Bosma Murder Trial 05.24.16 - Day 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"You're putting your two cents worth in on this homemade incineration plans," Fraser says. "I must have done some research and that's what came up in the research," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:23 AM

"You don't have an interest in that incineration device because it burned garbage. You couldn't care less about it ... Mr. Smich, it's just another element of the plan," Fraser says.
by Adam Carter 11:24 AM

Smich says "No sir."
by Adam Carter 11:24 AM

I think the Crown is doing a good job here. Making some excellent points and using the texts against him. Perhaps because he can go fully after MS without worrying about implicating a client.

<modsnip>

Fraser asks what SMich meant about "chopping would be necessary." Smich says he doesn't recall. "Dismemberment?" Fraser asks. "No sir," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:25 AM

Now on the morning recess. Back in 20 minutes.
by Adam Carter 11:26 AM

(Does anyone know what the 'thermal treatment'/generating electricity thing was about? Asking out of technical curiosity, that was a weird sentence in the texts.)

Fraser asks what SMich meant about "chopping would be necessary." Smich says he doesn't recall. "Dismemberment?" Fraser asks. "No sir," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 11:25 AM

Now on the morning recess. Back in 20 minutes.
by Adam Carter 11:26 AM

Ugh...that was my first thought!

Well Fraser is doing an excellent job so far to undo that doubt in my head about MS!

Wondering why SS wasn't charged with anything.
- he was building a homemade incinerator
- knew about "the plan" to steal a truck at the very least
- purchased the actual incinerator used to burn TB
- IIRC helped with the truck when it was in the hanger
- knew the truck was TB's

<modsnip>

I liked where they ended up before the recess where MS admits he did his own research into incinerators - an incinerator for garbage. That makes no sense. That speaks to extensive planning.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Didn't see that coming.

Smich online, googling incinerators. Chopping... bodies
You don't chop garbage. MS is as guilty and sick as DM.
Crown has a long list showing MS involvement. MOO

I always wondered if that's why the wood chipper was stolen. If that was an original "plan" to dispose of bodies

Destroying evidence still does not nail him though. Come on Fraser, I'm rooting for you lol

We're only on pg 2 of this thread, and the cross examination has been going on for less than 1/2 an hour. Just watch him.

Wondering why if SS wasn't charged with anything.
- he was building a homemade incinerator
- knew about "the plan" to steal a truck at the very least
- purchased the actual incinerator used to burn TB
- IIRC helped with the truck when it was in the hanger
- knew the truck was TB's

Agreed. It makes me sorta nauseous when I think about someone like this getting off without any consequences.

As much as MS wanted to take the stand because of his, um, "conscience" and to "do the right thing", I am guessing the Crown thinks getting a chance to cross one of these two clowns is just going to rubber-stamp first degree murder changes on both of them.

By the time they are done, I think you are going to see why.

Yep. Didn't see that coming.
Leitch is playing this like a game of chess.....variables such as the gun and bullets are like the 'pawn' that only moves forward and you can figure out its path quickly......other variables such as the incinerator and how it fit into the plan is like watching the 'knight' that moves in sets of 3 steps--2+1 or 1+2 (to the side & forward...forward & to the side etc) but the overall direction is still forward just not so easily predicted. Slow--maybe.....thorough--absolutely !!

(Does anyone know what the 'thermal treatment'/generating electricity thing was about? Asking out of technical curiosity, that was a weird sentence in the texts.)

Thermal treatment is just a general term for using heat to destroy waste which includes but is not limited to incineration. About the electricity generation...not sure. But it could support a perceived use other than murder and mayhem? Would make sense to think of energy recovery for ongoing use for garbage, but not so much for bodies. God...who knows any more. Who knows what was in the heads of these people. It's like every piece of testimony makes things less rather than more clear.

He could be referring to "cogeneration" or "combined heat and power" but they operate on a much larger scale.

The use of the word chop makes it pretty clear to me that MS wasn't talking about getting garbage in the incinerator.

Reading ahead on Twitter, and the Crown is exposing MS's knowledge of the purpose for that damn Eliminator IMO and will eliminate MS's chances of convincing people he was just long for the ride to steal a truck from TB! It's all about what is most believable IMO and I cannot accept that MS did not know the plan for TB and fully participate in his murder and incineration.

All MOO.

He could be referring to "cogeneration" or "combined heat and power" but they operate on a much larger scale.

I have a small camp stove called a Biolite that converts some of the heat from the fire into power to charge your cell phone, so they do also work on a smaller scale.

AP tweets: "This cross is MUCH different. Clear. Concise. VERY damning." @AM900CHML

All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member