Bosma Murder Trial 05.19.16 - Day 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing this thought out there, after reading your post. To me, it doesn't make any sense at all if the above is what transpired, because... if the 3 drove on past Supersucker and shortly thereafter, one or both shot TB dead, and then returned to the farmer's driveway to pick up the Yukon.. that is imo an impossibly stupid thing to have done. They had no control over what they might find on their return for the Yukon. Imagine if TB's wife and roomie were out walking the dog right at that time, and saw Tim's truck driving back.. they could have been AT the farmer's driveway, and SEEN the Yukon, even been standing beside it by then.. they see Tim's truck coming back, and go out to the road to say hey what's up.. and there he is shot dead. Or.. the duo see the wife and just take off, but have to leave their truck.. busted bigtime. Doesn't make sense to have taken that kind of risk SO CLOSE to TB's house. moo

Keep in mind you are talking about two guys that towed a GIANT incinerator behind the truck owned by the guy they just killed, from the farm to the hangar!!!! So "impossibly stupid" actually seems par for the course to me. ;) MOO

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 31s31 seconds ago
But Sachak says Smich claims they drove there directly from the #Bosma home. "That's what happened sir," Smich says.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 27s27 seconds ago
Smich says they drove directly from #Bosma home, through back roads, to Bobcat. Sachak suggests otherwise

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 7s7 seconds ago
Sachak says let's talk about what happened at the stop. He suggests Dellen Millard did not have a gun there. Smich says that's a lie. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 35s35 seconds ago
We're back. At point of stopping at Bobcat in Brantford. Sachak says Smich lied about Millard putting gun in satchel.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 41s42 seconds ago
"Once Dell stopped, he didn't have a gun he put in a satchel, you made that up," Sachak says. "You fabricated it to explain to the jury."

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 29s30 seconds ago
"Once Dell stopped, he didn't have a gun in a satchel ... that you made up," Sachak says. "That's absolutely incorrect," Smich says. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 43s43 seconds ago
Sachak suggests Millard got out, Smich got out and there was a panicked moment there. Smich says the panic he mentioned is what happened.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 39s39 seconds ago
Sachak suggests Smich fabricated the story about Millard putting the gun in the satchel. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 49s50 seconds ago
"Dell came out, you came out, there was a panicked moment at the side of the road. Dell saying, oh my god he had a phone."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 39s40 seconds ago
"Dell came out and you came out and there's was this panicked moment there. The panic was Dell saying 'Oh my God. He had a phone..."

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 51s52 seconds ago
"The panic was Dell saying, 'Oh my god, he had a phone, I've gotta find that phone," Sachak says. Smich says that never happened. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1m1 minute ago
Sachak says DM never had a gun. Nor did he put it in the satchel. That outside the bob cat he panicked over Bosmas phone. @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 54s55 seconds ago
Sachak says Millard said "oh my god he has a phone, I gotta find that phone." Smich disagrees. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 52s53 seconds ago
"Dell was panicking, saying if #Bosma has a phone, police will be able to trace where he is," Sachak says. Smich disagrees

Keep in mind you are talking about two guys that towed a GIANT incinerator behind the truck owned by the guy they just killed, from the farm to the hangar!!!! So "impossibly stupid" actually seems par for the course to me. ;) MOO

With said guy inside the incinerator as they towed it. :(

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 56s56 seconds ago
Sachak says Millard then began searching Bosma's person for a phone. Smich says yes but not the way he's suggesting. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
Sachak suggests the panick on the side of the road was when Millard panicked when he searched for #Bosma's phone.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
"...I have to find that phone." Dell started searching Bosma's "person" for phone to get rid of it. Millard fumbled with "casing" of phone.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Sachak says Millard searched Bosma's body for his phone. Smich says that did happen, but not in the way he described. #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
"Dell was fumbling and couldn't remove the casing on Mr #Bosma's phone," Sachak says. "Dell was concerned Mr #Bosma's truck may have GPS"

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak says Millard was concerned the truck had a GPS tracker and suggested they look for it. Smich says no. #Bosma

Sachak- DM was fumbling w the casing on Bosmas phone. He was concerned about phone and GPS. @AM900CHML

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak says Millard was also concerned about finding a GPS in the truck. Smich says again that didn't happen. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak says ultimately a flashlight was retrieved from the Yukon to look for a GPS. Smich says no. Flashlight was retrieved right away.

So where is the evidence of a struggle the crown mentioned? Like you say, a gun doesn't provide much opportunity to struggle. How did the rear view mirror get broken off if not in a struggle? I say struggle without the use of a gun at this point. Not a struggle with the driver either. MYO

Did they mention a struggle? Not in their opening statement. A struggle is of course possible, but the mirror could have been broken off removing the seat assembly or in some other way when they were stripping it.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 31s31 seconds ago
But Sachak says Smich claims they drove there directly from the #Bosma home. "That's what happened sir," Smich says.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 27s27 seconds ago
Smich says they drove directly from #Bosma home, through back roads, to Bobcat. Sachak suggests otherwise

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 7s7 seconds ago
Sachak says let's talk about what happened at the stop. He suggests Dellen Millard did not have a gun there. Smich says that's a lie. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 35s35 seconds ago
We're back. At point of stopping at Bobcat in Brantford. Sachak says Smich lied about Millard putting gun in satchel.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 41s42 seconds ago
"Once Dell stopped, he didn't have a gun he put in a satchel, you made that up," Sachak says. "You fabricated it to explain to the jury."

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 29s30 seconds ago
"Once Dell stopped, he didn't have a gun in a satchel ... that you made up," Sachak says. "That's absolutely incorrect," Smich says. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 43s43 seconds ago
Sachak suggests Millard got out, Smich got out and there was a panicked moment there. Smich says the panic he mentioned is what happened.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 39s39 seconds ago
Sachak suggests Smich fabricated the story about Millard putting the gun in the satchel. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 49s50 seconds ago
"Dell came out, you came out, there was a panicked moment at the side of the road. Dell saying, oh my god he had a phone."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 39s40 seconds ago
"Dell came out and you came out and there's was this panicked moment there. The panic was Dell saying 'Oh my God. He had a phone..."

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 51s52 seconds ago
"The panic was Dell saying, 'Oh my god, he had a phone, I've gotta find that phone," Sachak says. Smich says that never happened. #Bosma

Sachak says DM never had a gun. Nor did he put it in the satchel. That outside the bob cat he panicked over Bosmas phone. @AM900CHML

Sachak says Millard said "oh my god he has a phone, I gotta find that phone." Smich disagrees. #Bosma

"Dell was panicking, saying if #Bosma has a phone, police will be able to trace where he is," Sachak says. Smich disagrees

Then why was the satchel found in the washing machine?

We are back in DM 's fantasy world again.

What would you expect them to do? Just drive away in the truck and leave the Yukon in the field forever? Or grab their own vehicle and get outta Dodge as quick as possible.

The extra sightings on the security camera had to be Tim's truck. There was simply not enough traffic (as first admitted by MS) in that rural area to coincidentally be a different truck, so closely matching, in such a short interval of time. JMO

No. I believe that they went back for the Yukon before the shooting. I think this part of MS's testimony is believable.
As far as I have heard (have not seen the video) it indicates that a total of 3 relatively dark pickup trucks drove by (one of which was closely followed by an SUV). People who live in the area have suggested (on this board) that there are many pickup trucks in the area (including a number of Rams which could be confused with TB's in a dark video). So I think that the original testimony of the timeline and a single sighting is more believable than a mixup in the timing and 3 sightings.
It is more likely that a single pickup driving by is mistaken for TB's than for the combination of the SUV & pickup at about the right time being mistaken.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Millard concerned there was GPS in truck, says Sachak. "Concern and panic about the phone and GPS," says Sachak. No GPS, Dell got phone.

