Bosma Murder Trial 05.19.16 - Day 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sachak repeatedly accuses MS of lying under oath and using testimony previously heard in court to craft his own story, and make his details fit the testimony/evidence.

Ironically, I think Sachak is doing that exact same thing. The expert could not say for certain that the first truck was Tim's, so how convenient for DM's defense to use that to their advantage & claim this was Tim's truck and this was when MS shot TB?

Plaxton couldn't confirm that any of the dark pickup sightings were TB's truck. But, if you watched the video, it appeared to be the same truck each time (9:05, 9:15, and 9:20). And now MS is saying that the truck seen with the Yukon (the 9:20 sighting) is TB's truck, but the other two sightings (9:05 and 9:15) are absolutely not TB's truck. IMO the evidence strongly suggests that MS is lying.

I can see the conversation now:

DM: that first truck was all three of us, just going for a test drive all honest and stuff
DM's defense team: really Dell? Tell us more..
DM: and then MS freaked out and shot Tim, and I was so upset I didn't know what to do, so we turned around and went back to get the Yukon
DM's defense team: poor you, Dell, you must have been so upset! Yes, we'll go with this. It can't be proven of course but that's okay, if we can get the jury to believe Treacherous Mark did the shooting.

:facepalm:

Sachak is not very effective. He's doing no favours for his client going on and on and on. If anything, it is showing how desperate their defence is.

Sachak repeatedly accuses MS of lying under oath and using testimony previously heard in court to craft his own story, and make his details fit the testimony/evidence.

Ironically, I think Sachak is doing that exact same thing. The expert could not say for certain that the first truck was Tim's, so how convenient for DM's defense to use that to their advantage & claim this was Tim's truck and this was when MS shot TB?

I was going to say the exact same thing. He is doing the exact same thing he is accusing Smich of doing. He is making up a story based on the discovery and evidence he has already seen. In fact Smich disapproved his theory twice with cell records and it being a fairly common truck. Living in Ancaster close to the Bosma residence I can say I see trucks similar to Bosma's daily except in other dark colors. For all we know that truck that drove by could be red.

Sachak is saying a truck is seen going north at 9:05 p.m., and then going south at 9:15 p.m., and then north again at 9:20 p.m. followed by Millard's SUV. "That's not the Bosma vehicle, it's not an uncommon vehicle, especially for the area," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:28 AM

"In that ten minute test drive you shot Mr. Bosma, and you were coming to retrieve the GMC Yukon," Sachak says. "That's absolutely incorrect," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:29 AM

"It would be virtually impossible because of the times," Smich says. "Forget the times," Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 11:30 AM

Yes... forget such a critical component.

OMG, if Sachak is trying to say the time stamps are off my 3 hr's and 10 minutes then the two vehicles, Bosma truck and Millard SUV video at Bobcat is NOT possible. The only defence DM has now is that he was travelling through a magical forest and its impossible for him to be anywhere he is accused of!

Speculating, but based on NS line of questioning, DM must have told his lawyers that MS shot TB near Trinity/Book Rd area, either north or south of Super Suckers. Then they drove to Brantford with Yukon following.

Not in disagreement with above. Just confused. I do not remember the expert testimony on seeing the vehicles at Supersucker etc.
But (and maybe he cannot answer as no specific question) would MS not say they were driving at night in rural area. So less lighted areas. He would of been concentrating on following DM Bosma truck in front. I know when I follow someone and or have them follow me while driving, there is a level of concentration in checking rear view mirror to ensure things are ok. In the dark, unfamiliar roads, and perhaps MS has the Yukon stereo music blasting, he is just following, that is where he is concentrating? Could loud music be also be why he may not of heard a gun shot sound.
Sorry, just not sure what significance of questioning is other than to create murky water.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Jury now being recalled. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9s9 seconds ago
We are back. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 28s28 seconds ago
Sachak suggests Smich has been "anxious" to tell the jury about the inconsistency of the time stamp. Smich says he wasn't anxious. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 21s21 seconds ago
Sachak now continuing. Smich says the timestamp has been off. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4s4 seconds ago
Sachak says yes it's at least off by three hours. Smich says there's been evidence given that it's off by 3 hours. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 46s46 seconds ago
Sachak is repeating that the time stamp on the Super Sucker video was at least three hours off. Smich agrees he heard that testimony.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 45s45 seconds ago
Jury is back. Sachak asking Smich about time stamp on Super Sucker video. It is off by about three hours, jury has heard before. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 29s29 seconds ago
"There were three people in here who testified it was off by three hours," Smich says. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 31s31 seconds ago
Sachak asks if Smich personally tried to verify the time, or if he hired an expert. Smich says no, he heard it here from an expert. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 16s16 seconds ago
Jury back. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 12s12 seconds ago
Did Smich analyze the video? No. "I heard in court the expert said it was three hours off," Smich says.

