the driveway at the Bosma house. From all accounts, they spoke for a few minutes, walked around the truck & looked it over before they got in and drove away. Tim's truck couldn't have been in two places at once.

moo.

The timing works, actually better, if the Super Sucker video is 10 minutes off. I'm repeating myself, but it's a tough call.

Problem being, those trucks come like that (running boards, grill, wheels, running lights) Chrome everything as an option or black everything as an option. Rams have the running lights from factory, not something one just installs after they buy them.
Someone else commented here that they live in the Ancaster area and have seen the same Rams around.

yeah....not seeing this as unequivocal evidence that MS is lying on the stand (as NS promised to show...) MOO

sachak now continuing. "did you try to verify the accuracy of that video through an expert?" sachak says. "no sir, because i heard here in court through an expert," smich responds.By adam carter 12:10 pm
Zing!!! Lol Maybe MS can get a stipend for teaching remedial law

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 53s54 seconds ago
Sachak is asking similar questions again, so I'm not writing them out again, as you've already heard them. #TimBosma #Bosma

I did watch the video many times. The timing doesn't work. The Lucas Bate phone called Tim's phone at 9:05pm. Both Tim and DM were on their phones with each other, as DM and MS were walking up the driveway at the Bosma house. From all accounts, they spoke for a few minutes, walked around the truck & looked it over before they got in and drove away. Tim's truck couldn't have been in two places at once.

moo.

There's an obvious time discrepancy between the cell towers and the security video. Adjust for that discrepancy, and all of the evidence lines up.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
6:05:54 (n-bound), 6:15:43 (s-bound) and 6:20:32 (n-bound) similar vehicle going past Super Sucker. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 50s51 seconds ago
It's Sachak's theory that the truck left with all three men at 9.05 then returns to get the SUV at 9.15 after Smich shot #TimBosma.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 31s32 seconds ago
Then, according to Sachak's theory, Millard's SUV and the #TimBosma truck drive past Supersucker again at 9.20 on their way to Brantford.

I don't think it was something that was provable. By trial, the current timestamp on the Super Sucker equipment cannot be used retroactively to prove it's state three years ago. They did what they could, which was question the attending officer's lack of notes about checking it against his phone, and question the accuracy of the Super Sucker manager's memory and watch.

They could have certainly had someone else analyze the video footage, not just Plaxton. They are going by his record and disregarding it.

Sachak again asking if Smich would agree there are similarities between the vehicles.
by Adam Carter 12:16 PM

Sachak is asking similar questions again, so I'm not writing them out again, as you've already heard them.
by Adam Carter 12:19 PM

"I'm going to suggest sir, that the first time, all three of you went North on Trinity and then east on the 403," Sachak says. "I'm going to suggest to you that Mr. Millard suggested to Mr. Bosma that he wanted to take the car on the highway." Smich says no.
by Adam Carter 12:21 PM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 37s38 seconds ago
"The first time all three of you went down Trinity then East on the QEW. Millard suggested to #Bosma he wanted to see hwy driving." - Sachak

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 34s35 seconds ago
Millard suggested to Bosma he wanted to take truck on the highway, suggests Sachak. All three of them were in truck. Smich says no.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 33s34 seconds ago
Sachak suggests all three of them went on the 403 because Millard wanted to test the truck on the highway. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11s12 seconds ago
Sachak suggests that they drove north because Millard had suggested taking the truck on the highway. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 42s42 seconds ago
Smich disagrees. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 29s29 seconds ago
"That conversation never happened," Smich says. #Bosma

He wouldn't have just heard it, he also would have seen it flash and would have known what happened, if his story were true.

I can't load the youtube video, I don't know how to pull up the url to copy and post here. The flash of the gun at night from a Glock 9mm was very quick, ya blink and miss it. It wasn't that extremely loud in the video either compared to the other two guns in the video. IMO, a shotgun is loud and would be unmistakably unheard. But if MS was driving the Yukon with the window up, he may not have heard it, specially if he had tunes blasting.

Other thing, I live in the country and hear "gunshot" sounds all day. The farmers have this sound device to scared off animals.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 27s27 seconds ago
"Millard wanted to make sure whatever truck he was scoping for drives well on hwy. While E you pulled a handgun out of your red hoodie...

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 53s54 seconds ago
Sachak suggests that Smich pulled out a gun eastbound on the 403 that he had hidden in his red hoodie. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 46s47 seconds ago
Sachak says Smich then pulled a handgun out of his pocket. Smich says "nope." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 30s30 seconds ago
"where your hands were at Tim #Bosma house. Dell said, Oh, no. Do you recall that? You said don't worry when Dell said oh no."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 24s24 seconds ago
Sachak says Smich then said "we're taking this truck" and that Millard said "oh no." He says Smich then said "don't worry."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 35s36 seconds ago
While east on Alexander Parkway you pulled a handgun out. It was in your red hoodie where your hands were at the #Bosma residence.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 32s33 seconds ago
Sachak says #Bosma grabbed the gun, there was a struggle and the gun went off. The window was shattered.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 26s27 seconds ago
Sachak says #Bosma then grabbed the gun and it was discharged. Smich says he disagrees with that "100 per cent." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 17s18 seconds ago
You said "We're going to take this truck." Dell said "Oh no." You said "Don't worry."

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 9s10 seconds ago
Smich then said "we're going to take this truck." And Millard said "oh no!" Sachak suggests. #TimBosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow