Bosma Murder Trial 05.19.16 - Day 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak says Smich's version of events is "incorrect." Smich says "No sir, that's the truth." #TimBosma #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
".. So I don't have to be involved with a lunatic like him again." Smich says. "Good for you sir" Sachak replies. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak going through the 3 passes he says the SuperSuckers video shows. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Smich version of events, with just one drive north, is incorrect, says Sachak, because there are three trips passing Super Sucker

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak" just like the test drive day before millard wanted to ensure it drives well on hwy. U pulled a gun out. U had a gun in that hoody."

Sachak suggests they returned for them illness SUV after that. #TimBosma

"Trip number one, Bosma is shot by you. Trip number two.. Millard retrieves GMC Yukon. Then you following in Yukon." Smich says that's 1st

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
3 trips: 1. All 3 leave Bosma residence, Bosma shot by Smich. 2. Dell driving back to get Yukon 3. Dell driving Bosma truck, Smich in Yukon

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Smich insists the "third" pass of the SuperSuckers as Sachak suggests was in fact the first. #Bosma

Sachak suggests they return for Millard's SUV after the shooting took place. #TimBosma

Sachak' u said we r going to take the truck. Del said oh no. U said don't worry. Tim grabbed the gun pointing at him. There was a struggle.

What route did they take to Bobcat of Brantford? We took back roads, said Smich, he doesn't know the roads. #TimBosma

Sachak asks what route they took to Bobcat of Brantford. Smich says side roads, he doesn't know the area. #Bosma

Smich doesn't agree with any of it, saying "no sir" "absolutely not" and "that's not what happened" #TimBosma

"Your suggestions are incorrect," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 12:34 PM

Smich says he doesn't know how long he followed Millard for before getting to Bobcat of Brantford. Says he also doesn't know the speed.
by Adam Carter 12:35 PM

"You didn't see a flash?" Sachak says. "I was paying attention to the road," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 12:36 PM

"I don't recall hearing a sound or seeing a flash, sir," Smich says about following Millard.
by Adam Carter 12:36 PM

But it still doesn't prove one way or the other if the truck traveling alone was Tim's truck. Plenty of reasonable doubt there, since even the expert couldn't say for sure. One thing is for sure though: either MS is lying or Sachak is using this to his advantage to trash MS's story. It could be either one.

It still leaves a major hole in MS's story. Sharlene and Wayne both testified that the two men only chatted with Bosma in the driveway briefly before they headed out on the drive. If we agree that occurred between 9:05pm to 9:10pm (cell tower time), and if we believe MS that they went directly to the Yukon, and then drove north on Trinity past Super Sucker, then there's at least a 10 minute gap because the video sighting was at least 9:20pm. If you adjust the video time more accurately to the cell towers, then it was more likely to be between 9:23pm to 9:25pm when they actually drove past Super Sucker. That leaves a big time gap that MS did not explain.

Sachak going thry Smich's evidence. Since you're following Mr. Millard, what route taken to Bobcat? Smich: sideroads, he's not familiar.

Sachak ask what route was taken to Bobcat of Brantford. #TimBosma #Bosma

"We took side roads, and I just followed. I'm not familiar with the area," Smich said. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak asks if they went on the highway. Smich says no, that the only time was on the way to Ancaster (and then home on May 7). #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak says they were on 403 to Bobcat. Smich said only time on highway was to Bosma house.

Sachak" the gun was disharged. Bosma was struck. The window shattered." MS. I was not in the vehicle at the time.I saw DM put the gun away.

Smich says the only time they took the highway was coming to the Bosma home the first time. #TimBosma #Bosma

"We took side roads, sir," Smich says. He says he doesn't know how to drive on the hwy so they wouldn't have done that.

"I do not know how to drive on a highway, so we wouldn't have took the highway sir," says Smich. Sachak says Bosma dead, so urgency.

"Your suggestions are incorrect," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich says he can't recall the route they took "I just followed" and he doesn't know how to drive on the highway. #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
"After you went on 403 west you followed Dell onto County road North." Smich says he's not capable of driving on the highway.

Sachak suggests after they took the 403 west, Smich followed Dell onto Townview Rd, and then south on Oak Park. #Bosma

"Like I said, I don't know the roads," says Smich.

I think DM's scenario is just as plausbile as MS'. In a way, I think it fits the timeline better. BUT.....I don't believe either story. They're both tailoring their stories to fit the evidence. We'll never know exactly what happened. I believe they both went into this expecting to use the incinerator that night. I'm baffled at how many people are so eager to accept what MS has to say. It's almost like a disgust for DM and his defense has translated into accepting MS' lies. MOO

I'm pretty sure this is happening for a lot of people, including me (and I strive for objectivity). I just hope the jury is faring better.