"Instead of spending 10 minutes trying to fix some license plates," Sachak says they were finding #Bosma phone & looking for GPS

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
"I seen him wiping down the phone or doing whatever he was doing to the phone," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak suggests further that Dell was in fact not himself. "He was one angry, furious and panicked individual." #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
There was concern and panic about the phone and a GPS that's why Millard went to get the flashlight. #Bosma

"Dell was in fact not himself on the side of the road. He was angry and furious and panicked," Sachak said.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Smich says no, he was panicked and Millard looked like "a lunatic." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
This is all Sachak's version of events. "Dell was not himself on the side of the road. HE was one angry and panicked individual."

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak Dm told u. "U messed up. U messed up." No. Didn't happen says smich. @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
He says a U-turn was done, and Millard tosses the phone into a commercial property. Smich says he has no idea if that happened. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
"Dell kept saying, you messed up," Sachak says, then Millard threw #Bosma's phone into the ditch at another business, where it was found

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
"He kept saying 'You messed up. You messed up." Then Millard threw phone onto "commercial establishment," says Sachak. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Sachak suggests Millard was furious and kept telling Smich "you messed up" then tossed #TimBosma's phone onto a commercial property.

Actually, I'd have to go through the blood spatter evidence again. But wasn't there traces of blood on the back seat as well.
My recollection was that the back seats contained several small blood spots. Not many, but yes, some.

May 19 2016 2:17 PM Adam Carter
Court now back in session. Jury being called in.

May 19 2016 2:19 PM Adam Carter
Sachak starts by saying there was a stop at Bobcat of Brantford. Smich says they drove straight from the Bosma home. Sachak says there were other trips before getting there.

May 19 2016 2:20 PM Adam Carter
"Once Dell stopped, he didn't have a gun in a satchel ... that you made up," Sachak says. "That's absolutely incorrect," Smich says.

May 19 2016 2:20 PM Adam Carter
"The panic was Dell saying, 'Oh my god, he had a phone, I've gotta find that phone," Sachak says. Smich says that never happened.

I wonder if Igor can back up the Tim Hortons story/line since MS said DM used it on him before Tim.

Too bad the Super Sucker video wasn't just a little high resolution, and the camera pointed a little higher up the truck. You might be able to see if the window was blown out when TB's truck went by at 9:20 (you can actually see the reflection from the Super Sucker lights on the side of the truck, I believe)

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
Sachak says the phone was not broken. Smich agrees that's what the evidence said. #bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
The phone worked when it was found and turned on. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
"What Dell kept saying is, 'You messed up,'" Sachak says. "No sir, that conversation never took place," Sachak says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
Jury knows Bosma phone was later recovered and turned into police. #Bosma

Sachak says that Millard threw Bosma's phone into a business lot, Smich says he doesn't know anything about that. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak suggests that except for the phone casing it was in functional shape. Smich says he doesn't know anything about a case. #Bosma

Except for the casing, the phone was in its original state, Sachak says. "I don't know what he was doing under his crazy state," Smich says

"I don't know what he was doing under his crazy state," says Smich. Sachak says Millard so panicked he didn't even try to destroy phone

"I don't know what he was doing under his crazy state," Smich says. He says Millard did not look panicked at all. #Bosma

Bosma's phone was recovered by police. #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich says Millard "did not look panicked at all." #TimBosma

"He did not look panicked, sir, at all." Smich says. He stands by his descriptor "lunatic."

Sachak says Smich was panicked. He agrees. Sachak says "the lunatic asked you to follow him?" He agrees. #Bosma

After Bobcat, Smich got back in Yukon & Millard into truck. "Where was your gun?" Sachak asks. "I don't have a gun."

So Millard admits to throwing TB's phone out of the truck window.

Sachak says "The lunatic asks you to follow him?" Smich: "He told me." Smich follows Dell to the farm.

