Bosma Murder Trial 05.25.16 - Day 55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I missed quoting the reporter tweets. Here are the ones from SC. MH also tweeted the same.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 29m29 minutes ago
Smich says he doesn't remember having that discussion with Marlena. Crown: "It's a horrendous suggestion."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 29m29 minutes ago
Millard suggested in text Marlena should help clean up. Smich replied she had to work.

What texts?

Sorry, but this sounds to me like the Crown is tailoring it's story to the evidence. There is no evidence that points to the murder taking place in the field! Nothing, other then a man seeing two cars what he believes pulling out of the field. 100% they scoured that field for any type of blood evidence the very next day. Smich has been having problems with his phone in prior text messages, old phones, fading batteries. Happens to me every day! Of course Tim Bosma not just sitting in the car not noticing that that their taking the back roads all the way to Brantford, DM probably pulled out his gun and said who knows, this is how were doing this, I'm dropping you off, you'll report it as stolen, everybody's happy, when they stop Tim makes a grab for the gun. Of course MOO

Smich says around that time, he was seeking medical attention for his soldier, and also getting a suit for his sister's wedding.
by Adam Carter 12:02 PM

Fraser says we've seen photos of Smich at the wedding "clearly enjoying himself." "Yes sir," he responds, quietly.
by Adam Carter 12:03 PM

Now talking about May 8. Smich called MIllard that day.
by Adam Carter 12:03 PM

Smich then texts Millard at 5:17 p.m.: "yo."
by Adam Carter 12:04 PM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
We are back. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Fraser asking now about their plan for May 8, to burn the stuff from the #Bosma truck. Didn't happen until May 9.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Jury back. Crown asking about Smich's medical appointment for his shoulder and the wedding where Smich "was clearly enjoying himself."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
On May 8, Smich says he might've seen a doctor. He also needed to get a suit for his sister's wedding, bc he was in the party, he recalls.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1m1 minute ago
Smich says wed 8 he was getting medical help. And a suit for his sisters wedding. Mumbles a yes sir to fraser. @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Fraser says we've seen photos from that wedding, of Smich "clearly enjoying" himself. He agrees. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 59s59 seconds ago
Now seeing texts from May 8 2013. Two days after #TimBosma died.

Seeing texts between Smich and Millard the night of May 8. Smich calls him just after 5pm. Then texts "yo." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
We're back. Fraser going through texts May 8 between Smich and Millard. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 52s53 seconds ago
Fraser mocks smich about wedding photo's which show him thoroughly enjoying himself." Smich didn't like the comment. @AM900CHML

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 48s49 seconds ago
Looking at msgs from May 8. Smich doesn't remember phone call. At 6:18pm Millard to Smich "just got on hwy, heading your way, it's slow"

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 52s52 seconds ago
Smich says "yo" initiating a text conversation with Millard. Somone he claims he was trying to avoid in the days after #TimBosma died.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 41s41 seconds ago
Millard texts him back an hour later: "just got on hwy, heading your way. It's slow." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 35s35 seconds ago
Why did Millard come to Smich Wednesday night? Smich isn't sure.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 45s45 seconds ago
10 mins later he says "bro I'm so tired, not gonna have the energy to drive you home. I'll link you tmrw." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 45s45 seconds ago
Millard came to see Smich on May 8. Smich can't recall why. Crown directs him to text at 6:28 p.m. from Millard.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 46s46 seconds ago
At 6:28pm Millard says "bro I'm so tired, not gonna have the energy to drive you home, I'll link you tomorrow."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 22s22 seconds ago
Millard says he's too tired to drop him off...Later agree Millard will stop by.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 41s42 seconds ago
Smich then says "you can take me back tho tonight if I reach or what?...or u just stoppin by?" #Bosma

Then Millard calls him. Later Millard texts that he was heading Smich's way.
by Adam Carter 12:05 PM

Millard later texts: "bro Im so tired, not going to have the energy to drive you home, I'll link you tomorrow." Smich responds, "What's the dealio?"
by Adam Carter 12:06 PM

Smich later texts: "See u tomorro not sure what time yet, but ill let u know what im doing and what I be at. Get some sleep."
by Adam Carter 12:07 PM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 44s45 seconds ago
Smich says he didnt get the 6:28 message, so he replies "what's the dealio. You can take me back tho tonight if i reach or what?"

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 18s19 seconds ago
Agree to see each other on May 9. Millard says he's very tired, almost fell asleep while driving. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17s18 seconds ago
Millard then says "see u tmrw not sure what time yet, but I'll let you know what im doing and where I be at."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 8s9 seconds ago
Once he understands Millard isn't coming, Smich says "see u tomoro not sure what time yet... get some sleep."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 27s28 seconds ago
Smich then says "get some sleep...ok." Millard tells him he almost fell asleep driving home. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 7s8 seconds ago
Crown calls it "a very comfortable conversation between you and Mr. Millard." No confusion or paranoia. Smich: "I was trying to act normal."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 6s7 seconds ago
"there is no hint of confusion or paranoia on your part," Fraser says. "It's a completely comfortable conversation."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes now
Fraser suggests this text exchange is a "clear indication of comfort with Mr. Millard." No confusion or fear. #Bosma

Sorry, but this sounds to me like the Crown is tailoring it's story to the evidence. There is no evidence that points to the murder taking place in the field! Nothing, other then a man seeing two cars what he believes pulling out of the field. 100% they scoured that field for any type of blood evidence the very next day. Smich has been having problems with his phone in prior text messages, old phones, fading batteries. Happens to me every day! Of course Tim Bosma not just sitting in the car not noticing that that their taking the back roads all the way to Brantford, DM probably pulled out his gun and said who knows, this is how were doing this, I'm dropping you off, you'll report it as stolen, everybody's happy, when they stop Tim makes a grab for the gun. Of course MOO

BBM Of course that's what they're doing. The Crown wasn't there. They are putting the evidence together to say what they believe happened that night.
It's only DM and MS who shouldn't be tailoring their stories to the evidence because they were there.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s36 seconds ago
Smich disagrees, says he was just trying to act normal. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 27s28 seconds ago
Fraser suggests it's clearly comfortable and shows no hint of fear between Smich and his "best friend." #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 25s26 seconds ago
"There is no hint of disinterest on your part," Fraser says about the texts. "It's a clear expression of comfort with Mr. Millard." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 45s46 seconds ago
Fraser says these are expressions meant to signal to Mr. Millard "we're good." Smich says he wasn't trying to raise suspicion. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 39s40 seconds ago
"I wasn't trying to raise any suspicion or anything," Smich says. #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 34s35 seconds ago
Crown says Smich is concerned about his best friend Millard getting sleep, make plans for tomorrow. And Smich initiates text contact.

But Fraser points out its Smich who calls him initially. He initiates this. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 42s42 seconds ago
But all this evidence is of you calling Millard, Fraser points out.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 36s37 seconds ago
Fraser points out Smich contacted Millard setting off a 2 hour conversation. Smich says he doesn't recall who contacted who. #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 24s25 seconds ago
Convo ends with Millard saying he almost fell asleep on his drive back to Maple Gate & is getting some sleep 7:11pm.

"There is no hint of disinterest on your part," Fraser says about the texts. "It's a clear expression of comfort with Mr. Millard." Smich says no. "I was scared, and didn't want to be involved in the situation."
by Adam Carter 12:08 PM

Fraser points out Smich initiated the contact that day.
by Adam Carter 12:09 PM

Fraser says there is a "level of comfort" that shows the two are good with each other and what's happening.
by Adam Carter 12:10 PM

"I disagree completely," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 12:10 PM

I have to say I disagree with the Crown that this is a clear indication of a comfort level between MS and DM. Anyone can fake any kind of conversation in text (and people do it ALL the time).

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 33s34 seconds ago
Crown: "the two of you are good with each other and good with what happened and good with the plan." Agree or disagree? Smich: "I disagree."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 23s24 seconds ago
Smich says he "disagrees completely" with idea that he was comfortable with Millard at this point. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 39s40 seconds ago
Smich says on the 7th at night Millard was completely normal. Now that he thinks about it, it was the 7th. #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 34s35 seconds ago
Smich says by May 9 Dell was "normal."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18s19 seconds ago
Smich has prev said that Millard was "back to normal" when he saw him on May 9. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 36s36 seconds ago
Smich agrees he had never seen Millard act like he did on the night of Bosma's death. #timbosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 41s41 seconds ago
Fraser is trying to understand. Millard was only a lunatic for five minutes when he shot and killed #TimBosma at Bobcat of Brantford?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s35 seconds ago
But now says it was maybe the night of May 7, the first time he saw him again, that he was back to normal. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 21s21 seconds ago
Crown: "He was 5 minute lunatic Dell (when he shot Bosma) and you didn't see him for that." Smich says he was a lunatic after too.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 42s42 seconds ago
Fraser says "so he was a lunatic for five minutes and that was the precise time you were not with him?" Smich can't really explain. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s35 seconds ago
Fraser suggests then that Millard was "a lunatic...for 5 minutes." Conveniently the 5 mins Smich claims he wasn't with him.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 26s26 seconds ago
Smich says Millard stayed a lunatic for awhile after. "He looks pretty calm and rationale strolling through the hangar"at 1:30am Fraser says

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 15s15 seconds ago
Walking through hangar with Pedo after killing Bosma, Millard seems calm and rational, says Crown. Smich says he doesn't know, it was dark.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 37s37 seconds ago
Fraser suggests Millard didn't look like a lunatic "strolling" through the hangar in surveillance footage from 1:33 am on May 7. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 25s25 seconds ago
Fraser mocks MS' "so we r to believe that Del was a lunatic for 5 min. And it just so happens u weren't with him. And then he was normal"

Smich agrees he had never seen Millard act like he did on the night of Bosma's death.
by Adam Carter 12:11 PM

"He doesn't look like a lunatic when he's strolling through the hangar with you and Pedo at one thirty in the morning," Fraser says.
by Adam Carter 12:12 PM

Now looking at texts from May 9.
by Adam Carter 12:14 PM

Smich texts at 3:06 a.m. "K yo tryn come get me at lunchtime if u can or beforethat."
by Adam Carter 12:15 PM

MS' testimony is quite laughable at this point. Nothing he is saying makes any sense. I am all for him going down for this but I remain baffled that he and his lawyer thought they were smart enough to put him on the stand to counter Crown's questions.

Fraser says this is the day that he and Millard burned evidence on the farm.
by Adam Carter 12:15 PM

When they got back to the hangar there was an "issue" with Schlatman and Arthur Jennings about the truck. That's when they moved the truck.
by Adam Carter 12:16 PM

Fraser asks Smich if he was the one who took the DVR out of the hangar before it went to Christina Noudga. Smich says no, and didn't see Millard do it.
by Adam Carter 12:17 PM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 36s37 seconds ago
Fraser moving now to May 9. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 35s36 seconds ago
"Good ole Dell was back and stayed good ole Dell until his arrest," Fraser clarifies. "So you're changing your evidence? Tues not Thurs?"

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
He says he may have made a mistake in his story. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 46s46 seconds ago
Smich says he is trying to "correct" his own mistake. That he saw Millard for first time after murder on May 7 and he was normal. Not May 9.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Smich says he would have seen Millard the night of the 7th so he's clarifying in case he testified in error earlier. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 46s47 seconds ago
Fraser says "we know for Dellen Millard and Mark Smich this is a big day...the two of you have a lot of work to do." #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 44s45 seconds ago
NOOOOW smich says Del was normal may 7th. Not 9th as initially testified. Frased "He was good ol Del until his arrest on May 10"

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Now going to May 9 2013. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 55s56 seconds ago
"And you go about your business in a very methodical, planned manner," Fraser says. This is the day they burn stuff at farm. #Bosma

May 9, they have a lot of work to do. Burn evidence at farm, put #Bosma truck in trailer, hook it up to red truck.

Fraser says they went to the hangar, then he farm to burn evidence, then back to the hangar to put the #Bosma truck in the trailer.

Fraser suggests they were together for 9 hours that day. #Bosma

Crown says they're together for 9 hours that day. Smich says it wasn't supposed to be that long and was supposed to be on Wednesday.

Millard and Smich were together about 9 hours Thursday, burning evidence & moving #TimBosma truck.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 47s48 seconds ago
Smich says he doesn't remember how long they were there. #Bosma

Smich isn't sure how long all that took, he says. "I never gave an exact time."

Smich says he doesn't remember how long they burned evidence for. Crown says his own evidence was a couple of hours.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 51s51 seconds ago
Fraser says his own evidence was that it was a couple hours. Smich says he's unsure. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 45s46 seconds ago
Back at hangar, things were "uncomfortable" with Art Jennings and Shane Schlatman. So they got the truck out of there. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 54s54 seconds ago
Things were getting uncomfortable because employee Art Jennings had called Crimestoppers about the truck. What about the DVR from Noudga?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 51s51 seconds ago
At hangar, problem with Art Jennings, so needed to move #Bosma truck, says Crown. Asks if Smich took DVR out of hangar or did Millard?

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 46s46 seconds ago
Fraser asks if Smich took the DVR out of the hangar or did Millard? Smich says he didn't. Did you discuss it? Smich doesn't recall. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 43s44 seconds ago
Fraser asks Smich who took the DVR (the one that was dropped off at Christina Noudga's) out that night as well. He says not him. #Bosma

I'm behind trying to catch up but, I'm wondering how people can suggest "tone" in texts.
At work, I've been told I'm rude via emails but in my mind, it wasn't intended that way at all.
people perceive things differently. People seem to forget this.

"He got it wrong Mr. Smich? Is that the story?" Fraser says. "He saw two vehicles coming out of that field .. You know why they were in that field? Because that's where you and Mr. Millard shot and killed Tim Bosma."
by Adam Carter 11:18 AM

If that is the case then how did the blood and gun residue get all over the inside of the RAM? I'm not buying it.

"It's showing a clear willingness on your part to further the plan to destroy evidence in a murder investigation," Fraser says about the texts. Smich says he didn't want to raise any suspicion.
by Adam Carter 12:20 PM

"You don't raise suspicion if you don't reach out to him," Fraser says.
by Adam Carter 12:20 PM

"There was no comfort at all on my part sir," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 12:21 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 44s44 seconds ago
"It puts you in the hangar with Mr. Millard at 1:30 in the morning," says Crown. Smich says yes, he's not denying that.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 56s56 seconds ago
The tape puts Smich with Millard in the hangar at 130am on May 6. Smich says he's not disputing the fact he was there. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 41s41 seconds ago
Fraser says footage on that DVR put them in the hangar at 1:33am on May 7. Smich agrees. Says he didn't remove it from hangar. #Bosma

Did Millard and Smich discuss the DVR? Did Smich see Millard put it in the truck? No. The hangar is big. Lots was going on, Smich says.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 59s60 seconds ago
Smich: "I don't know if he would have taken it on the 7th or the 9th." Crown takes him to texts on May 9, 3 a.m.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 46s46 seconds ago
Seeing texts now from May 9. Smich texts at 3am "k yo tryn come get me at lunchtime if u can or before that." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 49s50 seconds ago
Thurs May 9 Smich msgs Millard at 3am "K you tryn come get me at lunchtime if u can or beforethat"

Smich is texting Dell to come and get him at lunchtime the next day. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 50s50 seconds ago
Crown: "It's showing a clear willingness on your part to further the plan to destroy the evidence of a murder."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 26s26 seconds ago
Smich: "I didn't want to raise any suspicion." Crown says Smich is initiating contact. "You're all in."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 25s25 seconds ago
Fraser says Smich has claimed he was just playing along: "this is you, at 3 in the morning, reaching out to him and saying "I'm all in."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 21s21 seconds ago
"this is you at 3 in the morning, reaching out to him and saying, 'all in,'" Fraser says. Smich says no, it was bc of prior conversation

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 11s11 seconds ago
In two minutes, Smich sends four messages to Millard in the middle of the night. Asks if he's awake, talks about his sore shoulder...

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 10s10 seconds ago
Smich then follows up 2 mins later saying "reach thru lol...you awake?...if not, maybe still before traffic but I might do X-ray after."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 10s10 seconds ago
Smich msgs 4x at 3am showing "a comfort with Millard," Fraser says. "There was no comfort at all from my part, sir," Smich says.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 39s40 seconds ago
Fraser says "you then follow it up with 'are you awake?'" Fraser says all the texts show an ease of comfort with Millard. Smich disagrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717