View 5 new Tweets
Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 36s36 seconds ago
Jury back. Smich challenging sachak on video time. And what he has heard. Sachak asking if he analyzed the video. @AM900CHML

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 31s31 seconds ago
Sachak asking Smich if he analyzed video. Smich says no, but there were three witnesses who testified about the time stamp. #Bosma

Sachak now continuing. Smich says the timestamp has been off.
by Adam Carter 12:09 PM

Court has heard from three sources that the timestamp on the Supersucker video is three hours off. Millard's lawyers say that's wrong. "Did you try to verify the accuracy of that video through an expert?" Sachak says. "No sir, because I heard here in court through an expert," Smich responds.
by Adam Carter 12:10 PM

They had a chance to call a witness to prove this, yet they called no one...

Sachak asking Smich if he was there when people checked the timestamps. He says no, he wasn't there.
by Adam Carter 12:11 PM

Adam Carter May 19 2016 12:10 PM
Court has heard from three sources that the timestamp on the Supersucker video is three hours off. Millard's lawyers say that's wrong. "Did you try to verify the accuracy of that video through an expert?" Sachak says. "No sir, because I heard here in court through an expert," Smich responds.

MS is on the ball today!

OMG, if Sachak is trying to say the time stamps are off my 3 hr's and 10 minutes then the two vehicles, Bosma truck and Millard SUV video at Bobcat is NOT possible. The only defence DM has now is that he was travelling through a magical forest and its impossible for him to be anywhere he is accused of!

On the contrary, it's Sachak's adjusted timeline that makes the last sighting of the truck (with the Yukon) fit for the direct route from Super Sucker to Bobcat at 19 minutes. The MS timeline requires that they take 29 minutes to get there.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 19s19 seconds ago
Court has heard from three sources that the timestamp on the Supersucker video is three hours off. Millard's lawyers say that's wrong #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 55s55 seconds ago
Sachak suggests he never qualified himself as a time stamp expert.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 53s53 seconds ago
"Did you try to verify the accuracy of that video through an expert?" Sachak says. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 47s47 seconds ago
"No sir, because I heard here in court through an expert," Smich responds. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Smich says there were two others who said it too--a police officer who seized it, and an employee from the biz. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1m1 minute ago
Smich answering back there were several experts who testified to times being off. Both mocking each other. @AM900CHML

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
Sachak gets admonished for talking over the witness again. "You have to let the witness finish his answer," Justice Goodman says. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 58s58 seconds ago
Smich is still correcting Sachak on fine points. "I don't think Plaxton is an officer, sir." He's correct.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 58s58 seconds ago
Sachak asking Smich if he was there when people checked the timestamps. He says no, he wasn't there. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Sachak references "Officer Plaxton." Smich corrects him--"I'm not sure he's an officer." #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 49s50 seconds ago
Sachak was asking Smich if he independently verified the surveillance video himself. Or, if he hired his own expert to verify the time.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 39s40 seconds ago
Sachak asks if he was there when those three checked the time stamps. Smich says no. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 59s59 seconds ago
"Whatever timestamp is on that video, as a question, is not of particular importance to me," Sachak says. #TimBosma #Bosma

"Whatever timestamp is on that video, as a question, is not of particular importance to me," Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 12:12 PM

"You have no explanation as to why ... an identical vehicle -" Sachak says. Dungey objects. He says again it's not identical.
by Adam Carter 12:13 PM

Smich says he doesn't have an explanation as to why a vehicle with similar characteristics was driving on Trinity at 9:05 p.m.
by Adam Carter 12:14 PM

Plaxton couldn't confirm that any of the dark pickup sightings were TB's truck. But, if you watched the video, it appeared to be the same truck each time (9:05, 9:15, and 9:20). And now MS is saying that the truck seen with the Yukon (the 9:20 sighting) is TB's truck, but the other two sightings (9:05 and 9:15) are absolutely not TB's truck. IMO the evidence strongly suggests that MS is lying.

I did watch the video many times. The timing doesn't work. The Lucas Bate phone called Tim's phone at 9:05pm. Both Tim and DM were on their phones with each other, as DM and MS were walking up the driveway at the Bosma house. From all accounts, they spoke for a few minutes, walked around the truck & looked it over before they got in and drove away. Tim's truck couldn't have been in two places at once.

moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member