"From your evidence, this drive seems pretty uneventful," Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 12:37 PM

Smich says he had "never driven on the highway before," and he's "not the best driver."
by Adam Carter 12:38 PM

Smich again says he wasn't inside the truck when Bosma was shot.
by Adam Carter 12:38 PM

Beware the mention of Tim Bosma putting up a struggle. I think this is the scheming psychopath DM attempting to insert an image of Tim Bosma bravely putting up a fight, one that many might cling to or believe because we all want to think that he did fight for his life. This is a sneaky attempt at winning over jury, family, and friends to believe his narrative, and not MS.

But the reality is they shot him unsuspectingly, like the cowards they are, and he had no chance to fight back.

Smich says again they didn't take the highway and he doesn't know road names. Adds again he can't drive on the hwy. #Bosma

"I'm not capable of driving on the highway," Smich says. "Like I said, I don't know the roads." #TimBosma

Video at Bobcat shows them on side of road for 9-10 minutes. #Bosma

Sachak asks how long he was following Dell when they got to Bobcat of Brantford. Smich can't say. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Smich says he doesn't know how long he followed Millard for before getting to Bobcat of Brantford. Says he doesn't know the speed. #Bosma

Sachak says his windows were open in the Yukon. Smich agrees. Sachak asks if he heard a shot. He can't say. #Bosma

The windows of the Yukon were open. Smich didn't hear a shot? "I dunno. I wouldn't have heard that. It's the truth," Smich says.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak' once on the hwy.There was lots of tension. Del was furious to what transpired." No says MS. "He looked like a lunatic" @AM900CHML

"Your windows were open?" says Sachak. Smich agrees. Did he hear a shot? "I don't know," says Smich. "I'm not a good driver," says Smich.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Smich says he didn't hear a shot when he was following the #Bosma truck in the Millard SUV.

Sachak asks if he saw a flash. Smich says he's not a good driver and was paying attention to the road. #Bosma

"You didn't see a flash?" Sachak says. "I was paying attention to the road," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

"I'm not a good driver, I was paying attention to the road," says Smich. #TimBosma. He doesn't remember seeing muzzle flash either

Sachak suggests he also would've been paying attention to truck. Smich says he doesn't recall hearing a sound or seeing a flash. #Bosma

Sachak now talking about the shell casing found in the back of the truck. Smich says he doesn't know how it got there.
by Adam Carter 12:39 PM

"You have absolutely no idea what gestures were used according to your version of events," Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 12:39 PM

Sachak asks how far Smich parked the Yukon behind the Bosma truck when they stopped. He says "relatively close."
by Adam Carter 12:41 PM

IIRC Cell records for both DM and TB's phones clearly indicated they were on the phone with each other, at 9:05pm as DM and MS were walking up the Bosma driveway.

So... this stuff about the 3 of them being in TB's truck together passing the Super Sucker at the exact same time, is so far out in left field, it might as well be in the magical forest.

From Billandrew's Timeline of events - note words in Brackets

May 6 9:05 pm
Pickup truck drives north on Trinity Rd at Super Sucker. (Note: surveillance video time may differ from cell tower time).

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Smich says he can't recall seeing a muzzle flash either saying "I'm not a very good driver." #TimBosma

Smich says he doesn't recall "hearing a sound or seeing a flash." He was concentrating on driving, he says.

"I don't recall hearing a sound or seeing a flash, sir," Smich says about following Millard. #TimBosma #Bosma

"I just remember the car pulled over on the side of the road." Smich says. the drive was uneventful then, Sachak says.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak; "there was a reference to getting an ambulance. U said he was dead. Del panicked his yukon was in the field. " @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
Sachak suggests this drive was pretty uneventful, according to his story. Smich says yes. #Bosma

He says he "just followed him." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
"Yes, I didn't know why," Smich says. "I just followed him." #TimBosma

"From your evidence, this drive seems pretty uneventful," Sachak says. #TimBosma #Bosma

"There's a few things that seemed odd," says Smich. Including time of test drive.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 4m4 minutes ago
Sachak' Del panicked because he'd been seen by sharlene and wayne. His truck was near the residence and his dog was inside" @AM900CHML

Sachak asks if he thought it was odd, taking all these side roads. Smich says timing (night time) was odd as well. #Bosma

It's rural canada, everyone drives a pickup truck out there

I have one but a dually, my buddy down the road has one identical to TB'S, another one has a dark blue one identical to TB's, neighbors down around the corner have a white one, 2 employees of the first friend mentioned have black ones (one chromed out, one with black wheels) My dad bought a new blacked out version last year(he use to be a FORD guy) Ram is a very popular truck, IMO, the best made trucks to date.

Smich says when Millard got out, he saw him putting a gun into his satchel.
by Adam Carter 12:41 PM

Smich says he believes Millard shut off Bosma's truck before he got out.
by Adam Carter 12:42 PM

Sachak asking if Millard would have to "use his hands" to put a vehicle in park.
by Adam Carter 12:42 PM

"molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak suggests after they took the 403 west, Smich followed Dell onto Townview Rd, and then south on Oak Park. #Bosma"

Townview Road? I live in Brantford and never heard of this road before. Cant see it on Google maps either. Probably a reporting mistake.

"Wasn't it odd to take back roads for a scoping mission?" Smich says yes, a lot of things seemed odd to him.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
"I wouldn't say I don't know how to drive, sir. I've never driven on the highway before. And I'm not the best driver," says Smich.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Smich says he had "never driven on the highway before," and he's "not the best driver." #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak suggests it's odd Millard would get Smich to drive his Yukon if he can't drive. He says he can drive he's just not good.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 4m4 minutes ago
Sachak' del said, I'm going to get blamed for this. It was always known he wanted the truck." @AM900CHML

At some point the vehicle pulls over at Bobcat of Brantford, Sachak says. You weren't inside when Bosma was shot? That's what I said - Smich

Smich again says he wasn't inside the truck when Bosma was shot. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak now brings up spent bullet casing found in back seat of #Bosma truck.

Sachak asks about the stop at Bobcat of Brantford. Asks about the shell casing found in backseat of truck. #Bosma

Sachak suggests Smich doesn't have an explanation for how it got in the back. Smich agrees he does not. #Bosma

Sachak asking about the bullet casing found behind the drivers' seat in #TimBosma truck. Or where the seat should have been.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Smich says he can't explain how the spent shell casing was found in the back of #TimBosma's truck.

Sachak now talking about the shell casing found in the back of the truck. Smich says he doesn't know how it got there. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak suggests he doesn't even know if Millard was driving and shooting at the same time. If it was his left hand, right hand...

Smich agrees. #Bosma

"You don't even know if Mr. Millard was driving and shooting at the same time?" No, says Smich. Or if Millard used right or left hand? No.

"Mr. Millard chooses to put the gun away while you look at him as opposed to as in the confines of the truck," Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 12:43 PM

Smich says Millard said he was taking the truck when he got out.
by Adam Carter 12:43 PM

Smich says Millard then went to the back of the Yukon and grabbed some stuff. Smich says he didn't question the gun because it "happened so fast."
by Adam Carter 12:44 PM

Sachak says that's why we see the Bosma truck going back on the video. Smich says no. "Because of Dells actions, a lot of people are suffering right now," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 12:28 PM

Sachak says they got back to the field where the truck was, and he followed Millard in the Yukon. Smich again denies that.
by Adam Carter 12:29 PM

"I'm going to suggest the plan was Dell wanted his GMC Yukon out of the field area because he was concerned he'd be caught red handed," Sachak says. Smich says that's not what happened.
by Adam Carter 12:29 PM

So which is it Sachak? DM was doing nothing to hide himself (in the Bosma's driveway) all out in the open with his tattoos visible, or now you are suggesting he was trying to hide the Yukon?

Actually, Plaxton during Pillay cross, admitted timestamp on video could be off by 3 hours 10 minutes as Pillay suggested.
The cell records are accurate, the video timestamp is not accurate

And that is why there was a time difference between what seemed like 29 min to get to bobcat and the 19 it actually was because the SuperSucker was 10 min off.

see these tweets from here: https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2016/03/09/tim-bosma-murder-trial-sees-surveillance-video.html

"Mar 9, 16:03
2mon
molly hayes@mollyhayes
Sense that the vehicles passed SuperSuckers at 9:30pm. He suggests the SS video was off by another 10mins. #Bosma

Mar 9, 16:01
2mon
molly hayes@mollyhayes
Pillay suggests if Bobcat video time was correct (949pm) and it takes 20 min to get there directly from SuperSuckers, it would make (1/2)

Mar 9, 15:58
2mon
Susan Clairmont@susanclairmont
Bobcat video shows 2 vehicles arriving at 9:49 pm. Takes 19 or 20 mins to get there. So would pass Super Sucker at 9:29 or 9:30. #Bosma"

Judging by past testimony about the drug dealing and thefts, at the very least I can totally picture DM saying "I'm taking the truck, I'm taking the truck."

"When I approached Mr. Bosma's vehicle, that's when I freaked out," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 12:45 PM

Sachak asks if Millard was "drooling out of his mouth or yelling." Smich agrees his eyes were bulging, more or less.
by Adam Carter 12:46 PM

"Did you tell Dell, what the hell did you do?" Sachak asks. Smich says that's when he freaked out.
by Adam Carter 12:47 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member