Smich agrees the two went to the farm. "Why not call 911?" Sachak asks. #TimBosma #BOsma

Why not call police when you're back in the Yukon? Smich says he was scared. "He just killed someone and he has a gun." #TimBosma

Smich says his phone was dead, and he was terrified. "I didn't know what to do." #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich followed Millard to the farm. Why didn't you call police? Smich says "my phone was dead. I was scared." #TimBosma

Smich followed Millard to the farm. Sachak asks why he didn't just drive away. #Bosma

Smich says his phone was dead. "I was absolutely terrified, I felt threatened and didn't know what else to do." #Bosma

"Why not call 911 when you are in the GMC Yukon?"
Why not drive away? "I did not feel safe or secure," says Smich.

"You felt very safe, you had a gun," Sachak says. "No, he had the gun. It was in his satchel," Smich says. Sachak says not logical.

Sachak suggests Smich felt safe because he had a gun. He says no--Millard had a gun in his satchel. #Bosma

"He just killed somebody. I didn't know what to do." Smich says. "He told me what to do. I was scared." #Bosma

Smich says his phone wasn't working. Why not drive away? Why not go somewhere to use a phone?

"Why not pull over at somebody's house, and knock on the doors and say there's a guy who just murdered somebody, call 911?" Sachak #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 4m4 minutes ago
sachak- "why didn't u drive away if u were so scared? MS' he just killed someone. I didn't know where I was." @AM900CHML

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
"He told me what to do, I was scared," Smich says. #Bosma

"Mr Millard shot and killed Mr Bosma. He incinerated him, he took his truck...that's the evidence, that's the facts," Smich says.

The evidence is, Millard killed Mr. Bosma, incinerated him and took his truck to his mother's house, Smich recites.

Smich: "The logic is and the evidence is Mr. Millard shot and killed Mr. Bosma, he incinerated him..."

odd wording by MS.....MOO

May 19 2016 2:21 PM Adam Carter
Sachak says Millard searched Bosma's body for his phone. Smich says that did happen, but not in the way he described.

May 19 2016 2:21 PM Adam Carter
Sachak says Millard was also concerned about finding a GPS in the truck. Smich says again that didn't happen.

May 19 2016 2:22 PM Adam Carter
"I seen him wiping down the phone or doing whatever he was doing to the phone," Smich says.

May 19 2016 2:23 PM Adam Carter
"What Dell kept saying is, 'You messed up,'" Sachak says. "No sir, that conversation never took place," Sachak says.

May 19 2016 2:23 PM Adam Carter
Sachak says that Millard threw Bosma's phone into a business lot, Smich says he doesn't know anything about that.

May 19 2016 2:24 PM Adam Carter
Bosma's phone was recovered by police

What would you expect them to do? Just drive away in the truck and leave the Yukon in the field forever? Or grab their own vehicle and get outta Dodge as quick as possible.

The extra sightings on the security camera had to be Tim's truck. There was simply not enough traffic (as first admitted by MS) in that rural area to coincidentally be a different truck, so closely matching, in such a short interval of time. JMO

There are at least a couple of issues with that. One is the timing, which was said to have been confirmed at the time, even though not in the officer's notes. The time also matches up with cellphone pings in Ancaster. The second is that for whatever reason, these views of other vehicles driving past Supersucker were disregarded by the expert. If DM's defence found this to be such an important point in his defence, they were certainly welcome to bring in their own expert witness to further examine these vehicles to see if they did indeed match TB's truck, but yet they did not. On top of DM not testifying in his own defence, they also chose to not call *any* defence whatsoever, choosing instead to count on 'reasonable doubt'. They seemed to be happy to leave that one alone until such time as MS chose to take the stand, when now they are making issue with it. I'm sure the point would have been made in closing arguments, but how much impact can it have if they didn't think it worthy to even have an expert second opinion take a look at these additional vehicles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse